It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

No, mary. I didn't think about it at the time, but I would say no. Things seemed to carry on as quickly as they left off... you've got me thinking now though... other times I've experienced this, like at school, it's been in and around 100's of school kids and I was still walking while it happened, soooo I think we can rule out lost time

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

I'm glad other people have seen (un-pun intended) this. I did a search on this topic and it gave me an ATS URL!

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds

And that URL gave an interesting opposite ATS URL! The world just lit up but may have been related to an explosion.

Also, I checked to see when the last total solar eclipse was in my state and it was in the 1800's.
edit on 30/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
reply to post by spikey

Have the beings that engineered the matrix died, leaving their creation to crumble through the ages?
[edit on 21-2-2010 by Jimjolnir]

Bingo

Not the first time for me - last night it happened. 8 rapid blinks in a second is about maximum a human can clock. these events hang for about 3-4 blinks so its noticeably odd

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiratio

Eish, it may be a fair assumption that if our reality was created by others that they may have ceased to be, but where's the evidence? I ain't going on blind faith

please tell us about your experiences!

I'd say about 3 or 4 fast blinks of the eyes is correct... on page 2, a little way down, I posted a vid of a guy practicing conducting. The speed of one beat, as I stated in that post, correlates with what you have stated about the duration of the 'black-out' (at least in my experiences).

cheers ya'll
have a rockin' weekend!!
Jim

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
reply to post by Spiratio

Eish, it may be a fair assumption that if our reality was created by others that they may have ceased to be, but where's the evidence? I ain't going on blind faith

please tell us about your experiences!

I'd say about 3 or 4 fast blinks of the eyes is correct... on page 2, a little way down, I posted a vid of a guy practicing conducting. The speed of one beat, as I stated in that post, correlates with what you have stated about the duration of the 'black-out' (at least in my experiences).

cheers ya'll
have a rockin' weekend!!
Jim

haha not so much the ceased to be part but the matrix itself I am 100% certain.... search thru my threads I wrote thread on my personal experiences... be warned tho I go off the deep end a few posts down in responses - describing issues for someone trying to offer help. Those posts are not good for your mental health as they are about mental processes etc. (contagious if you comprehend them too well) not very interesting either in comparison to the initial 2 or 3 posts.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is strange that I thought about proving something that I was wrong by imagining things going dark just for a split second and then changed my mind and thought maybe a few seconds. Actually this sounds crazy even typing it on my screen. What I thought about was the sun emitting no visible light visible to the naked eye just for a split second or for a few seconds. I may have thought about stopping all visible light but I believe other light not visible was still going on. Light not visible to the naked eye that is. I imagined the sun emitting a form of dark energy that is not visible to the naked eye. Anyway this was just something I thought about. I doubt anything happened just because I thought about it happening. That sounds absolutely crazy. I guess if I imagine the whole globe and the whole sun emitting dark energy for a few minutes nothing will happen either. If it does I don't know if you guys are crazy or I am or if I'm psychic and picking up on something else. I just thought about it. I don't want that to happen. Billions of people would go into a panic. If something like that does happen though, I think I may be crazy.
edit on 31/3/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ok, I thought it would be weird if something like the sun blinked out for a second but it's weirder to have some people claim it happened. How many people in affected areas did this happen to? There could be some local strange phenomena to explain things. I don't know what that could be. It's possible I stumbled on one of the older threads and that could explain why I've thought what if light energy became dark energy invisible to our naked eye. If the frequency of light shifted across the universe, that could create major problems making us all effectively blind or changing things for the worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I missed seeing anybody claim the sun "actually" blinked out for any period of time. Most are trying to figure what obscured the sunlight. In my case, it couldn't have been sun related because even the gas stove fires were not visible.

There's a 1950 case in some town up North where the whole town had the sun obscured and the reasoning turned out to be a forest fire in Canada ... some people accepted the hypothetical reasoning, some didn't.

Lots of cases ended up as complete solar eclipses.

A couple ended with the deductive hypothesis that an airplane blocked the light.

And there are other hypothesis which more complicated.

Since the mind is electrical 2-8 Hz during awake periods ... my current guess (not even a hypothesis ... just a guess) for Mom's and my experience is an electromagnetic blip. Whether it was the result of a solar flare or terrestrial electromagnetics, I don't know.

Alternatively, it could be a perception phenomenon.

I think if somebody says, "The sun went out" that they meant it as a figure of speech.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by orionthehunter

I missed seeing anybody claim the sun "actually" blinked out for any period of time. Most are trying to figure what obscured the sunlight. In my case, it couldn't have been sun related because even the gas stove fires were not visible.

Since the mind is electrical 2-8 Hz during awake periods ... my current guess (not even a hypothesis ... just a guess) for Mom's and my experience is an electromagnetic blip. Whether it was the result of a solar flare or terrestrial electromagnetics, I don't know.

Alternatively, it could be a perception phenomenon.

I think if somebody says, "The sun went out" that they meant it as a figure of speech.

I have experienced this during the day and at night

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I think you're on to something! This phenomenon seems to affect a small enough area, that not everyone will notice it (could have just blinked/been sleeping?).

