It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Christian Right Madman Suggests Haiti Deserved Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Funny, you didnt hear these people vomiting off their half-lit opinions when the Twin Towers fell. Because America didnt deserve that.

Didn't "the gays" cause Katrina? I mean in the minds of these people.

No what's really funny is how these guys only have the balls to make these pronouncements from within the walls of Fox News headquarters. I want to actually see one of them go to Haiti and tell them face to face what brought this disaster upon them, in their minds. Surely if it's the truth, the sky wizard would keep him safe and he'd have nothing to fear.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Man that's sad that some Christians push their ideology to far

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Some people shouldnt be allowed to talk.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to talk huh???

Another American who is against the Bill of Rights/Constitution...

No wonder this country is ruined.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This kind of mess makes me sick.

Do they not realize that most of the Christians lived in Port au Prince?

The rural countryside, least affected by the quake, is where most of the Vodoun practicers live.

The Archbishop was killed! The National Cathedral leveled and many priests at the seminary were killed.

The people out in the streets have been constantly singing Christian hymns in large gatherings and praying for help.

These accusations made by Robertson and people like him are ignorant and unchristian.

Haitian religion was voodoo. There weren't many Christians there.

Not that I'm saying Pat Robertson is correct.

Jesus said we'd know people by their fruits. Christians don't go around practicing voodoo for a living like they did.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I think he means some people should take a good long hard look at themselves and realise that they are full of the proverbial dog poo.

There was no need to say what he did, it was racist and derogatory and if assault were legal...I wouldnt mind belting this so-called Christian a-hole in the mouth

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

That is only in the rural countryside. The cities are mostly Catholic. Have you not seen them on the news constantly singing hymns? These people are singing hymns to G-d, not to the Loa.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I think he means some people should take a good long hard look at themselves and realise that they are full of the proverbial dog poo.

There was no need to say what he did, it was racist and derogatory and if assault were legal...I wouldnt mind belting this so-called Christian a-hole in the mouth

Why allow him to get to you?? It's only words. Some people like to say outlandish things to get a response. If people stop responding then maybe he'd knock it off. But, if he did it for the response, then he got what he wanted already.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I dont think he would knock it off. He shoudlnt have said it in the first place. I mean its not like he was interviewed by the media and asked his opinion, he just came out and decided his opinion was the right opinion.

And if you open your mouth on something, when its not needed, you deserve to have someone tear you a new one

Im taking a stab in the dark here and assuming you are defending him on the basis of your religious preference

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How does one rectify the loving Jesus with a god that would kill babies and children as some sort of vengeful act for the bad behavior of their nation, especially bad behavior that supposedly happened over a hundred years ago.

Why would this god who is supposed to call on his followers to minister to others, feed the poor, give more of themselves then they ask others to give to them, and above all practice love also level an entire city of predominantly catholic people? (who are in fact Christians besides the bizarre insistence to the contrary)

I also ask what you as Christians are doing to help the people in this situation. Have you donated money, are you going to contribute to drives for food water and clothing?

Do you see the mothers wailing for their children trapped inside a school and truly feel that they might somehow deserve this suffering, what does god have to do with that exactly.

Did the little girl who was trapped for three days only to be freed and die the next day due to lack of medical care really die as some sort of retribution for the people of her nation that might have some alternative beliefs.

Certainly everyone has the right to their own opinions, but the fact that whether or not the Haitians might have deserved this is so prevalent truly disturbs me.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Religion at it's worst is bad, and this isn't even at its worst.

If these madmen ever need a helping hand with food and water, they'll be begging for it just like anyone else and their prayers alone will get them nowhere. Pathetic that these people think they are better than everyone else.

People like that are the product of a false education on the basis of religious teachings and make-believe history, pseudo-science and whatever other related forms of pretentious learning.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This isn't about retribution for past sins.

It's thinly disguised racism from the religious right wing.

If it would have been a white nation destroyed; the religious right would be singing a completely different tune. IMO

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
These are the false prophets that are setting christianity up for a fall. They are Masons or rose crucian, take your pick they are for the most part luciferians in secret.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These guys are just alienating themselves more and more. Maybe that IS what they want though. It is seeming more and more each day that there is a growing number of people that are trying to create more and more divisions in order to serve their own interests.

Sure, it has happened for a long time but, I really do think that it is becoming a much more common tactic, you see it every where you look.

What really gets me is how outlets like CBN are tolerated for so long, since 1961 in the case of the CBN. I guess it goes to show you how entrenched and 'lobbied' these people are with the people pulling strings in the Media and Government.

Whenever I watch stuff like this on TV I break into uncontrollable laughter. It's really more of a defense mechanism really, if I don't laugh, I'll get too upset.

Jackasses, people like this are just Jackasses. People like Pat Robertson and Bill Shuler simply lack a certain degree of mental and social maturity. How naive and judgmental can we get? Mr. Robertson and Shuler have demonstrated it well.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Both of those so called Christian preachers have spent their lives pimping the Son of God like a common twenty dollar whore to make themselves rich and famous. There is nothing Christian about that.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Darn Groingrinder, (lo and behold I always thought it was gorigrinder you naughty boy)
you have put it just beautiful.

I call what this religious leaders spew as nothing but diarrhea, and to tell the truth and be honest, my now very fundamentalist parent also believe that diarrhea.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I received an email from one of the charities I support with an update from their director there where he says that they can hear the cries of the children buried under the rubble of their schools.

These men are disgusting, gross, inhumane, and frankly evil.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why is everyone so surprised?

Crazy talk like this is replete throughout the bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
80% of Haitians are Catholic, 16% are Protestant...but all that is besides the point.

It's a total disgrace that some lunatics use their perverted version of religion to justify this catastrophe. Christianity should be about compassion (it's one of the cornerstones), but those nutjobs stating that the Haitians had it coming aren't Christians, they're people living according their own perverted religion. They're nothing but sect followers, like the Scientology guys.

Even if they were right, who wants to follow the teachings of a god who thinks it's ok to slaughter women and children (even if most follow his teachings), just because some don't follow his teachings? I know I wouldn't. I'd spit on a god like that!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Actually, they did. Jerry Falwell ring a bell? :shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Man that's sad that some Christians push their ideology to far

On the contrary, they dont take their ideology far enough.

Xtians are rebuking pat robertson left and right for saying god caused the haiti quake, yet they have no problem telling everyone that god caused a worldwide flood to destroy all wicked people.

Hypocrisy rears its head again.

Discuss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join