It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing UFO Evidence Thread.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Another one to add to the list.... The loss of William Schaffner flying a English Electric Lightning over the Wash in 1970. Contrary to what you might have read in the press that case is nothing like as *easily explained* as they would have you believe. The aircraft itself was shipped back to the USA> Yes, the US government flew an aircraft belonging to another sovereign military power back to their facility for further research where it has lain buried for some 40 years.

The actual full details of the crash investigation are not available and according to extremely well placed aviation journalist, are never likely to be released Furthermore the *tape* pf the incident with was claimed to be a fake. Isn't just a simple fake and remember fake strictly can mean a copy, rather it was a fake concocted by air force personnel for unknown reasons. Apparently the tape contains details that could only have been mimicked correctly by someone with a full working knowledge of Radar and ground to air operational procedures in 1970.

Plus the military have still to explain as to why. Schaffner was scrambled in another country's aircraft by order of the American military, not ordered into the air by the British on some made up training exercise. See the original investigator on the case was a RAF military policeman who was in charge of security on nuclear weapon carrying bases. He makes it plain that those patrols were always made with 3 aircraft, never a lone plane.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Another one to add to the list.... The loss of William Schaffner flying a English Electric Lightning over the Wash in 1970. Contrary to what you might have read in the press that case is nothing like as *easily explained* as they would have you believe..

Hey my friend, thanks for the input and Zelong made a great post here about that incident involving some extra eyewitness testimony - it states in a BBC article linked on the thread that the pilot transcript was hoaxed so it's nice to have some further information on the case, especialy regarding the possibility of two extra aircraft.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Australia's UFO files lost..

Australia's UFO files mysteriously disappear

The department of defence has been unable to find a host of records relating to UFO sightings that were collected over several decades.

The disappearance of the documents came to light when the military received a freedom of information (FOI) request from the Sydney Morning Herald Newspaper asking for any documents that mentioned sightings of UFOs or “extraterrestrial organisms” in Australia.

The request came after the British government released a dossier of thousands of documents relating to unidentified flying objects.

However, after two months of searching the relevant archives, the department said that the documents could not be found..

link

..then found by Keith Basterfield.

Australian UFO files "lost"

I have just been looking at various blogs and news sources on the net which have carried the story about the "missing" Australian Department of Defence UFO files.

Unfortunately, most accounts base themselves on the original Sydney Morning Herald newspaper's story. It would seem that almost no one thought to contact credible Australian UFO researchers to find out if the story's main theme, that the DOD's files had been "lost," was in fact true!

A check with people here, would have found that the truth was that many DOD UFO files are safely held by the Australian Government Archives, and that anyone can digitally read them by going to the NAA wesbite at www.naa.gov.au... clicking on Recordsearch and typing in the key words "flying saucers."

The Australian UFO Research Association, of which I am a member, has a list of all the 150 or so Australian Government UFO files (many DOD files) which it located during the five year search for such files. The findings of the project may be seen at disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org...

If any reader would like a copy of this list, then simply send me an email at [email protected] and I will happily forward you a copy.

link

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I still wonder what happened to Internos ,I don't see this great mind here anymore?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I still wonder what happened to Internos ,I don't see this great mind here anymore?

Hey Observer1, you're certainly right about Internos and the great input he produced - he stated on this thread that it was to be his last post on ATS and I'm sure a lot of folks would agree he's sorely missed around these boards.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
more evidence in the pile of non-evidence....

