It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Apparently Predicts Today Accurately (With Proof)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

No disrespect intended, but that is one of the craziest things I have ever heard.

The reason that the Bible is able to predict things like this is simply because those who wrote it received their message directly from God, and God is all-knowing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

[Isreal]" A nation created in just 1 day, "

while this statement is technically true - it is really a red herring , as i cannot recall any other soverign nation that cannot also claim to :

` have been created in a single day `

pertinant examples :

the formation of the united kingdom [ great britain ] - the signing of the act of union was a single pemstroke , before it england and scotland were serperate soverign enteties , after - a single nation

the us independance day [ july 4th ] -

the independances of norway and iceland from denmark - nnorway is particularly apt - as its borders with sweden and rusia were both fixed before independance .

ps - the ` state of isreal ` was firts putforward by the balfour declaration - and the next 30 years saw many significant developments that hearladed the creation of a jewish soverign homeland

the fixation of isreals independance day [ i assume thats the source of the created in one day myth ] is simply laugthable

if that is the critera used - please find me another nation that was NOT created in one day

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The bible apparently predicts today accurately (with proof).

No it does not.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As painful as it was, I watched this series a while ago. Very interesting and definitely an eye opener. The crazy christian, whilst annoying is quite amusing at times (intended or otherwise) and I can see some truth in his presentation. Come on guys, a lot of christian dollars have been spent funding these studies obviously attempting to entice fresh blood into the faith, at least this time an interesting subject matter is used as bait

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Christians are always making these predictions. They have been trying to predict the "rapture", too for many decades. Even, even, when their own bible and their own Jesus states that no one knows, only his Father in heaven knows. So they don't relay on their biblical word. Another point, the "end times", some would say, began the moment that Christ assended into heaven.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This pastor's name is Billy Crone. He does have a website, which is quite interesting reading. I typed his name in yahoo and found it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hello Muzzle I hope this will help. I will discredit all prophecies in the first video. To sum it all up, he takes small sections of whole chapters out of context to try and prove a point. I will still show him to be wrong. I hope that my critical thinking and basic logic will help you in your scientific pursuits.
1st Prophecy- Isaiah 43 ver1-6 (God Bringing the seed from the points of the compass) God did not bring these people in, rich Zionists and Christians did, therefore the prophecy is untrue. It is a self fulfilling prophecy also. I can not say I have a prophecy from God that you will die tomorrow and I then murder you. Jews have also lived in greater Israel for a very long time and Palestine almost immediately after being expelled. By the way none of the verses mention last days. Many Orthodox Jews also do not believe that the modern state of Israel fulfills prophecy.
2nd Prophecy- Isaiah 11 ver11-12 (Again talking about God bringing them back not man, therefore not true) These verses are also taken out of context. You have to read before and after. Verse 11 says this will be the second time, which would mean that this verse could not be attributed to today. First time is Moses. Second time is after Cyrus the Great from Persia granting them freedom from Babylon captivity. Third time would be the Maccabean Revolt when there was Jewish self rule. Two times also during Roman rule(AD). Not the second time! Again meaning it is not true. They also don't mention last days.
3rd Prophecy- Isaiah 66 ver8 (Israel being created in one day) The verse does not say that. Pause the video and read the verse for yourself. Israel was also not created in one day. Jews have lived in these areas for over a thousand years. They also started pouring in from Europe in the 1800s after the various countries would kick them out. Balfour Declaration of 1917 stated that Britain was in favour of the establishment of a Jewish home in Palestine. Immediately after WW1 the League of Nations created the Palestine Mandate which had the same purpose and put Britain in charge of accomplishing this. From this time untill they declared statehood the Jews killed and used terrorism to accomplish their goals. Frome 1917 till the actual UN declaration is not one day unless you use gorilla math.
4th Prophecy- Ezekial 37 ver21-22(Own land, one nation, one king) Israel as promised in the Bible include present day Israel and parts of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. So instead of two nations you have seven not one. Seven nations means prophecy untrue. Jerusalem is also divided and there is no king ruling Israel. This prophecy is therefore also untrue. This prophecy will never happen.
5th Prophecy- Ezekial 45 (silver shekal) My bible does not say this so I will use the videos version. The actual shekal coin as established by Israel is 75% copper and 25% nickel and no silver, therefore prophecy untrue. With the value of silver could you imagine if they used real silver? . The exchange rate is almost 4 shekals to $1 US. In biblical times when they talked about gold and silver coins these were specific they did not mean color.
6th Prophecy- Isaiah 35 ver1-2 (Rose in the desert) This prophecy specifically talks about the deserts blossoming not the pastures and orchards that were already green. It also mentions singing and joy. Not alot of that. Seems like more fear and dispair. Israel also has a water shortage problem. Israel according to the bible is very big. Many barren deserts. Prophecy not true.
7th Prophecy- Zechariah 12 ver6 (Israeli Military) Specifically talking about Judah. If Isreal was divided into two kingdoms and one of them is Judah this can not be talking about the whole Israel and todays military. Crazy logic and a complete stretch.
8th Prophecy- All nations coming against Israel didn't happen yet. The word all is very inclusive. Not true.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There are a few facts in the video I have always found fascinating.
When the new testament was written, israel still existed. Its interesting they knew the country would be torn apart and brought back together.
The jews are recreating evrything necessary to begin recreate the rituals and animal sacrifices.
Many of us have an intuitive feeling something is "happening."
I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to get to the bottom of my feeling that we are on the verge of a new age. I have found myself saying "I am ready to be a warrior for God" but I don't know why I say it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrateeze
Can you summarize? I do't have the time to watch all day. Thanks

