It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Immortality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is why I love ATS, never a dull moment. For the record this thread made me LOL.

I think someone has been watching too much Harry Potter or the new Twilight thing. Of course back in the day you had the occasional person that played D&D that had the same idea. Do people still play D&D? What a fun game that used to be.

You do have an immortal soul though. But this is coming from just a mere mortal so I might not be good enough to answer.

Raist

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
You do have an immortal soul though. But this is coming from just a mere mortal so I might not be good enough to answer.

I love how after mocking the entire thread so arrogantly, you throw this out there.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous
I too would take immortality if it were offered to me. Right now I think the closest we can get to it is cryogenic stasis which at the moment we cannot be taken out of without dying, and if you're just going to be asleep for your immortality whats the point? You might wake up in a star trek future one day but you'll still just be joe average.

It has been offered to you...

"Jesus said unto her (Martha), I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

It really is that easy!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I also seek immortality. I have a long way to go. I'm 1/100th there. The immortal skills I have so far are psychokinesis, mind-body control, sensing people's energies, and predicting people's behavior. I get these abilities on my own with the help of the Existence. If you are true to your words, then the Existence will show you the way. But if you are a fraud or jackass then the Existence will not show you. It's not up to me to tell you how to get there. It is up to YOU!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
K you don't give a crap about what I believe and I don't give a shinney glazed shizzle what you want.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
"Jesus said unto her (Martha), I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

It really is that easy!

I think he meant physical immortality.

Not immortality in fairy land after he dies.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It has been offered to you...

It really is that easy!

the bible has been altered and misinterpreted for centuries. genuine seekers of truth should study eastern teachings for a proper understanding of it.

its not jesus the man that will save you but the christ consciousness that was his real being.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i too quest for immortality in this flesh there are several ways to do it

1. the immortal jellyfish get that dna in you
2.clone yourself then do a brain transplant
3.drink blood or get bit by vampire
4.make a deal with an alien
5.connect brain to computer

the list could go on but you get the point

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are right it should have said mere human.

I guess I failed because I am not more than a mere human.

As for mocking the thread well I was not mocking the whole thread. But if you feel insulted I will say sorry.

It is funny you should mention arrogance though. The posts by the OP are full of that. Thanks for pointing mine out though

I do wish him well on his “trip” to immortality and achieving his marvelous goals.

Raist

[edit on 2/6/10 by Raist]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

There are major flaws in your theory. Here is why i would largely prefer to extent my lifespan than bet everything on the hypothetical reincarnation:
-you don't know how it works and if we even have any freewill after death
-suppose reincarnation happens, can you choose where you will fall on earth (or elsewhere who knows)? If not, then there could be high probablity to be born at the wrong place.
-you could have an accident or a genetic disease. Being again a child without any knowledge and memory, you would be vulnerable.
-how long would it take to regain your memories of past life? Think about this: i reincarnate without memory, so i will do the same errors again, conditionning, brainwashing, and will have another personality and goals, what if i remember one day but am not interested anymore in my previous goals? Or rejecting that reality?
-and what if the world ends while reincarnating? i would loose all
chances.
Thats why i cant place my hopes on this. I think you understand.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by _damon]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
Because i need more than one life to fulfil my goals and i just can't take the risk to blindly believe in reincarnation.
[edit on 3-2-2010 by _damon]

As the doctor once said "Some people can do more in 20 years than others can do in 80"

which means, if you are meant to accomplish your goals, and you put your mind to it, you will complete any goal you set for yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wouldn't entrust my body and life to anyone, especially some experimental technology. It is really too risky.

Im not "wishing" or believing, im invistigating. I think there is a possibility that Immortality or longer lifespan is possible. There is no a simple known case, which doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Why would an Immortal reveal himself to the world? He wouldnt benefit in any way from it. Why do i think someone here could have any info? Im trying. My expectations are not high but i have nothing to loose. Plus from what i read, the results are positive.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"Jesus said
[...]
he that believeth in me
[...]

It really is that easy!

If we say 'Jesus' is a typographic error of "Je suis" (in french), then is only gets easier to believe in 'I am' or oneself.

Only true belief, pure belief, one can have is one's own existence of being alive.

When you find belief in being alive... nobody... nothing... there isn't anybody that can take that away from you.

Originally posted by bsbray11
Not immortality in fairy land after he dies.

