It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Christian Right Madman Suggests Haiti Deserved Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Some people shouldnt be allowed to talk.

Yet another great religious thinker has joined Pat Robertson in pondering the most important question about the tragedy in Haiti: whether or not the 7.0 earthquake that has killed thousands and devastated the country's infrastructure was the act of a vengeful God.

Whole article

Source article, courtesy of Faux News..I mean Fox news..

Funny, you didnt hear these people vomiting off their half-lit opinions when the Twin Towers fell. Because America didnt deserve that.

Oh no, America is God's nation.

America: it's where Jesus was born. White Jesus.

Between Rev. Bill Shuler, and The Christian coalition grand wizard, Pat Robertson, the only people that I think deserve to get a "big bowl of smite" is these right wing christian-three ring- barkers.

These guys make me sick.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

I believe in a supreme creator, and I also believe in Jesus. But religion is being used totally the wrong way these days. The bible is a history,story,and self guidance book to give man values and hope of an afterlife if he lives the right way and seeks within. These bible thumpers who twist the book to their advantage are the ones who are,and will be asleep when the real # hits the fan...real soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've been staying out of these topics due to mixed feelings. On one hand, I do believe God uses natural disasters as judgment. On the other hand, I think it is dangerous to assign natural disasters as an act of judgment without knowing for sure.

Even Jesus was asked if certain disasters were the result of judgment caused by sin. He responded this is not necessarily so because all humanity is guilty of sin and deserving of judgment:

Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Luke 13

So although I believe it can happen and does happen, I do believe we should be careful with our claims. According to Jesus Himself, not all disasters are the result of sin because we're all guilty of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't believe god punishes anyone, I don't believe in satan or hell,

and I was born and raised in a strict family of preachers,

I believe we, being made imperfect will all have to be forgiven, I believe god judges the heart.

However, I don't know what secrets the universe holds,

I do study, Eschatology in various Religions,

en.wikipedia.org...

It can even be found in Buddhism and Native American teachings,

But maybe it is just the way of things, I don't know why I am even bringing it up.

Buddhist eschatology, as subscribed by some Buddhist schools, derives from purported Gautama Buddha's prediction that his teachings would disappear after 500 years. According to the Sutta Pitaka, the "ten moral courses of conduct" will disappear and people will follow the ten amoral concepts of theft, violence, murder, lying, evil speaking, adultery, abusive and idle talk, covetousness and ill will, wanton greed, and perverted lust resulting in skyrocketing poverty and the end of the worldly laws of true dharma.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't want to offend you because you are a mod .. but .. i will take my chances ..

What the hell are you crazy Religious people thinking ??? Do you actually worship a god that will kill Thousands just because they "Do not obey his laws" or whatever ??

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? !!! May as well worship Satan , because the God you are describing is EVIL ..

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes Ash, perhaps they need a refresher course,

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Romans, 3
as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

That would depend on your personal opinion of capital punishment. For those against it at all costs, I can understand how this would bother you (it doesn't exactly put a smile on my face, either). On the other hand, I personally do not have an issue with capital punishment and consider judgment from God along those lines. I also understand the logic behind disasters giving us a wake up call. When we're comfortable and content, we tend to forget about the more important things so sometimes hardship brings us back to our senses.

Of course, that is my opinion in general terms. As for the actual Haiti earthquake, I truly don't know and am not claiming to know like the individuals mentioned in the OP.

So you can retract your claws now and try rereading my post. I quoted a passage in the NT where Jesus stated these things are not necessarily an act of judgment.

[edit on 1/16/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes Ash, perhaps they need a refresher course,

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Romans, 3
as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;

I don't understand how you can believe in God without believing in the existance of satan as well.

Jesus even spoke of him...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sorry Ashley on this one I disagree, only a human defective mind will invent the tale that an all knowing supreme being will punish his creation because of sin.

We are humans and as humans we are judgmental and faulty that makes the god of the Christianity also faulty.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Poly, this is the conclusion I formed a long time ago while researching the roots of religion,

Jesus taught, love one another,

Many asked when the anti Christ began his/its reign, it was when Christ left the planet,

All the teachings of Christ were exchanged for the doctrines of men.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

There are quakes on Mars and minor quakes on the moon. Jupiter was struck by Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9. Supernovae have been recorded for centuries too. Natural disasters are happening all the time somewhere.