The point of the videos is to show evidence of the bible and corolate it with events, this can't be summerized. You have to watch it. watch the first part and youll get the gist of it

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by Sky watcher

Nephilim has nothing to do with "Giants" like as in Jolly Green.

H5303 nphiyl nef-eel'

or nphil [nef-eel'];

from H5307; properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant:--giant.

H5307 naphal naw-fal'

a primitive root;

to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or
figurative):--be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by
lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-
ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for H6419),
lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying,
overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite
out, X surely, throw down.

They give birth to "Men of the Name" who are known from the eon. For example, Bush would be one of these names...because he has a history stretching a 1000 years.

They are called H1368 gibbowr ghib-bore'

or (shortened) gibbor [ghib-bore'];

intensive from the same as H1397; powerful; by implication, warrior, tyrant:--
champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man),
valiant man.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

4) Mr. Sitchin contends that the word "Nephilim" means "those who came down from above" or "those who descended to earth" or "people of the fiery rockets" (see The Twelfth Planet, pp. vii, 128ff.).

These translations, of course, serve his purpose - to see the Nephilim as ancient astronauts. As such it is hard to over-estimate the importance of Sitchin's work here - if he's wrong about the meaning of "nephilim," much of his overall thesis falls.

Unfortunately for Sitchin, such translations are completely out of step with the Hebrew text and the word which is at the base of "Nephilim." Once again ignoring the grammar of the text (and actually making up his own word meaning in this case), Sitchin makes the following errors, addressed in the PDF files below.

Sitchin assumes "Nephilim" comes from the Hebrew word "naphal" (as opposed to ARAMAIC - see below) which usually means "to fall." He then forces the meaning "to come down" onto the word, creating his "to come down from above" translation. "Nephilim" - in the form we find it in the Hebrew Bible - COULD come from Hebrew "naphal," but it could ONLY be translated one way in light of the spelling - "those who are fallen" (i.e., either "fallen in battle" - which is out of the question given the context of Genesis 6 - or "spiritually fallen" / evil - which fits the context IF the sons of God are evil). To see that the sons of God in Genesis 6 were evil divine beings and this cohabitation was evil, one needs only to turn to either Jude 6-7 and II Peter 2:4-6, or the Book of Enoch.

The scholarly reasons for my assertion are demonstrated in the PDF file on the Nephilim. In short, if you care about the grammar of Hebrew, Sitchin's word meanings CAN'T be correct.

The above file also discusses Sitchin's confusion of the sons of God and the nephilim - and evidence from his own book, Stairway to Heaven, that he cannot distinguish between Hebrew and Aramaic! My suspicion behind this apparent blunder is that Sitchin wants to distance the Annunaki from the evil Watchers of ancient Jewish literature (Hebrew Bible, Enoch, and some Dead Sea Scrolls).

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

This guys knows what the words mean thank you very much. Read the verses and what they are telling you, Not what YOU think they mean.

Now, in Genesis 6:1-4, the offspring of the Sons of God and the daughters of men are called Nephilim, who are the "heros of old, the men of renown." Literally, the word nephilim means "the fallen ones" and is a common euphemism for "the dead" in Hebrew. Forexample, in Jeremiah 6:15, "They will fall among the fallen [Hebrew, nopelim]. In Ezekiel 32:27, the Nephilim are fallen warriors:

"They lie with the warriors,
The Nephilim of old,
Who descend to Sheol
With their weapons of war."
Elsewhere, the Nephilim are giants who were native inhabitants of Canaan. In Numbers 13:33, they advise Moses "All the people whom we saw in its midst were people of great size there we saw the Nephilim - the Anaqim are part of the Nephilim - and we seemed in our own eyes like grasshoppers, and so we must have seemed in their eyes."

www.deliriumsrealm.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by seethelight

Christians are always making these predictions. They have been trying to predict the "rapture", too for many decades. Even, even, when their own bible and their own Jesus states that no one knows, only his Father in heaven knows. So they don't relay on their biblical word. Another point, the "end times", some would say, began the moment that Christ assended into heaven.

