It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spiral above United Kingdom from meteo satellite?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

sorry but i fail to see why you think it is stupid ....... it happens on average every 2-3 days, i happen to work at RAF Waddington....and i see them going out and coming back in. for obvious reasons i will not divulge anymore info.

perhaps you should ask a few of the more seasoned professionals that are in the Aircraft section of this site. maybe they can offer you some more reasons why it cant be anything else other than an aircraft .

as for disinfo ...please dont make me laugh.

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well i like the Spiral, really cool.. as for the contrail issue, I looked at my part of the map and see no contrails from the jets that pass over head (on their way to and from Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester)

There are always contrails overhead from those jets.. but somehow not a single one in any of these sat images to make a comparison.. given how controlled the UK upper and lower airspace is I find that very interesting indeed and will be chatting to my airlines buddies to see what they think.

It would be good to know what day/time these were taken so I could look up the flights flying in/around the UK at the same time.. wind temp etc.

To me the spiral appears to be in danger areas D323b and D323c

Below is the chart of the UK airspace restrictions and hazardous areas
www.nats-uk.ead-it.com...
(7mb pdf)

Edit to add description to link

[edit on 14/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

But what do you talking about?
I think that you still don't understand about Horizontal way of fly in circling....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

I think that you still don't understand about Horizontal way of fly in circling....

I understand that... what I don't know [not being a pilot] is why an aircraft would spiral like that? Why not just stack like otehr planes do?

Very interesting thread....

[edit on 14-1-2010 by yzzyUK]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No, I do not understand about horizontal way of fly in circling. I think it is very clear there is a language misunderstanding here, please explain what you mean.

[edit on 14/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Now_Then

If that is actually true then I'd say that would be from an airborne tanker hanging about all day while other jets came up 'for a drink' - I'm off see if I can look at more images from the same sats see if they show up anything similar

Whatever it is it does look unnatural to me.

Uhhh why would a tanker that is circling and filling other crafts for what I guess you're suggesting to be chemtrails, leave it's own chemtrail, and out at sea at that...?

I don't think you've thought this one through.

Well I never suggested chemtrails - I mealy noted that the aircraft activity would be consistent with an airborne tanker holding while some sort of fast jet training was happening, or other training that involved air to air re-fuelling... What's not to think through?

And as for the location out at sea, well have a quick look at a clip of typical air traffic in the area

And compare with this image...

Now that would be where I would conduct a training exercise - air space is pretty tight around the UK, a few hundred K's south of there is one of the busiest air corridors in the world - the one going from UK to Europe, it's very dense and busy.

Up there where the spiral is would be used for training of that kind - and to my eyes you can actually see some of the smaller jets con trails where they came up to get a drink from the tanker... Note I said CON trails, those magical things that are created in certain atmospheric conditions and not in others! - The way I see it the tanker was holding a pattern all day at an altitude where contrails were created, which is why the spiral is so consistent, the smaller contrails are most likely the smaller jets matching that altitude to get their tanks topped up - then they go off about their fun and games while the tanker hangs around.

It's either a tanker - or just as likely some sort of AWACS aircraft involved in the exercise... Here is an American Boeing E-3...

Us Brits of course have the Nimrod... Both of which could of been flying... In short a large jet aircraft was holding a pattern for a considerable time - most likely as part of a military exercise - at an altitude that was conducive to creating contrails. The area out at sea is a good place to hold such an exercise considering that if those pesky Russians did try to bomb the UK, that would most likely be where any action would take place.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

please see my post on the details of the flight.

you are correct in your asumption of it being a refueling tanker on a training mission.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

No, I do not understand about horizontal way of fly in circling. I think it is very clear there is a language misunderstanding here, please explain what you mean.

[edit on 14/1/2010 by C0bzz]

Imagine you are holding a spring......

stand it on its end and it is vertical...... lay it on a table and it is horizontal... still a spring...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Edit - ignore this post!!!!

(I should put my reading glasses on!
)

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I posted the link to the chart for UK airspace restrictions and hazardous areas
www.nats-uk.ead-it.com...
(7mb pdf)

I'm assuming the spiral took place in area D323b & c

What I find intresting is the lack of other contrails over the UK, as you say upper and lower airspace in the UK is very dense.. So why have these contrail shown up and none of the others.. that has me very interested..

Edit to add missed word, doh

[edit on 14/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There was an unusual HOT SPOT over the Spiral Area in North Sea on 07 Gen. 2010 confirmed by MODVOLC...
modis.higp.hawaii.edu...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
Here is the problem I have with the contrail theory.The spiral thickness (the individual line not the whole shape ) must be at least 10 miles wide just look at the scale of it compared with the land mass below.I don't think a normal contrail would even show up on an image of this scale.

