Abortion musings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by The_Archangel

As for rape victims they have the morning after pill which keeps a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall. Although I can understand why a woman would not want to report a rape or seek medical attention after such a traumatic thing, but you don't have to give a reason and you can get it almost anywhere.

The day after pill does not always work.. if it did there would be alot less abortions.

It is not available almsot everywhere anyway. I have read stories about small towns in America where the only chemists are pro life and they can refuse to carry "plan b". Obviously by the time the woman is able to get access it's too late and so she might have an abortion. Ironic given the abortion could have been prevented if she had access to the day after pill.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You opinion of 'free will' mirrors that of the murderer to take life, the paedophile to take a child, etc, etc. You forget the choice of the child. And as for condeming men, I do but not all men are sexual predators just in the same way that all terminations are the result of incestuous rape.

I am not making an attack on women and dont expect to lambasted as some anti-feminist. I am saying the opposite in fact. I am saying dont fall victim to poor decision making which could reslt in the woman carrying the emotional baggage around with her for the rest of her days.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

As for rape victims they have the morning after pill which keeps a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall. Although I can understand why a woman would not want to report a rape or seek medical attention after such a traumatic thing, but you don't have to give a reason and you can get it almost anywhere.

The day after pill does not always work.. if it did there would be alot less abortions.

It is not available almsot everywhere anyway. I have read stories about small towns in Amercia where the only chemists are pro life and they can refuse to carry "plan b". Obviously by the time the woman is able to get access it's too late and so she might have an abortion. Ironic given the abortion could have been prevented if she had access to the day after pill.

I will resend the the "everywhere" comment since my experience is limited to the Mexican border to the Canadian border on the west coast only. Although i was under the impression that the morning after pill was 98% effective. As far why Pro-lifers (Catholics aside) would be opposed to it is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
there you go again mods.

men are allowed to be disgusting and say awful things about women ... but when women parot it back to them ... you wipe my comments.

If you try and construct a decent responce then this wouldnt happen. As someone who may have had a termination I am interested to hear your point of view, just take the time to articulate a response.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
also mod who just u2ud me ...

i have no idea who you are talking about or what you're talking about.

i hope i'm not going to get banned for chatting on ats tonight?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

The topic is abortion

The topic is NOT name calling and/or personal insults directed at a fellow member's character or person.

Please focus further responses on the Topic of discussion or simply refrain from posting.

It Is That Simple.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

i was talking about abortion and i certainly wasnt name calling.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Like I said in my U2U, attack the statement not the stater.

To remain on topic... I think a big problem lies in the education and facts about abortion and choices. To be fair neither side gives the whole picture, but pro-choicers (in my opinion) use mostly half truths and primarily leave out important facts when confronting a woman considering an abortion.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I will resend the the "everywhere" comment since my experience is limited to the Mexican border to the Canadian border on the west coast only. Although i was under the impression that the morning after pill was 98% effective. As far why Pro-lifers (Catholics aside) would be opposed to it is beyond me.

If you look at the pro-life sites you will see that they are as against against the pill and the day after pill as they are against abortion. I find this ridiculous as they say they are against killing babies.. yet they are also against the very thing that could prevent them being created. Imo the fact that they are against contraception proves to me they are more concerned with contolling the sexuality of women rather than saving lives. If they cared they would be handing out condoms encouraging abstinence or/and safe sex instead of protesting at womens clinics. They want to save lives.. but they have provisions attached and have even spread disinformation about aids being spread by condoms which would have cost lives.

I doubt it's 98% effective ..perhaps "when used properly" in controlled medical studies it is but not in the real world.. the rate of abortions alone shows that the confidence place in common contraception is not justified. A good example is anti-biotics; they render the pill useless but not alot of women are warned about this side effect and so end up with an unwanted pregnancy. The sexual revolution came about because of the pill but I don't think it should be as revered as it is.. obviously there is something causing unwanted pregnancies (apart form the obvious). Maybe kids aren't using the pill or condoms properly? If that is the case better education is needed.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

'Account for your actions' ?

Account to whom ?

You ?

Women may do as they please. And they are not answerable to you

YOU are answerable to you -- and only you is answerable to you. Unless you imagine yourself to be an ultimate authority. Do you ?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

'Account for your actions' ?
Account to whom ?
You ?
Women may do as they please. And they are not answerable to you
YOU are answerable to you -- and only you is answerable to you. Unless you imagine yourself to be an ultimate authority. Do you ?

Not at all, and if you had taken the time to read the whole thread you would have seen that I had said that we all make our own decisions in life and nobody is accountable to me. They accountable to themselves and most importantly the dead child.

