It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you solve the unemployment crisis?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

But the problem is those big, corporations are the ones controlling our government that is supposed to represent the people. And let's face it the majority of Americans are middle class. Take my state of CA for exmaple. Nancy Pelosi, Feinnstein, and Boxer are all multimillionaires. The people running for governor are millionaires. These people don't want to change anything. They are the status quo and the currenty financial state of America is making them wealthy beyond our imagination. That's the whole problem. Nobody cares about the middle class. When you are a multimillionaire how the hell can you relate to a two income family making $60K a year. LMAO! Our government is so out of touch and is filled with the people they are supposed to be going after........the rich corporatists.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
way to many imports vs export why dont we make anything in America....

Almost starting to look like Israel..

Got all this land and resouces and We America, makes hardly anything...

Hardly anything..

Tired of service work.. America needs to make lotsa stuff..

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You still live with your parents. What do you know about real work? LMAO!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

outside looking in here, but the title is.....

His position matters not..

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Sorry man I've been sick with an auto immune disease, not a big deal really, but you are showing your true colors. Also, it shows you know nothing of financial markets either, so you are just making yourself look dumb in reality. But continue, you are adding a lot to this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

But the problem is those big, corporations are the ones controlling our government that is supposed to represent the people. And let's face it the majority of Americans are middle class. Take my state of CA for exmaple. Nancy Pelosi, Feinnstein, and Boxer are all multimillionaires. The people running for governor are millionaires. These people don't want to change anything. They are the status quo and the currenty financial state of America is making them wealthy beyond our imagination. That's the whole problem. Nobody cares about the middle class. When you are a multimillionaire how the hell can you relate to a two income family making $60K a year. LMAO! Our government is so out of touch and is filled with the people they are supposed to be going after........the rich corporatists.

I'm not asking, for permission. Why would we need to ask, for permission to take care of ourselves in local markets we create and allow to thrive by participating in?
It's NOT going to be an overnight process or success, it didnt happen that quick it wont be fixed that quick.
Addressing the stock market question of cause, I'll say this; it wasnt the stock markets fault it was the participation in certain falsifications and the lure of consumption without contribution that made the stock market a PART of the entire mismanaged planned fiasco. A few grew EXTREMELY wealthy controlling while alot were just thrilled with the crumbs from that table.
Its just about be empowered and controlling your own life.
Its going to revert to small again, its going to have to, it cant continue.
Now its just a matter of controlling the fall.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Got all this land and resouces and We America, makes hardly anything...

Hardly anything..

Tired of service work.. America needs to make lotsa stuff..

Granted that America isn't the manufacturing giant it once was...
However as the owner of a farm in Texas, I can tell you that America is a powerhouse when it comes to Agriculture.

But I agree....we used to make steel in this country; now we make happy meals.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with the stock market. You guys read too much Karl Denninger and friends.

This does have everything to do though with the common American consumer and how we spend well, well above our means. It was time to pay the piper. Get over it.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
We are obviously NOT in any growth status, nor will we ever be in ones like we were in the past leading to this time

Now thats not really likely...during the great depression, people thought it was the end times, that America was without a doubt fallen...never again to have any growth...things were much, much worse back then and people were far more pessimistic...well, we got through it and out of it in time...a long time, but it did pass.

Same here. Things will improve and once again be strong and high...but its crazy to think that even in a year from now things will be great considering how we do things to begin with. perhaps if the gub-ment would take a few ideas from this thread and simply do it, things would recover a hell of alot faster and sustain itself...until then...plan on years of darkness before some light comes into view.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Ok, but when I goto the grocery store I am buying cherries and grapes and other produce from oh say bolivia, or some other south american place, which is fine but when most of our produce comes from out of the country its sad..

I dunno who our farmers are sending our produce too, but I would not mind paying a extra dime or so for american, food..

Anyhow, I feel the stock market is one of the biggest problems when it comes to work in America... Not to mention the Government, the taxes tarriffs, the Epa, and all things that just feels like taxing a buisness in america.. LOL its cheaper to get work from china, or Mexico, when you have corperate lawyers keeping little buisnesses down, for trying to start something. So who is in control.. If corperations dont wanna hire people, or wanna lay people off that is the truth in America. Unless your a service buisness like a Plunber or landscape person, your not going to manufacture anything without paying taxes or bowing down to the corperate law in America.. Period...

No big suprise here...

Until that is fixed.. I dont see work for the MASSES until something is reformed...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The very basic root for employment is to serve a need. Humans do not spend their money just out of charity, but they will spend on something that meet their needs.

Therefore, in order to be employed, there must be entreprenuers who dares to serve that serve that need, and as no one man can do a biz alone, he will hire staff to help him - employment created.

Many presume that what is needed had already been created, and makes no sense to recreate and compete in the market which only brings price wars and low profits.

Thing is, at times, needs themselves are created and hyped marketed. Do you really need that Plasma tv, compared to a cathode ray tube Tv? Isnt the purpose of the cell phone is just to make and receive calls, but why are we buying new models of phones every year?

Another things is to bank on technology. Humans long for Utopia and see trappings of tech advancement as a bridge to reach it. Thus they will pay for such wonders to fulfill their longings, be him a NWO CEO or a Hutu tribseman.

