It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Play

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Excuse me if another topic has done this in the past, but curiosity has gotten the best of me as I sit here and listen to music.

Over the past few days school has restarted and I was anxious to go back because it would ensure that I would learn something new this semester ( Some say I'm weird because I like to learn
), but anyway lately as I've progressed more and more into school everything seems to have gone down hill a bit, not because of grades or anything but because of my mentality I suppose one could say.

Lately something feels like it's been tugging at the back of my mind, and I don't know what it is whether it's memory, intuition or just something that I have yet to learn it has thus perplexed me in a way. It even brought me to the point in digging through my old philosophical notes and starting to pick up previous ones as well to try and find out what the problem may be if it is indeed a problem. Nothing seems to have answered the perplexing thoughts as of yet and it seems every time I at least get close to thinking about them on the surface it's as if the thoughts escape from my mind. I guess one could say it's like trying to catch a greased up pig and at this point it's really hurting my mind.

I've try to do a few searches, but alas nothing has come up and usually I only post if my mind is really perplexed by something or if I have something to share, so thus I am really perplexed as to this problem. Not only do I need a bit of help in figuring this out, but I'm also wondering has anyone else experienced this as well? The thought of losing thought I guess one could say? In a way it feels like trying to regain memory of an event; but yet out of reach.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Who is thinking the thoughts? Every thought you have is based on your "I" thought. So just HOLD onto your "I" thought -- start our repeating I-I-I-I to the exclusion of all other thoughts. Then hold onto the I thought and what ever you experience you can focus on the right side of your heart.

reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That is pretty interesting and painful I suspect, is this impacting you and your sense of well being?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Thanks for that though I'm a bit confused when you stated who. Also I'm not sure but it doesn't even feel like my own which is why it's something that confuses me a bit every now and again. Sometimes it feels like one of those moments where one may ask themselves "Where did that thought come from."

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Well not really at least on the well-being side, grades are still in good standing and I'm getting homework done. The only downside is I'm getting side-tracked more and more and daydreaming is happening a lot more as well. Other than that everything seems to be fine, and yeah in a way it feels a bit "painful" or rather more so "annoying" than anything else, because the moment the thought comes in it's pretty much gone.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, I am no genius, but i think you may need a "New way" of learning. I was in the same problem, and the solution was that i had to stop learning things that were personal oppinion based. basically, a lot of the things i was learning were mostly based on someones view of the subject, and not the subject itself.

we see things as we are, not as they are.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Hmm, an interesting take on it and something that certainly may hold the key especially when trying to learn a new language as I am doing now. Then again I have also stopped doing certain thing just as well before entering college, Meditation being one of them. Though I will certainly have to think of some new ways to go about doing studying during my time in between classes to see if it at least helps.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
OP you bring up some interesting Ideas. Lately I have had a similar feeling. When I step outside, I look around and sense something is missing, like there is a level of something I used to know but now it is gone . I ponder to myself, is this feeling because I know too much? Or is this feeling because I have forgotten what I used to exist as in my mind. It almost seems as though my mind is not my own anymore because the thing that made everything make sense seems to have vanished. And yet every time I try to bring it back, try to understand what that one thing was, it seems to get farther and farther away. I want to say this is just what it is like to get older but it is like a splinter in my brain.

There was a song that describes this

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
but I have become comfortably numb.

(credit Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
P.S. I should add a few things that I am experiencing currently whilst waltzing about the house. For the most part the thoughts are still fleeting back and forth and it feels as if my head "tingles" I suppose is the right word, and every now and again my vision seems to flash to a different perspective one that is much different from my own house interior and one that I have seen before ( at least different from my friend's houses. ) As of now at certain times it feels as if my eyes take over that of someone else and for a little while it's as if I'm seeing what they are seeing.

I suppose this is something that will require a journal of activity, but it seems as if something usually happens around this time at night. ( Roughly in between 11 PM through the rest of the night [ if I'm up to experience it]) then again it also happens at school to, but rarely.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Your signature has great meaning, i would suggest you apply it to your life.

Make sure your doing what excites you, not what people think you should do, or peoples opinions on sucess.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Exactly -- the sense of the Self is the "space" between our thoughts. So you can exercise your mind and then this meditation connects you to your subconscious thoughts -- like memories or even precognition.

