It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spiral above United Kingdom from meteo satellite?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

set course to starboard 5 degrees
switch autopilot on
average wind speed = 50 knots
wind direction = north

visualize flying like that, after 1 turn your contrails would have been swept north by the winds coming from the south, so you begin to make another circle from the same point where you started .. after another loop your contrails will have been blown the same way. and so on and so forth, repeat until RTB. not that hard, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Where is the CIRCUS?

A crazy LOOPING and madness aerial manouvers for hundreds of kilometers with an huge AWACS or an huge Tanker! Your chief would have to fire you from your agency for these ridicules Circus Theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

That circular HORIZONTAL flight path must have a diameter of 30 - 50 miles!!!! (rough estimate) - if you flipped that through 90deg as I seem to think you are saying you are basically doing loop the loops into space and back to sea level!!!

Now I've done aerobatics in a single engine aircraft on a few occasions - I can pull off split S's, loops barrel rolls etc... Trust me you would need something that is way beyond our technology to do vertical loops from space and back... and your saying repeatedly? No, sorry just look at the image... All it is is a circular flight path, nothing more!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

and this member's post is a perfect example of what ATS has come to, although some posters here sincerely try to share, inform and educate their fellow members, their comments and opinions are only brushed off and laughed out of hand the moment they make them. i guess this is the reason why lots of other informed posters from years past have refrained from posting here.

/RANT

sorry for the off-topic, i just had to get it off my chest.

aight, i'm done with this thread
.. imma just leave y'all to believe what you want to believe 'coz there no one who can convince another person that the water is wet if the other person doesn't want to listen and reconsider his/her own views. peace.

p.s. maybe its my fault 'coz i didn't make myself clear enough. for those who don't know, starboard is to the right .. not towards the stars (outer space)

[edit on 1.14.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Involuntarily you have centered the point. Thanks.

That spiral is "something else" than an Huge LOOPING by Tanker aircraft or AWACS contrail!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I don't follow - are you saying it's impossible for a modern heavy jet to follow a lazy circular flight path? You know just a little bit of left wing down trimmed out?

I really think you don't understand flight all that well - it would only be a gentle to moderate banking - any (powered) aircraft should be capable of that or it would not be airworthy.

edit:

Originally posted by Imagir
That spiral is "something else" than an Huge LOOPING by Tanker aircraft or AWACS contrail!

A loop is a vertical manoeuvre... I don't think anyone else here besides you is suggesting it is a loop of any sort.

See the clip - that is a few small planes performing a formation loop - and yes that would be quite imposable in most larger aircraft.

edit: And besides a vertical loop as viewed from above like from a weather sat would simple appear as a straight line...

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Don't have any scientific wisdom to add, but definitely an interesting phenomenon. Thanks OP!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Nice video. Thanks.

But The Looping is a very difficult aerial manouver for aircraft of the size like 737/747 or Hercules or Airbus 320 or other aicrafts of the same size.

As you noticed the diameter of that Spiral is really huge and honestly I don't think that these kinds military airplanes could made this type of manovuer for hundres of kilometers. And then, why they would have to complete a so much risky aerial maneuver? For Fun? NO.

In my opinion the Spiral was made by something else but not aircraft contrails.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Imagir I'm sorry but you are not grasping anything people are trying to inform you about. It's not a vertical loop but a circular flight path, it hasn't changed height just course, so it's not a loop.

But you seem to already have it in your head that it's not an aircraft and it's obvious that you are not going to change your mind so please stop derailing the thread and move on.

Deny ignorance anyone??

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Can UFOs spiral if they want to.
Looks like it.
And the crew will not get dizzy from the rotation.
How does the saucer do that.
Theory is that every molecule of crew and craft are locked
in a pressure wave and can't get out.
The theory is not discussed or the main ether scientist because
of the unique properties.
Yes, Tesla again and his ether pulses gone wild.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think it is a stunning image, though it is quite definatly contrails.

What most are missing here is the main purpose of this, Weather Modification!!

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
. The AWACS are usually seen flying very broad circular patterns at high altitude.

Ok than.

