It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Cass Sunstien didn't just write this white paper off the cuff. His classes, many of which were attended by our 'Fearless Leader' are rife with these fascist ideas on how to 'RULE the US and deplete the rights we hold dear in our Constitution. Many of his lectures are available and most of the ideas he has in this paper are in those lectures. He and the rest of these 'Czars" are cut from the same cloth and walk lock step to the same drum beat. Holdren, Sunstien et all are a dangerous threat to our existence. Those who still seem to think all is well will inevitably be targets just like the rest. Useful idiots aren't needed once the revolution takes place. They are loose strings that will be purged! History has shown this to be true with all despots!

Zindo

[edit on 1/14/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

For me the moment was having a member ask me what planet I was from... And was totally serious about it.

What planet are you from?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5263403eb86b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is Mr. Crippled Epistemology himself Cass Sunstein.

Honestly his name sounds like a conspiracy in and of itself!

I am guessing mom and dad really loved Cass Eliot and the Mamma’s and the Pappas?

Evidently crippled epistemology is when you don’t trust traditional news sources and rely on to few that you personally favor.

I think Mr. Sunstein might be suffering from that himself now that I think about it.

Evidently he favors non-government experts to rebut conspiracy theorist’s theories as actual government employees shouldn’t be telling us what to say or think!

These guys need to get laid. Their pent up sexual frustrations are making them nuttier every day.

He should try to be the first spy so someone scull crushes him with a 30.06

I swear people like this need to be removed from this country by their toe nails. Its our right to question Mr. Potato head if we feel like it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No global warming is a conspiracy theory of course, according to CS, or at least he mentions that as an example to be taken to court or banned, in his proposal paper. Sadly, his paper was written some time ago, before the Angliagate scandal, (East Anglia University in the UK) which has shown that some Dons there were attempting to manipulate figures in favour of Global Warming. This man is a total arras and Obama should give him a bye bye.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I doubt the reason he stated this should be outsourced had anything to do with the actual reason behind the suggestion. You don't want a low end government employee feeling sorry for a group of people and helping them at all. So you outsource, set cut throat expectations, and turn your back while carnage unfolds. Then when the dust settles, you claim incompetence, the people are somehow satisfied by this, and you move
on to the next pillage project.

Of course out sourcing.
We all have heard of NASA. When they screw up they are an independent contractor
using other contractors like ( Thiokol Propulsion ) eek!
When they deliver (which is seldom) then the Government officials smile for the cameras.
All of the US intelligence agencies incorporate a mass of civilian humanity to defer
their lack of (perceived intelligence) upon.
Osama bin Laden, diaper boy, Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan (a Christian Palestinian by the way).
Just to name a few.
It's the perfect SHELL game.
Oh! I forgot to mention HAARP and the University of Alaska.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo
I think you are in pretty good shape with your above post,
Please do me a favor and reference Fasciest and Czar.
Then also take a peek at Marxist, Bolshevik, Zionist.
Thanks Donny

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

These guys need to get laid. Their pent up sexual frustrations are making them nuttier every day.

Seriously with a face like that I don't even think money would help him in that department.

It just goes to show you if you stay in school until you are fifty you can eventually get your revenge.

Thank goodness for the academics of the world...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Like they don't, and haven't been to places like here and other groups/sites all over already....

Seriously, this isn't anything new, they're just being brazen about it now. I guess it lets us know where the administration stands on the truth about what happened in 9/11. So I guess this means they'll be "infiltrating" Brigham Young University because of their thermite study? If it hasn't been done already that is...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein, in a new book called "Rumors," suggests that's why so many people today believe patently absurd things: Because they seek out other people who believe the same things. "Rumors spread through two different but overlapping processes: social cascades and group polarization," Sunstein contends. "Cascades occur because each of us tends to rely on what other people think and do. If most of the people we know believe a rumor, we tend to believe it, too. Lacking information of our own, we accept the views of others. When the rumor involves a topic on which we know nothing, we are especially likely to believe it." Ignorance virus This may always have been true, Sunstein writes, but the Internet has helped spread the ignorance virus throughout the body politic. People who believe, for example, that President Obama is a Kenyan can find lots of validation for those beliefs by visiting sites that trade in rumors. You can discover that the Holocaust was a hoax and that AIDS was a government plot to destroy the black population. Sunstein says research shows that the more you tell people that the facts do not back up their beliefs, the more strongly they cling to them. This is dangerous for the body politic, in that decisions are not made on facts: "To the extent that the Internet enables people to live in information cocoons, or echo chambers of their own design, different rumors will become entrenched in different communities." Naturally, those who trade in rumors are worried about this, mainly because President Obama named Sunstein as head of the White Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. They envision a world of "truth squads" in which Glenn Beck, for example, would be held accountable for some of the stupid thing he says.

www.etaiwannews.com...