I took classes from this guy who is a healing master springforestqigong.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You wrote alot but barely said anything. School is a very ignorant place and this is an off-topic post in my opinion, sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Ah, yeah that quote is holding a lot of weight to me at this moment, and trying to at least. Philosophy is something I enjoy and unraveling things are my passion as well as art so hopefully I'm making the right choice, even though I may be quite poor in the near future when I graduate

reply to post by SpiritHipHop

No you are right to say that. To me posting a topic is like starting a paper I'm going to mess up and later on will have things to say, which is what I add later on in another post. In reality I really suck at starting things, but once I get everything squared away it becomes much easier to comprehend and understand, at least I hope so.

reply to post by drew hempel

Thank you for the link looking into it right now
, it seems very familiar like I've seen it before somewhere on this site; but can't exactly put my finger on it. Hmm, so perhaps that key will be to take a break somewhere in meditate once more and get a better grip on my mind if at all possible.

Thanks for all who are answering

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Note "Respected Foe"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Eh, sorry I didn't mean to skip over your post it somehow slipped past me when I was posting mine I suppose

I think you have hit the nail square on the head that is pretty much what I have been feeling for quite some time. Perhaps that is what I have been trying to write down in my OP for quite some time, also who knew Pink Floyd could help as well

Either way if it was something that once made a person whole. How then did it become loss? How could one regain it if they are unable to attain the information about it? As well, what could it mean when once regaining it?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I relate, and recommend that you seek meditation and try something you can outlet yourself into. Thoughts can be trouble; i believe getting more proactive physically(or exerting energy), you can repress thoughts. You maybe feeding your head but you got to remember your body.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

If you are not really you then who are you? If you are someone else are you really them? You are, as we all are, who you are and your thoughts greatly define who you are. Separating thoughts from emotion can, at times, be a difficult process, but it is necessary to do so if one truly wants to be happy.

Happiness is not an emotion, it is a state of mind brought about by your own CAUSE and can never come by being the EFFECT of others or the environment around you. Because, BEING CAUSE is the center of who you are, and BEING EFFECT is all that surrounds that center. Does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritHipHop

Ah, so that's what the U2U red means I don't know if I could live up to that though

reply to post by iEndure

That is true, and most often than not my walk to and from my car to my classes is probably not enough. I have been doing it for...roughly 2 years now and it's about 2 miles maybe 3 so more than likely it's not enough, though at the same time I do not have much time for a trip to the gym or even morning bike rides anymore ( tomorrow thankfully I do ) but any other day sadly I can't which was my main way of getting up and ready. That and meditating while bike-riding was my main way of preparing for the day in a way in the summer at least, I guess when that was gone my mind began to take the chance to unravel.

Perhaps it is time for me to try and return to meditation before sleep, and a little bit while in between classes as well at least that way I would have gotten the chance to.

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That is a good question and something I have pondered quite a while when I've entered college. To be honest it's something that seems to easy to answer yet at the same time the hardest question that may have been proposed. Also yes the way you explained it made sense, actually it made quite a lot of sense the whole part that will be difficult is how to bring about that change myself at least when looking at my own life in perspective.

Once again I want to thank everyone who has answered so far

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Either way if it was something that once made a person whole. How then did it become loss? How could one regain it if they are unable to attain the information about it? As well, what could it mean when once regaining it?

These are very good questions. If only these 3 questions had simple answers it would be so simple. Just pondering on these questions can engulf my mind in a state of looking back and seeing what caused this .

First of all just finding the age or a time when "it" was there is hard enough. I know it was there at one time, was it when I was 6?, 16? 21? How did it become a loss? It could have been any life experience, or a set of life experiences, or a reorganization of chemicals in my brain for all that is possible. If one could regain it, would it have to be that you would need to forget that you lost it in the first place, for "it" to be effective at all? And if it were to be regained would the journey to find out the mystery of what was lost in the first place actually be what was missing in the first place.
Hmmm Maybe we are not wondering enough anymore.

This is nice, I have not thought this deep in a month or two. Anyway I hope you find what your looking for.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Hmm, the questions you have brought forth have certainly made the gears in my mind start to churn. As I personally have begun to try and figure out when and if I had the same feeling before as well, I wonder if acquaintances could also play a role in the loss or the retrieval of that which has once made us whole. Perhaps a road trip to clear one's mind from daily activities might help just as well? Certainly a lot of factors can be brought into this, but I have to wonder if any of them would help at all or just become something to do without any effects.

In any event I hope that you find what was missing as well, as it seems from your first post that you are missing something to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join