It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing UFO Evidence Thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Missing security camera footage in the Lebanon prison UFO incident, Ohio, 1993:

Claims of cover up and intimidation of firemen involved in the Pierce Township incident, Ohio, 1991:

Claims of 'edited' security camera footage in the Fernald Nuclear Facility UFO incident, Ohio, 1994:

Thread

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The USAF confiscate UFO photographs - July 29th, 1952.

The Ralph Mayher UFO photographs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88fb794535d4.gif[/atsimg]

One of the oddest UFO cases on record is the 1952 sighting by U.S. Marine Ralph Mayher. It is odd not because of the sighting itself, which was as 'normal' as any UFO event, but because of what happened afterward to Mayher and the film he managed to take.

Ralph Mayher had heard that on the night of 28th July, 1952 a couple named Goldstein had seen a flying saucer near their home. He was an experienced movie photographer and was interested in UFOs, so he arranged to meet the Goldsteins the next day and rented a camera - he had a theory that saucers sometimes appear on consecutive nights.

At 9:30pm on the 29th of July Mayher heard a woman across the street shout that a UFO was in view. The Goldsteins and another neighbour, Herman Stern, also saw the object, which remained visible over the ocean for about three minutes. Mayher managed to shoot only some 40 frames of film because his view was obscured by trees and buildings. The object was travelling horizontally towards the witnesses then 'turned' and shot away.

Mayher had his film processed at once and, as his unit commander had no objections, released some frames to the Miami press (centre) and even recorded a radio interview.But within 48 hours, USAF investigators were on the scene and threw a security blanket over the case. Mayher was visited by a number of men with CIA credentials, who apparently told him to keep quiet about the event.

On enquiry, Mayher was also told that the USAF thought the 'pinpoints of light' too small to analyse properly but the film was never returned.
Perhaps the strangest part of the story is that while well informed UFO investigators like Major Donald Keyhoe heard nothing of the film, ace debunker Dr Donald Menzel soon became familiar with it. With surreal inventiveness, Menzel said it showed a cobweb.

Taken from the book 'The age of the UFO' - edited by Peter Brookesmith, introduction by Dr J. Allen Hyneck

NICAP Entry:

Ralph Mayher, Miami, Fla. Using 16 mm film exposed at 24 frames per second, Mr. Mayher obtained good footage of a high speed UFO. Calculations by a physicist at the University of Miami yielded the information that the object was about 27 feet in diameter and travelling about 7550 mph. Retaining a few frames for personal study, Mr. Mayher submitted the main portion of the film to the Air Force for analysis. The film was never returned and no analysis report was ever released.

Link

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There are incidents documented in this thread that I had absolutely no idea ever took place... Just goes to show how lost these types of well documented events are amongst the usual useless garbage in the UFO field.

The case of the photograph with the little girl and the fellow over her shoulder, is one of the most bizarre and strange incidents and images I have ever come across. If it is real, which I suspect it is, it leaves one with so many questions as to just what the !%#@ it is...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Hey Jocko, thanks for the reply and you're not wrong about the Solway Firth photograph (and backstory) -it certainly is a bit of a freaky one.

The way the USAF treated Ralph Mayher and his photographs (above) also leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
More info on the Solway Firth photograph and missing evidence in the Woomera UFO incidents (thanks to Firemoon and Easynow for this one):

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If something is lost, unless there was a record of it in the first place, such as the Cooper UFO film, no one can tell you where it is or if it's still in existence.

The first photo/sketch you provided looks similar to this photo and yet this photo is all over the 'net!

UFO being "chased" by American fighter over Puerto Rico.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff66a485161a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Shrike, that photograph looks like a frisbee-ish to me and isn't realy comparable to an incident in which the British MOD deemed so sensitive that they broke with all official protocol when reporting and investigating it.

Here's Tony Dodd and Graham Shepherd discussing UFO incidents in Puerto Rico and the image you've posted is shown on the projector:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Shrike, that photograph looks like a frisbee-ish to me and isn't realy comparable to an incident in which the British MOD deemed so sensitive that they broke with all official protocol when reporting and investigating it.

Here's Tony Dodd and Graham Shepherd discussing UFO incidents in Puerto Rico and the image you've posted is shown on the projector:

I'm not impressed with Tony Dodd because all he is doing is just repeating what he has learned from sources, just like Nick Pope and Redfern. He does not present personal knowledge and, in reality, no one can. And repeat is the name of the game.

I've had several UFO sightings and I've videotaped one so I have more experience than these guys combined. And when I repeat something from a source I say it up front.

Now, as to the photo I posted in my reply. You say that it is "frisbee-ish". I disagree although I cannot prove it to be a Frisbee. In the documentary, they show 2 additional photo from the series and Tony says that NASA has declared the photos authentic or genuine.

