It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
we are like walking antenna's so maybe some how your signal got blocked for a couple of secs somehow...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"I don't know if it is relevant, but a plane was flying overhead. "

Sounds like the plane was caught between you and the sun. You were covered in a shadow for a brief second. No biggie, it happens more often in big cities as there's more air traffic.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

lmao im sure he/she knows the difference between a complete blackout and the casting of a shadow...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Have you looked into a partial eclipse being the culprit?

As i said in my post up the page a bit..might be the cause.

I must be on a hell of a lot of ignore lists, nobody seems to want to answer me...oh well, i'll get my coat.

If I may, please don't. How about researching your thought and letting us know if it's a real possibility because it might very neatly explain this.

I still love Britain!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There was no eclispe on this day and wouldnt an eclipse last longer than a split second?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just came across this entry reading Charles Fort's The Book of the Damned. He's talking about predicted eclipses that never happened... and unpredicted darknesses.

In Notes and Queries, 2-4-139, there is an account of a darkness in Holland, in the midst of a bright day, so intense and terrifying that many panic-stricken persons lost their lives stumbling into the canals.

Gentleman's Magazine, 33-414:

A darkness that came upon London, Aug. 19, 1763, "greater than at the great eclipse of 1748."

Monthly Weather Review, March, 1886-79:

That, according to the La Crosse Daily Republican, of March 20, 1886, darkness suddenly settled upon the city of Oshkosh, Wis., at 3 P.M., March 19. In five minutes the darkness equaled that of midnight.

Consternation.

I think that some of us are likely to overdo our own superiority and the absurd fears of the Middle Ages--

Oshkosh.

People in the streets rushing in all directions--horses running away--women and children running into cellars--little modern touch after all: gas meters instead of images and relics of saints.

This darkness, which lasted from eight to ten minutes, occurred in a day that had been "light but cloudy." It passed from west to east, and brightness followed: then came reports from towns to the west of Oshkosh: that the same phenomenon had already occurred there. a "wave of total darkness" had passed from west to east.

Other instances are recorded in the Monthly Weather Review...

Fort, Charles, and Jim Steinmeyer. The book of the damned. New York: J P Tarcher, 2008. 232-3. Print.

It's an omnibus edition of all four of Fort's books; a few pages into chapter 17 of The Book of the Damned itself.

There's a lot more, but I don't feel like typing any more of them up.

It all sounds quite similar to what you experienced. Someone needs to compile an ongoing encyclopedia of Fortean phenomena.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It happened at about noon, when the sun would be at its zenith, at the highest point in the sky. The airplane that you saw simply flew overhead, temporarily casting your home in shadow. As an aviator, I will often look down at the shadow my aircraft creates on the ground below. The lower the aircraft, the darker the shadow will be. Simple explanation - nothing supernatural.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bagari

Hnn. That explanation does not match the phenomenon described. Maybe his mind exaggerated it, as minds sometimes do, but it still does not match the phenomenon described. People in this day and age are used to planes creating some amount of darkness. They're only a little different from clouds, in that they are more solid and yet smaller.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Just read this thread, but I had a very similar experience to you too. I wrote a thread about it last year.

Two witnesses, myself and a family member, similar circumstances but we happened to be looking out to sea on a cloudless day, so saw the edge of the shadow moving away at an ultra high-speed. Darkness for a very split second.

My belief is something huge (and not visible to the eye) passed between the earth and sun.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

There seems to be a few phenomena that are similar to what certain friends, family and members of this site and I have witnessed. I just briefly read your OP and if it was the same thing I've seen, you were lucky to have viewed it like that. But, it seems that when this occurs, as I've described it and by others concurrence, it is actually a momentary loss of what we perceive..

Like being aware of de javu, I hope that the next time i experience this, that having spoken out about it and really considered it's validity, I will be able to analyze the brevity from the viewpoint of an investigator.

@bagari and solasis. wasup.

