Persecutors of Christians in India Attacked by Elephants.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In the month of July 2008 there were severe persecutions of Catholics and Protestants in the Indian State of Orissa. The atrocities included the to death of a young nun, the gang rape of another nun, and violent attacks on churches, homes and vehicles. In the end, some 500 Catholics and Protestants were killed, with several thousands of others injured or rendered homeless.

BBC News

Indian villagers flee elephants

Hundreds of villagers have been forced to take shelter in camps in the Indian state of Orissa after repeated attacks by a herd of elephants.

Seven people have been killed and several others injured in attacks by a herd of 12-13 elephants over the past few weeks in Kandhamal district.

Over 2,500 people living in 45 villages have been affected by the attacks, district chief Krishen Kumar said.

Wild animals have often entered villages and killed people in India.
Conservationists say this is because the natural habitats of the elephants are shrinking. They blame this on human encroachment, which means animals have to travel further for food.

It is, however, unclear why this herd of elephants migrated from the Lakheri sanctuary in a neighbouring district.

Mr Kumar told the BBC that 500 homes in some seven villages had been completely destroyed in the attacks, and about 500 residents had taken shelter in two camps.

While some are claiming the attacks are the result of shrinking natural habitats, there are others who see these events as divine justice for the events of July 2008:

In recent months, herds of wild elephants have begun to storm villages that are home to some of the worst persecutors of Christians during the troubles. In one village, where in August a year ago the Christians had to run for their lives while their homes were being destroyed by rioters, a herd of elephants emerged from the surrounding jungle exactly one year later, in July 2009, at the same time of the day of the attack.

These elephants first attacked a rock crusher machine owned by a key leader of the persecution movement. They then went on to destroy his house and farms.

It is, however, unclear why this herd of elephants migrated from the Lakheri sanctuary in a neighbouring district. He said the herd had travelled some 300km into Kandhamal, and even entered a town in the district. Wildlife officials were camping at the site of the attacks and trying to find out why the elephants had come out of their sanctuary. The villagers say elephants attack their areas in herds, causing heavy destruction.

Gaining momentum, they rampaged through other non-Christian homes, demolishing gardens and singling out the home of persecutors, leaving Christian homes untouched.

These strange attacks have spread, and according to a report, the elephants have already destroyed more than 700 houses in 30 villages, and killed five people. Nobody in this area has seen or even imagined the unique appearance of a herd of wild elephants such as this. The elephants are not ordinary elephants; they appear to be on a mission.

Typically, smaller elephants enter a village first, appearing to survey the community. They then rejoin the larger herd, and larger elephant soon follow and get the job done.

The ministry partner in India stated “We think that it might have something to do with the avenging the blood of martyrs. In fact the fear of God has fallen on the local people, who have labeled these elephants “Christian elephants.”

Source

The appearance of the “Christian Elephants” on the anniversary of the persecutions 300 km away from their normal habitat and their apparent targeting the homes of the persecutors while leaving Christian homes untouched lends credence to this theory.

Could this be an act of God, avenging the persecution of His followers? Is it Bad Karma maybe?

Or is it just a coincidence these elephants traveled 300km and just happened to target the persecutors?

[edit on 29-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That is an amazing story!

Just want to say "Thank You" for sharing it!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All I have to say is, God hear my prayer, the evil ones are located at AIG, GS, Morgan Chase, BofA, Beare Stearns, Federal Reserve, Tri-Lateral Commission, CFR, IMF, and many other locations.

God Bless and Peace.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah, that makes sense from a Christian point of view.

God sends elephants to attack, kill, and destroy houses because those people attacked, killed, and destroyed the houses of other people?

Some kind, loving, all forgiving God you got there.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Clearly, Ganesha does not approve of persecution of other faiths.

Coincidence most likely, it's hard to know why animals do the things they do sometimes; whether it was for lack of food in what was their normal habitat or not, it is certainly karmic in nature.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
All I have to say is, God hear my prayer, the evil ones are located at AIG, GS, Morgan Chase, BofA, Beare Stearns, Federal Reserve, Tri-Lateral Commission, CFR, IMF, and many other locations.