Show us previous examples of aircraft doing this.

That is all you have to do to debunk this.

Simple!

So...since this is obviously a normal phenomena, where are the photos of other similar incidents???

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Britguy
. The AWACS are usually seen flying very broad circular patterns at high altitude.

Ok than.

Show us previous examples of aircraft doing this.

That is all you have to do to debunk this.

Simple!

So...since this is obviously a normal phenomena, where are the photos of other similar incidents???

What about these??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59de3450c3d1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0171f53c95de.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc3ee6b6536.jpg[/atsimg]

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What do you think AWACS aircraft do?

I'll tell you - they provide an over view of operations, they are eyes in the sky - powerful radar and other detection equipment, they will monitor all enemy and friendly moves and co-ordinate... They will provide data to the friendly aircraft, arrange refuelling / strategies, they will communicate with any centre of operations anywhere in the world be that an aircraft carrier, submarine, a General in the Pentagon or a special forces grunt calling in an air strike.

They don't get down and dirty - they stay out of the line of fire, they need to be close to the operations but not so close that they get shot down.

Now a plane cannot simply hang in the air all day... If you want to loiter over a specific point how else are you going to do it? Circle!
- I really don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for some of you - military flight operations are very different from 'normal' flight operations - they are adapting to a much wide range of variables than a simple passenger flight from A-Z via the normal routes.

Should any so of real air combat kick off there will be at least on AWACS aircraft of some sort to add to the perspective available for the decision makers. In Iraq and Afghanistan Nimrods are constantly loitering around the war zones in the AWACS role - we are not privy to a lot of what they do as their role is so operationally important most of it is top secret.

Also another thing these aircraft do is submarine detection - especially the Nimrod... Now I suspect the aircraft that produced the spiral would of been flying too high to do much sub finding due to the contrails only being produced at altitude... But I reckon a Nimrod may circle lower if they get a sniff of a sun and they are trying to pin point it... But then again I've seen footage of them using a criss cross search pattern - I'm clearly no expert..

BTW Korg Trinity - great pics to make the point

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

thankyou...so much...Mclarenmp4 and Korg Trinity

as for the poster who says this is the reason us old time posters no longer post here ...well you are correct....

it is getting very tiring to get the same response from people when you try to inform them of something...esp when in my case i have already told them the details of the flight concerned.

so for another year i will be ignoring posting on this site. it is a real shame it has gone this way.

thanks

snoopyuk

[edit on 14-1-2010 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

What about these??

These do look like the spiral in the OP, I think you have just gave picture evidence in favor of the spiral formation actually being airplane exhaust.
Nice find.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hello Muzzleflash,

Your question was not sent to me but I want to add to the conversation.

I spent a few years on a multi engine jet crew. Contrails were observed

sometimes but not always. We were requested to record and report

other conditions when we observed contrails. Questions about what

conditions caused them would be acknowledged a one of the unknowns

being studied. My data point is about thirty years old so there may be

a more complete understanding now.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
In my opinion the Spiral is huge and it is extended in the high atmosphere for hundred of kilometers. It does not seem "contrail" but something else!

How are you determining that altitude?

If you are admitting that the straight lines are contrails at normal aviation altitudes, then why can't the circular lines simply be the contrail of a plane at normal aviation altitudes in a holding pattern?

I don't get your logic.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
Here is the problem I have with the contrail theory.The spiral thickness (the individual line not the whole shape ) must be at least 10 miles wide just look at the scale of it compared with the land mass below.I don't think a normal contrail would even show up on an image of this scale.It would be like trying to see an individual road from space.Also the whole country would be criss-crossed with trails.

Contrails are commonly seen from satellite images of this scale:
oea.larc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 1/14/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
just another case of lost jetliners running in circles , military tankers or awacs, leaving contrails that turn into clouds. But by no means is it a chemtrail, designed to create clouds . Thats just too crazy and the government would never do that. Thats would just be crazy conspiracy theories and if anyone even thinks that they might get attacked in here by the paid naysayers, so lets just be good timid little sheep and call them contrails. LMAO

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join