It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well it has certainly given me food for thought ProtoplasmicTraveler, what are the chances of those words coming up by accident?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh no, PHAGE has finally been outed ! But I am sure his friend Greeneyedleo will remove this post as he has any other post which question his friend who works for TPTB, and have me banned as well, are they in it togeather ??????????????

Yes I guess so.......

Perhaps someone might want to quote this post, just in case it is removed !

Notice how someone has been keeping a low profile, even if they have been online a lot recently?????????

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Qwenn]

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Qwenn]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Control - control - control -
Don't allow them to speak -
Don't allow them to think -
Don't allow them to question -

[edit on 14-1-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
Well it has certainly given me food for thought ProtoplasmicTraveler, what are the chances of those words coming up by accident?

Very slim. Almost every word I post is entirely intentional. Can't speak for you and others, of course.

The term 'crippled epistemology' was not coined by Sunstein. It's certainly a fitting term for a certain style of reasoning.

I have also read Sunstein's recent articles, though.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

It sounds to me like someone has been doing some studying.

Some of these people are pretty good at deflecting, taking things of course, turning things around to use it as a platform for their own agenda.

Others are adept at just picking out the one little thing from a great post that they have a half a chance of making look bad.

They will do anything to get you to contradict yourself or loose your cool.

Some people definately study it, and they really hate it when they know that you know that they have and won't fall for their traps.

Reality is what we all make it, and some people are desperate to suck you into theirs.

It's a game.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's some info that I got from Wikipedia that provides tons of sourcing for those who really want to get at the heart of this issue.

All the information here is substantiated and contains some stuff that the general public should know about disinformation. Its been regularly practiced for quite some time by the CIA as well as other agencies for the United States.

The same know it all skeptics that attack valid information on these sites will be the same one's who will claim that this information is not reputable. However, they'll really have to go out of their way to disprove some of these historical practices. So for those who want to stay informed, this will be of value.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

From The Sourced Article In The Opening Post
in which he argued that the government should stealthily infiltrate groups that pose alternative theories on historical events via "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine" those groups.

So...the Head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs uses a term "undermine" when discussing conspiracy theorists, a group of people he is attempting to discredit and whom have been long associated with paranoia...

As if "undermine" wasn't a term that denotes conflict...as well, by calling for an "infiltration" by the government, does he not realize that by definition he is calling for the birth of a conspiracy; to conspire against the conspiracy theorists?

Either he's a moron or the point of his call is intended as a means of dissaugement for the people who haven't already started investigating on their own (those who still believe in the Land of equality and the evening news). The terms he used are divisive and coming from an authoritative position, his 'calling to arms' so to speak will implicitly label us the bad guys and garner support for his effort.

From The Sourced Article In The Opening Post
By "crippled epistemology" Sunstein means that people who believe in conspiracy theories have a limited number of sources of information that they trust.

So...again, we have the Head of The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs stating that people have a limited number of sources of information that can be trusted since the integration of the internet...which just so happens to provide more sources of subjective and objective information then back in the day when it was either a newspaper or Network News...

Given that...we are just now experiencing 'crippled epistimology'?

Give me a break; this guy is a yahoo though I think we all know that there was/is going to be a time when internet communications were going to be an overt focal point of government...

It'll be fun pointing out the rhetorical traps and false dichotomies...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What a ansty statement..to me it osunds like he is calling 9/11 a historic event? Is he effin nuts! He thinks that was a historic event? I always thought a historic event, wa someting nearly impossible made to achivement* aka bridges, skyskrapers totaly redesigned, going to the moon was a historic event* causing 9/11 was NOT a historic event* it was tragedy*
they just want us to keep in the dark, just like being left in a sheobox in a closet with NO light on, so they can keep maiupulating, controling, and taking our money, laundering it all amongst themselves and impose as many taxes on us as they can, and spend as much as they can in other areas of the world, and leave us to die basically.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Obama himslf said, he does NOT want to persue 9/11 and who was behind it remeber? what the hell we can all go a big bank burning spree, and tell him the same thing..we want YUO to forget about it* figth back

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm supposing that what I was saying last night in the "what does ats do about internet gangs" thread is technically incorrect... as I have maintained for quite some time that you WILL, in fact, find disinformation agents here and they would be considered to be a "gang" of detractors...

