It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Immortality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm looking for informations about Immortality and the real Immortals. This thread is not an "opinion thread", no, i dont give a crap about what you believe, i want to talk and share informations with Immortals or people that know where i could find one or a way to get Immortality. Why do i want such a thing? Because i need more than one life to fulfil my goals and i just can't take the risk to blindly believe in reincarnation.

To the possible Immortals, wise people or people with a worthy knowledge in that domain, but that would ,for some understanble reasons, keep silent or hesitate to answer (u2u is fine), know this: i'm not playing around and don't want to waste my time, i am done to walk in the unknown and am not afraid of the infinite. I don't fear death, i fear the powerlessness of the after death. Immortality is not something to escape some fears but on the contrary to fight back harder. I'm sincere if you doubt, you should consider the fact that im on your side and could be useful as Immortal. Any consistent informations are welcome.

Edit: i read one day "being immortal to continue to do human stuffs, its kinda lame" it's true. I don't want to become Immortal and repeat the same errors again and do the same wortless things again. It would be pointless. I seek mind evolution, adventure and survival, probably the real reasons to live.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by _damon]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
we humans do more harm than right to ourselves to even get close to that type of status.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Do not take me for some mere human. I don't say i'm special, just i think beyond normal. I can bear Immortality because.. i'm not afraid of the change. I just dont fear what normal humans do. Immortality wouldn't be a problem because i could handle it. Now as i said, don't come to lecture me. Im looking for real informations not trolls.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i'm not trolling but merely stating the truth.
and im not here to stop you either.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You and me both want immortality.

I read a book years ago called the "secret on ararat" and it talked about something called potassium 45 or something which basically is a theory on why people of old lived to hundreds of years.

Im my mind the only way I'll ever reach something like immortality is to completely balance my body, mind, emotions, spiritual being and create the perfect unison between them all which would require me to give up many things like modified foods that alter my mind, health and body. It would require me to learn to access any available psychic abilities so that my mind is used to its full potential for balance with my body.

Another interesting read about the mind and how to control or teach it is "the brain course" and if you have a hard time believing in psychic abilities "the skeptics journey" helped me immensely as it's backed by scientific studies like hemi-sync and othe related topics all under close study.

The reason you would have to learn all the mind stuff is because without being able to physically control yourself with your mind alone, your body would eventually be subject to deterioration regardless of how you treated it because of natural laws such as entropy and the like. Realistically you could only live on earth for so long and would have to transcend to another status physically and neurologically, which is what many think Christ did.

That's not just my opinion....

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
here, read about this:
en.wikipedia.org...

the man who supposively lived up to 256 years of age.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This isn't trollish but I am sorry to tell you that you won't be getting it. It simply isn't possible. I just don't know how you expect anyone to give you an answer that will actually work

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah read the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk. That will tell you how to be immortal. I got up to about chapter 10 -- in terms of practice.

reply to post by _damon

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You would also need to gain full access to your cells and be able to manipulate your body via your mind. I imagine it would be necessary to have complete control over your emotions as well which would fall into the mind/body balance bracket.

Until you can conquer every addiction, problem, issue, mental belief, tradition, and point of view you have and balance your perspective just perfectly to remain neutral but be positive and confident and still know the difference between all of that, this could prove to be a rather difficult challenge. It is for most people anyway. Most fall victim to their emotions or logic and fail to keep a constant balance between the two.

In essence until you have total control over you and every aspect that makes you you, such as cell structure, genetic traits and DNA manipulation, it's gonna be a tough ride.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Very valid point. It's gonna be a challenge for a mortal to explain to another how to be immortal since we don't know how to live forever. It's like me trying to explain rocket science to someone in elementary.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Immortality awaits...

Though the key word in there is waits...they have a few things to iron out (crystallization of cells for one), but it will happen IMO.

I don't fear death, i fear the powerlessness of the after death.

Denial ain't just a river, huh..?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Depends how you define "we" -- if you mean Western science then yes -- but China and India have had civilization twice as long as ours and so they know the secret of alchemy -- it actually comes from Ethiopia and went into Egypt from there but originally it was the Bushmen culture, which is 90% of human history.

reply to post by Crossfate

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

waiting never works.
someone could slip on an ice cube and you kno the rest of the story.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Rassilon from Gallifrey had this to say about the kind of immortality you seek

"To lose is to win, and he who wins shall lose"

Doctor Who, the Five Doctors.

