It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Apparently Predicts Today Accurately (With Proof)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ok, if you wan't to believe in things you've NEVER seen before based on what was written by only "God" knows who (see what I did there?)

That's your right. If you have this faith and it makes you happy, and a better person...more power to you.

But people like this pastor, who obviously believe HIS interprutation is the be all end all of a book, which we have very little knowledge of how much it has been changed and stories stolen thoughout thousands of years are NOT my idea of the right people to be taking advice from.

Just as I don't like "witnesses ringing my doorbell", I usually do not try to point out all the hypocricy we see in the bible, when the book and it's words are taken literally; at face value. As any Historical "religious" book from the words of the so called "Creator of EVERYTHING should yes? The bible is the word of God yes?

Then you should all be out there killing every gay person. Stoning lazy children to death ect, ect.This IS GODS WORD! Or is that one of those "don't take literally" passeges. They need to put asterix's in the bible for these, imo.

But if it makes you feel good and right when you read the bible that tells you, an eye for an eye. Or the little games God played Lucifer USEING men like Job (cruel and unusual punishment imo)God allowing the Devil to kill his family do anything he wanted except kill job, I mean what kind of twisted sadistic game is this all loveing creator playing. Surely the creator of everything could find a pleasent way to prove the same point no? He is the Alpha and Omega afterall. But if you like the little games he plays great for you. Or is that one not supposed to be taken literally? The story of Job? I mean you can't have it both ways. *Aterixs again for this story maybe?*

But I leave you all with this. If being religious and going to Church makes you a better person toward your fellow man, then Great. I sincerely am happy for you.

But Doomsday Prophets/Preachers/Pastors like in the OP's videos are low, and preying on peoples fears imo.
Thanks to the person above for the star for good old George, may he rest in peace.

I'm sorry I just cannot believe in something I've never seen so strongly. But religion again is a business, and it preys on the weak, the scared, the diseased, the dieing, the poor ect,ect. It can quite piss me off if I really think about it so I'll stop.

Everyone have a great 2010, and stay safe, and I wish good health to all of you in this coming year. Sincerely.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

beautifully said mate now 4:30 and still no divine intervention
star for you

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you have done any reading on the Masons and their so called hidden and ancient Mysteries and knowledge, you'd see that there might be much much more to the Bible that we as modern humans/civilisation understand. the meanings "hidden" so to speak in the bible is the Lost Word of the ages accorign to the Masons.
I would say that the fastest way to get some info on these type of subjects are via William Henry's book "Freedoms Gate" and Dan Browns "The Lost Symbol"(Althought this informations in set forth via a Story line)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
7:45 and still nothing whats goin on???

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I haven't got the chance to watch all the videos in their entirety. Everything he discusses is very interesting though and I would recommend watching. Great find.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The American Education System has certainly failed you. Perhaps this "magical genie god" will fly down on a cloud like "Goku" or some other adolescent hero of yours and assist ignorant people in considering the validity of their statements, therefore protecting them from realizing their own inequity.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by Mykahel

The reason that the Bible is able to predict things like this is simply because those who wrote it received their message directly from God, and God is all-knowing.

Which God EXACTLY are you talking about? If you don't know, the word Elohim, which gives name to the Hebrew God, isn't singular, it's PLURAL, meaning "Gods", "Assembly of Gods." And yet it's just a variation of "Anakim" which means "pilots", not "angels." The word Anakim, in turn, is a corrupted version of Anunnaki - "Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came", and the word "An" means "sky", but not like a "supernatural paradise kingdom", but like "outer space", "cosmos". Indeed, the ancient astronauts described by the Sumerians. Ain't saying that!! The SUMERIANS said that, and left printed onto thousands or millions of cuneiform tablets. Then, we're right back to the theory that the "gods" of ancient civilizations were extraterrestrial colonizers. The monotheism was imposed by the Anunnaki ENLIL aka JAVEH, who apparently won or took advantage of the wide geo-political disputes with the clan of his half-brother ENKI aka PTAH to egyptians, aka SHIVA, to hindus. Fundamentalist religions with faith in a vengeful God, born in the Middle East, were imposed by the clan of ENLIL. Interestingly, in Asia we see the predominant faith of the common man that has a "divine" or an inherent superhuman condition, which can be activated when it connects with the cosmic consciousness. This doctrine, which is the basis of Buddhism, is identical to the solar religion of ATOM, created by the avatar-pharaoh Akhenaten, who was murdered by the Anunnaki groups interested in spreading the faith in one "God." And btw, was ENKI that settled this doctrine in the ancient India (Rama empire).