It would have to be a huge plane to be that dark as to be experienced as said black out, planes unfortunately do fly very low here. (as an aviator bagari, why do planes sometimes seem to fly lower than they should? are they being lazy? its damn loud!)
thanks for the info solasis, but as much as what you brought here is in line with what I've seen, it's more like a parrallel line in a different space, you kno?
I am used to plane shadows, saw them most on the old schoolfields (your there everyday, it's more likely to happen) and never have I been convinced that the world around me vanished for a second from a plane shadow. Its like a cloud shadow, sometimes darker, you can try run after them, you can see them start and end.

This 'black-out' needs to be discused, and now for more than just my piece of mind. Thank you all for your input. you never know what info may help get to the bottom of this. keep the speculation,info,stories,ideas a-comming!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I had an eerily similar experience about 25 years ago. I was driving with my mom and sister in the car and as we approached a stoplight, suddenly everything went black - there were no lights anywhere - not on cars, streetlights houses, just absolutely complete darkness and it lasted probably what seemed to be about 3 seconds or so. My mom and sister and I looked at each other after the light returned and we all asked each other "did you see that?" To this day we talk about it and wonder what could have happened that all three of us had the exact same experience. I've been hoping to find someone else who may have experienced this and can explain it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi op. You may be interested in this recent thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
there have been an increase in claims the sun ha shad " power shortages" or flashes of light it could be a number of things

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You know that mini series called "flash forward" where everyone blacks out for a few minutes and they see the future? I wonder if the media is leaking something. Maybe this does happen to people. I haven't watched that series, only a few episodes at the beginning, so I don't even know what is happening on that. But this post sort of reminds me of that. I mean, you only saw it go dark for a second and you didn't loose consciousness, but maybe it is possible to make that happen and they are testing something.

Who knows?

Anyway, it sounds more like some sort of test than that there is something actually wrong with the sun. If there was something like that, everyone would see it, not just a few people in one area. But if there is some sort of weapon that can make you loose consciousness or shift into a different brain wave state, then maybe they could be testing something like that. Or there may be some environmental explanation, that is, something medically wrong with the people in your area, caused by something in the environment. T

link   
That's the second thread like this that I've read in the past few days.
Interesting to say the least.

link   
reply to post by maya27

Oh snap I thought this was the same thread that just got linked above. The the other links title was changed a few times before. This is pretty interesting sounding stuff. I hope it happens to me sometime.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I know my brother has told me of the opposite happening to him and his fellow classmates on a bus. They were coming home from a basketball game at around midnight or so and the whole area around them just went bright as day light for a few seconds then it happened again for a few seconds, and then nothing else. He said everyone that was awake was like "what the.."

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have experienced the very same thing when i was a kid its like the sun just went out, very odd, it effected me so much it even give me nightmeres for years after, because i just couldn't understand it, it was on a very bright & hot summers day i could even feel the temperature drop as if i was in the shade or i was put into a cooler dark room,

i just asumed a very large and very invisible UFO had flown overhead, thats my partial Eclipse take on things because there certainly wasn't any other large body in the sky capable of blotting out the sun to that exstent, i should say this all lasted in about 1second - half a second, and no medical conditions here either.

i can't explain it and i really don't know wot happened or wot it was, probably the only place in the world i would talk about it is right here On ATS i have never told a single person about it in my life for fear of ridicule as unlike you i was alone and walking in fields...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the Sun dying at a faster rate than most scientists currently theorize. Other than that, I really don't know an explanation, but is interesting none the less. Although, it also could be due to some type of interference or manipulation.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Crazy. not the first I've heard of this, I've never experienced that though... Maybe start a thread?

reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I know how you feel.

reply to post by thewheelturns

I certaintly hope not

Thank you to ALL of you for your posts. Lots of things to consider, could it be planes? planets? dimensions? power-shortages of the sun!?! mass-mental illness
what, what, what?

edit on 17-9-2010 by Jimjolnir because: poopty peupty pants-ss

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join