How would you solve the unemployment crisis?

page: 2
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Easy Peasy SaturnFX

Legalize hemp and begin cultivating it in large ammounts and create a whole new American industry.

The jobs which would be created would be ridiculous.

Manufacturing
Farming
Oil Industry
Health Food Industry
Textile Industry

The list goes on and on.

~Keeper



.....

Actually, the god honest truth is that marijuana and prostitution was legalized, taxed, and regulated, then it would have a dramatic economic and unemployment impact on the country...would cut down significantly on crime, create cleaner environments for the oldest known profession that wont be going away, and would allow for a massive influx of secondary businesses. would it eliminate the debt and unemployment? no...but it would cause a serious dent in it fairly rapidly.

But...this is one of those bite you in the arse issues...the fed gov would rather explode than go back on a nixon era rash decision.




posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
America needs to get back to her roots. Mine it, grow it, or build it. I use those words figuratively of course. I don't want to see mining companies go and start opening up strip mines all over the country and creating environmental disasters. My point is we have financialized our economy so much to the point that we cannot even fend for ourselves when times are hard. We need to bring back community farms. I would start with agriculture. Look at detroit. Let's turn those huge empty warehouses into blossoming organic farms. Put all those people out of work into farming. At least peope would be able to grow their own food instead of having to buy it from a corporation.

We need jobs and we need to add value to the economy. We need to trend away from consumerism and get back to industry and innovation. And for all this to happen we have to have some sort of redistribution of wealth in America. There is just too much wealth in too few of hands. Also there is too much land and resources being controlled by too few people. How we go about redistributing that wealth is the argument. It used to be the free market that was responsible for redistributing it. But we don't have a free market anymore..we have state corporatism.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Easy Peasy SaturnFX

Legalize hemp and begin cultivating it in large ammounts and create a whole new American industry.

The jobs which would be created would be ridiculous.

Manufacturing
Farming
Oil Industry
Health Food Industry
Textile Industry

The list goes on and on.

~Keeper



.....

Actually, the god honest truth is that marijuana and prostitution was legalized, taxed, and regulated, then it would have a dramatic economic and unemployment impact on the country...would cut down significantly on crime, create cleaner environments for the oldest known profession that wont be going away, and would allow for a massive influx of secondary businesses. would it eliminate the debt and unemployment? no...but it would cause a serious dent in it fairly rapidly.

But...this is one of those bite you in the arse issues...the fed gov would rather explode than go back on a nixon era rash decision.


I was just talking about hemp lol

But the taxation of Marijuana would bring it Billions a year.

Isn't it funny how these simpletons can't wrap their heads around such a wonderful idea?

And I am for the legalization of prostitution as well. Let these women have some form of self respect.

~Keeper



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy
 


You are on the right track.

We need true capitalism no too big to fail, no bailouts, no feeling sorry for anyone. Let the market sort it all out and then the most efficient will remain in the end.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There is no immediate sollution, but I think the best bet the USA has would be to declare economic war on China. Completely stop imports and exports (and the imports from China far excede the exports).

We could eliminate our debt to them and also bring back manufacturing jobs to to the US in one fell swoop. Heck, then we could even start shipping the newly manufactured goods to other countries, if we could compete with Chinese prices / quality (which is doubtful).

At least it would give us jobs here at home.




Another possibility which is a horrible idea would be to kill off 10 percent of the population.. It would open up tons of jobs for advancement and initial jobs...



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth
 


Population reduction from a "natural disaster" like letting the hoover dam explode and a convenient earthquake in California - interesting thought



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
perhaps flagging this thread may cause everyone to get jobs? I am pretty sure for every flag you give, someone somewhere gets a job at mcdonalds!


just sayin...



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Minimum wage has to go let the market decide

Welfare cut 10% first year and 5% in each of the next 4

That should turn things around in about 4-5 years



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I was just talking about hemp lol


No need to aim low...the effects of marijuana has been studied long enough to know exactly what it does, how it effects human biology and psychology, and there is no reason (no more than alcohol) to keep it illegal. Open it up for adult consumption in controlled environments and voila...with that legalization, the legit reasons also become plentiful, from rope, paper, clothes, etc etc etc...

But lets get real...the big tax and job payday is from the narcotic itself.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Minimum wage has to go let the market decide

Welfare cut 10% first year and 5% in each of the next 4

That should turn things around in about 4-5 years


turn things around...sure...so long as your talking about a 360. no minimum wage? whoot...

hey, you want a job, I pay 3 bucks an hour...and you look starving. got a issue with that, I will let you go and get someone else...good luck with welfare...oops, nevermind, no welfare...seems your trapped.


I know I would hire people for scratch if it was an option (was project manager for years, always looking for ways to cut costs...sorta my job)...and yes, there may have been a project or two where english was not the primary language...but stopped that because it freaked me out a bit too much if things went wrong.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Institute a draft and start a full out ground war with China.

The unemployment problem is solved, manufacturing would be reborn and there would be a job for a whole lot of people.

