It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

If no snark was ever intended, then I apologize. You're right----written words are hard to interpret sometimes, especially in a context as heated as this one.

Perhaps it's because you've been commenting for a while that you feel more confident with your words not being taken badly, and so where I perceive snark, you are intending only to be devil's advocate. Fair enough. I urge you to remember, however, that many people are coming to this thread only lately, and therefore will read your latest posts as if they are your first, so they won't get it, as I didn't. It just seems like a big distraction, you know?

And please----I never told you to stop commenting, and to imply I did is weak. I specifically said your posts can help us understand the situation and that I DON'T want you to go away. Why would you twist that into "now that more people have taken interest I need to stop?" I simply asked you to consider your tone. Come on.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What's with the off-topic rants?

Latest reaction to clashes erupting in the Egyptian capital Cairo between supporters and opponents of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

english.aljazeera.net...

The idea of democratisation planted in Egyptian minds is beyond containment, yet Mubarak continues to resist. aje.me...

A dozen or more ambulances just drove down the Corniche toward Kasr al-Aini hospital, another dozen or so are in Tahrir. Not good.

Tahrir Square Feb1:

Green lasers have been skirting over the high rises near the museum for hours. Some say theyre govt troops trying to blind Molotov throwers.

EyewitnessViaPhone: all entrances to #Tahrir seem secure except nr Museum but we are not retreating, seem to be increasing #Jan25 #Egypt

Both sides battling on side streets. Pro-mubarak carrying machetes #egypt #jan25

the sadat metro is being used as a jail, holding pro-mubarak detainees #jan25 #egypt

Interesting read:

blog.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Twitter updates:

AJELive: Black smoke billowing up from somewhere very close to the eastern wall of the Egyptian Museum, among pro-Mubarak crowd. aje.me...

bencnn: Al-Arabiya TV correspondent Ahmed Abdullah has been found. Was severely beaten, now in hospital.

AJELive: On AJ now: gunshots being heard in downtown Cairo, near Tahrir Square where tens of thousands of anti-government protesters are camping out

AJELive: Tanks that have remained facing Tahrir Square the entire day, have now turned around towards gunfire. Still unclear what situation is

maxstrasser: Police are coming to confiscate journalists' cameras at Semiramis, says journo friend in downtown Cairo.

AJELive: Govt. Minister of Antiquities on AJE calls for #Mubarak to step down, accusing him of wanting to "burn all #Egypt"

REUTERSFLASH: Clinton spoke to Egypt's Suleiman on Wednesday, U.S. State Department says

SultanAlQassemi: Al Jazeera: More than 1,000 protesters injured in the clashes in Meydan Tahrir

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
CNN showing the video of Anderson Cooper trying to make his way through the crowd and being beaten! Wow, that dude is super brave. He deserves a medal for his coverage of stuff like this. This video is terrifying.

Eliad, even if you do get a chance to go down to Egypt to cover this, DON'T. You may not come back. Don't go into that craziness. It's a freakin' powder keg.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
God i just watched a guy with his hair on fire run down the street thanks to a molotov cocktail right now i just lost all faith in humanity and the ability of people to sort out their differences without some sort of enforcement per say. This is going to get worse and worse hell EVEN WITH THE "SNIP" POLICE not this many people were injured ... more people were killed but not more injured in a single day this is just sad and savage and spiraling closer and closer to anarchy absolutely despicable.
edit on 2/2/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to delete censor circumvention

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I presume that this is a move by Mubarak to scare off the people. After all, everything was relatively peaceful before the arrival of the so-called Mubarak supporters, which, somehow was consisted of security forces/ police.

We are watching petrol bombs thrown from a building above, onto the crowd. #Egypt

Facebk Activist/Influent. Youth Ldr Ahmed Maher (long time Mubarak target) has been arrested tiny.cc... #Egypt

Poor guy.

Mubarak's victory will be our generation's nakba (translation? - google search came up with catastrophe) #egypt #jan25 #tahrir

Being told that #Google 's Wael @Ghonim has been found. Severely beaten & injured.He's currently resting #Egypt

Not confirmed, though.

Sky showing pro Mubarak protesters running away under bridge being chased by democracy forces pouring out of square #jan25 #egypt

When #Muslims prayed #jan25 #Egypt, #Christians stood guard. Thats not Islamism, thats pluralism. t.co...