God Bless and Peace.

I'll be keeping my eye on the headlines for bankers getting their heads squished by elephants now.

Although IMHO, they deserve a LOT WORSE than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

But i bet when people do something bad and get away with it,you ask "Where's you God?" too.I could be wrong offcourse...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Star n Flag

SCORE ONE FOR THE ELEPHANTS AGAINST HEATHEN SKUM.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
According to the majority of Christians, the world is full of much more negativity and evil than good. Taking that common Christian view into account, I ponder the reason for why it is claimed a miracle from god when something positive happens, but when the overwhelming negativity and evil (in christain opinion) occurs, it has nothing to do with god? The common cop-out is sure to be that it is because of "Satan", but unknown to most every christain is the fact that the proper transulation of the title Satan has been grossly confused into a brain-washing, soul-snatcher, and powerful supernatural being. This is the direct result of listening to the money-hungry, fear-spewing preachers and pastors. Anyone whom takes the time to study the true meaning in the Hebrew language would understand that the proper transulation is a character having the traits of being the adversary of goodness. In many occurances in the bible it is even used in the PLURAL sense, which can never make sense if it is a name for a single being.

So with the common cop-out removed from this equation, why is the good occurances a miracle from god, but the bad nothing to do with god?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

God Bless and Peace.

If an elephant destroys a bank today, I will go to church every Sunday.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

No animal is crazy enough to set foot in a bank.They have good instict.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Many Christians believe, as I do, that God does not intervene on a day to day basis. He gave us free will and our lives are based on what we as a society do with it.

I do not belong to any church and probably never will. Organized religion is just that, organized.

I believe in the old analogy that the Earth is the Church and that we ALL are the parishioners.

That being said, God does work in mysterious ways.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
endisnighe, that is a good answer, and I can agree on that opinion.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 29-1-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Other than ethnic violence, if they were in fact killed because they were Christians, I say down with the infidels. Maybe a few lions ought to be set against them apart from just a few elephants. Besides this is something that is being carried out by certain tribal/forest people as well as dalits. They are not hindus.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
In the month of July 2008 there were severe persecutions of Catholics and Protestants in the Indian State of Orissa. The atrocities included the to death of a young nun, the gang rape of another nun, and violent attacks on churches, homes and vehicles. In the end, some 500 Catholics and Protestants were killed, with several thousands of others injured or rendered homeless.

BBC News

Indian villagers flee elephants

Hundreds of villagers have been forced to take shelter in camps in the Indian state of Orissa after repeated attacks by a herd of elephants.

Seven people have been killed and several others injured in attacks by a herd of 12-13 elephants over the past few weeks in Kandhamal district.

Over 2,500 people living in 45 villages have been affected by the attacks, district chief Krishen Kumar said.

Wild animals have often entered villages and killed people in India.
Conservationists say this is because the natural habitats of the elephants are shrinking. They blame this on human encroachment, which means animals have to travel further for food.

It is, however, unclear why this herd of elephants migrated from the Lakheri sanctuary in a neighbouring district.

Mr Kumar told the BBC that 500 homes in some seven villages had been completely destroyed in the attacks, and about 500 residents had taken shelter in two camps.

While some are claiming the attacks are the result of shrinking natural habitats, there are others who see these events as divine justice for the events of July 2008:

In recent months, herds of wild elephants have begun to storm villages that are home to some of the worst persecutors of Christians during the troubles. In one village, where in August a year ago the Christians had to run for their lives while their homes were being destroyed by rioters, a herd of elephants emerged from the surrounding jungle exactly one year later, in July 2009, at the same time of the day of the attack.

These elephants first attacked a rock crusher machine owned by a key leader of the persecution movement. They then went on to destroy his house and farms.