Tony speaks like all spokespeople who are simply repeating and what they repeat is total b.s. for you shouldn't say something extraordinary without providing irrefutable evidence or irrefutable sources. the voiceover says:

About the Jim Nicholl illustration done from photographs: "This huge UFO is said to be a mile wide - has been seen over Puerto Rico according to Quest Director of Investigations Tony Dodd." Here is (maybe) missing evidence. Where are those photographs?

He says several U.S. military aircraft have been snatched from the air. Again "he said, she said." Worthless.

Shows my photo saying it's a "...color photostat copy of a photograph..." Where are the original photos and do they show a Frisbee which NASA got fooled by?

At 1:29 we see what has been alleged to be another shot in the series that produced my photo and which NASA has declared genuine.

At 2:11 another photo from the series.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Sky TV Conspiracies series the episode Alien Evidence.?

About 10 minutes in, there is a clip of an old film of some american forces personnel looking at pictures of UFOs. There is a guy with a series of photographs he is doing a sort of flick book effect with. Think there are 3 pictures, shown sequentially, of some sort of disc like object. It almost definitely 50s footage. Now, question? What are those photos of, they are fairly clear and show definite movement as he flicks through them. I don't personally, recognise the photos , wonder if anyone does here? Were they debunked or were they just never shown to the public?

Cant find the episode on youtube, which is a shame, most interesting photos indeed.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Shrike, thanks for posting a running commentary of the video and the image you posted was taken by abductee Amaury Rivera if you ever want to research the claims of NASA analysis - I could of course be very wrong but I don't find him or his pics very reliable.
There was a series of incidents involving Puerto Rican residents witnessing UFOs and fighter jets occuring in December 1988 though and it's already been mentioned on this thread here - there are also some other articles below:

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico.

Cheers.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Sky TV Conspiracies series the episode Alien Evidence.?

About 10 minutes in, there is a clip of an old film of some american forces personnel looking at pictures of UFOs. There is a guy with a series of photographs he is doing a sort of flick book effect with. Think there are 3 pictures, shown sequentially, of some sort of disc like object. It almost definitely 50s footage..

Firemoon - will certainly a keep an eye open for that one.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Missing photographs?

"During the cruise from Pearl to Seattle five of the crew had a very unusual experience. During one late afternoon the sub was cruising on the surface at approx. 10 knots when the port lookout reported a strange contact at a range of 2 miles bearing 315 degrees relative.
The lookout refused to tell the OOD what it was that he had seen and instead insisted that the starboard lookout and the OOD both look at that area.
The three men looked through their binoculars toward the area reported and were astounded to see a metal craft larger than a football field tumble from the clouds into the ocean.
It actually tumbled end over end and when it hit the water and sank beneath the ocean huge geysers of water rose into the air. When the port lookout was sure that the others had seen it he then told the OOD that he had seen it tumble from the ocean up into the clouds.
The OOD and the starboard lookout were speechless. Within a few minutes, however, they all became excited when it again rose from the water and tumbled up into the cloud layer.
At about the same time a crew member below queried the bridge about a radar contact at the same range and bearing. Sonar also reported strange echos. The OOD called for the Captain to come to the bridge at that time.He also called for the camera to be sent to the bridge.
The Captain arrived on the bridge within 2 minutes and the Chief Quartermaster was right behind him with the camera. At about the same time the object emerged from the clouds and fell down into the ocean. All five men witnessed this. The QMC took pictures as it rose up into the clouds and then back down into the ocean once again.
The five men watched for quite a while longer but nothing else happened. Soon the sub had moved out of visual range and the Captain told all witnesses that they were never to discuss what they had seen with anyone under any circumstances."

Bill Cooper - Naval Port Lookout aboard the submarine USS Tiru, 1966.

USO Research

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting video stating how a lot of evidence involved in the Rendlesham incident was taken to Germany.

link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Heres the first case dealing with a missing photograph of a huge, unknown object over Scotland:

The missing Pitlochry UFO Photographs.

Artist Impression:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c32977e462f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Witnesses reported seeing a large, diamond-shaped object hanging in the air next to a RAF Harrier above the A9 at Calvine, north of Pitlochry, on August 4.

The UFO is said to have hovered for about 10 minutes before zooming skywards at high speed and disappearing from view.

The apparent close encounter of the Caledonian kind was photographed by members of the public whose images appear to show a blurry, diamond-shaped craft next to a jet.

Fearing the pictures would spark significant media interest, the MoD decided to bring it to the attention of the Government...

