It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS, among other indepenent websites!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i already saw couple of those here, the more hussled-up they are to convince you 'otherwise' and pinch you the 'wikipedia stuff' - the more you believe 'original story'

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
So no skeptics in this thread? So nobody can point out that this is a proposal, not by Obama himself but by an underling? Nobody can point out that law enforcement has been doing things like this to dangerous groups such as the mafia and gangs for ages? Nobody can question the paranoia of the anti-government groups?

Finally nobody can ask the biggest question here: Are these groups really actually dangerous enough to warrant this kind of action, especially if they may be plotting some kind of harm?

Got it OP, you've silenced me, I won't ask...

All I meant by no skeptics is that there is no skepticism anymore about whether or not there are dis-info agents around. How can you say that is not true considering the circumstances surrounding the OP?

Also, for those of you who think they wouldn't watch ATS, think about it... we try and expose the truth before it's even lied about within the MSM to the mass. If some 'agent' can derail a thread concerning a real threat to society, would that not be a success for them? I would think so.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And my bad for the re-post. The article is different than the other, but I see now that they have the same story going on basically so sorry about that.

And to everyone posting in this thread - where did I say this was new news? I was just showing an article proving now that there really is something going on with the whole 'dis-info' agents and such, nothing more nothing less. For those of you who added to the OP and then others decide to believe that I had something to do with those posts you're just pulling words from my mouth.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In another thread I spoke of doubts pertaining to ATS being infiltrated by disinfo agents. However, after having a thread of mine rail roaded, the mods actively allowing it to happen, and now this thread, I say that when ATS is penetrated it will start at the top and work its way down.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meesterjojo
Jesus. Way to fearmonger. Way to use the tactics of your supposed enemies.

Well, at least you didn't bother to read the whole article, which had some interesting points in it. But then reading, and promoting reading an entire (shew so long) article would be counter productive, eh fearmonger?

Fearmonger fearmonger fearmonger fearmonger.

Oh- this is old new, note the date on your article, come back here and look for anything on this very topic which may have already been reported.

Late to the party, but your tin-foil hat still grants you admission, fearmonger.
Calling him a fearmonger repeatedly is counter productive.

And what points are you talking about?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hmm so ATS could be infiltrated and monitored by some government alphabet-soup agency, no big surprise there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Hmm so ATS could be infiltrated and monitored by some government alphabet-soup agency, no big surprise there.
Ya, anybody on here could be anybody. No one ever knows. People could very easily redirect IP addresses. I could be Obama for all you know.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yeah, there could be some pretty influential people on here like that, who knows?

So it never pays to make lots of enemies.

D'OH!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Exactly, thanks. And I did read the whole article, I was just pointing out the things that people would find most interesting which would lead them to read the rest of the article. How am I, or anyone interested in this article and sharing it, promoting fear? Do you think this makes any of us afraid to tell the truth or post what things we have found out to be true? NO! If it has then you are obviously eating up the OP way too much. My point was to share with everyone that we are being monitored, or at least possibly monitored but after seeing the word 'conspiracy' within the article I thought it would obviously apply to this website considering it is the largest conspiracy website online... so where is the logic and the facts to say I'm spreading fear? That's the last thing I would do in this world, I spread love & light.

And yes, we have no idea who we are talking too. Very true. Using U2Us is not even safe (which we all know). If anyone is trying to get information out of you, even in a friendly manner, I suggest you stop talking to them unless you have a reason to trust them. Share your info with everyone, not just a certain person(s).

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is the next right to be attacked and it will go further if we let it. We have already lost most of this right. The internet is really the only part left. The internet is the most uncontrolled form of information and you really have to be careful which doors you open, but the right ones lead you to the truth and it is only a matter of time as more and more people discover this. It makes sense they would monitor certain sites, Im sure they already do. This will not stop people from finding the truth. I mean people monitor what they do so its only fair right. hehe

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Hello,
This would be designed to increase citizens' faith in government officials and undermine the credibility of conspiracists. It's written in black and white.

[edit on (1/18/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I know this unrelated to your post, but you should definitely change the title. Obama didn't propose this, Cass did.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Welcome to the board, Sunshine, er, I mean Sunstein!

There is a place for conspiracy theorists. I hear many hollywood writers plunder these boards for our ideas.

And as far as gubmint conspiracies....well, once you catch someone lying, it's hard to trust them again. They have to do a lot to prove themselves to get in your good graces again.

If you are going to send out covert spy teams, I suggest you start with your fellow politicians. Infiltrate the lobbyists and find out which of our reps are accepting bribes and "gifts" in exchange for passing legislature for evil corporate moves or turning their heads to religious charlatans who bilk the uneducated.

Maybe there is less $$ in working for the good guys, but at the end of the day you will feel good about yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Meanwhile it is true that there are people who throw in the "disinfo agent" title a little too often and for no other reason than because the other person, or people just disagree with them, in this case you are wrong.

If you had read even the excerpt made by the OP you would have seen that this does includes websites like ATS.

Sunstein advocates that the Governments stealth infiltration should be accomplished by sending covert agents into "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups." He also proposes that the Government make secret payments to so-called "independent" credible voices to bolster the Government's messaging (on the ground that those who don't believe government sources will be more inclined to listen to those who appear independent while secretly acting on behalf of the Government). This program would target those advocating false "conspiracy theories," which they define to mean: "an attempt to explain an event or practice by reference to the machinations of powerful people, who have also managed to conceal their role."

www.salon.com...

Edited from first page and all credit goes to the OP, and to the original link.

Are you telling us that ATS is not an online "social network" where "conspiracy theories are discussed and most of such conspiracy theories show a link to the machintions of powerful people"?

C'mon....

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Best Action against this are Telling ATS Members to stop Hating Obama or/and Islam for good

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

If there was any questioning of paranoia to be had, it is whether or not the fact that they are doing only solidifies our positions.

How can you distinguish your positions from their positions? Ever heard of sting operation, or an agent provocateur?

Revolution, anyone?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Whats the difference in them getting information on ATS and you and I getting information on ATS.They know what we think?GOOD. Maybe they will get their heads out their butts and take heed.
After all, if your sharing information that can convict you, maybe you shouldn't be posting it here.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I will believe it when Alex Jones gets yanked, or thrown in Jail.

I am new to all of this conspiracy stuff, but he had me all freaked out about those -forced injections- which turned out to be bull.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a little cleaning up done.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Whats the difference in them getting information on ATS and you and I getting information on ATS.They know what we think?GOOD. Maybe they will get their heads out their butts and take heed.
After all, if your sharing information that can convict you, maybe you shouldn't be posting it here.

what a joke you just made. You just got done posting the "Son's of Liberty" video talking about how cool they were and how you wanted to sign up. Considering what they said in the video... talking about pre-emptive attacks. There is something up with you buddy, I can't believe the audacity of your post.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chastral

You must be confused.think about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join