Admittedly, I would only be replacing one major crisis with another but people would be working. Since I am the leader, I don't have to worry about fighting since leaders don't do that any more.

Might not be what you were looking for but unemployment would be solved.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
There is no immediate sollution, but I think the best bet the USA has would be to declare economic war on China. Completely stop imports and exports (and the imports from China far excede the exports).

We could eliminate our debt to them and also bring back manufacturing jobs to to the US in one fell swoop. Heck, then we could even start shipping the newly manufactured goods to other countries, if we could compete with Chinese prices / quality (which is doubtful).

At least it would give us jobs here at home.

Another possibility which is a horrible idea would be to kill off 10 percent of the population.. It would open up tons of jobs for advancement and initial jobs...


You are on the right track. Here is the problem; people are hurting for cash so they are buying the cheap imports.
We stepped over the threshold when all the big businesses discovered cheap overseas labor.

We must seek American made equivalents of products. This can create a demand.

Maybe we need to utilize services like this.
www.buyamerican.com...

Here is a wild idea for you.
How about you receive $5,000 credits of a US backed currency that can only buy US goods in 2010?



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I was just talking about hemp lol


No need to aim low...the effects of marijuana has been studied long enough to know exactly what it does, how it effects human biology and psychology, and there is no reason (no more than alcohol) to keep it illegal. Open it up for adult consumption in controlled environments and voila...with that legalization, the legit reasons also become plentiful, from rope, paper, clothes, etc etc etc...

But lets get real...the big tax and job payday is from the narcotic itself.


I certainly agree Sir!

My husband is a pediatrician and undergoing chemo and you can bet the first thing he did was give a big middle finger to the pharmaceutical companies and got a wonderful prescription from his doctor.

~Keeper



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
perhaps flagging this thread may cause everyone to get jobs? I am pretty sure for every flag you give, someone somewhere gets a job at mcdonalds!

just sayin...


I sent up a flag for ya. I would really like to see a post such as this really work for once.
Simply # or bullet point your input and don't try to bash anyone else's ideas.
I sorta feel good that I flagged a job down for someone.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth
 


That's the whole problem...........no one in America and rightly so is going to work for pennies a day. I mean how the hell do you expect anyone to compete with China when they have millions upon millions of people working for pennies a day? Some of you are clueless.

You want to get rid of the problems in America you get rid of the speculation that is WallStreet. Look at GreenBicMan. He's some young 20 something year old that thinks the stock market is going to solve the worlds problems when it's the exact opposite......it's caused much of the worlds problems. He doesn't actually produce anything, he doesn't work, and adds nothing of value to the economy. All he talks about his making money off the backs of other people. And that's the entire problem with our economy. It's been financialized to the point that the only way to build wealth is to take it from other people. Which is basically what the stock market does. The stock market is not a free market like GreenBicMan wants us all to believe. He's a young ideologue who has no clue that thinks WallStreet is going to turn him into a millionaire without having to actually work in his life. I see lots of people like him these days.

The stock market was never meant as a means of super wealth making us all millionaires. It was a way to invest in our retirement and invest in the hardwork and economic capacity of our country. It's been rigged and completely abused to make people rich...........it's turned into a casino. the house always wins meaning the government and the corporation. The stockholders are just gamblers hoping to hit the jack pot by the time they retire. And just like a casino the more money you have the more potential you can make..........that's why the rich get richer.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Addressing the progression of the markets and their sustainability would be a realistic place to start for me.
We are obviously NOT in any growth status, nor will we ever be in ones like we were in the past leading to this time.
The elimination and replacement of local business' with the giant chains and box stores along with the mega farms consolidation through deregulation of local tv and radio and (fill in the blank here) drove everything to an enormous group controlled by a few corporations and in some cases even run by the same individuals.
We need to revert. Do address that we are on the backside of this corporate model that has reached its life expectency and is in its death throws. To deny that this condition does exist and to continue to embrace it and continually keep slapping the paddles on its chest and staving off its pending death means we are delusional.
Return to the local. Local grown, local generated, local manufacture, local distribution, local sales. The global community is unsustainable.Relying on the small percentages to maintain the large percentages is setting ourselves up for failure. It removes and limits personal involvement and control, while only offering enslavement to a system designed to become extinct.
Just my 2 pennies.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy
 


Your views are twisted.

Equity markets are a great thing, they have hurt no one. You are grouping that in with other things that have taken this country down. This is not the stock markets fault.



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan
 


LMAO! Thanks for proving my point time and time again!



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would either focus on farming..

Or defense production..

Prob. cut all trade to china,
and FORCE, manufacturing within the country..

if we were dependant on our own survival everyone would have a job..

without any trade help...


just saying on a saturday night.

Need to focus on us, without stock markets, and just the simplicity of what one man or woman can provide for a fellow citizen....


maybe that idea is just to pure with a ravished land full of lawer...



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy
 


Prove this is the stock markets fault?

It wasn't, sorry brother.





top topics
 
15
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join