I do believe that does exist a cosmic inteligence or cosmic consciousness working in the universe, probably responsible by everything that does exist, but definitely this cosmic consciousness isn't paternalistic, only systematic. If you connect with it of some way, to increase your own consciousness, great. If don't, you're f*cked. It won't provide us with none "magic overjoy". The human consciousness can grow up, but it's a hard path.

However, definitely the "Gods" of ancient civilizations, were just extraterrestrial beings, highly advanced technologically, not ever morally, but misunterstood as "Lord angels", "fallen angels", "deities", whatever.

Wake up buddy!! Probably they are just up to come back in the next years, and you, don't fall in your knees, 'cos they are aliens, not gods.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ucalien]

No you WAKE UP!! You don't even know what the words mean and in what context your talking about.

God (elohim) stands in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods (elohim) he passes judgment.
Psalm 82:1

Used in a singular form it is GOD himself, Used in Plural is the Gods. Elohim means DIVINE BEING!!!!!

www.thedivinecouncil.com... Learn from the expert.

You cant build a rocketship with BRICKS, They are talking about building the TOWER OF BABEL!!!

5) Mr. Sitchin argues that certain Sumerian terms (and the Akkadian equivalents) refer to flying craft.

Specifically, the terms used by Mr. Sitchin to argue for ancient rockets and space flight are Sumerian "MU" (Akkadian "shamu"; Hebrew "shem") and Sumerian "ME" (see The 12th Planet, pp. 130 ff.). Mr. Sitchin argues in turn that the Genesis account of the tower of Babel, where the people wanted to make for themselves a "shem," actually describes the construction of a flying craft/rocket.

There are a number of difficulties with Sitchin's arguments and his use of the languages here.

A. The Meaning of "MU", "shamu",, and "shem"

As noted above, the ancient Mesopotamian scribes created dictionaries. Lists of words are a common feature among the thousands of Sumerian and Akkadian cuneiform tablets which have been discovered by archaeologists. Many are just groupings of common words, while others represent an inventory of the word meanings of the languages used in Mesopotamia. These "lexical lists", as scholars call them, were indispensable to the 19th century scholars who deciphered the Sumerian and Akkadian texts, for they were used to compile modern dictionaries of these languages. Today all major lexical texts have been published in the multi-volume set, Materials for the Sumerian Lexicon, begun by Benno Landsberger in the 1930s. It is indeed a rare instance where ancient dictionaries of a dead language form the core of the modern dictionaries used by scholars of today. Such is the case for the ancient languages of Sumer and Akkad. Sadly, Mr. Sitchin neglects these resources.

The Meaning of Sumerian “MU”

On pages 140-143 of The 12th Planet, we read that Mr. Sitchin defines the Sumerian MU as "an oval-topped, conical object," and "that which rises straight." Mr. Sitchin cites no Sumerian dictionary for these meanings. A check of the dictionaries contained in Sumerian grammars and the online Sumerian dictionary reveal no such word meanings. But why trust modern scholars when we can check with the Mesopotamian scribes themselves?

In his technical but stimulating study of Sumerian and Mesopotamian terminology for the cosmos, Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography, Mesopotamian scholar W. Horowitz lays out the meaning of the Sumerian word “MU” directly as the Mesopotamian lexical lists have it. In discussing the meaning of the Akkadian word “shamu,” in his book, Horowitz gathered all the lexical list data for that word. What follows below is his layout. Note that the word “MU” in the left-hand (Sumerian) was among the cuneiform dictionary entries for “shamu.” A discussion of the meanings follows the entries. Briefly, “shamu” in Akkadian here means “heaven” (or part of the sky/heavens) or perhaps “rain.” According to the scribal tablets themselves, the meaning is not "that which rises straight,” or “conical object” (i.e., “rocket ship”). This is the verdict of the scribes themselves, not this writer. The red explanatory insertions are my own:

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Madnesshxc
The bible is merely a book of stolen stories.

You will find everything you need to know about the statement I have put forward on this link:

www.exposingchristianity.com...