In case you didn't know, in the Bible there are many signs we are told to watch for, so we can know when the end times are apon us. Right now we are in the church age, because people are still being saved.

The end times will begin when some sort of world government or ruler(the anti-christ) signs a peace treaty (such as the many contracts the Roman Catholic church has with almost all nations) with Israel. The treaty will last 3 and 1/2 years, then it will be broken, followed by 3 and 1/2 more years of the worst disasters and wars the world has ever known Daniel 9:27.

The most common held believe among christians, including myself is that the churches of God will be raptured out to heaven before this signing takes place. 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. READ IT.
The end times are the "the time of Jacob's trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7) not the church's.

Now all these signs are for the Jews, not Gentiles(1 Corinthians 1:22, For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom. Hints this website

But and any child can read the signs of the times 1Thessalonians 5:1-11.
Now here are some "signs" of the Bible predicting todays events:

1. The Jews return to THERE land:
Ezekiel 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

2.False Christs or anointed ones.
Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

3.Wars and rumors of wars, Matthew 24:6, And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

4.This one speaks for its self (H1N1, Haiti) Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

5. The treatment of Jews. Matthew 24:9-14
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

and many more, but I'm out of room and tired. If you want to know the rest, just let me know. All this info is right in front of almost every soul on the earth, right in your good ole trusty King James Bible.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How many time has the bible been rewritten? ...Yeah,.. what, the "Word of God" wasn't good enough the first time. I have to agree with the majority here. It is just more of the same. Kinda sounds like he got his info from Nostradamus,.. , Now that guy knew what he was talking about.('
')

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well I seen the wacky bible bashers have shown up who haven't or can not read the bible and interpret what it says.

When the first Sermon starts what is it about?

WHEN YOU SEE THESE SIGNS AND THINGS HAPPEN YOU WILL KNOW YOUR IN THE END OF DAYS!!!

BillfromCovina

(1)Are you so ignorant to think that God himself is going to walk each and every Jew to Israel from the ends of earth?

When he led them out of Egypt did he walk with them and hold their hands singing? NO, BUT HE MADE SURE IT HAPPENED THOUGH!!

Isaiah 43
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

8 Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.

9 All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."

Isaiah 43:5-6
5Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

6I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

How can Jews come from the West of Israel from the Persian or Babylonian empires when they never were to the west of Israel? They were from the east and to the north only!!!!!!!!

Only in End times can they come from the four quarters of the earth.

P.S. The Maccabean Revolt was war against Israeli Jews and the Nephilim who lived after the great flood. A small part of Jordan would not be considered the four quarters of earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

The reason that the Bible is able to predict things like this is simply because those who wrote it received their message directly from God, and God is all-knowing.

Which God EXACTLY are you talking about? If you don't know, the word Elohim, which gives name to the Hebrew God, isn't singular, it's PLURAL, meaning "Gods", "Assembly of Gods." And yet it's just a variation of "Anakim" which means "pilots", not "angels." The word Anakim, in turn, is a corrupted version of Anunnaki - "Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came", and the word "An" means "sky", but not like a "supernatural paradise kingdom", but like "outer space", "cosmos". Indeed, the ancient astronauts described by the Sumerians. Ain't saying that!! The SUMERIANS said that, and left printed onto thousands or millions of cuneiform tablets. Then, we're right back to the theory that the "gods" of ancient civilizations were extraterrestrial colonizers. The monotheism was imposed by the Anunnaki ENLIL aka JAVEH, who apparently won or took advantage of the wide geo-political disputes with the clan of his half-brother ENKI aka PTAH to egyptians, aka SHIVA, to hindus. Fundamentalist religions with faith in a vengeful God, born in the Middle East, were imposed by the clan of ENLIL. Interestingly, in Asia we see the predominant faith of the common man that has a "divine" or an inherent superhuman condition, which can be activated when it connects with the cosmic consciousness. This doctrine, which is the basis of Buddhism, is identical to the solar religion of ATOM, created by the avatar-pharaoh Akhenaten, who was murdered by the Anunnaki groups interested in spreading the faith in one "God." And btw, was ENKI that settled this doctrine in the ancient India (Rama empire).

I do believe that does exist a cosmic inteligence or cosmic consciousness working in the universe, probably responsible by everything that does exist, but definitely this cosmic consciousness isn't paternalistic, only systematic. If you connect with it of some way, to increase your own consciousness, great. If don't, you're f*cked. It won't provide us with none "magic overjoy". The human consciousness can grow up, but it's a hard path.

