It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persecutors of Christians in India Attacked by Elephants.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Okay. So where the cases of God's wrath against all the hypocrites in the Church? Where are the molesting priests getting mauled by bears? Why hasn't Pat Robertson been injured in a bizarre balloon animal incident?

I think in order to call something an act of God it has to be 100% supernatural otherwise it's coincidence. If God were so active in the world why would this be what He's doing, aren't there kids with cancer that deserve to be healed and people suffering in Haiti that could use a little help...

Nope, apparently he's busy using Elephants to punish the wicked

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Well said!!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
First of all, to everyone who attributed this to a conscious act of revenge or learned behavior on the part of the elephants, you should probably reread the article. The story is only exceptional because the elephants were from far, far away.

Secondly, it's hardly remarkable that superstitious hairless apes who happen to identify themselves as Christian should attribute this to an act of a Christian God's Vengeance. Superstitious apes attribute EVERYTHING bad that happens to rival groups to acts of God's vengeance while conveniently ignoring the bad things that happen to their own cliques (even as their enemies attribute such misfortunes to the vengefulness of their gods while conveniently ignoring their misfortunes.)

If you ask me, every time a donkey farts God's will is done. Bad things happen to good Christians, so clearly God doesn't operate in YOUR primitive tribal way. Please keep God out of your stupid petty territorial bickering. God don't pick sides cuz God's on EVERY side.

But if you insist on persisting in this childishly vindictive hatefulness (as the villains of this tale did), don't be surprised when YOU get squashed by an elephant.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Ragu23]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

Why is it bad for "militant" Hindu's to not want a foreign religion to take root on their soil "by coercion or fraud" as the law states, yet it is perfectly reasonable to be up in arms about the "Islamo-fascists" who are supposedly trying to instill their world view upon the American masses?

How do you say that Christianity is a foreign religion in India? It came to India even before it reached America (Ad 52) and it was St. Thomas who first brought CHristinaity to India.

And Christinaity did not evolve in America so is it a foreign religion in Amercia?

It is now the 3rd most common religion in India after Hinduism and Islam. There are about 30 million Christians in India

There are many schools of thought as to how Christianity spread in India. Some claim it is through St. Thomas who came to India in 52 A.D. Others claim that a Syrian merchant, Thomas of Cana, came to Travancore in Kerala and established a Christian colony there.

Source: www.pitara.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ragu23

You're trying in your post to make everyone seem irrational except yourself and then you're letting everyone know what God does and what he doesn't? (by saying he doesn't pick sides and he's on every side)

So what's the deal,you and God were in the same school?Same class?Went to concerts together and had lots of fun?

I think you got my point.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's good to know that God and elephants are on our side!

Sinners and unbelievers beware the wrath of elephants.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
God destroys the infidels!

Praise the Lord!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Has anyone thought the Elephants themselves decided to do this?

Elephants are very very smart and if I recall they helped some people escape drowning during the massive tsunami a few years ago. Elephants were reported to have also weeped and mourned over the many human dead.

This may be more of the same. The Elephants probably have little tolerance of gang rape and murder inside their territory.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What you say about elephants is true. However, didn't the article mention this herd went beyond it's territory?

Don't other species of "social" animals use scouts to learn of their surroundings?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Easy....
Main Entry: for·eign
Pronunciation: \ˈfȯr-ən, ˈfär-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English forein, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin foranus on the outside, from Latin foris outside — more at forum
Date: 13th century
1 : situated outside a place or country; especially : situated outside one's own country
2 : born in, belonging to, or characteristic of some place or country other than the one under consideration
3 : of, relating to, or proceeding from some other person or material thing than the one under consideration
4 : alien in character : not connected or pertinent
5 : related to or dealing with other nations

I.e., did not develop within the native culture in question. As you say, it was "brought", and is not their people's home grown religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't see any of the old tuskies wearing crucifixes!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maybe the will of God was based on the prayers of the people attacked, maybe they prayed loud enough to be heard so this was an isolated incident. Or it was evil spirits that caused this fighting and they came out of the attackers and went into the elephants, a bit like how the legion were destroyed by entering pigs and then drowning, but they went on a rampage back, which is a good way to stir up your belief systems either way.

Even dolphins defend humans when in trouble and so do dogs.