I'm mean NOW. TODAY. YESTERDAY. TOMORROW. There is no 'after death'.

Time is meaningless in immortality.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Our beliefs differ. You don't understand why i would like to stay in physical world? I can't get why you think so much reincarnation is real and that it is so simple you can explain it and imagine it with a limited mind (not personal attack i mean something like a non awakened, non initiate, to avoid any more misunderstandings...). You don't have any proof of a reincarnation reality and you don't know if all can reincarnate. What if you need something to be able to survive after death? Like a strong willpower? What if the true bliss is to live in the physical world? There are so much possibilities, you cant just ignore the ones you dislike...

Now why would i like to stay in this world? Because i like it the way it is. You don't know anything about the Universe and still you call this world "small reality"? There is so much to do in this world you can't imagine. Even more if it is infinite. This world is my first, and i will survive the longest possible. And if it is not enough as a reason, i have goals that could need millenniums to be accomplished.

See that post too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Where did you get that belief and how do you know it is the real thing and not another speculation?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I think there is a possibility that Immortality or longer lifespan is possible.

ALL is possible. When you understand this, there is no "right", no "wrong", no "true", no "false"... for every possiblity there is -- one way -- there is another, possibilities, for it to exist another way. This is what it means: all is possible.

There is no a simple known case, which doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Keep that logic principle at hand and you'll remain more conscious than most scientist and religious people that roam the Earth today. You, obviously, are not a sleeper.

Why would an Immortal reveal himself to the world?

Think of what would one do with absolute power. Most quickly say that leads to absolute corruption, yet the truth is that it is only corruption in their minds that can't see the absolute power leads to absolute boredom.

What kind of surprise would it be for a child to hand a present to a parent that new exactly what is inside the present because the parent has absolute power. Knowledge is power, and this knowledge is absolute boredom. The child will feel as if a failure unable to surprise their absolute powerful parent. What parent wants a child as a failure? You understand this dilemma? It's just in example of a thought process to consider.

Drama. Someone who is has absolute power and immortality would want the things that maybe the child could surprise them with... an ordinary mortal life.

He wouldnt benefit in any way from it.

Everybody else would, yet don't be so quick to consider it a sacrifice. I'd consider it a taste of being felt alive from once where it felt infinitely dead... yet immortally dead.

Why do i think someone here could have any info?

Because there are those of us that actually belief without a doubt how alive we are. And, know how not alive others are not... sadly. Very sadly.

Im trying. My expectations are not high but i have nothing to loose. Plus from what i read, the results are positive.

...wisdom of the crowds

[edit on 6-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do you mean possession of another body? Or the reincarnation theory? If the second choice, see that post and tell me what you think about my points.

If you mean real possession of another body, then how would you do such a thing?

I believe our body is not only a tool but a container that is needed for our soul to survive. Without that body, our soul die and melt in the surrounding energy. The brain would be the link between the flesh and the soul. Thats why i think psychedelics bring so much amazing and unbelievable results: it destroys or momentarily stop the limits imposed by the brain on the mind. I can't say what i believe is true but i tend to give priority to the worst hypothesis so i will be more careful and less "surprised" whenever i die. Im sure of one thing though: whatever we can imagine about the after death, we will never get to the truth until we die and see for ourself (or not).

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

thanks for the video, i have long admired iyengar who appears to be made of rubber. his book on hatha yoga is well illustrated with 600 photos.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by arbiture

As i previously said (p11), the physical world rules dont apply on our soul and mind. The body is a tool that allow our consciousness to survive, like an astronaut survive in his space suit

But to believe that we are immortal, permanent, that is an old dream that a lot of fools still believe. I know i can say what i want, dumbness cannot be changed, eventually, people will see for themselves once they die. Well not really because like i said, the most wont even understand whats going on when they leave their body, the shock could be so strong for some that they would instantly cease to exist, their "remaining bodies" would melt with the surrounding flows of energy. This is the limit of the science, believe it or not, you so called scientists go straight to a dead end.

Yes this is why I so love ATS. The bolding is my own, other than that the quote is the OPs in another thread. So if fools still believe in immortality why is the OP looking for it?

reply to post by rapunzel222

That is rubbish. Love is a human creation, another word for attachment, passion, flesh. I cant understand how you all think so badly love, that only human kind can feel (and that is different for almost every single human), would be a superior feeling that would exist everywhere in the universe and more, would be the reason of life. Thats [snip] up. Believing such [snip] show only you cant think of what you really are, weak biological beings lost in the infinite.