However, definitely the "Gods" of ancient civilizations, were just extraterrestrial beings, highly advanced technologically, not ever morally, but misunterstood as "Lord angels", "fallen angels", "deities", whatever.

Wake up buddy!! Probably they are just up to come back in the next years, and you, don't fall in your knees, 'cos they are aliens, not gods.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

No disrespect here either, but that is also pretty crazy.

The reason the Bible is correct is because the people who wrote it were in direct communication with the Black Knight, AKA V.A.L.I.S., which serves as the interface between this universe simulation and the super-civilization which created us.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
An very interesting element that I forgot to mention, and could help us to understand ancient prophecies, is the hindu doctrine of SAMSARA WHEEL. According to vedic scriptures the human life is stuck in a trap caused by the effects of KARMA. It is important to be aware that the word "karma" means "action / reaction".

The human being lives thousands of lives in different bodies and the actions done in a previous life directly influence later. Who among you can deny that never had the feeling of mechanical repetition in various events of their lives? What's called "Deja vu"... For instance, a very ordinary situation to ilustrate the all thing: A guy fall in love for a chick, and vice versa. They make love, they build a solid relationship, they marry, they have kids, they keep married 'til die. Their karmas are strongly connected. The trend is that they will seek and meet each other and do the same thing in the next life. And the next, the next... - Oh dude, WTF does it have to do with biblical prophecies???

EVERTHING, since that 85% or mankind actions are repetitive and stuck to the mechanics of karma, we can say that "the future already was wrote". According to other ancient vedic concept, the actions done in life, create a eletromagnetic impression in the universe, like a movie being filmed. The so called "Akhashic Registers of Nature". My theory is that if the ancient Anunnaki alien race had Stargate devices and if they could travel into the time, OBVIOUSLY they could see a "future" that ALREADY would have been wrote by mankind karmic actions.

So, here we got the mystery behind ancient "prophecies", that can confirm themselves or NOT, depending if people are working to change their karmas.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All I saw in these videos was typical retrofitting of current events to various biblical passages. Very unconvincing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ok looks like there is only 1 argument being presented from the "self-fulfilling prophecy" perspective.

However I have two arguments that I think shall cripple this perspective. At least until it is far better worded or articulated.

1) The RFID Chip (Mark of the Beast). The "buy or sell" reference is explicit as is the "right hand and forehead" reference.

There cannot be retrofitted or self-fulfilled.

Here is why.

Only nature choose where the RFID chip would be implanted, not mankind or his religion.

The RFID chips will be placed in the hand or forehead because these places are easily accessed AND provide enough body heat to aid powering the device.

This is a stroke of nature, not of 2000year old mumbo jumbo. Clearly.

And so is the Microchip and Radio's technology as well, simply the work of nature. Mankind cannot retrofit modern technology to fit 2000year old prophecies, this is absolutely preposterous in every way conceivable. We did not invent radio, we discovered it.

How can I reconcile this fact, which is obvious to anyone who has done their research into RFID.

2) If modern elites are purposely having a self-fulfilling prophecy, than you must HAVE to believe that the Haiti Earthquake was man made. Because the Bible predicts tons and tons of natural disasters in the end times.

HOWEVER, the primitives 2000years ago were not aware of how common earthquakes, tsunamis, volocanic eruptions, etc, were.

Contemporary History teaches us that primitive man was largely unaware of Earth cycles and only knew about their local region. Therefore they had NO WAY TO KNOW that Natural Disasters would be WIDESPREAD.

Please Reconcile this one as well.

There are two reasons why a Self-Fulfilling prophecy is greatly unlikely from this point of view. These are strokes of nature in these cases, and the prediction of their reality thousands of years ahead was Uncanny. They simply had no way of knowing such things at all.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This guy is very good. I bet his church is full to the brim… as well as his pocketbook. I enjoyed the “entertainment”.

However, he is a deceiver… big time! He uses almost truths in his bible quotes. The verse on the screen is quoted correctly, but the narrative is twisted slightly to suit his needs.

He is using this technique to promote his “Rapture” philosophy. Churchgoers love the “Rapture” theory, as do churches. It keeps their pews and coffers full.

One particular verse in Matthew talks about the tribulation and how Jesus shorten the time from seven years to an unspecific time… possibly 6 or 7 months.

Matthew 24:22
If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Mr. Crone dumps the word “elect” which has a specific meaning and inserts “all mankind”

He does this in many places and this is deception of the highest order.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Come on, it say's the bible right on it. It's all BS IMO. No amount of coincidental proof from some far right wing nut will make most any intellectual person fall for anything from "the bible". Even brought to you by someone who insists they are not religious.

If I am off topic report me... Isn't that like baby sitting? Just my two cents.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join