It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm only trying to figure out a scenario how ct-sites may get shut down without drawing too much attention and creating new conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Perhaps all the posts about dis-info agents are real.

How do I sign up?

I'd love to get paid for posting.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
This Sunstein has intelligence community written all over him. He actually has written several books, one of which openly challenges the right to free speech.

Here's a quote from his WIKIPEDIA:

"In his book Democracy and the Problem of Free Speech, Sunstein says there is a need to reformulate First Amendment Law."

There you have it folks.

I think you should have posted a more detailed quote:

”The purpose of this reformulation would be to “reinvigorate processes of democratic deliberation, by ensuring greater attention to public issues and greater diversity of views.”

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is all reverse psychology.

Print a story with a headline like "Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups" in the world's biggest conspiracy website and you have just made the majority of these conspiracy theorists completely paranoid.

The story is to inject distrust into the conspiracy community, paranoia and the like.

Besides, its not like the TPTB have not been here before this story. They've have always been keeping an eye on public opinion and the internet is monitored weather you like it or not. Don't get so worried over this story, its birdcage liner material.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

I'm only trying to figure out a scenario how ct-sites may get shut down without drawing too much attention and creating new conspiracy theories.

Basically what Sunstein really wants to do is open up new laws that can allow for sites that post 'slanderous' and 'unsubstantiated' material to be sued.

The sites as well as the posters who deviate from 'official' dogmas could be liabel for financial penalty.

Ultimately that is where he would like to take it.

He's probably eyeing this thread and thinking of filing a few of his own about now.

Our best defense against an out of control government is vocal beligerence in response to it.

So much of what has happened in the last 38 years as far as transferring American Industry and Wealth off shore, stagnating wages, adding government controls and taking away liberties actually stems from the late 1960's and early 1970's.

During the height of the Counter Culture Hippie Movement there were times that up to a million dope smoking long haired free love, fornicating, tripping, and grooving make love not war types would congregate on the Washington Mall accross from the White House.

Some of them even made signs and some of them amazingly even spelled the words correctly!

Nixon looked at the Secret Service one day and said "My G-d there are millions of them, how can we stop them if they decide to come over the White House fence?"

The Secret Service's reply of course was "Well, we can't! There are too many of them".

It has been nothing but a slow incremental campaign to dumb down America and take away it's wealth so citizens could never afford to congregate like that, mobilize like that, or present that kind of threat in the future.

The reality is though that at this stage now that we have been dumbed down and impoverished people are like...hey who took the cookie from the cookie jar?

Eventually they are going to figure out that it was the government and why the government did it, and that could lead to anger and backlash.

Solution, keep us poor and stupid and frightened.

Being poor ain't so bad!

Being stupid ain't so bad!

But being frightened is where I draw the line!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
His report is interesting though is idea of informational cascades and availability cascades as well as reputational influences is equally debtable with attention to the media. Do they not spread information to people who seek it as the most conveniently available (T.V, newspaper) and then form their own beliefs based on that information. Is it not likely that others they hold as peers and friends would discuss it or hear ofit also and upon finding others who agree with the talking point, reaffirm their own belief.

His argument for the spread of conspiracy is sound but could also be applied to the media though from the stand point of his paper their nothing questionable about our "free and open society" with its equally "free press" of crack invesitgative journalists with their no holds barred approach to delivering us what we need to know.

I don't know it makes good points about people being unwilling to accept information that refutes their side of the argument because it comes from a source that, by virtue of their beliefs, is untrustworthy, however I would argue that is equally true of the media and educational institutions at large.

Many well researched alternate theories on everything from philosophy to economics to history and science, have never been touched on or given the same respect as papers that favour the entrenched views of said institutions.

In my oppinion this is a failure on his part to account for the control of information and its weight as a currency for swaying oppinion; concepts, given the nature of his work with law, he should be familiar with as I was taught them in my civics class in grade 10.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Bless you for another very important topic thread...S&F I agree this is a direct affront to all ATS'ers and their freedom to seek TRUTH. Deception can not stand in the light of truth. They must silence us. I am not afraid of being placed on a list. I was probably on Nixon's list back when I stood against the Viet Nam war. I also agree that mis-info agents are already here on ATS...so what? Bring them on. Truth outs deception. Time to stand tall for freedom!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
All I have to say to Obama is... instead of descending more infiltrators and spies onto the masses, be a man and address the issues at hand in an honest way by allowing open investigation upon our last president and his cabinet, and anyone else involved in this. Allow everything that fire fighters and rescue workers have seen first hand that have been openly discussed all over blogs and youtube to be brought onto the table and examined and taken seriously, rather than try to call all of these people, including their questioning families, survivors (etc) liars, and stop lying and dishonoring the dead.

I'm so tired of the lies. Does Obama really think the American people are stupid? Oh nevermind.... he managed to get into the WH.

They want to slowly but surely dissasemble the internet and rebuild it underneath their authority so that they can control it. The one thing they cannot control is the internet (unless they shut it off). It's a runaway train and they are sooner or later going to stop it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Bless you for another very important topic thread...S&F I agree this is a direct affront to all ATS'ers and their freedom to seek TRUTH. Deception can not stand in the light of truth. They must silence us. I am not afraid of being placed on a list. I was probably on Nixon's list back when I stood against the Viet Nam war. I also agree that mis-info agents are already here on ATS...so what? Bring them on. Truth outs deception. Time to stand tall for freedom!

