It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Indeed, supplied by the US... which is really not good publicity.

opposition : mubarak must step down, regime and supporters must have trial and pay for their crimes

US official: 'really worried' about clashes in Cairo but Washington still in contact with Egypt army

Israeli jet fighters in Lebanese air space on Wednesday carrying out mock raids over southern areas of Lebanon.

Israeli aircrafts operating in Egyptian airspace

More warning shot, live fire shots

Helicopter circling over Tahir square

curfew soon... more people coming in...

pro-mubarak taking back the army trucks using tear gas

Baradei : what is happening now is a crime against Egypt

pro mubarak crowd using army trucks as cover to advance their protest against anti-mubarak protesters

edit on 2-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
That "American teargas" you people keep complaining about just might save a lot of people's lives today.
Might be the only way to stop this clash.

I don't even want to think about what's going to happen next.

Wish I could just leave everything, take a camera, and go there.. I'd be reporting live for you guys

edit on 2-2-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You're not the only one wanting that, though, I wish I had a tank instead of a camera. Or a stealth bomber.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We're just saying it's bad publicity.

Hezbollah members escape Egypt prison amid chaos

Ban ki Moon says any attack against peaceful demonstrators is unacceptable

Anti-Mubarak protesters just stormed the pro-Mubarak protesters by the thousands!

Curfew starts right now... people ignore it, of course.

protesters throwing stuff from the top of buildings

That is crazy!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This violence is awful and is the 'last gasp' of Mubarek Government.......... I have real sympathy for the demonstrators in the square as they are now being seriously disadvantaged by Pro-forces bringing in numbers with weapons !!!

One further point I want to make is this....

DOES the Nation Government Symbol / Flag, the Golden Eagle seriously remind you of the Nazi German Symbols from the 30's & 40's ??

PDUK

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can't believe that yesterday I was watching girls scrawl protest signs with markers in a jubilant Tahrir, and now it's a war zone. So sad.

Confirmed:

The protesters inside Tahrir just surged back against the pro-Mubarak people, who streamed away from the Museum entrance.

People on top of a nearby high-rise are tossing debris down on the crowd though I can't tell if they're anti or pro government.

Constant gunfire from the battle near the museum, the pro-Mubarak protesters are advancing. No sign of the army stopping them yet.

Folks, we're alright for now. I was near the museum when the rocks started flying. Hit twice in the legs but not serious. It's chaos now.

We are concerned about detentions and attacks on news media in #Egypt. The civil society that Egypt wants to build includes a free press.

#Egypt saw man being beaten to death. Intervened with 2 others. His blood all over us. But he survived.

Petrol bombs being thrown at protestors by pro-mubarack thugs #Egypt #Tahrir #Jan25

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

Nah, no tanks, no guns, just a camera and a laptop.

Can't bring down a dictatorship with guns and tanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

5000 women and children trapped at Tahir square

El Baradei wants army to intervene

Breaking: Hundred thousands protest against mubarak in Alexandria aljazeera arabic

shots are being fired... warning shots

international Journalist in Tahrir Square appeal to army to intervene to stop the "massacre"/ aljazeera arabic live

People are pissed that the army ain't doing nothing while they see pro-Mubarak people killing peaceful protesters... they are saying : don't force the people to turn on the army...

This is a crazy situation...

SEND A CRUISE MISSILE UP'S MUBARAK'S BUTT!!!!!!

Can't bring down a dictatorship with guns and tanks.

Yes you can...with today's weaponry you can.... before you couldn't... but today with cruise missiles and B-2s, you can. Take out the leader and the regime collapses.

SkyNews :George Bush senior good friends with mubarak and had conversations with him on phone at weekend

Gee what a surprise. War criminal scumbags both of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

A dictatorship is not a man, it's an idea.

They took down Sadat in 81' and it was Mubarak who rose up to replace him.

Can't take down a dictatorship with violence, only with ideas.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
But sometimes you need to enforce those ideas so they won't get pushed aside only to allow a flawed ideology to continue its existence.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Can't take down a dictatorship with violence, only with ideas.

Well then, the revolution has already happened because obviously the Egyptian people ideas have changed. Time to help them now and wipe out Mubarak and his thugs. A few F-22s and a B-2 should solve the problem.

Anyway I'm going to sleep now... been up for 20+ hours...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Colleague at Kasr al-Nil bridge said there were 100s of rocks going back and forth for 10 minutes before anti-govt ppl won.

What the? This is not a game dammit!

The pro-Mubarak protesters can receive reinforcements, but the people in Tahrir Square can't.

Sadly, they can't. They are trapped on all sides by goons.

Say what you will about police and paid-for protesters, there is discernible and serious fear and anger among pro-government crowd.

No doubt about that.

Internet service in #egypt has gone down #jan25

Internet down again.