The ppl have made a temp prison where they now hold 150 thugs with IDs ranging from unemployed, interior ministry & NDP #Egypt

Shots being fired again. Who is shooting whom? #egypt

I am fed up with people telling me this has to end, because the country is in ruins. It will be in more ruin if it ends now. #Egypt #jan25

Pro-Mubarak rioters are now driving a bus intoa crowd of anti-government protesters in Tahrir. #egypt

approx. 65 have died including a soldier. I think, the thugs don't know what "maim" means. #egypt

we just saw a bus drive into the crowd.” #Egypt #aljazeera

No way to see what happened to that bus driver but it is almost assuredly not good. #Egypt

Already caught, or someone else?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

bencnn: On Corniche, pro-Mubarak provocateurs are passing back and forth unhindered through Army checkpoint.

AJELive: Fires and plumes of smoke emerging from the centre of Tahrir Square, with three deaths reported this evening in Cairo.

Seems like the Army is seriously divided on this now. No coherency in their actions from place to place.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

The Nakba, or catastrophe in Arabic is what the Palestinians call the creation of Israel, and it's like an annual commemoration day thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Yikes, that gives it new context. Thanks for the clarification! Totally not something you could pick up on with Google Translate.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is the arrest I posted last night that I was ridiculed for by our very own self appointed moderater. Who by the way says my points arent relevent! Notice: We have mods here you aint one of them so keep it to yourself thx. Plus this further goes to prove my points from last night saying it was dangerous for the organizers and further goes to prove my earlier statement that I knew who was behind this yet I wouldnt reveil his name for his safety. I was later called a troll,by someone who should know better I might add. All self appointed MODS will now be reported. Carry on,I'll keep my uninformed opinions to myself.

www.wired.com... -egyptian-facebook-activist-arrested-friends-say/

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

So the Police disapeared for a few days ..then suddenly swarms of Pro Mubarak supporters appear..The Anti Murbarak are tired and hungry this could be the fire that turns everything into Chaos...its starting to look like Civil War.If that happens when the dust has settled Israel will have to take steps to protect herself and the world will do something to protect the flow of oil through Suez..Funny how Iran seems to be getting closer to the action.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey if anyone can help me here you would be totally awesome...i'm trying to find a live uninterupted stream of events. Like the ones that they use on cnn or al jazeera..they must get that stream from somewhere so if someone couold please post the website I would be soo grateful!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

When the SHTF. Most are with Israel.If We dont back them ..then you'd better ask European women if they want to wear Burkas.Its that simple.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

When the SHTF. Most are with Israel.If We dont back them ..then you'd better ask European women if they want to wear Burkas.Its that simple.

I know MANY muslims that don't wear burkas..
Most are with Israel?? Says who?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Al jazeera english live stream. No commercials, and pretty balanced.
english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

I wish I could give you ten stars for this post. This and the further larger plan is much bigger than freedom for Egypt,which of course I support,this is part of a much,much,much larger plan. A very large plan,I have proof of that too but I wont share it here niether,the people who need to know already do. This isnt the place I'm sorry to say for sharing serious stuff,its far to infiltrated and monitered.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Oh come on man I have a REALLY BAD feeling about all of this, what do you know??

Are we talking about a global-Jihad, followed by another Islamic Caliphate?
edit on 2-2-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

That's a very astute claim to be made I presume you have evidence to back it up otherwise you wouldn't have made such a brave claim on a website that requires PROOF over PERSONAL OPINION.

On topic however tommorow in yemen will be interesting whether they use the same dirty tactic mubarak did is a thing to ponder.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Unconfirmed:

Obama to Egyptian Army: Remove Mubarak now, start transition

Feb. 2, President Barack Obama delivered an ultimatum to Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman and the army and security chiefs: Mubarak must be removed in the coming hours or else US aid to Egypt will be cut off,

Brilliant. This way Obama both supports the revolution *and* keeps Egypt on the American's side.

Is this the true end of the autocratic regime, or just the departure of one figurehead and rise of another?

Edit: Source is Debka BTW.. debka.com...

Edit 2: More from Debka and also unconfirmed:

Certain opposition groups, backed by retired army and security forces officers are planning to take over a key delta city, proclaim it liberated territory and establish there a "Free Egypt" government

www.debka.com...

They see he's not going to resign, but they're not just going to give up, so instead of relying on violence they're using diplomacy. This is exactly the kind of nonviolent action I talk about when I say that this revolution can, and needs to be done without violence.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Eliad because: More stuff

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
Unconfirmed:

Obama to Egyptian Army: Remove Mubarak now, start transition

Feb. 2, President Barack Obama delivered an ultimatum to Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman and the army and security chiefs: Mubarak must be removed in the coming hours or else US aid to Egypt will be cut off,

Brilliant. This way Obama both supports the revolution *and* keeps Egypt on the American's side.

Is this the end of this struggle, and the beginning of Egypt's struggle to create a democracy?

I wonder why you didn't post a source link...
Well actually, no, I don't wonder because I KNOW the source..

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join