It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang shoot Belfast homeowner to get guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Gang shoot Belfast homeowner to get guns

news.bbc.co.uk

Legally-held guns have been stolen from two houses in west Belfast, with one man being shot when he refused to give a gang his firearms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yesterday I posted the fiollowing: Man who attacked intruder freed.

Today, I find the above. The guy refused to give the guns and got shot. Surely, this is the time to defend, to respond in like. Yesterday, I stated minimum force. After reading this, I would not have refused, I would have opened fire.

Had the man handed over the firearms, would the gang have left him in peace? I think not. I still think that they would have shot him.

Now, bearing in mind, yesterday's post, could I please have your thoughts?

By the way, thank you all for yesterday's replies. It made very intereting reading and illustrated just how passionate you are about defending your own.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/1/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

[edit on 21/1/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I woulda shot them!

The gang is on his property telling him to give over his weapons to them. Yeah I woulda shot'em dead. Defend!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by capgirl]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The fool! He should have offered his life and all his possessions to the criminals.

He would probably reduce his risk of being sued by the criminals if he bound his hands before doing this - that way he can only be charged for verbal assault.

Perhaps one should also gag oneself along with binding ones own hands and feet. These simple measures would greatly reduce the chances of being sued or brought up on charges.

*Or you could do the right thing and risk getting sent to prison, sued, economically devastated, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I thought guns were band in all of UK, guess not, I know in England the crooks were laughing when they band all guns.
The people in England who compete in the Olympics shooting, have to practice in another country.

But that will happen, the gettin rob and shot part, if you let people know you have a lot of guns they will come steal them and shoot you if they can.
The laws are so messed up now days, if you don't protect your self the right way you will be sued, and put in jail.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Northern Ireland is not England

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Hand guns are banned within Great Britain - not Northern Ireland or the channel island.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In Northern Ireland things are slightly different- I would imagine some paramilitary involvement and if you shoot such people you had better leave the country, sad but true

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I had no idea things were still so bad up there.

Well, I would not blame anyone to have a gun at the ready.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Guns are only useful if A) you have access to them and B) they're loaded.
Poor guy was missing a letter if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I thought guns were band in all of UK, guess not, I know in England the crooks were laughing when they band all guns.
The people in England who compete in the Olympics shooting, have to practice in another country.

But that will happen, the gettin rob and shot part, if you let people know you have a lot of guns they will come steal them and shoot you if they can.
The laws are so messed up now days, if you don't protect your self the right way you will be sued, and put in jail.

Who banned all guns? Someone should have told me, because my Dad's perfectly legal shotgun is in the attic, and i'm a bit worried i might be breaking the law, seeing as ALL GUNS ARE BANNED.

You think they would have told him at the police station when he went to get his firearms certificate, wouldn't you.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Not completely banned, but HEAVILY HEAVILY regulated and you must have a legitimate "sporting" or occupational reason for having one, and even then it is subject to a lot of conditions

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I wonder if the region has one of those "you can have guns but they have to be locked up in some vault a hundred yards from the ammo" laws. If so he wouldn't have been able to defend himself. At least not without an admission that he was breaking a law.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I wonder if the region has one of those "you can have guns but they have to be locked up in some vault a hundred yards from the ammo" laws. If so he wouldn't have been able to defend himself. At least not without an admission that he was breaking a law.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

that would be pretty much the conditions for ownership

(like I say, the problem in NI as well is what happens if you shoot these people, who could very likely be something other than the "ordinary" criminal and be paramilitary related- in which case you are in big problems)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

It's hard to get all the facts correct when your in different country, here in the USA it is also hard to keep up as the laws do veri from state to state.

I know several contries have band guns to some extent, like I'm pretty sure in Australia all your allowed own is single shot, shot gun, I give my ten year old one of those.

I always thought England was kind of backward anyhow, seems they would allow Bobbys to have pistols, this may have changed?

The gun lobby on info, works both ways, I don't know all about you blokes, but I know i'm packin a legal S&W 40 cal. 14 round magazine, four clips, back here in the good ole USA, and I don't think I want to spend 10 grand on that 50 cal. but that 338 mag kit looks good even at $3,500, I also like that, marine verson Mossberg 12 gage, pump with pistol grips and the short barrel for around $475, you need special permit for the real short barrel

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As far as I know the gang, after shooting the first victim and taking his guns, then drove a short distance to another house, where a relative of the first victim lived, and then robbed him of his legally held firearms too. Over here legally held weapons are supposed to be kept in a locked guncase.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzrti
Over here legally held weapons are supposed to be kept in a locked guncase.

A lot of good it does considering 100% of all home invasions happen in the home.

new topics

top topics

join