Hundreds of anti-Mubarak demonstrators injured in Cairo protest: AFP #alarabiya #egypt #cairo #jan25 #FREEEGYPT #Internet #25jan

Field hospitals transfer injured people from Tahrir square: Alarbiya reporter #alarabiya #egypt #cairo #jan25 #FREEEGYPT #Internet #25jan

Rigged election exposed the National Democratic Party’s corruption: al-Wafd

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

Power is having 8 million people stand up all over Egypt and say enough is enough, that is power.
Having those 8 millions and countless more not go to work, not buy or sell anything, is power.
Having the world see their cries- That is real power.

By defying the government the people of Egypt have taken the tyrant's only power- Control.

His only hope now is to starve them out by waiting long enough for the people to not have the ability to protest anymore, but with the world watching this might not be possible.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In his senility, he resorted to violence. Bad move. A lot of people worldwide are aware of this.

PAUSE: Automatic gun fire in the background? (live feed)

The eyes of the world are on Egypt now. The situation there will influence the worlds we live in with unexpected force.

And 8 MILLION people is A LOT of people! Mubarak is nearly stripped of power, as the country is in a standstill.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ah, so now you decide who lives and who dies according to what you believe to be right? That's a dangerous road to go down..

Good night, and epic work on this thread.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

That's exactly what I'm saying.

And I think it already has effected the world.

When is the international community going to intervene?

Probably when they decide which side are they on- The secular dictator that's not at war with the west, or the mob that might be taken over by radical Islam.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Ah, so now you decide who lives and who dies according to what you believe to be right? That's a dangerous road to go down..

Dude, your location says Israel. I would take a real good look to your left and right before you go criticizing people for their rhetoric. I see nothing form you but pot-stirring. It seems to me you're not so concerned with what's going on in Egypt as you are with contesting and arguing about every single little thing you can.

Vitchilo has said some things I don't agree with----for instance, I don't think Obama should do a damn thing to help or hinder the protesters, as it's not his business and he will delegitimize the movement by helping out, not to mention possibly destroying ally relationships that keep peace. But I'm not arguing with him on every single little point I don't like because this thread isn't about arguing, it's about keeping up with breaking developments. Vitchilo gets to give his opinion and commentary because he's the one doing all the work and it's his thread. And you know WHY this thread has lasted for so long? Because it's mainly been about breaking news, and hasn't degenerated into arguments about the region and politics. There are plenty of threads arguing those issues right now.

I don't want us to get off track, start fighting and get the thread closed. Very few of us have time to slog through pages of bickering about effing Israel just to pick out the news updates. I respect your right to question and debate and make sure the truth is outed, but I simply ask that you take the snark out of your posts and approach your points in a sincerely open manner. I sense that you're fed up with lies and propaganda about your home country, and I totally get that. Israel gets a lot of undeserved crap. And just so you know, I'm Jewish---a convert by choice and not marriage---so there is no anti-Jewish sentiment in my feelings. Only anti-snark.

I feel you have a lot to contribute to this thread, and could really help us understand the situation and region in a balanced way, so we can see the viewpoints of different people that are actually living there. I don't want you to go away, but I beg of you to approach this thread with a bit more kindness and sincerity and less snark and resentment. I think your post are informed, but I can rarely make it through one without cringing. Please, please approach this thread in a more constructive manner. This has become a really important resource for many of us.

Shalom. Sincerely.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Somebody should hack the militarys communications in Egypt. All communication was shut down by the government but yet the pro Mubarak groups seem to really have good communication between the several groups in the square. I would say they are using military communication because it would not use the local towers for sending signals. Would be interesting to see whos talking to who.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The problem with written words is that you can't tell the tone in which they're being written. My intention has never been to be snarky, or argumentative, but to add different meanings to the news we're seeing.

This thread isn't just a ticker of news flashes- We *all* give our opinions and commentary, and have been ever since this thread was called "Will Israel attack Lebanon" or something to that extant. We have mods here to ensure that no one gets completely off topic, and we don't- Debates that could have been dragged for pages are being cut short or moved to U2U by both me and other members.

The news by themselves are meaningless, our commentary is what brings meaning to this thread, this *is* what I contribute.

No one respects Vitchilo and this thread more then I, I have been following and commenting in his thread long before it ever became this popular, so now that more people have taken interest I need to stop?

I only regret that I come off to you, and perhaps others as well, as snarky.

P.S-
Star and respect for promoting sanity.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by 00nunya00

Guess you didnt bother to do niether did you? You didnt read the link and you didnt look up color revolutions did you? No you didnt,dont lie for if you had and you cant make the connections then you need to take some reading comprehension classes.

I dont give two craps if you believe my viewpoints thats your choice but at least argue against them leave Beck out of it,I didnt mention Beck.

What are you a troll everyone knows you have to present evidence from a credible source wikipedia is eaasily editable by other people and google can and does support every conspiricy theory out there l2 subjectivity.

Anyhow on topic this is truly worrying Mubarak secret police / "pro Mubarak" supporters killing anti Mubarak supporters that's just sick why not just put police back on the streets to restore order....OH WAIT -_-

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join