Obviously the contrails were created a while before the image was taken, as the following images show, the contrails are spreading out and eventually turn into clouds

It would be like trying to see an individual road from space.

See above.

Also the whole country would be criss-crossed with trails.

I think you need to do some research on how weather works and how contrails form.

Using your logic, if it's raining in Leeds then it must be raining in London.

That doesn't happen for the same reason that contrails will form one place and not another.

It just seems strange that there aren't more trails on the images ,the uk has huge numbers of aircraft over it at all times of the day and night.Where is all the traffic going to and from Gatwick Heathrow Luton etc.Why is there only a few trails over the east side. Please don't get me wrong aircraft is the most logical answer I'm just questioning it as would expect to see hundreds of contrails especially near airports.I hear what you are saying about the contrails expanding ,that spiral must have a 10 mile wide trail looking at the scale of it compared to the landmass below.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I took a screen grab from that link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed86b34a6e3d.jpg[/atsimg]

Yep that area is defiantly 'fenced off' to normal traffic - I reckon a lot of military type training goes on around there.

As for the contrails maybe localised conditions? Really it's hard to say, maybe they were operating and an altitude that would be unusual for civilian traffic to operate at... Military air traffic usually operates in very different ways to other traffic - as we can see from all the images in this thread. Also if it is air to air refuelling then naturally there will be a lot more unburnt fuel released - especially the new guys trying to learn how to do it... Watch this guy have a try...

See the spray at the end where he almost makes the hook up? - Some I've seen when the jet breaks away after taking on fuel they get a full load of fuel all over the canopy, they almost get blinded flying that close to a massive fuel air bomb! - Man that's some flying.

So maybe extra fuel in the air, a certain altitude + localised atmospheric conditions? - I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Are you comparing these 2 images? - Look again, that 'dot' is much further North and out to sea than the spiral were talking about.

And another thing - check the date stamp on your image - the wee hours of this very morning!

There was an unusual HOT SPOT over the Spiral Area in North Sea on 07 Gen. 2010 confirmed by MODVOLC...
modis.higp.hawaii.edu...

Your image has nothing to do with the discussion!

Edit - Does anyone know when the spiral sat pictures were taken - the BBC article is dated the 8th of Jan, no idea when the images were taken tho

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Are you comparing these 2 images? - Look again, that 'dot' is much further off land than the spiral were talking about. And another thing - check the date stamp on your image - the wee hours of this very morning!

The BBC image very probaly was taken 07 gen. 2010 the BBC article is dated the 8th of Jan... but I could check.

The date stamp on MODVOLC Hot Spot image is today but the image itself is from 07 Genuary 2010! Check by yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Glad the chart helps, proves the spiral was in one of the RAF training zones, To be honest what interested me was the local weather pattens, lack of other contrails etc.. still find that all very interesting..

Not aiming this at you, but what some seem to forget that the MET office that released the images is still an executive agency of the Ministry of Defence.

So as soon as I saw the images I wondered what they are trying to cover up, perhaps trying to gloss over the other spiral weather anolalies? claim that circular cloud formations are caused by planes contrails.. the timing is very interesting, anyway that is just my personal conspiracy theory ;-)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
mmm interesting post.

Some points Ive noticed. It is not a spiral it is a series of circles not connected. Try following the shape from iether the top or bottom origin.

Also if it was a continueous spiral I would suggest that depending on the origin being at the top or bottom of the shape, the circles would be of varying thickness.

IMO this is a very bad hoax that may well be having the desired affect.

Respects

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The pattern might be formed by four airplanes flying in trail formation many miles apart. If all executed a 360 degree turn at the same time
in conditions that produce contrails it would be possible to have the pattern in the picture.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i can't believe the huge ignorance .. erm, disregard for facts in this thread.
please kindly view the images in this post. these are contrails, and yes they're made by an aircraft flying in a circular holding pattern, possibly awacs or tanker. you want to know why? 'cos pilots have to train how to fly in a holding pattern. why do the circles intersect and overlap? 'cos its windy up there.

High altitude holds are also used by refueling tankers, as they wait for the planes they are going to refuel. Pilots obviously also have to train to fly in high altitude holds...

Contrails

do a search on google or your favorite search engine for "circular aircraft holding pattern" and feed your head, please. and have pity on your neck, you shouldn't keep it holding up the weight of your head if you're not using it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

I, instead, do not understand the enormous ignorance of the people who do not see that these are satellite images perpendicular to the Earth. As it is seen, if it were be a matter of horizontal circurar rings you would see simply circles concentrates, but in these image sees clearly the depth of the Spiral similar to a LOOPING and no tanker or AWACS can make perfect aerial maneuvers and on so great extensions like this!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join