Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Abortion musings

page: 1
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Scott Roeder was convicted today in Kansas of aborting the life of Dr. Tiller, an abortionist who would not stop. It appears that Scott became what he hated.

I happen to be Pro Choice and my choice happens to be Life. I will not stop you from choosing death but I will try & convince you otherwise.

Forget the religious discourse. Forget the this Dr. says this, this Dr. says that.

On the form for Life insurance & for Health insurance besides "do you smoke" is "have you had an abortion". They don't ask if you have had a miscarriage because that is the body taking an action. They put all your answers in a table & get an answer. They can void your insurance for giving false answers.

You pay extra for insurance if you smoke or have had an abortion because those actions cause harm to the body in a calculable way. They charge a higher premium and have never been stopped by anyone for charging this higher premium. They can prove it from their tables.



+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My opinion on abortion is quite simple. So this won't be a very long response.

One, it is always a woman's choice. My body, MY CHOICE.

Two, because men cannot give birth and can never be in the position to need an abortion, the opinion of men on abortion to me(as a female) is moot.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G
 


Insurance companies are also starting to charge more if you are overweight or smoke. Pretty soon they'll probably be charing us for our specific DNA code....


I liked how you phrased your stance: "I happen to be Pro Choice and my choice happens to be Life. I will not stop you from choosing death but I will try & convince you otherwise." Very nicely put.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   


You pay extra for insurance if you smoke or have had an abortion because those actions cause harm to the body in a calculable way.


Fail

The reason that box appears on American insurance forms is because the country is essentially split down the middle on the ethicacy of abortions. From there it comes down to statistics, as in, if you've had an abortion in the past that would tell you that person is pro-choice and therefor could possibly have another for whatever reason. If the person is 30+, married and hasn't had one, chances are they won't be in the future.

That question has never appeared on any of my insurance forms, why? Because in Canada, abortions don't cost you anything.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


Great response


My attitude is one of no abortion after six weeks, two months maximum. Anyone choosing abortion as late term as 6 months, for example, should be forced to spend five minutes studying the child they murdered

If all men used condoms or (for those unprepared to support their children) had a vasectomy, there would be far less abortions for them to protest about. Never mind men claiming contraception is the woman's responsibility --- just wear the condom or have a vasectomy and stop trying to pass the buck

Reminder for men: a few years ago a prostitute came before the court. She'd given birth to almost a dozen drug-addicted babies. Their fathers were her customers

Coinciding with that item of news was another, concerning babies and children with disabilities and other problems who were being kept in cages by the people paid to care for them

So out there are family men who go home at night and help their legitimate offspring with their homework, whilst in a cage or cowering in a filthy corner somewhere are their illegitimate children, products of three minutes in an alley with a drug-addict prostitute

Children born to prostitutes don't just conveniently die and blow away. Nor do they enjoy pleasant lives. Many drift into prostitution themselves. Almost certainly, legitimate sons unknowingly have sex with their half-sisters on occasion and very possibly more unwanted children result

Any man who's had unprotected sex with ANYone has no right to an opinion about abortion



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
My opinion on abortion is quite simple. So this won't be a very long response.

One, it is always a woman's choice. My body, MY CHOICE.

Two, because men cannot give birth and can never be in the position to need an abortion, the opinion of men on abortion to me(as a female) is moot.


But it does take two to tango so to speak. The male perspective is not moot. As a female, you chose the who, how and when of copulation and therefore are aware of the implications of pregnancy. Other than extreme circumstances there is no valid reason for an abortion.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


Great response


My attitude is one of no abortion after six weeks, two months maximum. Anyone choosing abortion as late term as 6 months, for example, should be forced to spend five minutes studying the child they murdered

If all men used condoms or (for those unprepared to support their children) had a vasectomy, there would be far less abortions for them to protest about. Never mind men claiming contraception is the woman's responsibility --- just wear the condom or have a vasectomy and stop trying to pass the buck

Reminder for men: a few years ago a prostitute came before the court. She'd given birth to almost a dozen drug-addicted babies. Their fathers were her customers

Coinciding with that item of news was another, concerning babies and children with disabilities and other problems who were being kept in cages by the people paid to care for them

So out there are family men who go home at night and help their legitimate offspring with their homework, whilst in a cage or cowering in a filthy corner somewhere are their illegitimate children, products of three minutes in an alley with a drug-addict prostitute

Children born to prostitutes don't just conveniently die and blow away. Nor do they enjoy pleasant lives. Many drift into prostitution themselves. Almost certainly, legitimate sons unknowingly have sex with their half-sisters on occasion and very possibly more unwanted children result

Any man who's had unprotected sex with ANYone has no right to an opinion about abortion


In this day and age, although I agree to a point, the onus should fall on both participants, that drug addicted hooker can use contraceptives too. Any man who would have unprotected sex with a prostitute is dumb. period.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What an explosive issue, I almost didn't post but then I realised that this is what ATS is all about.

The thing about abortion is it's a very personal choice, everybody has their own view based on their upbringing, religious beliefs, values, morals and so on.

NOW I firmly believe that each woman has a right to make this choice for herself, involving the father where appropriate. For DAMN SURE don't go around telling people what to do, do not impose your beliefs on me, or on mothers to be, or anyone.

If abortion is legal in the eyes of the law, DEAL WITH IT! oppose it legally by all means, vote against it, whatever, but don't try to interfere with a woman who wants one or the doctor performing them, murder (even to save lives in YOUR eyes) isn't justified!

Abortion is murder you say!!! WRONG, the law says it isn't, so deal with it!!

