It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Apparently Predicts Today Accurately (With Proof)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
reply to post by muzzleflash

There's nothing new or amazing about a preacher twisting bible verses to win converts and increase the cash flow of his church. The fact is, I was a Christian for over 20 years and heard it all during that time. Everything they claim look, superficailly at least, to be indisputable. Until you really start investigating the claims. Then you'll find out so much, if you're honest, that you will likely renounce your dogma altogether. It's all a scam, one big huge lie, and none of us need it.
It's not about the man, or the video. People are focusing on the flawed "human" element that is associated with the Bible, and missing the answers inside.

Originally posted by AnotherSon
And before the bible were the Hopi.

www.2012-end-doomsday.com...
Wrong. The Bible, and Bible sources predate the Hopi.

Originally posted by metalholic

they knew they were going to be seen for what they are hypocrites so yes they predicted that people would one day be unafraid of there scare tactics to keep control of the vast majority of people they had there time back in the middle ages now its done!
I have no idea why the mods continuously let you spill out this kind of negative tripe, that has NOTHING to do with the topic.
The topic concerns information in the Bible that has been proving to be correct.
Maybe you should start a separate thread if you wish to debunk, debase and villainize the "Evils" of Christianity.

Hey Mods! It's getting a little deep here.

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by TheAnomaloid

There has been a massive disinformation movement against all things "Christian".
You're joking right ? Disinformation ? That sounds a little paranoid to me there's no dis info about xtianity dude it's just getting plain old debunked nothing incidents there.
No. Are YOU kidding? I have read your posts before. You are the one that believes Christianity seems to be one big hoax, orchestrated and supported only to keep control of people through it's "evil". Dude, maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious if you didn't have fifty zillion posts out there, filled with hate, and bitterness, and YOUR opinions.
And, maybe your opinions would hold more weight if ANY of those posts had shown a shadow of neutrality, or a sign of an open mind.
Your angle is obvious. You are angry, and can't even stand to see the title of a thread having to do with Christianity, without feeling compelled to chime in, and vomit all over it.
And, for some reason, the mods allow this, over and over.
From what I see.
Why don't you back off, and let the OP have a discussion here about the TOPIC of this thread?

.Yes, there is a lot in the Bible that has been panning out as truth.
Yet no one is providing any evidence of this so it's just bunkum astrology convince the gullible nonsense. Then it shouldn't bother you any more or less that the people in this forum that discuss the myriad of other sources of prophecy and symbolism in every form from rocks with brand new etchings on them, to Nostradamus, to predictions hidden in the architecture of the pyramids.
But, I don't see you working so hard on those.

The saddest thing, however, is that you are obviously intelligent, and full of passion. If you could get the negativity under control, you would SERIOUSLY have something to offer.

Once again... Hey Mods! How about letting the OP discuss the topic of his thread?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by TheAnomaloid]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I used to a hard core fundie but after getting ripped off by a conman using the bible to swindle me and some others I was open to researching the bible.

www.swindledforjesus.com...

The predictions have been for years. the end of the world was 1843 and many Christians got ready. The jehovah witnesses have done it a few times even to the point of their members selling everything to get ready for a trip to heaven.

The more you research the bible the more you see that the NT was just a stolen document that was added to the OT for the reason of controlling people. Just don't lose the kind of money I did during your research.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
Hello Muzzle I hope this will help. I will discredit all prophecies in the first video. To sum it all up, he takes small sections of whole chapters out of context to try and prove a point. I will still show him to be wrong. I hope that my critical thinking and basic logic will help you in your scientific pursuits.

Although I do not agree with BillfromCovina, I wanted to chime in here, because I was impressed by the presentation and consideration of his post.

This should be "The Model" of how an opposing view can, and should be delivered.
He is simply presenting an argument, with facts, and makes no attack on any group, or individual.
There is no malice intended.
His perspective is presented in a detached, scientific manner.
Good Natured and Intelligent.

THIS, my friends, can be respected.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lippJ
On the topic of prophecies in the bible, a couple of months ago I read The Bible Code and The Bible Code 2. These are books claiming that the original bible in the original language can be put through a computer program and through a pattern of skipping x amount of spaces will develop a word with a relating word being found in close proximity to the first. He believes that someone, not human, placed these codes in the bible when God told it to Moses, for us to find so we can prevent certain world events.

Michael Drosnin (author) shows how he found predictions of the Gulf War, the collision of a comet with Jupiter, among many others. He even discovered the assassination of [Israeli Prime Minister] Rabin a year before it became real. He did attempt to warn Rabin, however his claim was obviously over looked. However this attempt benefited him greatly because he then was put in contact with a top scientist in Israel, who also believed in the code. After enough substantial evidence they wrote a paper on their findings and had it published in an American science journal (sorry I don't know what the actual name is, although that could be the name lol).