If God is responsible for disasters, why are they happening across the solar system and galaxy? Surely Jupiter and Mars haven't been negligent in their due diligence to prayer and respect?

These people that are gaining satisfaction and validating their ideas at the expense of Haiti and other disaster areas are just crap humans. Their claims only reflect a tiny minority of people that are without soul, empathy, intellect, responsibility or credibility.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Between Rev. Bill Shuler, and The Christian coalition grand wizard, Pat Robertson, the only people that I think deserve to get a "big bowl of smite" is these right wing christian-three ring- barkers

Before anything Pat Robertson is 33rd degree Freemason.
Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing.
Robertson is no sheep.
He also called for the assasination of Hugo Chavez.
Not very Christ like at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I dont care what anyone believes. Thats personal. Infact, I dont want people sharing that kind of thing with me. Telling me what God you believe in, is like telling me how you compile a grocery list.

I dont need to hear about your psychological issues, or your thought process regarding spirituality, or your justification of existance.

Dont care.

Do whatever you like. believe in God, believe in Goblins, angels, elves, fairies, Zeus.......whatever you want. Whatever makes you sleep easier, poptarts.

But hiding behind a mainstream religion, and saying that a nation deserves death, is disgusting. Not to mention cowardly.

Like I said, no one was saying: "You know, America deserved to be attacked on 9-11. They had it coming, because we are evil."

Well, maybe some of us said that....

But not these guys.

I would like to see one of these fat, one track minded, zionist a-holes deal with a situation like the people in Haiti. Hey Pat Robertson, Rev. Shuler: Lets see if you are still hiding behind your religion and occultist, nonsense opinions when everything you know is GONE.

These guys wouldnt know what to do, if they had to deal with tradgedy.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Some people shouldnt be allowed to talk.

America: it's where Jesus was born. White Jesus.

:

"America is where Jesus was born??? Who said this?
Please state your source on where you found your information.
If you have no source, then moderators, please send this to the RANT section.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was taught in Bible School that in the Old Testament that God created a flood to punish the world for their sin. After the flood he created and gave his only son Jesus as a sacrifice so the world would never suffer again for sin but be forgiven. It was told to me that he promised never again to meddle in the affairs of man until the day of judgement. I do not believe God has punished these people anymore than God punished those who died as a result of 9-11. God created a natural order and from that order comes chaos and from chaos comes death. A natural cycle of life on earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I've been staying out of these topics due to mixed feelings. On one hand, I do believe God uses natural disasters as judgment. On the other hand, I think it is dangerous to assign natural disasters as an act of judgment without knowing for sure.

I believe, on the other hand, behind the science of it all....due to my belief in science (and the fact that Im an atheist).

When people start claiming that god did this as judgement, thats when religion fearmongering becomes a problem.

Funny, I dont know how this guy can claim to be a Christian

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

But hiding behind a mainstream religion, and saying that a nation deserves death, is disgusting. Not to mention cowardly.

I think as far as Robertson goes this nails it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You missed the irony of the statement.
I was taking a shot at the idea of modern Christianity. Americans are self-important in regards to religion. They often forget that this was a religion found 2000 years ago in the middle east.
People like Pat Robertson have a biased opion as to what Christianity is, and use the religion as tool.
They promote myopic thinking. Therefore, my statement is ironic.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Fear-mongering. I meant to use that term.

Thats exactly what it is. "If youre a true Christian, you will stay inside your boxes, and dont peek, or BOOM! Youre dead".

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This kind of mess makes me sick.

Do they not realize that most of the Christians lived in Port au Prince?

The rural countryside, least affected by the quake, is where most of the Vodoun practicers live.

The Archbishop was killed! The National Cathedral leveled and many priests at the seminary were killed.

The people out in the streets have been constantly singing Christian hymns in large gatherings and praying for help.

These accusations made by Robertson and people like him are ignorant and unchristian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join