It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I live in a little town called Waterfall in Durban, South Africa. The following is something myself and at least two others experienced around 3 hours ago now.

Between 12:00PM and 12:30PM today, 21 Feb, my Mom and I were talking in the kitchen when something strange happened. For a split second everything went dark. Outside as well as in. The electricity, the sun, all light dissapeared! It is a cloudless, sunny, summer day. I don't want to speculate to much but it was as if we jumped dimensions. We both looked outside and then at each other.
I asked my Mom, "Did you see that?"
she said, "Yes! What the (expletive) was that?!"
I don't know if it is relevant, but a plane was flying overhead.
I followed my Mom outside, the plane went so fast that it was gone before we could catch a glimpse.
(I just went to confirm things with my Mom, my aunt just arrived, she says she experienced the same thing at the same time. She lives over the hill from us, almost from where the plane would have flown. It came from the north.)

My mom and I both felt a little funny, our eyes and stomach especially. Nothing crazy, almost a little faint. That lasted a few seconds. strange.

In addition to this story, I experienced the same thing when I was 14, 10 years ago. I was in standard 7 and in a second floor classroom, sitting at a table with 5 other people. The same thing happened.
Everything went dark. We looked up at eachother and the question arose, "did you see that?". Some say they just blinked, others swore, like me and my friend Ross, that we hadn't. I looked around and I thought other students noticed it too. A lot of them were looking around. I asked a lot of them about it after class, some say they experienced it while others weren't sure, or were sure they had blinked.

This happened again about a week or two later (if memory serves me well). After a recess period while lining up before going back to class, my friend Ross and I were talking and we both experienced a black out.

So, I've experienced this outside as well as in and with multiple witnesses and I, and others, have no clue as to what can cause this.

If anyone as any leads on what this could be, or how it happens, it would be appreciated.

If anyone has experienced a black out like this, or something you find similar, or that could contribute to the topic please post your experiences/information.

Please no flaming, trolling, off-topic posting... we know this is burdensome, even in a vauge topic such as what I've posted above.

Thanx and happy posting

*my first thread, I apologise if it sucks, or has been covered already. I tried searching and googling with no luck. Delete if need be. I'm a noob
if this is in the wrong forum, or could be in a better one please move it. Thanks to MODS for taking care of us noob flock

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Maybe you should go and see a doctor. That could be a serious condition.

No seriously, I have not heard of anything like this. A split second? Better estimate please, and I assume here that this was instant off and on.

On the previous occassions was a plane also involved? You say you did not get to see the plane but yu obviously heard it. Propellers or jet? Estimate of speed and direction from your position and if you have it your Latitude and Longitude at the time of the incident(s) - both recent and school and the Longitude and Latitude of your aunt's place? [NOTE: If you don't want to publish these in public please consider a u2u]

I know you gave the town, I am just being lazy - and looking for pinpoint accuracy and some sort of reasonably accurate direction.

What, if any, military installations are there around you?

[edit on 21/2/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Why don`t you contact the local and national newspapers , you may no be alone.

When this event previously happened , did any adults see it?

Perhaps you could also make `discreet` inquiries in your immediate vicinity .
=================================================

Just to add;(december rain /snap)

On such a bright day if something (a cloud etc.) blocked the sun momentarily , it could be a little disorienting as your eyes make the necessary adjustments.
Again just a thought , i know you stated it was a cloudless day .

Could you clarify something for me ?
The electricity, the sun, all light dissapeared

Are you saying electrical devices failed ?

[edit on 21-2-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hi I think this happens when one makes a sudden movement or go from light areas to dark areas immediately. It takes few seconds for eyes to adjust to exposure to sunlight. You should get a checkup with doctor of your eyes as it's common symptom for weak eyes also.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Lol, no I think I'm alright hey. No conditions I know of.
Well a split second... it was about half a second if that helps?

If you know anything about music a good reference is that it was the duration of one beat in 4/4 timing at 120bpm. Thats about the best estimate I can give.

Although there could have been a plane in the 'school experience', I
honestly can't recall. I don't think so though...
The plane, from today, was definately jet propelled. We only have
commercial flights and the occasional helicopter, I have only spotted a handful of small craft from my house.
I'm terrible at estimating distance and speed, I wouldn't even know how
fast a plane travels. My mom said that it flew by faster than
normal, I don't know. we went to look for it when it sounded like it was above us, it was heading to the south, so it could have been behind the tree's already.

If I had google earth I'd maybe give you the location of the school, but probably not my house and those of my family...

A u2u would be fine, I suppose. maybe i'll make a mission for google earth later (not now, i'm lazy... and baking

If it helps, you already know I'm in waterfall, exact location shouldn't really matter, it's a small, slowly growing town, practicly on it's own, if there's military around us it would be awesome (not!) but it would make for some conversation. # if there is military around me I'd like to know.

My house is fairly central to waterfall, my aunt's house is 1.3Km as the crow flies. my old high school is 9.7Km from my house.

edit to correct distances

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Jimjolnir]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Should be video evidence from several security cameras in the community.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Although I have never seen everything go visually dark like that, I have seen a section of space dissapear before. Almost as if someone on the other side opened a garage door and on my side it looked like a huge section of space disappearing. This lasted about a second (must be a really fast garage door).

Not a big deal.... Maybe the Universe had errors when replicating, and the proceess (which is seemless most times) hung for longer than usual... Just my guess though. Don't worry about the whole doctor thing, it happens. You are just a little more in tune than most.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To UmbraSumus: Thats a good idea, I'l look into it
When it happened previously, 10 years ago, I honestly dont think it crossed my mind to ask a teacher/adult. what would it matter? I mean, when it happens and someone near you confirms it, or more than one person does it gives you something to think about.

of the 6 people I was around today, only three of us, so 3 out 0f 7, noticed this phenomenon. It was the first time for me that someone experienced this in a different area (+-2.5Km) at the same time.

