It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS, among other indepenent websites!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They likely are already here.

Undercover disinfo agents and now likely looking for threats.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well in case they are all ready in ATS, this what am going to said, you all can kiss my big Latino butt for what I care, I stand behind my rights to free expression I am to the point in my life that I don't give a crap what the government does anymore to step on our rights.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
This just gives ammo to the tinfoilers that call anyone that disagrees with them 'dis-info agents' or 'debunkers'. LOL, I am sure you guys hate it when people use facts and logic to show your posts to be wrong. Personally, if I post something, and someone can show facts showing I was wrong, I don't mind it. Means I learned something new. But some of you are so mentally fragile, you cannot even allow yourself to think your out-there ideas are not true and wrong.

Yes, this Czar of Obama's proposed this before he worked for Obama. Yes, it is wrong if they do this. But, sorry to say, they weren't talking about sites and groups like ATS. They were talking about the chat rooms that 'domestic terrorists' discuss their ideas. And the groups that plan those activities. If people on ATS do that, then I would argue they are sloppy and bound to be unsuccessful in their aims regardless.

My main point is simple; most people that disagree are not dis-info agents! Debate is healthy, blind agreement isn't.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by johnny2127]

Congratulations you not only positioned yourself to have superior intellect, an inside track on government intentions and desires, and developing policy awareness, but you also managed to be arrogant and insulting and judgemental. Youre very unique arent you? Youre here yet you judge and make fun of others.....here?
(scratches head and adjusts tin foil hat).
If theyre open about it and talking about it, and the underlings pretty much do what they want to, and he put him in charge and its his original idea and he wants limited verbal personal freedoms and is questioning the 2nd ammendment interpretation, I'm gonna guess IF ONE SLICE of america is under the magnifying glass, SO IS THE SLICE YOURE SITTING ON. Geez Louise!
And all that basic thinking with a tin foil hat on my head.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

He also proposes that the Government make secret payments to so-called "independent" credible voices to bolster the Government's messaging (on the ground that those who don't believe government sources will be more inclined to listen to those who appear independent while secretly acting on behalf of the Government).

I was wondering why they haven't paid me yet ... I can't wait to receive my first check!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
Half the members here on ATS are Freemasons. The irony of course is a lot of presidents have been Freemasons.

What do freemasons have to with this? And we havent had a pres that was a mason in quite a while.

Masons are into conspiracies and things just like anyone else.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The people they hire probably can't even comprehend 90% of the content here. Obviously, We are getting something right. If they have to hire officials to see what information we really know.

As long as nothing malicious is posted here and everyone stays between the
guidelines, We're not in any threat from our government.

It's sad I have to say, "We're not in any threat from our government."

Isn't it?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They'll need a never-ending supply of fresh covert-agents then

because reading all the posts in all the alternative-news websites around the clock would send the 'agents' insane very swiftly

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What do you mean among other "independent" sites? Countless people have already pretty much proven this site to be traced to the department of defense. It's not like it's not already being monitored..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I must say I am shocked that many members here, including ones Iv had disagreement with in the past, are telling it exactly like it is. I mean this guy proposed this in college before he joined with Obama. In addition to this who's to say this hasnt been done? Since 2003 there have been agents monitoring chatrooms for terrorists, threats and its always constantly on the news. I mean really now? Are we suppose to be shocked?

The biggest threat to the truth on here is not the skeptics or the critics but those individuals who tag right along and take in anything that comes out of the OP's mouth.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I really thought this was old news, as part of the patriot act, and the law that forces all cell phone/ISP providers to keep and store the last 90 days of all actions for whatever reason......evidence I'm sure!

There would be no reason for tem to interact with the sites directly IMO, they can already access the last 90 days of any and everyones, calls texts and PC messages.
They had to include ISP's due to the blackberry style phone and its inception, but hey maybe I am wrong and mis-understood what I read.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In all likelihood the Department of Defense already has people they are paying all over ATS. The DoD has already admitted they pay bloggers and others to push DoD agendas online, whether trying to discredit various "conspiracy theories" or whatever. The FBI has also tried to instigate terrorist events online and then moves in and arrests whoever falls for it.