Thank you my friend as always for sharing and posting.

I don't think it can be said often enough but the truth is...

"The only thing it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing in the face of it."

I have been on the lists since the 70's speaking of those good old days, that, this thread were made for this song.

Proto doesn't just write Proto plays the drums too!

Thanks for posting and blessings to you!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
CIA all over him ! look at his Face looks just like a Bush to me

this is what awaits him !

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ahhh, thanks P-Traveler, brings back memories of walking down Wells St in Old Town, Chicago with all the freaks! Wow, what a time to live. We were oppressed then...just to idealistic to care. We can overcome this evil again. Power to the People!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the article S&F!

I am not an Alex Jones fan but I think the site name "Infowars" sums up the current situation pretty well.
It is nothing new however. Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent" is a great book on propaganda.

I think more and more people are waking up to the fact that the "choices" we have in media, political, social and educational life are in reality no "choice" at all.

There is an agenda driven "truth" we are meant to consume from cradle to grave.
We are hypnotized...mesmerized and anesthetized, thoroughly washed, pressed and folded neatly into compartments ...we are never intended to be free.

The "truth" is irrelevant to power.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Got to page 5 and excellent read everyone. That includes u whatuno, just quit picking on me and getting me so damn irate, you know I have thin skin.

Proto, and many others, excellent points throughout and also some good ideas of further research.

One thing touched on, I believe we have infiltrated them. Do you ever wonder why so much stuff just seems to fall into our laps? That right there puts a smile on my face.

As for the division they are attempting, it will fail. Even if they can divide us completely into different factions. All the factions still know the government is behind it all, don't we?

Will finish reading the rest later. Just wanted to drop a comment. Later.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Ahhh, thanks P-Traveler, brings back memories of walking down Wells St in Old Town, Chicago with all the freaks! Wow, what a time to live. We were oppressed then...just to idealistic to care. We can overcome this evil again. Power to the People!!!

Ah yes the good old days. Thankfully I have lived my whole life trapped in the 70's! For me it’s always been about a peaceful revolution and evolution against oppression. I wonder what I would do to fill up my time if the people ever finally won out against the tyrants and despots who beat down the multitudes and scoff at the wise.

Fight the good fight my friend, fight the good fight. Together we all can actually make a difference.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Thanks for posting Leo Stauss, the good news is information is power and getting that word out about what our friends in Washington are up to and doing is half the battle.

The great thing is, that when push comes to shove, it isn't just everything we do and say that can be held against us in a court of law, but everything lying and corrupt manipulative politicians like Cass Sunstein say and do can be held against them in a court of law.

It's always a good idea to remind the political and corporate class that!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Got to page 5 and excellent read everyone. That includes u whatuno, just quit picking on me and getting me so damn irate, you know I have thin skin.

Aww, if I didn't pick on you, you wouldn't think outside your own box, admit it, I am good for ya.
sure I might piss you off, but if I didn't you wouldn't check yourself.

The fact is, if you can defend your theory against me, your doing alright.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

rawstory.com

By Daniel Tencer

In a 2008 academic paper, President Barack Obama's appointee to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs advocated "cognitive infiltration" of groups that advocate "conspiracy theories" like the ones surrounding 9/11.

Cass Sunstein, a Harvard law professor, co-wrote an academic article entitled "Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures," in which he argued that the government should stealthily infiltrate groups that pose alternative theories on historical events via "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sounds like the 9/11 conspiracy South Park Episode, and that's been 2-3 years ago.

Nothing new here, move along.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by endisnighe

Aww, if I didn't pick on you, you wouldn't think outside your own box, admit it, I am good for ya.
sure I might piss you off, but if I didn't you wouldn't check yourself.

The fact is, if you can defend your theory against me, your doing alright.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by whatukno]

ATS is always interested in what the Great Wukky knows!

Waterboard please!

Just kidding I know you will tell us!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And to think...There are many people on ATS who actually believe that there have been disinformation agents working feverishly to counter 911 and other conspiracy claims. Gee, I wonder where we would get that idea???

I guess we got our answer...didn't we???

So...now that it is official, we can collectively ignore the idiots who derail threads non-stop for selfish, corporate, and government purposes of control. If this article doesn't do it for ya, then you're working for the other team.

They obviously have an agenda which is the reason why these so called "skeptics and debunkers" even exist. Yes, there are some people who simply don't believe and I'm sure that they have nothing to do with being a paid disinfo agent. However, the one's that stick around to constantly insult and insist that there is nothing dubious going on (nothing to see here...just move on), are the one's that you should suspect the most. They obviously have something to lose or gain in their efforts to sway the opinions of the general public.

Now you guys know FOR SURE. Put the debunkers or skeptics on ignore and let them speak to themselves.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I'm having a hard time with this term: cognitively infiltrated

Cause to me, that sounds like they want to Mind *Screw* us.

What is that, cognitively infiltrated?

How is that done to someone?

You ask them questions.

They want to know what makes people believe conspiracies, and want to rebut them to undermine the theories.

Ziggy

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join