To December_Rain: I was in the kitchen talking to my Mom about Genetically modified organisms and food stuffs, codex, and all that, energy, the universe... typical sunday banter... and then it happened.

maybe the mothership went by the earth, i dunno

(ignore that last line)

On a serious note, the last I saw an optometrist was a little over 2 years ago, he said I was 20/20, i thought i needed glasses, he said I compute too much, do eye exercises, i said ok, i'm better now.

To dainoyfb: good point, don't know if I'd just be allowed to review said video though.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WdBASH

Thats pretty out there, you know garage door and all. I don't mean to take my own thread off topic, but here I go, (so maybe I do)... WdBASH, when you experienced this was it white or black, the empty/missing space? also,Please explain this garage door thing, I don't get it. but I want to know..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is actually kinda fascinating. Intriuging fist post!

I am curious about 'everything going black'. If the electricity actually cut out, than any digital clocks without backup should have been flashing 1200. Did that occur? If not, than I think it would be safe to say this was a perceptual occurance, or rather something that affected YOU rather than the environment around you.

If it were just you, than it could be easily written off as something internal. Since there are several people with the same perception, in different locations it makes it a little harder to ignore.

I think Puter man is going to be looking into the geological possibilities. If there was any local tectonic activity at that approximate time, perhaps something within the magnetic field 'interrupted' your brains signals for a moment....my best, far out there, grabbing guess.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ordinary explanation could be a partial eclipse?

Lot's of these happen around the world..not saying it was that, but it's a possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Could you clarify something for me ?
The electricity, the sun, all light dissapeared

Are you saying electrical devices failed ?

[edit on 21-2-2010 by UmbraSumus]

See that's the tricky part, everything is normal, the tvs on and fine the fans are going... but you know that something very strange just happened

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I do like your post

no like I said^^ all is fine. It is crazy though, when my aunt said "ja, I saw that too! I thought it was just the lights." We only had our tv and fans on. my kitchen is well lit on a day like today so no artificial light

on another note I will try get the coords for you PuterMan. sorry if it takes a while, don't go gettin all psycho groupie on me for them.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Have you looked into a partial eclipse being the culprit?

As i said in my post up the page a bit..might be the cause.

I must be on a hell of a lot of ignore lists, nobody seems to want to answer me...oh well, i'll get my coat.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'll check Stellerium quick

watch this space oooooo

... No, sorry Spikey. the moon wasn't near close enough. I've experienced this outside once before, and there has never been evidence to point out a cause for this... not that I'm aware, the perplexing part is a group of people claiming to experience it. I say claim because maybe group think has somethuing to do with it... but how did my aunt, acting all surprised, claim to experience the same thing?

I don't know what it was, I would like for more people who have seen this 'black-out' to find this thread. maybe we could actually make a map of connections of the experience.

was it another reality/dimension/universe or the lack thereof?
was it aliens?
was it o.j.?
did the sun kick into bystand diesel generators?
Have the beings that engineered the matrix died, leaving their creation to crumble through the ages?

lets be patient and see if more people have seen this I suppose

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sounds like the start and end of the Dark Hour to me! megamitensei.wikia.com...

Actually, I've experienced things like this before; more often it's a severe dimming of all the lights than actual plunging into darkness. It's only occasionally that anyone else experiences it, but my hope is that they're just ignoring it because they're either used to it or they don't want to notice it or they just flat out don't notice it. If that's not what's going on, we might all have some neurological disorders

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

That game sounds awesome, even the vague connection here makes me wonder if the creator/one of the writers had experienced this phenomenon.

I'm sure I read about someone who experienced this, maybe I just need to search harder...

hopefully, our neurological systems are healthy

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The game is awesome
My roommate and I have been playing it almost nonstop for a month.

But back on topic, I have wondered if they had experienced something like it; we would have no way of knowing if there was a "Dark Hour" unless we were able to be awake to it. There's even a point when things that happen during the dark hour begin to get noticed (some people dying, going missing, etc.), and one of the characters says "For the longest time, they were all explained away as just ordinary murders. But some of them are harder to explain..."

*cough* That's not on topic, is it?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Jimjolnir,

Its possible that I just hallucinated, but what I saw... i'll never forget. I was driving across the country and was in Arizona in the middle of nowhere when I saw off to my side a huge plot of space dissapear. When i say "disappear" what I mean is that the it looked like a large black door (square) had just opened up for no reason. Could be just a trick of the eyes, but It almost looked computer generated or something (gridlike). What really confused me, is that it wasn't some small chunck of visual space that disappeared. It was a few miles across and a few thousand feet high. I hate to put it in these terms, but if you were playing an online game you would refer this sort of thing as the object wasn't "rezzing" fast enough... I always figured that if we did live in some sort of computer simulation I would think that less resources would be allocated to some guy flying down the road in the middle of the dessert.

Anyhow, could have been my imagination, but i wouldn't be so fast to explain it as somehow being a hallucination. I know we've probably all seen/experienced things that were strange (hence why a lot of us are here). I know this is one of many reasons i'm here. I don't really have any explanation of what could have happened to you besides the one or two I offered, but then again its probably one of those things that are the way they are because they can't be explained...

Good luck on finding something better than speculation (which is all I have to offer)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Its the fact* that you were not the only one experiencing this phenomenon that is the most curious aspect .

*Provided you are not (as they say in cockney rhyming slang) telling pork pies !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join