It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Election Protesters Executed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They were taken to court and charged with contacting US intelligence agents in Iraq, cooperating with the “Anjoman-e Padeshahi-e Iran” and attempting to overthrow the Iranian Government , found guilty and given the death sentence . His operation was also to identify senior offices within the government for prospective bombing by mossad .Due process of law ensued .

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The Al Jazeera report says

The pair were convicted of being "Mohareb" or enemies of God, and members of the Kingdom's Assembly, an outlawed pro-monarchist group and the People's Mujahideen, a religious movement.

and

They were also charged with plotting to topple the Iranian government, ISNA said quoting officials.

english.aljazeera.net...

That seems kind of vague to me. Almost as though they came up with those as excuses, after the fact. Especially that whole "enemies of God" thing.

I know we can't compare legal definitions of ours and theirs, but treason (here) requires an overt act. Just "plotting" is not sufficient for conviction, much less execution.

Honestly I wouldn't expect a full or complete story out of Iran or out of the Western Intelligence Agencies and press.

Sometimes in things like these who is selected for execution is designed to send a powerful private message to a handful of people in the know.

They don't actually bother to reveal who that message is being sent to (say for example the CIA) but the recipient gets the message loud and clear without a caption on the post card.

If the Iranian regime isn't divulging details its because they don't want the general propulace to know the scope of who all is involved for political reasons of their own.

I gaurantee you the men weren't picked at random.

They never are in situations like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of how a revolution without the possiblity of violence and the ability to arm yourself is pointless. People like the Iranian regime only know violence and power. So to all you King and Gandhi fans take note. Revolutions aren't won through peace signs and marches. They are won through blood and sacrfice. God bless the Iranian people and I hope they can perservere and change their government.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
Due process of law ensued .

Source?

Let me guess

Press TV.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You would not need a news source to deduce that by the virtue of the fact he was hung , vindicates the postulation that the process of law of the land was indeed subsequent and ensuing.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Oh I have no doubt that the "LAW" of the land was carried out.

This however doesn't make it right nor does it insure peace. In their attempt to quell the growing grass roots movement within Iran by laying blame elsewhere and then executing their own citizens in the name of God will only insure their own fate.

In my not so humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My hearts go out to their families. They were brave for their work to set an example and its very hard for anyone to stand up. We need solidarity across this planet. We need to send light, and hold light over the planet and the continents and the people.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Oh I have no doubt that the "LAW" of the land was carried out.

This however doesn't make it right nor does it insure peace. In their attempt to quell the growing grass roots movement within Iran by laying blame elsewhere and then executing their own citizens in the name of God will only insure their own fate.

In my not so humble opinion.

That is ok , I know some nations around the world do not approve of trial in a court of law. We are all individually susceptible to our own national customs to some extent.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I really don't think this is the first known opposistion execution. I'm sure it happened many times before unreported.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
you guys feel sorry for a couple of guys thousands of miles away in a political battle that lost? really?

how do you feel about wedding parties getting bombed by american predators in pakistan?

how do you feel about 100,000 plus non combatants being killed in Iraq during the US and UK occupation?

why would you pine for the lives of 2 people that you really don't know even half the truth of the story about but remain bluntly silent about verifiable killings that were unjust and wrong by your countrymen and by your government and by virtue of your tax dollar, YOU.

comments? discussion?

how do you feel about the unjust killings of innocent people in south africa? Ivory coast? Argentina? Colombia? What's that? you're unaware?

Of course you are.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz = you.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

We did this to Our own people?

[edit on 29-1-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for bringing this to light slayer, as always I enjoy your threads even though I don't always reply. I just hope all of those people from the thread trying to act like admadinejad is a saint come and post here. Because it's just ironic I talked about protestors being jailed in that thread and now their being hung!!!! Geez really people can we all just unite against this common evil?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Again we're talking about the unlawful killings of one's own populus! The casualties of war you speak of hold no grounds here because their on a different note but like the 3 other posts I've read like yours, the easiest defense to give for such a villianous man is to bring up war casualties of the next. Why else post everything the "US" is doing as a negative and then act as if "Iran" is doing what... good?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Ya sounds like a whole lot of "ifs" "ands" and "buts" if you ask me. Seems to be the easiest way to get rid of opposition... kill them. Sadam did the same and he made up a grocery list of charges as well. Sadly no body seems to be seeing the repeat in history here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This story, while sad, is not everything it seems to be.

Like someone else said, these people were NOT picked at random.
You see, if it were as simple as that, it wouldn't matter because the backlash would be severe. Especially in a country that is already as destabilized as Iran is.

Treason sucks. I mean, I could have it on good information that whatever my Government is up to is flat wrong, but unless people are willing to back me up, in mass, in order to change it, I am fighting a losing battle.

Ask Jesus what treason is all about. Often times, you don't even have to really DO anything. Sometimes a person's philosophy can be enough to have them killed if the Government views them as a potential threat. WTFover is correct in saying that for the literal definition of treason to be committed, you need to commit an overt act of defiance, or aggression. Problem is, the world doesn't always work that way.

Once again, this story is horrible and I am not apologizing for the Iranian Government. I'm just sayin.

Furthermore, I like to think that America needs to shore up its own shortcomings before we start to point the collective finger at other Governments.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ya twitter is a outside element and so is the internet... Actually what your doing right now is against the law in Iran. So where's that put you? Right on the chopping block next to these guys. Good thing this country isn't Iran eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Once again, this story is horrible and I am not apologizing for the Iranian Government. I'm just sayin.

Furthermore, I like to think that America needs to shore up its own shortcomings before we start to point the collective finger at other Governments.

Well I'm not the "American Government" They killed their own people to make an example. Too many people want to deflect the topic by bringing up what the US and everybody and their brother has done meanwhile back in Iran 9 more are about ready to be executed.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yet another example of how Barbaric Iran's current leadership is.....

I salute these men for they know the consequences of staying quiet. They know that the only chance they have to stop an inevitable strike/invasion by the US/Israel/UN is to get up and revolt. If they can overthrow these Barbarians themselves then they would pretty much guarantee a peaceful resolution in the long run.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That last part was just a side note, slayer.
My personal thoughts on the matter.
The rest of my post, the part that you didn't quote, was how I felt about the executions.

Sorry you don't like what I had to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We want regime change here in the West and the Shah’s son wants his throne back and naturally how things are being presented to us are designed to play at our emotions to justify those things and support those things.

Yet the true depth and breadth of dissatisfaction in Iran is not anywhere of the magnitude that it is being reported to us. Nor are the actual intentions of any of the rival factions looking to gain power. Mousavi was in fact the Iranian President who helped fund the founding of Hezbollah in Lebanon and was implicated in the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut that killed over 600 U.S. Marines.
I can’t imagine who amongst us, or who in our government really wants him back in power.

You make many assumptions there. I haven't heard yet where the US Government has stated that they want the Son to come to power. It does make for a great conspiracy topic though.

With regards to those in their population protesting now vs 1978. Many assume that only the younger college age students are protesting meanwhile the few videos that are released show many from all walks of life and age groups. "Shop Owners Average Joe Iranian" in the streets.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join