His method is fairly difficult though because with out knowing what to look for its very hard to find the future predictions but still possible. A lot of his findings are after they happened since he was able know what to look for.

I'm going to cut this post short so I don't ruin the read for anyone interested. And if this explanation isn't quite clear enough feel free to ask me any questions regarding the two books and I will do my best to answer them.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by lippJ]

The "Bible Code" or Matrices also work with "Moby Dick", and ANY other LARGE book with ALOT of pages and letters.

Bible Code

The Bible also tells us the Earth is what 5000 years old? or something like that. I haven't read that piece of fiction since I started thinking for myself, so I forget.

But even if it said the planet was 20,000 years old. Come, that is proven scientifically to be so incorrect, I cannot fathom how anyone follows a religion that states this.

Watch THIS VIDEO

(just the first 2 minutes is all if you have a small attention span and it will trump all your OP's videos of some whackadoo makeing his own assumptions on what he is reading, and makeing up whatever HE believes "these so called signs" mean").

Religion is a business, it is used to scare, and sway the masses. one of the oldest. Heck depending on where you are born in the world, and what religion your parents brought you up on most likely determined what religion you believe in. You coulda been born a buddist, it was all according to chance.

A wise man once said believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear. Well when it comes to God, I've heard alot of different stuff. Hundreds of different gods What made you the OP choose Jesus Christ, and the Holy Bible? Did you even look into any other religions? It is good to shop around, especially considering the importance of the subject no?

Anyway back to this video, enjoy. I'm sure most will find it alot more accurate that the OP's.

**Warning Swearing, and Cussing** but extremely funny, and TRUE.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

The bible does not say the earth is 6000 years old.

Foolish religion and the people following it, use it as an argument.
They simply counted the years back from the ages of the biblical characters. They also take the scripture for real and believe every word it says.

I believe you can find a lot of truth in the bible. You will need to have the correct interpretation. Otherwise it's mainly BS what you find.

Unfortunately this is what most people do find.

For George Carlin there is a star coming your way !!

[edit on Jpm1upmSun, 17 Jan 2010 16:21:54 -060010 14 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years old. If you count back based off the times and ages given, it tells that 'mankind' started with Adam and Eve just over 6000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The bible is merely a book of stolen stories.

You will find everything you need to know about the statement I have put forward on this link:

www.exposingchristianity.com...

Hail, Azazel, Lord of the Abyss, Ruler and King of the Earth, Ram of the Sun!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jesuit prophecies. None of these prophecies coming to play are miraculous or holy. They are self-fulfilling Jesuit parlor tricks. And as soon as you see that the 'Holy Bible' is a Jesuit tool the sooner you realize Jesus isn't coming back to save us, the better. We have to save ourselves from ignorance. And false prophecies, there is nothing miraculous about knowing what's going to pass if you're in power then, and in power now. You lay down a false claim Dune style and just fulfill it later in history. THAT IS NOT PROPHECY.

All of this is being perpetrated to make people too blind to see the truth feel the Bible is real and are witnessing biblical prophecy unfold. The Anti-Christ and the Christ are false puppets. Real divinity, real change can't be found anywhere but within ourselves.

'Jesus died for your sins.' - I can still sin, and still choose to do right only by MY choice.

I find it a massive joke this pastor is so gun ho about God. HE LOVES YOU, BUT LOOK AT HIM WRONG AND ITS DISEASE AND MISERY AND A LIFETIME IN HELL FOR YOU.

What ever happened to forgiveness, to compassion. I won't fight for either side, it's perpetual nonsense. Leave me to mine, and I will leave you to yours.

The bible is pure Jesuit hypocrisy worshiping a God of hatred with a petty ego. I don't disagree that there are signs all around us. But even this pastor can't recognize them. His bias is far too great in the prophecy business.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This guy is just too annoying to listen to; I could listen to just over a minute and it seriously did my head in. Yeah, a synopsis would be good or just some examples. You have to be immune to the annoyance of the American accent probably if you can stomach listening to it. Unfortunately I'm not; it sounded interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

(1)Are you so ignorant to think that God himself is going to walk each and every Jew to Israel from the ends of earth?
When he led them out of Egypt did he walk with them and hold their hands singing? NO, BUT HE MADE SURE IT HAPPENED THOUGH!!

How can Jews come from the West of Israel from the Persian or Babylonian empires when they never were to the west of Israel? They were from the east and to the north only!!!!!!!!

P.S. The Maccabean Revolt was war against Israeli Jews and the Nephilim who lived after the great flood. A small part of Jordan would not be considered the four quarters of earth.