"On this occasion, however, the MoD has been provided with six photographic negatives of an alleged UFO... and has been asked for comments almost certainly for inclusion in a forthcoming story."

The memo suggested the media should be told that "no definite conclusion had been reached regarding the large diamond-shaped object".

It has also emerged the MoD went on to commission a series of line drawings of the object the following year, noting that the "sensitivity of the material suggests very special handling".

Former MoD civil servant Nick Pope, who dealt with UFO reports, described the image as the "most impressive" ever shown to his department.

He said: "The MoD has all sorts of equipment and expertise that we used to analyse and enhance imagery to tell whether there were any signs of fakery.

"This picture was assessed by our digital experts, who concluded it was a real photograph showing a solid-structured craft which was estimated as being around 25m in diameter.

"There were no wings and no visible signs of any propulsion system.

"It was exotic and unknown in a way far beyond even the most modern stealth aircraft being trialled at that time."

Pope, who served in the MoD for 21 years until 2006, claims they were unable to come up with any firm answers about the craft and its origins.

"I remember going to a briefing with the defence intelligence staff where the photograph was discussed.

"My opposite number in defence intelligence pointed his finger to the left and said, 'It is not the Americans,' then to the right, saying, 'It is not the Soviets,' and finally, he said, 'That only leaves...' and pointed his finger directly up."

During his time with the ministry, Pope had a blown-up copy of the photograph on his office wall until it was personally taken down by his superior. He recalled: "My head of division removed it and put it in his drawer because he was convinced, wrongly in my opinion, that it showed a top secret prototype craft.

"Somewhere along the line the photo disappeared, but I have no idea whether it was genuinely misplaced or whether it was treated as something we shouldn't have seen and put through a shredder."

Link

Thread

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

great threads as usual...

the mod had the following to say re the a/m case...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Great post matey, wasn't aware of that one.

"Nothing of defense significance" - how many times have we heard that old chestnut?

Here's another intriguing statement from the British Air Ministry dealing with UFOs in British airspace.

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."
"Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We *had* to investigate cases of that kind. Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain."
"But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."

Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

link

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi all

The Templeton photograph and associated events at Woomera, South Australia have long interested me. As I live in Adelaide, South Australia, I have conducted some research on the Woomera UFO movie of 5 June 1964, the month after the Templeton picture was taken in the UK.

I have just posted the results of my research at:
ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

I even managed to locate a copy of the film on the net, the URL is in my post.

Happy viewing.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Hiya Keith, good job finding the original Pathe footage.

I guess sometimes the evidence is right under our noses all the time? The 'saucer-shaped' light in the footage and the image is certainly a light reflection. FSR was a great mixture of rational writers and the lunatic fringe, even so it's hard to imagine many of the readership seeing anything more than a reflection. On the other hand, back then (as now) there was a segment of society who insisted on seeing UFOs and saucers everywhere.

The claims of seeing two figures near the launch tower of the Blue Streak will remain interesting accounts, but never to be substantiated.

Here's the image from Flying Saucer Review Sep/Oct 1964 to use on your blog. I've been a reader for quite a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and great job on the Woomera footage - I still do wonder about the reports of two figures near the launch tower though.

Just received this post on another board and was interested if anybody could shed any light on the content - particularly the 1957 TV footage from Ohio:

Posted by TheMcguffin

Let's see...off the top of my head, UFO records that I know to be "missing": the records of the Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit, started during World War II. Tens of thousands of pages there, supposedly.

The records of Project Moon Dust and Blue Fly--at least very few have ever been declassified.

The records of Project Pounce--an effort to equip fast jets with a variety of cameras and instruments to chase UFOs.

Anything in the personal papers of the Robertson Panel scientists mentioning UFOs--I checked that myself.

Numerous records of Air Defense command/NORAD referring to UFO sightings.

The records of an incident in 1952 at Kirtland AFB when a jet opened fire on a UFO--Edward Ruppelt said those got destroyed.

Just about any records relating to the 1965 UFO crash at Kecksberg, PA, although it was known to have been discussed by LBJ and other top officials.

Many of the records from Roswell AFB relating to the 1947 incident.

The complete records of what happened at the White House, CIA and NSC after the 1952 UFO flap in Washington, DC.

The complete report on the 1976 Tehran UFO case.

Oh, and a 1957 film shot by a TV station in Ohio that showed a UFO dematerializing. Confiscated by CIA officers and never seen in public again

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Claims of suppressed UFO reports in Ecuador?

See 6:10

Film describing how the U.S. Secret Services offered significant economic and career related incentives to Ecuadorian Military personnel so that information and documents pertaining to UFOs were concealed.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Hey Jazzyguy, that's an interesting vid -do you know if an official report was made on that one?

Cheers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join