All the best, Kiwifoot!



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
Scott Roeder was convicted today in Kansas of aborting the life of Dr. Tiller, an abortionist who would not stop. It appears that Scott became what he hated.

I happen to be Pro Choice and my choice happens to be Life. I will not stop you from choosing death but I will try & convince you otherwise.

Forget the religious discourse. Forget the this Dr. says this, this Dr. says that.

On the form for Life insurance & for Health insurance besides "do you smoke" is "have you had an abortion". They don't ask if you have had a miscarriage because that is the body taking an action. They put all your answers in a table & get an answer. They can void your insurance for giving false answers.

You pay extra for insurance if you smoke or have had an abortion because those actions cause harm to the body in a calculabornle way. They charge a higher premium and have never been stopped by anyone for charging this higher premium. They can prove it from their tables.



First and formost, I am well aware that multiple abortions are not good for a women. On the other hand I don't believe as so many religous fanatics believe that women are little more then baby making machines. I think these people with such narrow minds are pigs, man or women, it makes no difference. These @#$%^&*( people so quick to call themselves "pro-life" never seem to have a problem killing those already born, in order to save the collection of fetal matter they call the unborn.

I think abortion is always a very unfortunate situation. And to have an abortion as late as Tiller did them? If up to me, such a late abortion would only be done for medical reasons. REAL medical reasons. Why? At that point the fetus is just to well developed. I don't know what it can feel or become, and in many ways I'm very conservative. You support adoption over abortion? Thats great. Get off you religous ass and put up the money to make it happen. It's not cheap, covering the cost of a pregnancy. Not willing or able to do that? Then shut the hell up.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968
 


It may take two to tango, but only one of us completes this dance.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
My opinion on abortion is quite simple. So this won't be a very long response.

One, it is always a woman's choice. My body, MY CHOICE.

Two, because men cannot give birth and can never be in the position to need an abortion, the opinion of men on abortion to me(as a female) is moot.


Excuse me but it takes a man and a woman to create a new life.It's not about your body,it's about that new life.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
My opinion on abortion is quite simple. So this won't be a very long response.

One, it is always a woman's choice. My body, MY CHOICE.

Two, because men cannot give birth and can never be in the position to need an abortion, the opinion of men on abortion to me(as a female) is moot.


Excuse me but it takes a man and a woman to create a new life.It's not about your body,it's about that new life.


You raise a very good point. The last time a women got pregnant on her own, was about 2,000years ago. (No I don't believe it, but it makes for a nice bedtime story).



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn
 


Actually, abortion IS all about my body. It is only about the choice I have to make, whether to allow the parasitic cells that cannot survive outside its host (me), to grow into a viable human being, or to abort the growth of those cells before they can leach any more life from the host, my body.

What does a man's view have to do with this decision? Nothing, because once the man removes his member from the host body, his involvement is complete, and anything else that occurs in relation to the sex act fall squarely and singularly onto the female's shoulders.

If a woman shares her pregnancy with her man, that still falls under....her choice.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow, what a topic.

My belief stems from the fact that, spiritually speaking, the soul/God spark/Spirit does not enter the physical body/avatar until just prior to birth.

Each human has a responsibility to her own body, and can treat it how she wants to. If she has to have an abortion, then that is what she needs to experience at that time. No one else knows what someone's life plan is, so no one should be trying to tell anyone how to handle anything.

Those sending judgement towards abortion believers should take a look at what they are really judging... usually it's something from deep within them selves.

On the other hand, I have to accept and allow those judgementally challenged folks for where they are on their journey, as well. Sometimes that is easier studied than practiced.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
On the form for Life insurance & for Health insurance besides "do you smoke" is "have you had an abortion".


Really? Is that true? I have never been asked that.


Originally posted by Oceanborn
It's not about your body,it's about that new life.


That's a matter of perspective and opinion. To you, it may be about the life. To someone else, it's about her body. So, the one with the life growing inside her body should really have the final say. The rest of us are just observers. When you have a life growing in your body, you can make it all about the life if you wish.
But you cannot set other people's priorities and opinions.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


Oh,so they're....parasites...Nice way to make em sound quite unwanted and i have no idea what else.

Diet is all about your body,abortion is about your body and the creation of two people.
A new life isn't a property which belongs to the one who carries it,it's something created by two people.Just because women carry those "parasites" doesn't mean it belongs to them.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn
 


Again, I have to disagree with you, what comes out of my body is so my property. The government says so. If I mistreat, abuse or neglect to properly care for the new "property", I can suffer consequences, legal and otherwise. There are hundreds of laws that govern how I must take care of my new "property".

Thus making the initial choice of to carry to term or terminate even more important! In my opinion.

Technically any living creature which requires a host subject for its very own survival is a parasite.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


But what i'm saying here is that the fact that they're in the mother's body doesn't mean that it's just up to them.They have fathers too.



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow...I suppose it should be no surprise reading the callousness of people who believe abortion is okay, considering the nature of the action. However, I would expect people to at least TRY to pretend we are not talking about killing BABIES here in order to placate their conscience. People always say pro-lifers have no problem with the death penalty. On the flip side pro-choicers want to let even the worst of criminals live out the rest of their lives in comfort yet have no problem butchering an innocent life while still in their mother's womb. Which of these two groups deserves our protection?

The pro-choice crowd in my view is no different than the crowd screaming Barabbas!! as Christ was led away for crucifixion....

[edit on 29-1-2010 by americanwoman]



posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


And then we wonder why our world is so messed up...

Whatever,personally i'm done.





new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join