It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Christian Right Madman Suggests Haiti Deserved Earthquake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
From the sounds of it P.au.P was more "mainstream" christian than the outlying parts of haiti.
Maybe God's pissed off at Christianity altogether, and causing a quake over a fault line is just the first that occurs in a process of predetermined catastrophe's.
If we take race out the equation, religion is next as the most identifiable trait of a nation. SInce god judges all men equally according to their deeds, then this should easily be seen as a rebuke from God towards Christianity.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Or it could just be continental plates shifting...but I guess science is beyond the brain capacity of those idiots. What the people in Haiti need is help and compassion, not some useless commentary buy nutjobs!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Or it could just be continental plates shifting...but I guess science is beyond the brain capacity of those idiots.

Cant you tell by reading their posts?

Notice not a single response to what I said about the flood?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Does anyone else see the irony in different news medias spouting the "evils of radical Islam" vs. the teachings of Islam and how extremists are such a small minority?

Pat Robertson's church is founded on being self righteous while preaching a thinly veiled message of hate lightly sprinkled with the Gospel.

"In the beginning was the Word.
and the Word was with Pat Robertson,
and the Word was Bigot."

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

God didn;t cause a world wide flood to destroy the wicked. He caused it to destroy a race of hybrid giants that were destroying everything and eating mankind and even each other. Read the book of Enoch and learn the truth. The problem with mainline Christianity is that it was usurped long ago by secret societies and the truth perverted and dumbed down so the world wouldn't find the truth of who and what the secret societies areand who the really serve. Also to make them lukewarm and get them spit out.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

This one guy does not speak for all who love and follow God, obviously.

We're all sinners, number one, and number two, every GOOD and PERFECT thing comes from God.

Satan is the father of confusion, here to steal, kill, and destroy.

Which one sounds more like Haiti, before the earthquake AND now?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's never a good time for that. People like Mr. Robertson are what KEPT me from knowing God better, for the awesome being He is. It's hard to find in someone like this.

If he had to be deluded, did he really think this would be Christ's (or anyone else's) response to anything? Sounds more like some propaganda to turn away people's hearts from the suffering in Haiti. Only a person with a dead heart would care about anything besides helping in any way, shape, form, or fashion they possibly could.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
these people are insane!!!
"my god said to kill u..."
"oh really? mine too..."
"my god said he can kick your god's arse..."
"where is he? can i speak with him? hold on, i'll get mine down here - give me about 2000 years..."
imagine a world with no religious views except belief in a "higher power"....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have personally heard statements like that of Robertson and now Schuller for years. I have had Christians tear me to shreds over personal tragedy, blame me for things that were light years out of my control, and abuse me if I pointed out anything that was 'wrong' with the religion. (Being told God isn't a vending machine by people who obviously had *their* hand in said 'vending machine' up to their elbows smacked of hypocrisy like no one's business).

Lemme tell ya, you hear crap ( I'll be honest, the S word is well more appropriate) like that, it turns you off to a 'loving God' but QUICK. I think the Red Cross needs to take those 45000 Haitians and dump them right on Schuller and Robertson's lawn, and let those 2 old farts get snotty. I'd let those Haitians use them for a pinata.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I’m all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I’m no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth — glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven’t you seen “Crossroads”? Or “Damn Yankees”? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there’d be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox — that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it — I’m just saying: Not how I roll. You’re doing great work, Pat, and I don’t want to clip your wings — just, come on, you’re making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That’s working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best, Satan

Letter of the day -Startribune

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Compulsionist]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

I agree to an extent.

What I do disagree with is the assumption that it was secret societies that caused the damage to Christianity. Politics damaged Christianity, not secret societies. Think Constantine and the Council of Nicea.

Christianity turned away from the ways of founders such as Origen with the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. Christianity hasn't been in its true form since.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't believe it was the act of a vengeful God...that's just utter lunacy...I'm agnostic...meaning I understand the fact that I will most likely never know the truth (if there is a God or not)...but we can't blame the planet can we? I will say this...with all the damage we've done to the Earth and the life on it...maybe it was the planet getting some revenge...I couldn't blame it...I don't like little fleas crawling all over me sucking me dry either...although, I have some respect for certain human beings...I have no respect for human society...we act like uncaring and selfish beings driven by nothing but impulse and greed...I can see how it would be devastating to people who lost family in that event...but I would feel the same way even if I lost family due to it...sure, I'd be upset at the lost of loved ones, but the I'd view the event as a whole, exactly the same way as I'm describing now...karma is a b**ch...and I don't feel sympathy for a species that experiences the result of their actions...I have no pride in being a human...I could have been born as any other species on any other planet...I can just picture it now...enjoying a free life in a culture that respects all the life around us...when suddenly the humans invade our planet and destroy our sacred tree driving us out of our home land because they want the precious and expensive elements that exist under our sacred tree...then when we chose not to move off our own land, they come and fire missiles at us, burning down our sacred tree, and driving us out of our home...