Retired Fighter Controller recalls night RAF scrambled to intercept UFO
In 2001 Freddie Wimbledon, a retired RAF Fighter Controller, publicly described his role in a famous UFO incident involving the USAF base at RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk, in August 1956. In an account published by the RAF Radar Museum newsletter, Wimbledon said he was on duty at RAF Neatishead in Norfolk when the USAF reported a UFO on their airfield radars at Lakenheath. He recalled “this activity was clearly seen on Neatishead‟s radar” and by observers on the ground at Lakenheath. The RAF scrambled a Venom interceptor, controlled by Wimbledon‟s radars. He wrote: “It was vectored towards the object and the Venom pilot called „Contact‟ followed in a short while by „Judy‟ (which meant that the Radar/Navigator had the target on his airborne radar)…but then he called, „Lost contact, More help‟…he was then told that his target was now behind him, and it remained glued in that position, following the Venom‟s every move. A second Venom was scrambled but it never got within 20 miles before the target sped off…climbing at terrific speed.” (DEFE 24/2031/1, p154-55) Wimbledon said all personnel involved in the incident were quizzed by HQ Fighter Command who stressed “absolute secrecy”. He wrote that when details of the incident were publicly revealed by the USAF in 1969, the MoD said records of the incident had been “accidentally destroyed.” The incident is also mentioned by retired MoD official Ralph Noyes who, in a letter to MoD in 1986, said he had been shown gun camera film of UFOs taken by RAF Venom aircrew at a secret screening in MoD Main Building in 1970 (DEFE 31/184/1, p.257-59). In 2001 MoD said an archive search had confirmed all records of this incident had been lost or destroyed (DEFE 24/2031/1, p164-65).

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Great post by Xtraeme regarding potential missing UFO evidence:

Document Shredding by the FAA Destroys Valuable UFO History

link

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50b0b33f0dc9.jpg[/atsimg]
I'll limit this report to the part strictly related to the missing evidences:
(and humbly soggest to all those interested to visit the thread).

Holy s*** that looks genuine and I've worked with similar to Photoshop software when saying this

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
more evidence in the pile of non-evidence....

Certainly seem to be accumulating quite a lot now buddy, here's another file that's turned uo thanks to the research of Keith Bakersfield:

"Destroyed" Frederick Valentich file turns up

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Why not just make copies?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phrankie79
Why not just make copies?

Phrankie79, thanks for the reply - copies of what?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Confiscated photographs in the Peru DC-4 UFO case from 1967:

This is the only surviving photo of the funnel-shaped flying object that paced the Fawcett Airlines DC-4 passenger liner in flight from Piura to Lima on February 2, 1967, at 06:30 P.M. The passengers were all held for interrogation by authorities after the plane landed.

Several of the passengers had taken photos of the strange craft alongside the airliner, but all cameras were taken and all film was confiscated..

Giant UFO terrorised passengers on DC4

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What about Project Twinkle? Okay, the original film was probably incinerated years ago. But a private group with some money to spend could redo it, this time with high-res video and Internet connection in addition to connection to those in charge of controlling orientation and zooming, by setting up in three locations in New Mexico and basically training the theodolites on the skies over Los Alamos, etc. to solidly nail down the fact that something is going on, without addressing its origin. Sure, some people in the area watch the skies with camcorders at the ready, but it's not the same. Footage from three theodolites could provide solid data for proper analysis.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Xpoq47, good point there I could certainly nominate a few hotspots to try it out on - Puerto Rico's Lake Cartagena and the area around Saskatchewan in Canada to name but two.

As for missing information on Project Twinkle or other comissions, I've not realy looked but Isaac Koi lists some excellent search functions (and general UFO info) in his thread below - have been going through it for quite some time and it's the best I've read for quite a while.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The Scientific Service of the German Parliament attempt to block a UFO report sent the United Nations in 1978 by sending an appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg:

German Court Orders the Release of a UFO Document to Citizen

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Missing gun camera UFO photographs?

The files include a letter from a retired senior MoD official, Ralph Noyes, who confirms that the "subject remained something of a joke (albeit an uneasy one on occasion)" in Whitehall in the 1950s. However he describes seeing gun camera film of UFOs taken by RAF fighter pilots in 1956 that was shown at a secret screening for air defence staff in 1970. A search of the archives in 1993-94 found no trace of these films

link

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join