It may not always be about God, guardian Angels have a say too.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
reply to post by Ragu23

You're trying in your post to make everyone seem irrational except yourself and then you're letting everyone know what God does and what he doesn't? (by saying he doesn't pick sides and he's on every side)

So what's the deal,you and God were in the same school?Same class?Went to concerts together and had lots of fun?

I think you got my point.

I was well aware of the irony when I posited a side for God of my own. I found it funny. I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself.

Anyway, I MAY be wrong. But the notion that God backs Christians in territorial squabbles is demonstrably false. My claim isn't.

The evidence indicates one of two possibilities.

A.) There is no such thing as God.

or

B.) Something like God exists, but it does not favor any particular religion.

I side with some version of B and I have no reason to do so. That's what belief is. It doesn't stem from reason. And that's ok, so long as it doesn't BLATANTLY CONTRADICT reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
While those people def deserved some punishment for what they did, claiming it was god that stepped in and sent some crazy mad elephants to do it is just absurd. And what about the innocents caught up in the mayhem? God doesn't care about collateral damage?
What am I saying? If he killed all the first born of Egypt from the puppies and kittens to the little human babies, he actually seems to enjoy collateral damage.

I can think of many groups of people that have done that and worse to other groups of people throughout history... where was god's elephant justice squad when they had it coming?

Coincidence. Suck it up.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That is too strange but very possible. God can tell us what to do why not the second smartest mammal in the animal kingdom.

If God wanted to, He could also protect them from any bullets coming their way. Don't believe it? Look up the story of George Washington who the Indians said could not be hurt by rifle fire. After one particular battle there were numerous bullet holes through his coat yet he was unscathed.

Think it might have had something to do with God's chosen people who would call America home in a few short years?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic

If God wanted to, He could also protect them from any bullets coming their way. Don't believe it? Look up the story of George Washington who the Indians said could not be hurt by rifle fire. After one particular battle there were numerous bullet holes through his coat yet he was unscathed.

Think it might have had something to do with God's chosen people who would call America home in a few short years?

It's also possible Washington made a deal with the devil to help bring about the 1st Masonically inspired governement in the world.

Or maybe not. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Could this be an act of God, avenging the persecution of His followers? Is it Bad Karma maybe?

Or is it just a coincidence these elephants traveled 300km and just happened to target the persecutors?

I'll make you a deal.

Remember a few weeks ago there was a news story going around about the infant who was killed while sitting inside church with it's family by a stray bullet shot up in the air miles away?

I'll concede to you that the elephant massacre was retribution from god, if you'll concede that god hates small children.

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

It certainly is "amazing"

Especially when you read that the article is basically counting everyone who's not a Christian as a "persecuter"

A more accurate title would be "Elephants cause damage in Orissa; Christians laugh at others' problems"

Incidentally, I'm reminded of that line from Operation dumbo drop:

Soldier: So... the elephant is god?
Y'Biham: No. The elephant created god

[edit on 31-1-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian
reply to post by Nutter

oh yeah lets forgive the people who gang raped and murdered innocent nuns its ok hey maybe you can get together and have lunch sometime since they like to go around persecuting people for their religious beliefs. They needed to be punished and so thats exactly what happened such foul souls deserve it.
Im sorry you cant see the light.

whether you are or arent christian, i have to use your post as an example, and i mean no offense to you, because i also think we shouldnt forgive someone who does that, but thats like the exact way many christians think

they talk all day until your ear falls off about how forgiving god is and all this jibber jabber

then the minute something atrocious happened

"no god wasnt talking about them, we shouldnt forgive them, not them, what they did was too bad, hang him"

but if theyre trying to convert ya, there isnt anything you could say to them that would be too bad, if you act willing to convert

from what ive seen, the majority of many religious people, never seem to practice what they preach

if elephants really did kill people for god, that makes me worry about what god really is even more

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Could this be an act of God, avenging the persecution of His followers? Is it Bad Karma maybe?

Or is it just a coincidence these elephants traveled 300km and just happened to target the persecutors?

I'll make you a deal.

Remember a few weeks ago there was a news story going around about the infant who was killed while sitting inside church with it's family by a stray bullet shot up in the air miles away?

I'll concede to you that the elephant massacre was retribution from god, if you'll concede that god hates small children.

Can't have it both ways.

ya never know maybe god does hate kids, personally ive always found them a bit weird

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join