So it's already happening, and they're already here amongst us, in all likelihood. Obama's advisor isn't asking for anything new. Maybe they'll just expand these programs and make it even more public knowledge that they're doing it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Dear friend
Obama doesn't know that he can secretelly check the ATS members, but extraterrestrial aliens living on Earth are checking and supervising him and his "redicolous" staff

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
The people they hire probably can't even comprehend 90% of the content here.

Yeah, I find it hard to comprehend what topics exactly they are paying people to look for, or what kind of "suspicious" activity they're going to find on 99% of these threads. Unless they are just going to straight try to arrest anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job, but good luck with that, because there are tens of thousands of us at least, including many military veterans. Freedom of speech. Maybe even the rats that are reading all of this stuff will have a change of heart and introduce some corruption of their own into the system when they realize we are normal people in a very strange world.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's typical from megalomaniacs and control freaks to see enemies everywhere. Personally I come here for entertainment because I enjoy reading opinions and stories that are not mainstream. There are real threats in the world but this forum is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What is the best way to hide a truth that is not convenient, but that people have already heard or has already been published?

Heap ten thousand pounds of crap on top of it, and hammer it over and over. So that way, if anyone ever hears the truth again they will associate it with crap, stupidity, or at worst you give a just a little bit of plausible disbelief.

I would have always been watching forums. And if I saw anything that I didn't like people knowing, I'd ENCOURAGE sites like this and just put out just enough truth and encourage just enough crazy people with back pats to start the process off and then monitor it in case the # needs stirring more.

One way is to control all the information and only dole out a bit.

The other is to know you cannot control all the information, so flood everyone with so much of information - good and bad - that they cannot tell the difference or give up and decide to only care about Britney Spears boobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If someone has posted this already forgive me.

This has been well covered in this thread by Protoplasmic Traveler.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

But this is important enough for another thread to run, so carry on!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
u know all they have to is say they are going to start infiltrating sites and everyone will start freaking out about it right ? they dont have to send any disinfo people anywhere because sites like ats will continue to perpetuate its own disinfoers and all they`ll have to do is sit back during their lunchbreaks and lol @ everything posted here

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginalI would have thought this was going on a long time ago! We the people can't do or say anything that the gov. doesn't know about one way or another. I would just say watch what you say on here and try your best to stay out of trouble along the way. I have learned a lot being a part of ATS, would hate to loose this site!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Congratulations you not only positioned yourself to have superior intellect, an inside track on government intentions and desires, and developing policy awareness, but you also managed to be arrogant and insulting and judgemental. Youre very unique arent you? Youre here yet you judge and make fun of others.....here?
(scratches head and adjusts tin foil hat).
If theyre open about it and talking about it, and the underlings pretty much do what they want to, and he put him in charge and its his original idea and he wants limited verbal personal freedoms and is questioning the 2nd ammendment interpretation, I'm gonna guess IF ONE SLICE of america is under the magnifying glass, SO IS THE SLICE YOURE SITTING ON. Geez Louise!
And all that basic thinking with a tin foil hat on my head.

Look friend, the reality of the fact is, there really are paranoid schizophrenics on ATS that do think everyone including the govt are out to get them. Additionally, many people on here really do call anyone that disagrees with them or their theories as 'dis-info agents' or 'debunkers'. I think we have all seen this. That isn't conservative or liberal, both have their nut jobs. Now if the reality isn't nice to say to some people, I am sorry they feel that way. How is it mean to bring facts to the debate, within a free forum, and then those facts show someone's rant or hypothesis to be incorrect?

From anyone that has read what I write, they know I am by no means at all an Obama supporter. Actually I would say I am mostly a critic of Obama. So for me to take something that would criticize him and his administration and say 'Hold on guys, lets calm down and not be ridiculous', that says something. If they do in fact put into action any of this Czar's ideas that he proposed before coming to work for Obama, then I will shout about them. But as of now,none of that is happening that wasn't before. The OP took an old video, and said that this guy said they were going to monitor ATS specifically, which he never said.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

How about some examples of your statement please? Seriously, please provide some examples.

And to answer you question; the reason I am 'down' on Obama is because of all of his campaign lies and how he undermining democracy every step of the way.

OK, then I would like some examples from you of what lies Obama is telling and what he is doing to undermine democracy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join