It is, however, unclear why this herd of elephants migrated from the Lakheri sanctuary in a neighbouring district. He said the herd had travelled some 300km into Kandhamal, and even entered a town in the district. Wildlife officials were camping at the site of the attacks and trying to find out why the elephants had come out of their sanctuary. The villagers say elephants attack their areas in herds, causing heavy destruction.

Gaining momentum, they rampaged through other non-Christian homes, demolishing gardens and singling out the home of persecutors, leaving Christian homes untouched.

These strange attacks have spread, and according to a report, the elephants have already destroyed more than 700 houses in 30 villages, and killed five people. Nobody in this area has seen or even imagined the unique appearance of a herd of wild elephants such as this. The elephants are not ordinary elephants; they appear to be on a mission.

Typically, smaller elephants enter a village first, appearing to survey the community. They then rejoin the larger herd, and larger elephant soon follow and get the job done.

The ministry partner in India stated “We think that it might have something to do with the avenging the blood of martyrs. In fact the fear of God has fallen on the local people, who have labeled these elephants “Christian elephants.”

Source

The appearance of the “Christian Elephants” on the anniversary of the persecutions 300 km away from their normal habitat and their apparent targeting the homes of the persecutors while leaving Christian homes untouched lends credence to this theory.

Could this be an act of God, avenging the persecution of His followers? Is it Bad Karma maybe?

Or is it just a coincidence these elephants traveled 300km and just happened to target the persecutors?

And you think that elephants have a problem with humans acting badly? They do their best to just survive. Please don't be so stupid to suggest that these great creatures are trying to deal with what we think is important. A large number of animals are not aware of our objective or awareness. Animals, the big ones and the tiny, belong to all of us if we have the appropriate power. Let us just leave them alone.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
BADASS. A group of heathen crushing assassin elephants.......it don't get much cooler than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There are things called plagues and if it effects the animals it will as well and if this is a small example then I hope people will wake up and see that. Remember if humans are attacked by sharks when dophins are around they will help us out, elephants are not stupid either they have good memories for animals.

At some point man will go mad and start killing each other, maybe the animals join in too at some point, it will be like a horror zombie movie when the seals are open.

Revelation 6
The Seals

7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
Text

Zechariah 14

13 On that day men will be stricken by the LORD with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
Text

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Aw for goodness sake I've heard some BS in my time but this takes the biscuit. So the the omnibenevolent vengeful turn the other cheek god has run out of lightening bolts and floods so sends in the elephants.

Makes you wonder what the hell Steve Irwin had been up to when the cameras weren't rolling.

No doubt the churches will be buzzing on Sunday with this story plus the added feature of the elephants congregating around a tree that looks remarkably not like a crucifix.

Gives a new dimension to god destroying with the sound of a trump, trump, trump lol

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Aw for goodness sake I've heard some BS in my time but this takes the biscuit. So the the omnibenevolent vengeful turn the other cheek god has run out of lightening bolts and floods so sends in the elephants.

Makes you wonder what the hell Steve Irwin had been up to when the cameras weren't rolling.

No doubt the churches will be buzzing on Sunday with this story plus the added feature of the elephants congregating around a tree that looks remarkably not like a crucifix.

Gives a new dimension to god destroying with the sound of a trump, trump, trump lol

You could have a point there. A group of the persecuted Christians may have trained the elephants to attack the villages in order to get revenge. There's no more evidence to support a "trained elephant theory" than there is supporting the "Christian Elephant" theory though.

For all we know the elephants could just be imitating the behavior they wittnessed in 2008 (If they were in the area to wittness it).

Whatever the REAL cause of the elephant attacks, it's still a great story.

People will believe what they want to believe. In the end we may never know what caused this.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

oh yeah lets forgive the people who gang raped and murdered innocent nuns its ok hey maybe you can get together and have lunch sometime since they like to go around persecuting people for their religious beliefs. They needed to be punished and so thats exactly what happened such foul souls deserve it.
Im sorry you cant see the light.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join