But, this is pretty easy to combat. You just stick to your P's and Q's and form arguments sound in logic and backed with evidence...

All things we should be doing already.

And then you can watch them wither away.

This is the internet. No-one is better than anyone else here. We are all equals.

If they are collaborating, you collaborate and get your stuff together.
In the end, the truth will be shown.

SandF

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We need psychology buffs!

Why?

To formulate a questionnaire to be completed on registration to ATS.

I don't know how they'd do it, but I hope it would feature several of the same question worded differently or questions with multiple answers, the different answers determining what type of person they are. This will hopefully trick those who are joining only with the intention of talking us all around.

"Sorry, you have failed the questionnaire. The email address you tried to register with has been logged and blocked, please don't come back here again. Locate and click the cross in the top right corner of your screen or alternatively press Alt-F4 - Nice Try."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I very rarely post specifically to give kudos but your post deserves it...it's essentially what I posted years ago in an "ATS Is COINTELPRO" thread - it doesn't matter what kind of rhetoric or disinformation you encounter if the topic and information is the focal point instead of the people. If you do sound research and make logical connections then it doesn't matter what is said in response with exception being cogent and logical counter points. The cogent and logical counterpoints are exactly what we should be after so that the truth can be ascertained...

Great Post...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
look what we see here the change he promised we must not allow these tyrants to censor the american public what is goin on in this country why dont we just throw out the constitution save them selves alot of time like thomas jefferson said The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants, thats if it comes to it which i do hope it does not but the more they push the more likely that the public well eventually push back and the push of the elite few well be nothing compared to millions of american citizens but let us hope peace well triumph hatred

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Reality is what we all make it, and some people are desperate to suck you into theirs.

Now that I can get my head around! If nothing else I have learned a great deal about myself with this thread. I am now stepping back and viewing everything from an entirely different perspective. I think I'm ready to try to grab the pebble from your hand.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS :

The Powers That Wannabe and whatukno have just emerged from closed-door negotiations. The two parties have brokered a deal that apparently would have whatukno meeting directly with Ass Sunstein in an effort to deliver the people’s justice, vis-à-vis.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have been saying this for ages, perhaps the people we are flocking to for sanctuary, are the enemy we think we are escaping from.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Now that I can get my head around! If nothing else I have learned a great deal about myself with this thread. I am now stepping back and viewing everything from an entirely different perspective. I think I'm ready to try to grab the pebble from your hand.

I stole the pebble and sold it in exchange for these magic beans!

You can grow, we can all grow to become anything we want too.

The limitations that are placed on us by things like Governments, institutions and families are only as powerful and effective as we choose to allow them to be.

We all have free will and ultimately what people like Sunstein are looking to do is to get you to give it up, to accept their reality in exchange for your own.

It's likely never going to be a perfect world because we are all flawed in our own ways.

Yet we can learn to turn our own weaknesses and imperfections into strengths and something beautiful.

We have a lot more to fear from the person in the mirror than we do from internet or government agents.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yup, and we've chose for them to be out of control. We don't control our govt anymore (as if we ever did). This is one of those tactics that we already saw coming a mile away. This article is merely a confirmation of what we already knew.

There are many people on this site that very often provide very good research. Disinfo agents can't debunk good research and reliable sources.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Yup, and we've chose for them to be out of control. We don't control our govt anymore (as if we ever did). This is one of those tactics that we already saw coming a mile away. This article is merely a confirmation of what we already knew.

There are many people on this site that very often provide very good research. Disinfo agents can't debunk good research and reliable sources.

This is very true, but hey I am out of the government's control so I guess it's fair they are out of mine?

Oddly enough government really is a reflection of the people it serves.

Maybe just maybe it's not just them that are out of control!

After all what is this initiative anyway except for the government's own admission that they fear they are out of or at the very least loosing control?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Perhaps ATS can convert them?

If you hang around here long enough you may get addicted or worse, fall in love with the site....

For me the moment was having a member ask me what planet I was from... And was totally serious about it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join