It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS, among other indepenent websites!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: S&F!

And here is Australia's BRAND NEW frontline trench [called the "Pit" funnily enough!
] on that cyberwarfare battlefront, with it's special army of 50+ and soon to be 130+ Aussie digger DSD cyberwarriors soon to be posting ATS threads in an ATS forum subscribed to by you!

Really!!!

Wow I didn't know there were people on ATS interested in hacking into the Australian Defence Department computers.

Where are these fiends? And what's more, where are the threads where they are plotting their crimes??

They must be very covert -

The Defence Minister John Faulkner opened the facility which will employ 130 staff within five years.

He's revealed last year there were 200 attempts every month to hack into the Defence computer system.

because I've never seen a single person mention it. Are you reading their U2U's??

Holy Moley!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In the OP's defense, this is already happening but the agency is about to step their game up, ATS is on their list.

Several have made condescending remarks regarding "why is this site so important?"and "don't they have better things to do." The truth is, this is very important to them.

Let's bounce around an idea that originated here. The ones who won't go quietly, what then? Fema camps? It is easier to control the masses without thousands speaking out against you and literally fighting you every step of the way. The plan is to shut you up! We should be very aware of the fact we are being monitored, every one of us.

The warning I received, "tread cautiously"

[edit on 19-1-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Awesome, you mean some government agents are reading my posts! They will digest articles on the fractal nature of human consciousness, and how reality is also a product of cognitive brain function acting as a neurological rendering farm.

Wow... what they will do with such profound knowledge is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That's his response to "The Obama Deception".

No doubt that is exactly what triggered this latest adventure.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First sign of paranoia is to look at the people , and if they look back the paranoid tend to think, are they looking at me? why? what do they want? .what are they after?
Sad that disinfo agents , or those that covertly spy on sites like this do so and will gleefully collect money to do it, simply because they think they wouldn't have a valid opinion themselves, as soon as these 'dis info agents' realise they are people the same as us, and don't have to be sycophants then maybe the world could be more honest with itself.
I pity disinfo agents as they have to be told what to think, they can't make their own minds up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well, to be perfectly honest, they don't even really need to follow through on this.
They just have to release information to make everyone believe it's being done.
Then people's paranoia will fill in the blanks, tensions will rise and people will start turning on each other.
Eventually, sites like this will tear themselves apart from the inside, and not an ounce of government effort was wasted.
Pretty clever.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

So do we Hold them or Fold them

I say fold, bend, spindle, and mutilate.
Oh, and then stuff 'em in the back pocket of a giant pair of jeans and wash 'em til they get wet and disgusting.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

This info for the most of us has been known for a long time. That is where your assumption is wrong.

We have no idea who endisnighe is. It is just like everything else, you have to look beyond the agenda and see what is being stated.

They fail on that component alone. Since I joined here, it looks to me like the rabid Dem and/or Repub are beginning to see the problem of party politics.

That right there shows your assumption to be untrue. Just stick to your beliefs and that is all that it will take to bring down the control.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Good... maybe we can get one on here and beat them fair and square in a debate concerning the anomalies that occurred on 9/11.

It is impossible to convince someone of the truth when your arsenal is full of lies.

It is a logical fallacy. It is impossible based on the principles of deductive reasoning.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, finally an interesting post.

I'm probably going to annoy a lot of people from here on out since I got that compliment out of the way.

If I were MERCK, I'd be posting agents here -- because I'd want first access to people who really need antidepressants.

But the quality of "conspiracies here" has been going down. 9/11 was an inside job -- I agree. But the Norwegian spiral was a spinning rocket. Haiti is not being destroyed by HARP because -- where is the profit in turning a wage slave country into rubble?

I am very willing to entertain all sorts of ideas -- because the truth and the Universe are far more amazing than we know.

But first, I need to hear PLAUSIBLE things, with a bit more thought to them.

The "conspiracies" being outed on this website about Obama, are about 30 years cold on the trail of crap that has happened since Reagan. The damage has already been done and your Democracy turned into a Kleptocracy long before you noticed the "Obama FEMA camps" -- that were built in 1983.

The Kenyan Drivers licenses -- that's also got to have the Powers That Be so very frightened.

I think that there are websites out there, where people who might have been ex-military and actually KNOW how to do something that would be of more interest than a website where the scientific knowledge is so damn pitiful. This President really does have to get the Secret Service to monitor a lot more people because there have never been more threats -- but this one? Mostly harmless. It's more because to be a credible worry -- you have to have an attention span of more than a day on what the greatest threat to the world is.

>> Sorry if this offends the "posting guidelines" but conspiracies are not caused by your INFLATED EGO. Get over yourselves ATS and actually do some homework -- there are all sorts of conspiracies going on -- that's how rich people get rich after all.
But when you are chasing crop circles and 3-year-old Manchurian Candidate theories, I think you are more of a danger to yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Like I said - the best way to hide a real conspiracy isn't to deny it. It is to bury it under ten thousand pounds of crappola.

You can make a real issue become associated to things that annoy the thoughtful person, then people won't look at it.