EDIT: And why is it...instead of solving the problem in a civil and logical manner...maybe explaining what we did wrong and how we can change...God would rather just commit mass homicide to make a point...brilliant..

[edit on 17/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So many threads are an outgrowth of the false atheism/theism dichotomy the false "coincidence vs gods will" dichotomy.

They are neither vicitms of a Judgemental God nor of Coincidence. Instead, negative-thoughtforms created energetic-attractor-patterns which finally materialized as Disaster.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Some people shouldnt be allowed to talk.

Yet another great religious thinker has joined Pat Robertson in pondering the most important question about the tragedy in Haiti: whether or not the 7.0 earthquake that has killed thousands and devastated the country's infrastructure was the act of a vengeful God.

Whole article

Source article, courtesy of Faux News..I mean Fox news..

Funny, you didnt hear these people vomiting off their half-lit opinions when the Twin Towers fell. Because America didnt deserve that.

Oh no, America is God's nation.

America: it's where Jesus was born. White Jesus.

Between Rev. Bill Shuler, and The Christian coalition grand wizard, Pat Robertson, the only people that I think deserve to get a "big bowl of smite" is these right wing christian-three ring- barkers.

These guys make me sick.

What the f*** is wrong with these trash of humanity? Drop all these f***** on an island with people of other faiths and no faith to teach these god damn pricks , they have no clue how to act in a civilized manner. It won't take long for them to cry "momy". The views of extreme members of any faith belong in the dark ages. At the end of the day what ever you believe, for me it starts with compassion. The rest is not that important.

To be so critical of people having so much suffering makes me want to throw up. Religous nut jobs have to me never been very bright. I'l go as far as saying they are a bunch of jack ass fools They try to use their limited intellgence to solve complex problems. You want to help others? Toss your bible, koran or whatever off a cliff, and roll up your sleeves, or get out your check book. Stop being so god damn arrogant by trying to save peoples souls, and start by saving their lives. Let the universe take care of it self.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I like the way you think.

Thank you for being one of the only people on the thread, not sharing their own convictions to battle these right wing christian's convictions.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
maybe some of these so called "CHRISTIAN RIGHT MADMAN" could defect to the left wing Climate Change movement, supported by madmen, and blame deaths across the world on humans

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

So many threads are an outgrowth of the false atheism/theism dichotomy the false "coincidence vs gods will" dichotomy.

They are neither vicitms of a Judgemental God nor of Coincidence. Instead, negative-thoughtforms created energetic-attractor-patterns which finally materialized as Disaster.

I agree with you.

But...

Many countries have the same negative thoughforms throughout the world. Many countries are worse than Haiti.

Many places, including some places in America, should be ripe for massive earthquakes and natural disasters.

Who is thinking negatively towards Haiti? Haiti is just a poor place. Most people there are hoping for the best.

I can think of better places that would be ripe for natural disasters.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

On one hand, I do believe God uses natural disasters as judgment.

But that puts the fear in people into believing and worshipping him, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Funny, you didnt hear these people vomiting off their half-lit opinions when the Twin Towers fell. Because America didnt deserve that.

Because they would of been lynched!

I agree, these people are spouting idiocy.

Oh no, America is God's nation.

America: it's where Jesus was born. White Jesus.

oooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk, have a white guilt/hate complex much?

The real sad thing is that NO ONE in the USA gave a rats behind about these people except the missionaries that were down there long before this happened, so dont blame ALL christians for the ranting of a few at the pulpit. What was it Jeremiah Wright said? Oh, yes.... but he is yet just another example of people abusing authority within religious organizations.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
good point, some people are really racist when it comes to Jesus and they detest the notion of a white looking Jesus (which is a perfect possibility as to this day white looking people exist in the region)

In any event, if you believe in jesus, then him having white skin should not offend you

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join