It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "soul" and what happens when you die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

What im trying to say is where does the illusion come from? Does the ultimate conciousness create the illusion for us to learn? Or did the illusion always exist, just like conciousness does?

Cheers, Brad

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i believe that iv come across this question in an other thread but incase this is that thread im sorry for being repetitive. well the soul is made up of 2 things. the soul is made up of the body and the spirit. many believe that the soul is what the spirit is but that is a misconception. the reason that heaven and hell are fighting over our souls is because hell wants our souls to give us eternal pain. spirits can not feel pain without the body and the body can not experience the "other side" without the spirit, so hell needs both to punish us for being the beautiful creations that God made us to be.

when a human dies the human spirit is reconnected back to the energy of the universe (purgatory). the bible says that the dead know nothing nor see nothing. once Jesus comes back to earth for the second time all the dead from the beginning are resurrected back into human body's. the humans are judged and all though's who are chosen to go to the new earth are taken in human form. every one who is left stays on the old earth to die for 1000 years until Jesus comes back for the third time. the third time Jesus comes back he throws all the humans left on earth as well as Lucifer into the lake of fire. so when we go to "heaven" or "hell" we go in a human form. the body and the spirit. that is the soul.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
(*Not necessarily directed to the OP*)

What is the soul? What happens when you die?

You probably don't want to know. Keep believing in magic. Embrace your coping mechanisms. It's probably better this way.

If you want to actually know what the "soul" is, you're going to have to put aside your search for now and begin by getting a basic working understanding of the study of Complexity. Then get a basic conceptual knowledge of Neuroscience and psychology, especially cognitive psychology.

If you're going to ask yourself such a heavy question, you owe it to yourself to be honest about it. Pursue the evidence to it's inevitable conclusion. But unless you're willing to risk giving up your soul, you've already arrived at your conclusion before you started. Be that the case, you're no longer looking for answers - just shopping for curtains that match the drapes.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by happygolucky

Well, don't you remember what it was like before you were born..?

Nothingness - or maybe your memory isn't as good as mine...

So, when exactly did we come into existence?

And why are we not existing right now?

We should be "nothing" by now.

Apparently my sarcasm fell on Deaf ears...

So, when exactly did we come into existence?

The night one of your parents had nothing to lose...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I wish I could answer your questions with authority, all I can respond with is my beliefs. All reality, all illusions, all of us on this planet, and every planet, are an expression of God experiencing himself, the One Spirit learning and experiencing every possible experience. The permutations are infinite.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From what I understand after years of research and my own experiences, our "mind" lives on. We essentially shed our bodies. We don't go to Heaven or Hell, as depicted in Bibles or the Koran e.t.c, we simply go to where we're best suited. That's mainly the part which is, as I expected, very hard to research.

Dying, and peoples experiences of when they "died" and got brought back, are easy to find, but, knowing what happens afterwards, is much harder to find. You need a decent medium for that, and they are very rare in this day and age, with people being so busy e.t.c.

But, from what I have read and found out, just like here, we're learning all the time, and living. Over there, things work differently, such as, the way your "body" processes and experiences life itself. But, the fundamental learning process is basically the same. As expected, you can meet all your dead family, and no doubt much more. They are apparently able to visit us, but, communicating is very hard. And I do stress the "very".

Also, since the senses are different, and heightened, it's a lot harder to hide things from others. Plus, your moral background, and general attitude towards life, will certainly affect where you go, and who you end up meeting, but, again, it isn't so different here, in that respect.

Also, the most comforting thing I learned about the "afterlife", is that there isn't a Hell, as such. It's more a self-Hell. If you feel you deserve to be put there, if you have enormous emotional baggage, that will hold you back from progressing until you fix it, and for some, as you'd expect, that can be very hard.

"Heaven" as a lot of people will call it, is just a state of well being, and being with loved ones, and enjoying yourself, from what I've learnt. As I was told by my Grandad after he died "Heaven is the essence of everything,"

Anyhow, please don't flame me if you don't agree with me, I'm merely telling my experiences as they are.

I should also state, It's not magic, what I'm talking about, I do believe in science, and the theory of evolution e.t.c... But, I also believe that there's so much more we don't yet know or fully understand. So, do with that what you will.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Then next time let us know if it's a sarcasm or not

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alesanjin

I would just like to say that your explanation of what happens after this life is identical to my beliefs, absolutely spot on.

You managed to get it down to a few paragraphs well done.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ok Guys!

This ismy second post and very interesting topic,just a few days ago i had a thought that we are living normally and see grandparents,moms,dads and brothers,sisters,childrens and grandchildrens!My question if we know DNA now like very complex thing,is it possible to see after death allso like same amount people like our family!Or our soul just gomaybe another planet???