If any of you have seen that, the OP strikes me as one akin to Lord President Borusa.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
imminst.org everything ever though of about immortality. maybe you could find something there. Dr Aubrey De Gray is a leading expert in the field. i suggest reading his works.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow the arogance. No mere human.

I'm glad there are people like you !

As you obviously could have expected people will give their opinion when they read this.

I will not.
Just a question, if you don't mind. of course ?

I really feel what makes you want to be immortal. As i would not think twice presented with the choice of immortality.

However immotal is a very long time and there is reason to doubt if this would be a good choice.

Maybe you are willing to share with us. What your goals are and why you are not just a mere human ?
This is an absolute interesting way, to be confronted with the intelligence of a mind like yours. It would be an honor.

Please ? Share.
Maybe us mortals are even able to help you a little forward in your quest.

Good luck !

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Imagine when everyone you have ever known is dead. The Earth is dead. The Sun is dead. And 10 billion years later ....... do you really think you'd want to be immortal

Look back on your life so far and imagine if in all that time had never, ever, met a human. Multiply that by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

Still wannabe immortal?

Be nice to know when we're going to die. But immortal? There's a reason we don' hear from God these days .....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

An intersting point of view. I don't know if i can become Immortal by balancing my mind and body in symbiosis but it would probably be needed. Without getting control over yourself and your impulses, it would be hard to control yourself and keep a clear state of mind when getting Immortality. That's why i think it is a must to control oneself and think beyond lies, false beliefs and brainwashing. To stop your body from aging with your psychic abilities alone seem improbable. Why because wouldn't it be a constant stress? You would be constantly aware of your control on your cells. When i think about Immortality, i "believe" it must be something that would create mutations within my body. Because i don't see myself being dependant of some rare food or nutrient to live longer. What i seek is a constant and inalienable Immortality. Maybe there is a price? I don't consider the deconditionning work as a price but as a bliss.

This isn't trollish but I am sorry to tell you that you won't be getting it. It simply isn't possible. I just don't know how you expect anyone to give you an answer that will actually work

It is not possible in your current mind, that is for sure. But in no way that means it is really impossible. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

You would also need to gain full access to your cells and be able to manipulate your body via your mind. I imagine it would be necessary to have complete control over your emotions as well which would fall into the mind/body balance bracket. Until you can conquer every addiction, problem, issue, mental belief, tradition, and point of view you have and balance your perspective just perfectly to remain neutral but be positive and confident and still know the difference between all of that, this could prove to be a rather difficult challenge. It is for most people anyway. Most fall victim to their emotions or logic and fail to keep a constant balance between the two. In essence until you have total control over you and every aspect that makes you you, such as cell structure, genetic traits and DNA manipulation, it's gonna be a tough ride.

Easy to say but how would you gain full access to your cells and DNA?

I agree with the control of yourself. I call it deconditionning and it is a hard work. Hard to go beyond all these bad habits you made.

Immortality is not the goal. It is part of the way. If there is no way to get it because too hard, impossible or limited i won't loose hope. But if there is the slightest chance it can be achieved i will take it for sure.

Thanks for the links and books. I will take a look to everything worthy.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

By mere human, i meant "ignorant living in lies and illusions". I don't think of myself as being superior to others (like some do on ats). Sorry for the misunderstanding. But to seek something such Immortality, you need a certain level of mind. If you can't be enough open minded for example, you can't imagine that impossible things are not so impossible for some people that think beyond normal. I don't mean to be naive.

reply to post by Essan

Well before thinking about the distant future, lets focus on the present shall we?

EDIT: i add (in the first post too), i read one day "beingimmortal to continue to do human stuffs, its kinda lame" its true. I don't want to become Immortal and repeat the same errors again and do the same wortless things again. It would be pointless. I seek mind evolution, adventure and survival, probably the real reasons to live.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by _damon]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Ok here is the recipe: one left leg of a frog, 2 spiders, cow poo, just little ignorance....oh sorry that last you have very much, you have to improve that one first.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join