If what we've been experiencing is electro-magnetic (or similar) it could explain this nicely. If this is a possible cause, how is this occuring? Is it radio/wireless technologies that are to blame, is it radiation from outside the earth eg. cosmic rays, solar flares, etc, is it something happening in the atmosphere? This is pure speculation, obviously. Could it be a cumulative result of all of these things, with localy energized particles affecting our ocular mechanics as to trip our eyes from receiving light (or sending the info to the brain). On the other side, where people have claimed a 'white-out', could that just simply be the opposite; an over stimulation of the nerves connecting the eyes to the brain?

I've never thought about trying to find historical cases of this. That could help, to see how far this experience goes back.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It was just a glitch in the matrix. They have been getting more common lately due to the Suns Em output increasing. Its nothing to worry about. Normally

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I've seen that myself hundreds of times. It's like the sun goes out for a fraction of a second. I wish I had a camera I could leave on all day to catch it to see how big the shadow is. I think it might be aircraft, but it fits no pattern or anything like that. I live in San Francisco, California. It happens here too. I get the feeling from outside occurrences that the shadow is quite large. It seems to cover my whole field of vision, but I never asked anyone if they seen it too knowing Americans are too drugged up to notice fast moving things like that.

Maybe the light bulb in the sun is going out and someone needs to go up their and change it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
In the OP case and mine it was a "no light perception" case. That needs to be diffrentiated from other types of temporary blindness where persons see a lot of white (not darkness.)

I cannot find whether "conversion disorder" presents as "no light perception" or as a solid field of whiteness light.
www.intelihealth.com...

For the people with fields of white light, this can be flash blindness or other things:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.atomicarchive.com...
www.remm.nlm.gov...

And then:
knol.google.com...

The wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation that are visible to the eye range from approximately 380 to 760 nanometres ( 1 nanometre = 1/1000,000,00 metre) . If all the wavelengths of light are seen at the same time, the human eye cannot distinguish the individual wavelengths and the brain has the sensation of white light.

edit on 2/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey i have a theory. What if a huge spaceship thats near the sun went back and forth in front of it conducting experiments on the Sun? They froze time according to them a little while but seemed like a split second to us.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Hey i have a theory. What if a huge spaceship thats near the sun went back and forth in front of it conducting experiments on the Sun? They froze time according to them a little while but seemed like a split second to us.

There have been NASA reports of planet sized UFOs. Maybe those craft are passing between the sun and Earth like you said. Since the flicker is so fast people must not be thinking anything of it so that leads to there being no reports of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ramle

A planet size UFO would need to be almost as close to Earth as the moon to cast a shadow on the Earth to block out all sunlight. If a planet size UFO came that close to the Earth, I believe authorities, NASA and other groups would be able to see a large object that close. That's the problem I see with that idea. If it was cloaked, then that suggests it would not be blocking out sunlight. I did read stories about much smaller ufo's causing an electromagnetic effect in their vicinity where they would cause lights to stop functioning. I didn't hear anything about the effect causing natural sources of light to blink off.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I know... 3 years later- but I had the same thing happen, and conditions were far from yours- which will help cement *your* experience. Mine happened on a cloudy, overcast day. We had no lights on in the room, I was talking with my wife, who was looking at some truly absurd baby names- and then, blink, blink blink. Each 'blink' was unbelievably dark. My first and immediate thought: Stroke?! I had been severely stressed since April... until I heard "what the HELL was that?!" Relief... wait.. what?

A fourth one was later. The entire sky went black, and we were in a lit room. Lights weren't affected. What's more, my wife was on the computer, and since the lights hadn't blinked, she didn't see it. It means this thing is external- and for some reason.... I got an impression these things were beyond my comprehension of huge, and moving at speeds that made my hair stand on end. Keep in mind- cloudy, overcast day, so the sun is diffused all over and it's uniformly grey out...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WdBASH

At the risk of sounding (more) nuts, I have occasionally seen in one case, what could only be described as '8 bit lightening' Big, flat square patches of sky lighting up like lightening (it was stormy a few miles away). I saw what looked for all the world like the sky had a massive electrical glitch- electrical arcs going across a grid... Think Minecraft, with weather.

And today? Square damned clouds. I tried to even get a pic. The pic I tried for had a perfect cube nestled in a cloud!

Damned pic didn't capture it. We both saw it, and my wife stood there, stared at the pic so hard, I thought the screen was going to catch fire and kinda just went 'wha wha wha.... where the hell is the cube?!'

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Okay so myself and two of my friends experienced the exact same thing yesterday. It was also between 12-12:30 and there was a plane flying over when it happened. It was very bright and sunny, we had all the curtains open, and our only lighting was natural. It was just like the whole world went out for just a half second. And we all saw it. We're still trying to figure it out, but it happened to us exactly the way you explained it. I can't seem to find a lot on it, but I'd love to talk more about it. Its been five years since this post, but I hope someone will notice.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: staceylenny
Posting a geographical location such as state or city and state and what the date and time was might help in documenting these incidents. Maybe governments are experimenting with super large flying equipment. Maybe something is cloaked and is blocking out all sunlight as it zips past overhead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join