It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Christian Right Madman Suggests Haiti Deserved Earthquake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh, I'll hold you up and Judge you alright.

Jesus gave an example of being able to Judge AND still have compassion.

But he still beat the money-changers with a whip for their gross hubris.

Your hubris is as great if not more so. And I'll not be cowed by your !!!! impassioned crap.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

No offense, but no one here is Pat Robertson. No one here has supported what he said, and if I missed that post, perhaps your comments should be in reply to that!

I am a Christian, and none of what you said sounds remotely like me, or anyone else on this site!

You are free, as we all are, to criticize, but the overflow to others?

Why not just ask the ones present what they think, so it can be dealt with, if you must, in situ?

What makes you think Christians aren't pulling out their checkbooks as a RESULT of their Bible-reading? You can't know! So, pointless putdowns.

I don't agree with Pat Robertson. In my earlier post, as a Christian, i.e. an imperfect person in spiritual rehab, I wrote that anyone doing anything besides helping these people through any means necessary is dead inside.

That means me, too. Do you really not know anybody but hateful, lying Christians? Really? Well, now you do, because I have no reason to lie, and I refuse to hate my fellow humans. I was forgiven, I forgive. I was given to, I give to others.
It just gets old to hear all this without one question to the people right here who you know are Christians. If it's all true, you can simply ask what people think, then attack it. Much more effective!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The health-wealth-prosperity is God's favour people are ..... obscene.

I've personally seen this with my own eyes. The ones who are healthier, wealthier, wiser- will rip your head from its socket Like a female praying mantis after mating with a male, and defecate right down the hole if they feel like it. These are the ones praising God the most, the loudest, and the most often, while the scalps of their victims dangle from their belts. You're NOT getting this second hand, 'I heard from a friend', or 'I read it on the internet'. It has been personally experienced by me, and I am sure many others in these forums.

What you are saying is so flies in the face of the message of Jesus, that I am surprised that you don't explode.

I'm surprised that these people who are so healthy/ wealthy/ wise and so nasty they burn people to the ground who aren't in their social circle, all the while screaming 'PRAISE JESUS!" haven't been blown up by the selfsame God.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
whether you believe in the Bible or not, Haiti is a nation which has been "cursed"- who knows why or how, the only way that will change is if that independent nation becomes subservient to some greater power, such as the US

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Say what??? NO nation is to be 'subservient' to any other nation!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Say what??? NO nation is to be 'subservient' to any other nation!

I didn't say I want them to be- they can stay independent for all I care, but without begging from other nations they will remain a basket case
(ultimately it is begging)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

What needs to be done, is the corruption wiped out, and the 'interests' in that region (like Robertson's happy little diamond mine) wiped out, those people just plain shot, and order restored by honest, upstanding people.

Boy, ain't that a fantasy and a half.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekatWhat needs to be done, is the corruption wiped out, and the 'interests' in that region (like Robertson's happy little diamond mine) wiped out, those people just plain shot, and order restored by honest, upstanding people.

Boy, ain't that a fantasy and a half.

Yes, utopian in outlook, unfortuantely that will not be the reality for Haiti

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Haiti isn't cursed.

It is sitting on a tectonic plate that has already been mostly subducted beneath two gigantic plates that have been pushing it down under them into the mantle and grind it at the same time.

en.wikipedia.org...

It isn't a CURSE. It is GEOLOGY.

It is like saying you are cursed because you built your house on an active volcano. You aren't curse - you're geologically challenged.

[edit on 2010/1/19 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

even aside from it's position on earth (other nations have similar settings) it is "cursed" in that it has been consistenly run like a basketcase

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"University politics are so visicious precisely because the stakes are so small." -Kissinger

Haiti had a point during the colonial period as a stratetic social point.

It no longer has a point.

There for it can be left to be run like tribal-gang-culture gone retarded.

Further, if and when anyone interferes to stop that stupidity those cultures and governments are roundly accused of all sorts of nasty things.

Haiti is that way because it has a failed sociological-cultural concept that doesn't work in a modern world. Frankly it barely worked before then, it was just less obvious how badly it worked.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join