Hail, Azazel, Lord of the Abyss, Ruler and King of the Earth, Ram of the Sun!

Bye Bye devil worshiper. You don't even know what your own gods name is you ignorant fool.

The bible has just been found to date back to 10,000 B.C. to the time of DANIEL by SCIENTIST AND ARCHAEOLOGIST, So explain how these stories all the same lasted this long if they are not DIVINE.

"Ruler and King of the Earth" Azazel was once, Then the Arch Angel buried his backside and smashed stones on his face lol. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HE IS?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you have done any reading on the Masons and their so called hidden and ancient Mysteries and knowledge, you'd see that there might be much much more to the Bible that we as modern humans/civilisation understand. the meanings "hidden" so to speak in the bible is the Lost Word of the ages accorign to the Masons.
I would say that the fastest way to get some info on these type of subjects are via William Henry's book "Freedoms Gate" and Dan Browns "The Lost Symbol"(Althought this informations in set forth via a Story line)

That is all hog wash, The real bible will show you the devils deception and DAN BROWN and the MASONS are part of it. Its all in the what the end game is. The WATCHERS WANT THEIR PLAYGROUND BACK!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

I'm sorry I just cannot believe in something I've never seen so strongly. But religion again is a business, and it preys on the weak, the scared, the diseased, the dieing, the poor ect,ect. It can quite piss me off if I really think about it so I'll stop.

Amen to that, oops sorry

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I watched every video. My impression is ...wow. That is some great preaching. You absolutely cannot debunk 90% of the points he brought up. It takes guts to stand up there in the pulpit for 10 weeks and preach the cold hard truth. I would say I have heard all of that stuff at some point, but he puts the facts together nicely. He also makes sure to answer any detractors questions. From one of the first video's you can see he isn't preaching to a huge congregation. He made a well informed sermon series and put it on the internet for FREE(which is uncommon anymore). I believe he is sincere and his information is rock solid. I would bet all the "scoffers" that comment havent watched all of his videos.

As for those trashing Christianity about money issues, Maybe you should watch his sermon on apostasy. Though I would agree there are abuses by clergy of money being conned out of parishoners for personal/greedy uses; It is a obvious fact that if you belong to a church you should Tithe to support your local pastor and support the programs within the church(read Malachi). If you are in a Church that you can't attend a monthly financial meeting then you can be suspicious. Every organization needs money to work, just a fact of life. If you disagree, please write a detail explanation of how you obtain food, clothing, shelter, transportation without any income.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Utterly compelling.

I'll use this video as part of my response to the OP's request for a debate.

In this video the insane but oh so entertaing minister is all over witchcraft and attacks some fundementals as "Mother earth" - his response to that is something like "Sounds like feminism". Another part of worshipping the mother goddess - "Get rid of the male God" (in other words - get rid of God - I mean - we know our god is a MAN).

Most of his scripture is hand picked from all over the Bible to present his particular angle on his ranting.

We can all do that, if we so choose.

Moses wasn't just given 10 commandmends. Read Levitucus and you will find a whole host of them. Gods laws.

Exedus 13:15...
Therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.’

Leviticus 1
"Now the LORD called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When any one of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of the livestock—of the herd and of the flock."

Shriek at top of voice - does that sound like heathen sacrifices to you? You bet.

Exedus 20:13
“You shall not murder."

Shouting
This is from the new King James. It rather neatly bring us away from the previous version where we are told that "You shall not kill".
We alle know that murder is intentionally and planned where killing is more like "# happens". Which makes it OK.

Exedus 21
"If you buy a Hebrew servant" . . . .
"And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave". . .

DOES this sound like the Bible telling us that SLAVERY is OK. You bet.

Leviticus 12
" 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying: ‘If a woman has conceived, and borne a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as in the days of her customary impurity she shall be unclean. 3 And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. 4 She shall then continue in the blood of her purification thirty-three days. She shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purification are fulfilled.
5 ‘But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her customary impurity, and she shall continue in the blood of her purification sixty-six days. "

Does this sound like the Bible trying to instill in all of us that equal rights does not exist? And from birth even?
You bet.

Leviticus 20
"‘The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death."

Laughing my head of. A just God indeed.

Leviticus 20
"If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you."

It is obviously not wicked if they are not mother and daughter. The Bible says it is OK to be a bigamist.