Sit down, think long and hard, it may just be a simple device but cleverly marketed that may end up creating the most jobs. The US govt is already prepared to fund such ventures. The opportunity is now, and the entreprenuer must never to forget to pay a fair renumeration to the workers. The excesses of the past must never be repeated again as the world start from the reset mode.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The cleanest, swiftest and most logical method would be to cap wealth a $1 billion. People who would be effected by this would face mandatory economic retirement; all their stocks would be converted to non-voting class shares, and they would be prohibited from engaging in any commerical financial activities. they could take up a sport, write a book, become a musician, an artist, a volunteer doctor, etc, but they wouldn't be allowed to play with or in the financial markets anymore.

Allow, say, four years of tax-free transfers to non-profits, research organizations, and such to allow them to draw down their excessive wealth gradually and safely, then time's up, whatever they haven't gotten rid of is confiscated and disbursed by the GAO.

There is no logical, ethical, or moral reason to allow untrammelled wealth-building at the expense of hundreds of millions of other people. After all, the super-wealthy aren't in it for the money, since by definition, the money is meaningless to them. They are in the wealth-building game for the ego boost. Anyone who claims a need for more is seriously mentally and spiritually sick.

They have no unmet needs, and few unmet desires.

They don't provide jobs: look around you and tell me how many they've created.

They don't innovate: innovation brings change, and that's the last thing they want; they are far more likely to kill innovation than create it. Poor people innovate because they have to, to survive.

Frankly, I see no reason to allow huge fortunes.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You must have not understood what I wrote, at all. I havent read your suggested author, and I quite understand markets, young man.
After a few decades of involvement I would believe you would want your experience and intelligence to be respected as well.
The markets were false, the participation deceptive, the promise unattainable and the profits misdirected, stolen and wasted.
It was NOT the stock markets fault, but the participants and employ of abuse.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You will have to be more specific.

This is an opinion based on what?

I am all for the debate and looking for informed opinions, remember we are talking about equity markets, futures, options, bonds - We know these CDS,MBS were trouble, we all agree on that.

But remember these are OTC Derivatives, much different than equity markets, I know you already know that. I wasn't specifically meaning you either in the last post btw

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
We are obviously NOT in any growth status, nor will we ever be in ones like we were in the past leading to this time

Now thats not really likely...during the great depression,

Stop right there,
That being said means the conditions and resources and all other recovery factors would have to be a duplicate or somewhat close to those of that time.
It was a one time scenario, and it also then seeks the continued involvement in the IMF the FED and everything else that controlled the demise and subsequent rise to power that America incurred post WW2.
I'm not willing or wanting, to review that entire cycle again, just to end up with THIS all over again for my grandchildren.
We can do it on our own without corporations, we GIVE them power and we can also TAKE it away.
And know that I'm not being argumentative just firm in my belief and its practice.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We're talking unemployment crisis.
Destroy and kill and rebuild.
Increase births, generate consumers.
Thats the great depression model.
Repeat as needed.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Here's my solution:

1-ILLEGAL aliens out. (Come through the front door and be welcomed.)

2- Welfare recipients (not unemployed) will work for the city, state that they collect from, doing odd jobs. ie: picking up trash, cleaning up neighborhoods, weed whacking.....whatever would lesson the burden on taxes and the people.

3- Prisoners will pay for room & board or create something useful (license plates, city signs.....) to lesson the burden on taxes and the people.

4- All politicians will abide by any law they pass. (They are part of the people not above the people) ie: health care. and also term limits for all political offices.

5- End the Fed. give the power back to states, and the printing presses to the Treasury.

6- No tax payer bail-out for anyone for any reason.

I can go on but i'm gettin sick.

FEMA already has a plan.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

error at you tube missing url title WORKING NOW thanks

[edit on 6-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Quite simple actually, get John Titor to start working on a time machine that seats 5 billion, and have him come back and take us all back to 1776, schedule a meeting with the boy's (Franklin,Washington,Jefferson) and we start over, when we get back to 2000 we avoid the coming crisis.... Oh wait, oop's, guess when we show up in 1776 with 5 billion, we would scare the crap out of the founding father's and we'd be right back where we started.... Well, it seemed like a good idea....i'll let ya get back to what you were discussing...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Here's my solution:

1-ILLEGAL aliens out. (Come through the front door and be welcomed.)

2- Welfare recipients (not unemployed) will work for the city, state that they collect from, doing odd jobs. ie: picking up trash, cleaning up neighborhoods, weed whacking.....whatever would lesson the burden on taxes and the people.

3- Prisoners will pay for room & board or create something useful (license plates, city signs.....) to lesson the burden on taxes and the people.

4- All politicians will abide by any law they pass. (They are part of the people not above the people) ie: health care. and also term limits for all political offices.

5- End the Fed. give the power back to states, and the printing presses to the Treasury.

6- No tax payer bail-out for anyone for any reason.

I can go on but i'm gettin sick.

FEMA already has a plan.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Hedera Helix]

Hedera,

Care to explain how you get FEMA camps out of anything I wrote in that post??? Considering your new 2-5-2010 I'll just eave it alone.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join