Obviously you do not know your bible. I also did not post that god would be holding their hands and singing. According to the bible, god did lead them out of Egypt. " And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night"

To the west of Israel would be the city states and kingdoms of Greece. There would also be islands such as Crete. Some of these were controlled by Persia at one time. You would have to believe that there was no trade or sea travel by Jews. They probably had enough of sea travel after Noah. To the south was Egypt. The Jews had a limited view of the world. In the New Test the devil needs to take Jesus to a high mountain to show him all the kingdoms of the Earth. How is this possible if the world is a globe.

PS- Your understanding of the Maccabean revolt is a delusion so I won't bother.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Nola213

The bible does not say the earth is 6000 years old.

Foolish religion and the people following it, use it as an argument.
They simply counted the years back from the ages of the biblical characters. They also take the scripture for real and believe every word it says.

I believe you can find a lot of truth in the bible. You will need to have the correct interpretation. Otherwise it's mainly BS what you find.

Unfortunately this is what most people do find.

For George Carlin there is a star coming your way !!

[edit on Jpm1upmSun, 17 Jan 2010 16:21:54 -060010 14 by Sinter Klaas]
Trust me, there are many, many Christians that are intelligent, and far from foolish. And, they believe.
Every Christian is an individual. Their levels of belief and the details they believe, are all different, based on the individual.
And, I'm sorry, but you are FAR from qualified to call the Bible "BS".

[edit on 17-1-2010 by TheAnomaloid]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

are you kidding me? i'm commenting on him rantin about that guy talkin about people would not listen to the word of god or the bible and how thats supposed to be some prophecy fulfillment your bible thumpin ass just wanted a reason to say somethin and i must'eve struck a chord cause you sure found a way to say somethin your the one off topic by callin me out

[edit on 17-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Madnesshxc
The bible is merely a book of stolen stories.

You will find everything you need to know about the statement I have put forward on this link:

www.exposingchristianity.com...

Hail, Azazel, Lord of the Abyss, Ruler and King of the Earth, Ram of the Sun!
Wow! What a sad, hateful and close-minded site.
Now that you, a self proclaimed Azazel Worshiper, have spoken, everything is much, much clearer.
The Bible contains truth, the way it was delivered.
The stories are not stolen.
Any similarities to other texts, are only similar because the information was delivered to people around the world, at one time or another.
Truth is truth, regardless of whom delivers it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

jesus is a stolen story that many other religions had long before him and the formation of christianity even the egyptians had a story very similar to jesus! different religion different name..your gonna tell me its the book of truth why isnt jubilees,enoch, or the one about jesus as a boy killing his playmate and bringing him back to life in it? because it would make the church look stupid talking about giants and stuff roaming the earth and there savior jesus christ being a brat

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is a pretty good series, I am up to video 13. He really steps on a lot of toes, especially a lot of the members on ATS. It's too bad they are so insecure in their own belief systems, that they won't even watch it. It's called cognitive dissonance, the truth is so painful, they would rather believe a lie.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

jesus is a stolen story that many other religions had long before him and the formation of christianity even the egyptians had a story very similar to jesus! different religion different name..your gonna tell me its the book of truth why isnt jubilees,enoch, or the one about jesus as a boy killing his playmate and bringing him back to life in it? because it would make the church look stupid talking about giants and stuff roaming the earth and there savior jesus christ being a brat

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

You need to actually STUDY the Bible to understand it. People have drawn similarities between Jesus and other Gods/Individuals that have been portrayed in other religions. But, a deeper, in-depth study of the history of Jesus shows enormous differences in character, story and impact on that period of time.
As far as the fanciful nature of certain biblical entries and descriptions, again, a study of the Bible shows that a lot of terms that seem to be fantasy-based, at the time, were used in a much more mundane manner.
For instance, the term "Giant". At the time, the word that was used for Giant, actually had a meaning that leaned more toward "Heroic", and was usually used in the description of great warriors and dangerous men.

There is no perfection in any of this. But, there are many scholarly people that believe wholeheartedly in the core of the Bible. Meaning, yes, the Bible has been filtered through the hands of men. But, somewhere in there, is something powerful, and genius. And, that it does find it's way to anybody that is honestly looking.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think what you are posting is very important,and most would do themselves a favor and view the videos.
Also if you look up Bible codes on the web,this in it's self will prove the Bibles magnitude on being correct.
If your really interested in this, tune into Hal Lindsey on tbn Fri nights at 5:30.
And even most people do not like the Jewish people, they are the chosen ones and they are Gods people.
I found the vidoes right in tune with the bible.
I am not Jewish but I am a believer in God.
In God I trust:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well its now 4pm austaralian time and guess what nada thing going on surprise surprise

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join