Man oh man this is blatant! Had to share it. From what I can gather our ideas should be considered illegal and we should be held accountable. Can anyone see the whole free speech thing being stomped into the ground with this guy?

Edited to add link.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Poor Cass what's patently absurd is patently absurd.

Could you imagine going down to the patent office and saying, hey I have this really absurd notion and I want to patent it?

The reality is our Government is absurd!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo
I think you are in pretty good shape with your above post,
Please do me a favor and reference Fasciest and Czar.
Then also take a peek at Marxist, Bolshevik, Zionist.
Thanks Donny

It seems they are a melding of all you've mentioned one way or another. They take from any system they can to undermine our freedoms no matter what. In any case I consider them the most dangerous of the many politicos to have been installed in the offices they inhabit. Nothing they do bodes well for the US or it's citizens!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well think about it. This guy is concerned that people seek out the same things that they believe. He even admits that this has always been the case even before the internet. So people would entertain their ideas and so on without the internet back in the day.

Now with the advent of the internet, everyone can share their ideas globally. With no access to some materials, theories are made. Ideas spring up. So if those ideas are not to his liking, or what he deems to be correct, they are patently false. He'll work toward severely restricting the internet I'm sure.

Why don't they just come right and tell us what the real truth is then? With the documentation to accompany it. Oh, that will not work either? Because of what? National security and stuff along those lines? Right. These are the people running the show. How do we get ourselves out of this hurt locker?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

What a ansty statement..to me it osunds like he is calling 9/11 a historic event? Is he effin nuts! He thinks that was a historic event? I always thought a historic event, wa someting nearly impossible made to achivement* aka bridges, skyskrapers totaly redesigned, going to the moon was a historic event* causing 9/11 was NOT a historic event* it was tragedy* they just want us to keep in the dark, just like being left in a sheobox in a closet with NO light on, so they can keep maiupulating, controling, and taking our money, laundering it all amongst themselves and impose as many taxes on us as they can, and spend as much as they can in other areas of the world, and leave us to die basically.

Pretty narrow definition of "historic". You don't think people will be talking about 9/11 for years to come. 100 years, maybe 200 years? The San Fransisco earthquake of 1906 was a tragedy, likewise the London Fire, and the Boxing Day Tsunami. The sacking of Rome, the Crusades, the assassination of JFK. They are all tragedies and they are all historic events.

(I don't understand how you got from tragedy/history to being kept in a showbox, but never mind)

Vocabulary is becoming impoverished by media hyperbole and overuse of superlatives to the point of egregious epistemological error.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"Now with the advent of the internet, everyone can share their ideas globally. With no access to some materials, theories are made. Ideas spring up. So if those ideas are not to his liking, or what he deems to be correct, they are patently false. He'll work toward severely restricting the internet I'm sure."

Hi Jack, that's the same as I was referring to in my post back a bit, the man is daft, arrogant and is dangerous to be so near a man of power.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by muzzleflash

It all boils down to control. These control freaks can't stand the fact that they can't completely control the message.

That's what it is really all about, as the government and the corporations get further and further out there, they really depend on the vast majority believing all the lies they put out there.

At some point the reality is that if enough people stop believing and it reaches a critical mass...?

Thanks for posting.

it does boil down to control......i think that the world is a mess and those of us that read between the lines will never be "satisfied" with the way things are run.....there will always be corruption.....there will always be conspiracy's........i mean with capitalism (nothing wrong with it inherently IMO) you are begging for conspiracy's because millions will do plenty of deception to make more and more $$$....they will bend their morals...they will rationalize thingss to themselves.....and when you have a middle class who DOESN'T want to HEAR the badnews.....and doesn't have a media that is not heavily influenced by many LARGE INDUSTRY's...especially finance....that (will not tell them a unbiased perspective....you have a recipe for ignorance.

The lower the Standard of living goes as well as the LESS willfully people are willing to be ignorant the MORE DIFFICULT it IS to control the social order peacefully! which = the more one needs to rule with an iron fist to maintain order......IS it worth it to give people the truth if 9/11 were orchestrated by inside intrests....would the ave..person....just lump together that the "whole gov't was in on it" or is suspicious in that regard....and then ...people would be taking to the streets with guns..so maybe it is better to keep a lid on things....you shouldn't be afraid to look at it from that perspective.....in some ways i think that subconsciously people may realize that waking up in mass 1. will one force them to change and give a care...2. not necessarily be a good thing for their positive outlook on life.....3. collectively it could lead to china like rules and loss of freedoms as less people willfully ignorant may cause gov't to crack down harder to maintain control...and they will rather be blissful and take the slow boil technique....

