It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion musings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTHING 4 NO ONE

Could you ease up on the name calling and personal attacks? I saw your last post and it is vile and slanderous. It is possible to talk about this subject without resorting to abuse so maybe you should give that a try eh?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Please review these links before someone loses their posting privileges...

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Too many young girls are getting pregnant due to a lack of reguard for safe sexual practice. If more of them kept their legs closed and didnt succumb to the advances of their sexual partner with due consideration to 'protection' then this issue wouldnt be the hot potatoe that it has become in todays society.

Many people from older generations damn women who take this action due to what they see as being a lack of morals in an progressively immoral world.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please focus responses on the Actual topic of discussion Not on a fellow member's character or person.

Thank you

» Political Issues » Abortion musings » Post Reply

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

[snip] how dare you heap all the blame on young women.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
Too many young girls are getting pregnant due to a lack of reguard for safe sexual practice. If more of them kept their legs closed and didnt succumb to the advances of their sexual partner with due consideration to 'protection' then this issue wouldnt be the hot potatoe that it has become in todays society.

Young girls disregarding safe secual practices? They may not be educated properly and have to contend with not only their own hormones but that of horny teenage boys and adult men. They may not have been taught to assert themselves and say no or how to deal with sexual coersion. You cannot just solve the problem by saying "just shut your legs" while they are getting pressures to have sex from every direction. You also cannot put all the responsiblity on the female when males are encouraged and rewarded for sexual conquests without being condemned.

Many people from older generations damn women who take this action due to what they see as being a lack of morals in an progressively immoral world.

Morality has not gotten any worse it has just shifted. Alot of those people from older generations also come from a time where rape in marriage was considered not only legal but morally justifiable as a wife was meant to "obey". Not long before that it was considered moral to marry and have sex with twelve year old girls and get them pregnant despite health risks and her wishes. Now it is illegal (in western countries at least) so I think in some ways society has actually gotten better. The media is still immoral in the way it portays and sexually objectifies both women and girls but that is slowly starting to change as well.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

[snip] how dare you heap all the blame on young women.

If women wish to fly thr flag of 'Pro-Choice', they must stand by their actions. There are many case where the choice has been taken out of the hands of women, but the vast percentage of cases are the result of drunken liasons with people they barely know.

With the threat of HIV/AIDs and other such diseases in the modern era, people must think before they take the decision to give themselves so easily to a sexual partner. In many parts of western Europe (and especially in the UK), there are women who have a large number of terminations due to a lack attitude and/or drunkeness. They are worlds apart from those that are the victim of rape and do not carry the same emotional baggage as those poor souls. A fundemental change in peoples approach needs to the question of sex needs to be carried out, as even the threat of deadly diseases does not stop some people from getting themselves in such situations.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Just a reminder...

Please focus responses on the Actual topic of discussion Not on a fellow member's character or person.

Thank you

» Political Issues » Abortion musings » Post Reply

there was no actual topic. the OP was musing.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

No actually he is right, but it goes for both sexes not just women.

The problem is when it comes down to it abortion is no different than genocide. A baby is a live. It is not just a clump of cells. It feels pain. abortions are excruciatingly painful for the unborn.

The problem is people don't know the facts.
The nervous system is the first thing to develop at 2 1/2 weeks
At week 6 the heat is beating and the brain and spinal cord are developed.
Brain activity can be picked up on a EEG.

Between weeks 10-12 the baby the baby resembles a very tiny human no longer a tadpole or what ever people like to call them. get that? HUMAN FORM! Fingers ,toes, eyes!
At 14 weeks the baby has fingerprints

Early on every thing is in place for a baby to feel pain.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You point is based upon the opinion that a termination is morally right. IMO it is not.

If a woman can not assert self control in responce to male advances, then we are all doomed. There is pressure any people to do things in society weather than be as a consumer, the take drugs, drink alchol, eat bad food, etc, etc, etc, but there is a willingness to always say "yes". This is what need to change. Abstinence and moderation are not buzz words, they are practices which more people should follow.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

The problem is, my friend, that people do not want to know. They would rather bury their head in the sand as long as they can have their fun. We all walk our own path in life and the decisions we make are our own, but there will come a time when you have to account for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

i got told off and shut down. you're allowed to be disgusting and tell women to close their legs ... but i'm not allowed to call you on that and call you a pig for saying that.

i thought i was a pretty reasonable person ...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

i got told off and shut down. you're allowed to be disgusting and tell women to close their legs ... but i'm not allowed to call you on that and call you a pig for saying that.

i thought i was a pretty reasonable person ...

Feel free to call what you wish and as I have no ill feeling towards pigs then that is fine.

I find the issue of terminations emotive and as a consequence feel that the text should compare to the barbaric nature of the act. That quote was made, not to enflame, but to highlight to those that take the claim that the decisions is theirs that should that they have abstained then they would have had to take such actions.

I have the only compassion that have found themselves in this situation at the hands of some fiend but for those that have gotten there mearly because they 'I forgot' or 'I was wasted', then you must account for you actions.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Again...

The topic is abortion, to include the musings set forth in the opening post.

Off-Topic responses and responses which focus on a given member's character or person, as well as those which contain insults or attacks directed toward the same, will be removed and the poster warned.

No additional warnings will be given.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Exactly no one wants to know THE FACTS. They can't justify it otherwise. As long as they believe its just a clump of cells or can't feel pain than its not wrong, but the truth is after 6-9 weeks that no longer true! The baby is fully human aside from undeveloped organs such as the lungs, liver and kidneys.

As for rape victims they have the morning after pill which keeps a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall. Although I can understand why a woman would not want to report a rape or seek medical attention after such a traumatic thing, but you don't have to give a reason and you can get it almost anywhere.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

whatever. no wonder that potato lady hates men.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
reply to post by riley

You point is based upon the opinion that a termination is morally right. IMO it is not.

Imo whether or not abortion is morally right or wrong is irrelevent as it's for the pregnant woman to decide. If she thinks it's immoral she doesn't have to have one.

Personally I find slavery and forced pregnancy/abortion immoral. That is why I am pro choice.. I was raised christian so even though I am an athiest now I am really big on the free will thing.

If a woman can not assert self control in responce to male advances, then we are all doomed.

Men are naturally larger and are sometimes taught to dominate.. and alot of girls are taught to submit and be "nice". You cannot condemn naive women/girls for not being able to say no to someone that intimidates them.

There is pressure any people to do things in society weather than be as a consumer, the take drugs, drink alchol, eat bad food, etc, etc, etc, but there is a willingness to always say "yes". This is what need to change. Abstinence and moderation are not buzz words, they are practices which more people should follow.

So.. maybe boys and men should be taught to restrain themselves and not coerce girls and women into having sexual intercourse in the first place. You put ALL of the accountabilty onto the woman.. but if you REALLY cared about the baby he sires why are you not concerned with his actions? Why not criticize men for sexual irresponsibilty?

[edit on 31-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

whatever. no wonder that potato lady hates men.

I dont understand that but thanks for your input.

The issue with a topic like this is that many people know of someone or indeed are someone who has taken this route and so can be quite defensive of the issue with a mindset clouded by guilt, sentiment or conviction in their action.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join