More fun stuff. If others are so weak you would think the emotions in the post would be better contained. Sort of loses meaning when you think about weak beings being immortal.

reply to post by spellbound

"like it or not" Indigo, crystall, gold, silver, diamond children and so on
. These are BS from sick minds. People that cannot accept to be like the others, to be alone so they think to be "god's favorite" and call themselves indigos. It is not that we like it or not, imo, it is a madness like religions, an auto brainwashing. You know and im sure you do, you can believe what you want, it wont make it exist. Enjoy your illusion life

I find the OP to be a bit confusing. I am not sure what the OP truly wants after reading other posts.

Raist

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Thanks for your reply, you offered me some more clues and i really appreciate.

to continue existence in your current body, and i have toyed with the idea myself, head for and stay in india as long as your circumstances permit. wander around india and play it by ear. visit holy places, mix with sadhus and try and pick up where the most advanced yogis are hanging out. they might be in a suburb of mumbai or out in the "sticks". it will be like a detective game.

That is an idea even though i can't do it for now. I heard of these distant temples where monks can do amazing things and meditate often. Shaolin in China or monasteries in Tibet. Maybe in few years i will have the chance to go there. Could you provide me with some Master names? Pertinent books? Maybe is there a way to contact them on internet? How do they live?

knowledge of "life extension" is very rare and hard to come by, but it does exist in india. it has been there for centuries. someone skilled in the art must take you through, it takes 3 months. there are special herbs involved but these are an adjunct only. the practitioner cannot take him/herself through. your hair and teeth will fall out but at the end of it you will have a 25 y.o. body, a new life force and you will then age like before. then you can repeat the process. the life current is like a battery, perhaps a rechargeable one or maybe a new one is slipped in the case, i'm not sure. (i often wonder if its a measurable force like some ultra high frequency current, or whether its of a subtle nature which does not respond to our physical instruments). it does pulsate/flow between the planet and the cosmos/sun. it flows between the sacrum and the top of the skull where that whorl of hair sits. you can slow down the ageing process by doing inverted postures as in the headstand, or half/shoulder stand if total inversion is not possible due to current age of present body/whatever. serious practitioners of hatha yoga will appear 50 at the age of 90. yoga culture goes back 6000 years and these guys really know what goes on in and around the body at different dimensional levels. known to them are the anatomies of the astral body and causal body. they have had a long time to perfect their arts. they know and can see the effects of certain positions of the body on subtle nerve centers. they see the subtle body with their pineal gland/third eye. and for the religous;= "if therefore thine eye be single, your body shall be full of light". thats in the new testament somewhere.

The mixture of herbs alone is not enough or not efficient? What exactly do we do during these 3 months? Is there a book you would recommend me about this? What kind of yoga is the most efficient? Because there are a bunch of them. And a lot are fake version copied and changed by the Westerners.

babaji, who is wonderfully described in yogananda's "autobiography of a yogi", and taught his teachers teacher, claimed to be alive 2000 years ago. he mentions his current life force being all but used up and drew a few close friends to his side as he prepared to renew the force. it appears he was quite advanced and did not need 3 months to prepare.

Amazing, never heard of him. When the force is renewed, does the body become young again? Or does it keep its old shape? What about the diseases and weaknesses of the body?

another old book (published 1936) i have relates the story of a 90 year old who was offered the process but declined saying he did not want to extend the life of the ego. his companion pointed out that he could continue his "tapas" yoga without the uncertancies of rebirth. so he accepted, rejuvenated, aged, did it again and died about 243 years old.

Do you know by any chances the name of that man and the book title? I'm really interested and everything that can help me is gladly accepted. So he lived 243 years by doing that tapas yoga only? What about the diet of these centenarians? What do they eat and if they don't eat and drink, how is that even possible without loosing your senses and your mobility (wouldnt the bones become weak without calcium?)?

for me it would be a novelty to extend a few times but i expect it would become boring eventually

Why do you think that? What about the infinite Universe surrounding us and its unlimited possibilities?

we all have to realize that we are the most blessed omnipotent omniscient omnipotent ever glorious soul.

Some modesty
. But i know what you mean, mind overcomes matter. We aren't the only creatures to benefit such bliss in the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join