Social order is a very important thing to maintain....i think in times like these it is increasingly delicate...and governments....intelligence agency's and the like understand this .....when you have a worldwide monetary system where central banks have indebted gov'ts the world over and preside over monetary policy you have a recipe for economic terrorism...(not saying central banks are evil...just too good "businessmen")

Propping up the stock market and other asset values to maintain the pension system and middle class and avoid riots has become a national security issue IMO....same as extending unemploymen benny's for 2 years plus...stems off a lot of violence

As i look down the line it appears something has to give.....it could be reducing the population in the most end around way (infertility....thru chemicals....thru lower standards of living and less access to medicine)is the chosen strategy given the current power system that is in place combined with a monetary system that is breeding a wider divide that is slowly eliminating the middle class...with this lower standard of living on the way....it wouldn't be a bad idea to feed people the option (since people want to be happy rather than sad) that ehh so the standard of living is down...i will see this as myself having less a carbon footprint and doing good for the Planet as opposed to just becoming poor and upset. Again maintaining the rule of law /social order is more delicate than i think most people believe.....and their are plans too maintain this at the cost of deception w/o the blink of an eye......what ever the most people are willing to swallow ...especially when you have a efficient media machine capable of molding opinions.

Is there enough organization to pull this off....is there enough long term planning..are we just throwing a hailmary? and yes things are this delicate and unstable when you have a monetary system the way it is (dependent on a mountain or debt being fed at all costs) combined with massive revolving doors between big industry's and gov't....where big industry's have govt's acting in the best intrests for them and not the people.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

A thought came to mind as I was reading this...
Sustein (sp?) is terrified the truth is having light shone upon the reality of given situation, or circumstance which according to gov. standards has been officially handed-down to the "sheeple." Why was the word "corral" used? Makes me wonder!!!

S&F for OP

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Free Speech is dangerous would be the best synopsis of his beliefs. So yes, we should be plenty worried.

Any idea he does not share is dangerous, would be yet another good short version of his beliefs.

I don't see any subterfuge here though. I'd say he believes everything he says fully. That makes him exponentially more dangerous.

How could any person who spends their entire lives immersed in the world of academia be any other way. Our mistake as a society is being foolish enough to think such people can be trusted with power. Their limited, controlled lives in no way qualify them to lead. Those who leave and enter the world of reality outside the Ivy covered walls come to incredibly different conclusions based on far more evidence. They loose entirely their starry eyed worship of those badly dressed, poorly groomed people standing at the podiums declaring what is reality and what is not.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Perhaps ATS can convert them?"

I've converted one that I know of... Out of respect, of course, I will not go into details.

Look guys, these folks are people just like the rest of us. Stick to your stuff and it will take care of itself.

Afterall, any joe on the street can echo anything that any disinfo agent can muster and receive the same exact accusations... "You're disinfo!!!"

Truth be told, they are just here to do a job. And in fact, most of them probably have very little knowledge in the area. If you convince them, you convince them... Then suddenly, they aren't so good at their jobs anymore. In fact, they just sorta' stop posting here.

I've seen it happen.

Edit to add - Perhaps instead of saying that *I* converted one, I should have said that I have SEEN one "convert" and I like to think that what I had to say had something to do with it.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
"Perhaps ATS can convert them?"

I've converted one that I know of... Out of respect, of course, I will not go into details.

Look guys, these folks are people just like the rest of us. Stick to your stuff and it will take care of itself.

Afterall, any joe on the street can echo anything that any disinfo agent can muster and receive the same exact accusations... "You're disinfo!!!"

Truth be told, they are just here to do a job. And in fact, most of them probably have very little knowledge in the area. If you convince them, you convince them... Then suddenly, they aren't so good at their jobs anymore. In fact, they just sorta' stop posting here.

I've seen it happen.

Edit to add - Perhaps instead of saying that *I* converted one, I should have said that I have SEEN one "convert" and I like to think that what I had to say had something to do with it.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by JayinAR]

How the heck did you know this spook was a spook?
You are so humble that not only can you pick them out,
you can bring them to their knees. Politically correct to boot. wow
Kinda like ,"it takes one to know one" to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Now you do realize Donny if it takes one to know one, and Jay was one, and you spotted Jay as being one too, that would make you one too right?

Jay is a great poster, and posts across the board, and has some great theories of his own on some very intriguing things.

One thing I try to do when I have doubts about someone is to take a look at their posting history, the variety of topics, and their demeanor in how they post.

It works a lot better than just being suspicious of everyone and everything.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join