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

Same place, just a different frequency of existence. Our spirit can and probably does have experiences on other planets. The human condition, does not allow us to have this knowledge while bound to the physical body.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm always happy to summarize life changing beliefs

I've had to do a lot of hard work to find my beliefs, I hope to God that it wasn't so hard for you

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Alesanjin]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I've had to do a lot of hard work to find my beliefs, I hope to God that it wasn't so hard for you

The "hard work" is the whole purpose of our life here. If the knowledge came easy, mankind would only have a life expectancy of a few years

[edit on 12-1-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That's very true. So, is there any event that happened to you, that pushed your beliefs in the right direction, or was it just instinct??

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think I am one of those lucky people who had a head start. I remember glimpses from a previous life. This is what started me on my journey to understand where the memories came from.

A lot of what I believe, 'which is your belief' was formed at an early age. All of the studying I have subsequently done has just confirmed what I already held as the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So, what glimpses have you had, of your previous life??

I always think, If I get the chance of living again, I just want to turn it down. I can't stand the negativity, and people telling me I'm wrong, when it feels right. Don't get me wrong, I'm confident in my beliefs, and I stand by others, even if they make stupid choices, as I do all the time.

Luckily, reincarnation is more than likely optional

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So, what glimpses have you had, of your previous life??

There are three distinct memories or glimpses, I have had all my life, they all seem to come from the same period in time.

My mother in that previous life was running and I was the baby or child she was carrying, I was facing back to see redcoats chasing us, the sound of running on cobbled stones is so vivid in my memory.

I am looking into a derelict building, there is a cot with a baby in it in the corner, one wall has fallen and I can see the street in front of me. I see a man and a woman, he in a top hat and a cane and she with a bonnet are walking arm in arm past a shop with georgian style windows.

I am sitting in a nice room with beautiful furniture sitting in front of a log fire.

I turn to look out of the window and see it is a bow window and the building across the way also has a bow window as if in a lane. They seem very close to each other. I am very content because I am warm, it is winter and the snow is falling between the windows.

I think reincarnation is optional once you achieve a certain level. If you need to grow more, I believe it is mandatory.

I think many spirits who don't have to reincarnate do so anyway because of the love and help they can give to help others. Every incarnation has the potential to help you grow.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Well, your soul is essentially your carnal mind. It produces your earthly emotions.

People, for whatever reason, want to interchange the soul and the spirit. They are actually two separate creatures completely. Your spirit is what continues on after death, not the soul.

Your spirit is what animates the animation.The soul is simply the mind of man. You can view the spirit as being attached to the body but not a part thereof. The soul is very much a part of the body and dies with it.

Once in the spirit, any desire,anger,prejudice, et cetera, that you experienced in life is no longer existent. That is because those things were of the soul or carnalmind, not of the spirit.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That's pretty interesting. Reincarnation is a difficult thing to research, since there's many beliefs e.t.c. I just assume that since we have free-will, we have the option to do it or not, but, obviously, we'd have our own reasons to do it, and not to do it.

Anyhow, if you click on my profile, you'll find a thread where I first posted my experiences in 2007. I apologise in advance for how shoddy it is. lol, I didn't know what was happening to me, and naturally, I hurried the whole thing and it comes out less descriptive than I remembered it.

For some reason, that "redcoats" part of your description sticks in my mind. I'm going to look that up. I think it may be significant, so I'll get back to you

Edit* it's likely that the redcoats were the military at the time.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Alesanjin]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
About the subject of Reincarnation...(I know its off topic but it was brought up in the posts so I wanted to add my two cents )...

I know some of you scientifically minded people have at least given thought to the idea that DNA may contain memories of ancient relatives and can possibly be passed down throughout the generations(just like mannerisms do).And that would explain alot of those dejavu type moments and the times when you may see glimpses of other time periods.

DNA is alot like computers (or vice versa).It can contain memories of our ancestors.And why couldnt it be played back (suddenly activate the memories ) to us as we live our lives ?

This isnt just something I came up with ..I did some researching and many scientists who have studied dna have discussed it and mulled it over as a real possibility .

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Hello Simplynoone, your comments are very on topic I believe as it all relates to the OP's question.

I have heard these views put forward regarding our DNA memory and yet I find that to be just as hard to intellectualize as my belief in the afterlife.

It is a typical scientific response to explain the inexplicable by linking it to something they think they have an answer for. Science does not believe that a spirit resides outside of the body and so they always try to bring it back to the physical.

Some people just don't want to believe that they will be accountable for their thoughts and actions and so they deny it's existence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join