Leviticus 20
"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

HA!

--

In other words...
Many things can be taken from the Bible and twisted into a meaning that suits ones need.

And before you start by attacking that I have only taken scripture from the old testament please take note, that if Christians should claim them to be "obsolete" or "not really part of a Christian Bible", let the Christians clearly state this and acknowledge the fact that some parts of the Bible are wrong.

And if those parts are wrong - what other parts are wrong as well?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

You are using reason, and presenting an argument with rules. That doesn't work here my friend.

They think this man is a great orator. I bet the majority don't know who Rev. Fulton Sheen was.

So don't throw your pearls out here.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is twisting Leviticus to mean anything it doesn't say. I wasn't. It clearly says to sacrifice and put people to death for transgressions.

However I have questioned many Christians about this peculiarity before and they suggest that developments later in the Bible rectify this dilemma. I am just passing to you what excuse they gave me. I am not a expert on Theology sorry. Of course it all sounds fishy, I won't deny that lol.

However what I was hoping you would refute was the passages referring to strange present day details. Rather than the ethics of religion in general which is probably a discussion better for another thread.

For example the description of the RFID chip which is totally perfect actually I have to admit. I would like to see an actual explanation for how that was possible for primitives thousands of years ago to come up with such a grand vision yet it be today's reality.

I just find little details like this to be extraordinary I apologize for that. But all of the attempts to explain these issues so far have been over generalizations, mere allegories, typifications, or abstract comparisons or correlations.

Many of you are missing the original point and clouding this simple matter with your preconceived notions perhaps?

How could the creation of a RFID chip which actually somehow meets ALL of the requirements for a global electronic economy, be a mere Jesuit parlor trick? This is quite the stretch.

What are the odds of guessing such a combination of details combined with corresponding context and it actually making sense? Especially since the context at first glance appears as complete gibberish?

I am not saying it is impossible, I mean, if you give a chimp a typewriter and let him type away for Eternity, eventually the works of Shakespeare will pop out by complete random chance.

But we are talking astronomical odds here I believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

You are using reason, and presenting an argument with rules. That doesn't work here my friend.

They think this man is a great orator. I bet the majority don't know who Rev. Fulton Sheen was.

So don't throw your pearls out here.

No they are arguing the ethics of religion which is totally not the point of this thread.

There is like a reading comprehension problem going on around here I think.

The speaker is not the subject, the subject was essentially "can each of these prophecies be debunked professionally and legitimately?"

And I was sort of expecting a direct honest sincere attempt at that.

Like 3 or 4 people actually made decent arguments that IMO can explain some of the verses, but there still remains more difficult ones to debunk.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
To the person saying religion came from the Masons,how wrong can you be.
The Mormons inducted the Mason ritials 160 years ago, they are the only ones who use this,I know because I was one.
They use these ritials in their temples.
Also the ones saying Ram the sun God.You must be Catholic and don't even know it.
You should read about religion before you attempt to post on it.
I have searched for a believeable religion most of my life and came to the decision to study God and his word.
It is true the videos are long and he rants but he is believeable.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One of the interesting points about the prophesies of both Daniel and John of Revelation, is that most of what they say in their visions was total gibirish. They didn't have a clue what most of it meant. Some of the symbology was explained to them, but other parts were said not to be for them. So it wouldn't have been explainable within the context of their time period. It would only become more clear and understandable in the 'last days.' Now we can see why and so far it is happending just as the scriptures say it will.

I would also like to add that the last days or 'end times' are not only referring to the Great Tribulation which will last 7 years. The end times are the decades, years, and days leading up to the Great Tribulation and then Armageddon. Whatever hard times we have been going through during the end times, will escalate greatly during the Great Tribulation.

Realize that the prophecies within the Bible are not handed to everyone on a silver platter. You have to have some faith and open your heart and mind to the idea that their is a loving creator. If not, you can never really get to the bottom of anything with any real understanding. A common question is why aren't the prophecies explained clearer? Because then everyone could try to jump on board at the last minute and not have to live their lives in accord with God's standards up until that point.

Just as in the days of Noah before the flood. Everyone was laughing and mocking him and his family during the 120 years that he was given to prepare and try to help people see the errors in how they were living their lives. That's right, he was given 120 years leading up to the flood! These were the 'end times' or 'last days' before the flood. Unfortunately nobody listened, so only Noah and his family were allowed on the ark to survive the flood.

