It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Rome 1.30.10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I found this on youtube. I can't say too much more about it but it looks pretty convincing to me.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Definitely great footage. Can't wait to see if someone can debunk this because it looks good. It could be a campfire with cultists around it though as the camera guy never panned out. Good find though.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Looks good, i've never seen something like this before, you can see the lights move around. Or at least thats what it looks like.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I seem to recall seeing this before but not Rome, It was in Mexico I think.

It's a large chinese-like lantern with smaller ones in a ring around it.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I hate to be that guy, but it definitely looks like it COULD BE some kind of lantern.

It is pretty decent footage, but I can't help but wonder why these people that have such great shots only take ~30 seconds of video.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by rusethorcain

Awesome footage! I wonder what that really is in such a bizarre configuration. Very odd, indeed!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, maybe if he recorded longer we'd have a better idea on what it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by thatguy1

Yeah I hear ya. If I had my camera and was able to get a clear shot I'd be recording until my battery died, I ran out of storage, or until there was nothing left to record!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
awhhhh, i saw it tip slightly in the breeze right at the end.....like a lantern with battery and lights...led's....and the lean from out-of -balance....i could be wrong, but just catch these things, love this site

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Could be anything. No foreground/background to compare to. Also, that language sounds Slovak, not Italian (could be Russian tourists).

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

G'day rusethorcain

In respect to our 2 great members, Internos & Phage (mentioned strictly in alphabetical order) I will edit my post to say:

Sorry.....that's a 100% "gold plated" example of a balloon (i.e. not a chinese lantern)....flame & all!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Something like this?

(from free_spirit)

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well, the dialogue sounds russian to me, and anyway they aren't speaking italian for sure (but that means nothing, they could have been tourists).
Anyway, this looks pretty much like a type of hot hair balloons (they are usually released during festivals, for example, in Mexico (see this thread, especially free_spirit's post: UFO filmed at a festival in Santa Cecilia and check the similarities by yourself: then, compare both them to the one in the pic posted by Phage:
I vote THAT type of hot air balloon.
Thanks for sharing

Ed. to remove pic, (already posted by Phage)

[edit on 31/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ive seen one of these before im afraid its a lantern. Good post though. I think they should ban them
it spoils it for ufo hunters

This particular lanter has attachments to reflect the light, a bit like the balls on christmas trees

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I just want to know if every youtube video is going to be titled "2010 100% UFO proof"

Think I'll get a balloon and draw a smiley face on and do a video with that title..

Mind you the same posts are always have the text "try to debunk this!" and then within 3 posts it is. I'm a believer and even I could tell it was a lantern simply by the warm flickering candle glow that's in every lantern video touted as a UFO.

C'mon people, I know like me you want to see something that the world can see as proof but if it's orangey, flickers, floats slowly and only seen in the dusk onwards then it's a lantern ...

No matter how much you wish otherwise..

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I seem to recall seeing this before but not Rome, It was in Mexico I think.

It's a large chinese-like lantern with smaller ones in a ring around it.

Yeah I gotta agree with that. not extra outter space.
??????? I swear, people like to post stuff like this just
to do it without thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i agree, i believe this was originally shot in Mexico city in 1995-97.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They use chinese lanterns in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Post removed by me.

[edit on 31/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I asked in the comments section last night why the vid is so short and could these be chinese lanterns. I woke up and found that my comment was no longer on there. Sounds like you guys hit the nail on the head if he can't even answer the questions. I hate that because that would have been incredible footage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join