Is a DUMB real? Sure. Is it necessary associated to shapeshifting child raping ex-dinosaur gods? Probably not. But hey, if you can make the two become mentally and socially entangled, you've got not just a hiding spot in the ground, but a hiding spot in people's heads.

Awesome stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've noticed a recent spate of new registrees (often with numbers after their names, like "ThinkHappyThoughts 3312," to pick a fictional example) popping up and disappearing overnight. Such new registrees often seem to only pop in and out of threads to derail or "debunk" any "gloom and doom talk."

For example, you might be reading a serious, well-researched, statistics-laden thread and then suddenly a newly-registeed poster (with a post count of, say, one or two; registered same day) will interject with a one-or-two liner like:

-"Chicken littles have been around forever, don't listen to this doom and gloom talk, the recovery is strongly under way and only losers are perma-bears."
-"There are so many exciting new developments going now in tech and the markets, I can't see why anyone would want to obsessively focus on the negative. There must be something wrong with such people."
-"I don't know what you are talking about, the shops and malls around here are full to bursting with consumers spending real money."

These "people" interject suddenly, add no statics, links, or proof...its always random anecdotal evidence or some kind of thinly-veiled ad-hominim attack. Then, after making three or four posts here and there, they vanish, never to be heard from again.

Really makes me wonder...is there a bustle in our headgegrow?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Let me be devils advocate for a moment.

The internet is a powerful tool. People fall victim to web scams etc all the time. Etc etc.

The internet reaches MILLIONS. Even Billions. How easy is it to convince people to arm themselves and resort to violence against a government?
Especially when the sheeple are awakening faster than ever. Where can they go to discover alternative information?

I highly doubt they want to put the kibosh on discussing alternative topics. I believe its a tool to discover anyone recruiting for and against laws to "prove a point" using violence etc.

And don't tell me is crap to even restrict like that. Especially when ATS itself takes measures against recruiting etc....

The sad thing is they seem to be classing every conspiracy theorist as a wacko.

I took my meds today, so I'm certifiably "sane". Woo.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have to agree with your statement where is Obama and his golems are getting their money? besides robbing people. How are they going to pay their "agents/gestapo/spies" and not to mention the billion dollar war, and all the propaganda...america is already in debt and its not 25 trillion dollar its OVER 100 trillion dollars..

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm surprised at the number of people in this forum that sound as though they think this is some new revelation and not something that has already been going on. It's easy enough to spot the infiltrators, especially the ones who are the "skeptics" who bash conspiracy theorists and their websites, but ultimately are repeat visitors. If you truly thought conspiracy theory websites were nothing but a joke, why would you even bother to visit them? Why would you spend so much time and energy on something you believe to be the talk of crazies?

If nothing else, websites like ATS are a good place for the government to monitor the effectiveness of their latest propaganda campaigns and to see what their next strategy should be, not to mention they are useful for identifying those they believe to be a threat, just as MySpace, Facebook, and many of the social networking sites do.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Sunstein advocates that the Government's stealth infiltration should be accomplished by sending covert agents into "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups.

I see them starting out a as covert agents but i also see if they start getting there point across or think they are they will morph into a elect democrats and stab republicans in the back with false stories group.

In other way a democrat Internet hit squad. and they will use a mix of taxpayer and party soft money.

Then i see a whistleblower burning them and we will have even more problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you, finally another person who follows what I've been saying.

YES we have all known about this sort of thing going on but now it is being broadcast to the public. This is probably to generate more fear among us, but we must stand true to our facts - the things we know and hold true and would die for while fighting to get these facts out.

You all can act like this is 'new news' but in reality this is new news. Where in the past have you seen actual proof that there were agents on this site, or any others, monitoring us? None. But now they are telling us, which means they want us to freak out and want us to stop spreading truth. Well I for one will not stop telling the truth and will continue to spread it as much as possible.

This is the reason I made the thread, for those of you who are taking it completely wrong then don't post, don't read my threads, I don't really care. Seriously I post a damn article and 75% of you want to give me crap about it? Are you for real? Give me a break I was just sharing info that's all.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That was my opinion.
How is my opinion wrong?
What was I assuming?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Well, to be perfectly honest, they don't even really need to follow through on this. They just have to release information to make everyone believe it's being done. Then people's paranoia will fill in the blanks, tensions will rise and people will start turning on each other. Maybe for a few. Just a component of their manipulation. Eventually, sites like this will tear themselves apart from the inside, and not an ounce of government effort was wasted.Only sites that have been set up to cause the problems they want to instill. Sites that are long standing and have good and honest member will not be bothered at all. There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself. Pretty clever.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Okay man.
You go on being an idealist, I hope it works out for you.
You still haven't adequately described how my opinion was wrong.
You just added your own stuff to it, that hardly counts.

And another thing, how long a site as been around for has nothing to do with anything.
Good an honest members?
Are you for real?
No one knows any more about each other on this site than anyone else, any of us could be anybody.
It couldn't be all that hard to begin to start singling out people and sway them to your opinion, if worded properly.
Perhaps tug at their heart strings or stroke their ego.
People are fairly easy to predict, generally speaking.
How do you think cults are formed?
It's not really all that difficult.

Although, I'm entertained that you like to single me out on a lot of threads.
Perhaps there's something about me that you're threatened by?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join