"First, however, he must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by this generation. Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the son of man: they were eating, the were drinking, men were marrying, woman were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all." (Luke 17: 25-27)

So in our last days, it will be the same. People will going about their merry little lives, Just 'trying to have a good time', ignoring God's warnings time after time, and then it will be too late. Once the Great Tribulation starts, it will be as if the door to Noah's ark has closed.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
***snip***
For example the description of the RFID chip which is totally perfect actually I have to admit.
***snip***
I just find little details like this to be extraordinary I apologize for that. But all of the attempts to explain these issues so far have been over generalizations, mere allegories, typifications, or abstract comparisons or correlations.
***snip***

What I think you should focus on is your own argument of over generalizations, mere allegories, typifications, or abstract comparisons or correlations..

What this fantastic orator is doing is planting suggestions in your brain about how to interpret different bible quotes.

That is what great orators do. They use suggestions to get you to make the connections your self - which in fact you don't.

What the orator does is a well known tactic. Spew out stuff that your listener wholeheartedly agree with and then throw in a titbit of what it is you really want him to regard as true. The whole postitve way he regards your other statements will lead him to agree on other stuff that he wouldn't have thought of or connected with otherwise.

A bit like on ATS. Once we identify with a certain member we tend not to question what else he comes up with.

This "great orator" is misleading you and you let it happen. BTW. Wasn't anti-christ supposed to be known by his great oratory skills?

My examples were meant to illustrate this fact. However clumpsy it came out.

Would I want to illustrate that Christians aren't in fact very docile or peace loving I'd refer to the very parts of the Bible that clearly states:

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

The true believer will hasten to add that these comments shouldn't be taken at face value.

Neither should the "predictions" made in the Bible.

The ambigues parts of the Bible has been contructed precisely such, that they are open for interpretation.

EDIT:
A true beliver is ready to quote when it suits and interpret when it is needed. Even the same phrases can be freely quoted or interpreted.
That's how it works.

[edit on 18.1.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To explain RFID better I will just post the very first video I found randomly by this guy, one day when I was researching RFID for a project I was working on. This particular video blew me away actually.

It is extremely well researched and well argued. The video I posted at the beginning of the thread was the 2nd video I watched by him.

The reason I liked the video is because it touches on ALL of the big theories around here like NWO, RFID, etc. So if you are interested in any conspiracies than this video is a good watch if you can get past the religious cliches of the speaker.

If you are still around this far in the thread, I want to share this RFID focused series here for your further viewing.

He actually digs up more dirt on RFID than any researcher I have ever seen before, and his sources are legit as I have looked these things up on my own and have confirmed a lot of these facts as true. Real corporations are really doing this stuff today.

IN FACT most of this information is over 5 years old now!

I found this video one year ago.

"RFID: The Rise of the Mark of the Beast"

This was his lead into a very eye opening series on RFID and how it will change society (and the ministers' assertion that the Bible directly describes such things exactly).

IMHO, This pastor is Perfect ATS "Conspiracies in Religions" material.

I found his research extremely informative and I was able to ignore his personal eccentricities and preaching very well.

I honestly view this guy a lot like Alex Jones or David Icke (but a super religious version).

In the 2nd section he goes into how easy RFID is to exploit for crime, and how unsafe it is. And proves that the RFID tags will allow full complete access to every aspect of our lives.

He explains how this technology will be used to create a future marketplace, where corporations study our every nuance and move inside and OUTSIDE the store, in order to peg us perfectly creating the theory of Personalized Pricing. A real nightmare of epic proportions!

This rabbit hole goes deep.

This is current on the shelf technology! There is a serious security issue at the least.

This guy is really trippy, you have to admit(if you can get past his super infomercial quirkiness. He did good research too.

Ill get the last few parts up later and write a little about what they are about for those who don't have time to watch.

But go research personalized pricing.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Are you saying that it is like the rock that people see little faces on?

How the brain creates patterns and people see little faces in the marks on wood, or the clouds turn into shapes, or how faces turn up on a piece of toast lol??

Hmm... so this guy is just seeing faces(bible propechies) in the clouds(shifting sands of RFIDchips) ?

Is that what you mean?

How do you know for sure?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join