Many women carry the guilt of a termination in early life especially if they are lucky enough to have a planned child in later life. Looking into the eyes of their surviving child will always make them hark back to thoughts what could have been.

Please take the time to read the whole piece otherwise your post mearly a illfounded, mindless rant and serves nothing.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

If YOU had taken your own advice re: reading the whole thread, you would have realised I've posted in this thread on more than one occasion

It appears clear your intention is to provoke heated and emotional response, as with your unjustifiable claim that my extremely brief post constitutes 'ill founded mindless rant'. Please be advised the Mods are keeping a close eye on this thread

Of COURSE no-one is accountable to you

So, in future, when you're pontificating about who must 'be accountable', kindly remember to include, 'in my HUMBLE opinion'. Thanks

Whatever guilt is or is not carried by women (and there's no proof they do) is the business of the women concerned

Many women feel only relief after having an abortion and move on with their lives

Whatever the case, you may only speak for yourself. Feel free to do so, by all means, re: the thread topic

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If YOU had taken your own advice re: reading the whole thread, you would have realised I've posted in this thread on more than one occasion

It appears clear your intention is to provoke heated and emotional response, as with your unjustifiable claim that my extremely brief post constitutes 'ill founded mindless rant'. Please be advised the Mods are keeping a close eye on this thread

I'm am not adding ill-founded post, they are founded on the basis of my POV. Just because they are not in tandem with your view does not mean that they are wrong and you point on the Mods is wasted on me as you'll see that I pointed out to one the last posters that their input should be constructed in a proper way and something you have taken the care to do on you follow up post.

Of COURSE no-one is accountable to you

So, in future, when you're pontificating about who must 'be accountable', kindly remember to include, 'in my HUMBLE opinion'. Thanks

Your previous point asked weather women faced with a termination had to account to me with which agreed. No woman has to take up the issue with a man unless it is the father and so your follow up post fails into the realm of '???????' (Sorry)

Whatever guilt is or is not carried by women (and there's no proof they do) is the business of the women concerned

Many women feel only relief after having an abortion and move on with their lives

Based on what evidence? Personal? If so, you do not speak for the plethora of women that terminate. You comments have no basis in the wider realm.

Whatever the case, you may only speak for yourself. Feel free to do so, by all means, re: the thread topic

I think you'll find that the basis of a thread like this is to voice personal opinion, and that is exactly what I have done and for you benefit I will re-emphasise the point I had made earlier in that IMO many women terminate as a result of lack morals, drunkness/drugged up sexual liasons and or an inability to practice safe sex and the ultimate victims of this are the unborn child and (possibly) the mother.

Thank you for you input though

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by hotbakedtater

where do you realistically get off disregarding men and their thoughts, rights and feelings?

just because you might be able to callously separate yourself from your own unborn child ... it doesn't mean everybody can, will, or even wishes to.
I am debating a topic of discussion, I suppose that's how I "get off". I am not bringing into this discussion what I do personally, but my own personal feelings on the topic.

As other posters have posited, in healthy relationships, these things are not an issue. But we all know there are a lot of people who find themselves in bad situations because of poor choices, or abuse, or what have you.

I have never claimed that I " might be able to callously separate yourself from your own unborn child ... it doesn't mean everybody can, will, or even wishes to. "

Because I am not debating individual posters, but offering my POV, which is on the topic.

I hope this clarifies things for you, and explains why sometimes I will have to ignore posts that are personalized, because that is illogical debate technique.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Scott Roeder thought that killing Dr. George Tiller had to be done to prevent future abortions...so how many lives did he potentially save?

The greatest war ever is being fought, and mothers are winning, babies are losing, in the order of over 46 million a year.....46,000,000 each year! What a terrible artocity.
It sure was hard to read over and over again "its was created in my body, so I have the right to kill it"
but hear ya go, some numbers and links if you care to care.

"approximately 46 million abortions are performed worldwide every year"
en.wikipedia.org...

www.abortionno.org...

www.guttmacher.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Our ecosystems only have so much resources to provide, and can only replenish at a certain rate. Every time our population increases, we are required to feed, house, dress, and provide a meaningful existence for this extra person. Modern societies go beyond the basic level of consumption, resorting to all manner of products to quell our boredom with our 9-5 lifestyles. Our societies are built on ideas that actually give us no real meaning in our lives, so we seek to fill the void through all manner of entertainment and products.

"Pro-Life" is a misnomer. Pro unfettered population growth is more apropos.What is the purpose in stretching population numbers to the maximum? What benefit do we truly obtain from ensuring the continued survival of every single person?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join