It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS being used to spread Anti American Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.alexa.com...

How Abovetopsecret.com is ranked around the world:
746 Ireland 1,434 United Kingdom 1,771 United States 2,264 Canada 2,654 Australia 3,035 Netherlands 3,475 Pakistan 3,691 Sweden 4,819 Indonesia 4,865 Malaysia 6,275 South Africa 7,778 South Korea 9,378 Germany 10,441 India 10,820 Italy 16,748 Spain 59,599 China

Abovetopsecret.com users come from these countries:
53.5% United States 9.4% United Kingdom 4.3% India 4.2% Canada 2.7% Germany 2.4% Australia 2.0% Ireland 1.7% Netherlands 1.6% Pakistan 1.3% Indonesia 1.3% Italy 1.1% China 1.0% South Africa 0.9% Sweden 0.7% South Korea 0.6% Spain 0.5% Malaysia 10.8% OTHER More

Where people go on Abovetopsecret.com:
98.5% abovetopsecret.com 1.4% adserver.abovetopsecret.com 0.1% uploads.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From your avatar i understand that your a marine ( and by that, i understand your frustration), if not excuse my mistake.

First-

Your on ATS. Here, it doesn't mater what the media says, because this place is full of conspiracy theorists and to them the media is not a reliable/trust worthy source.
You have to understand them too, i mean your on ATS you know.

Don't blame the one who made the thread or the ones that posted there ( me not being one of them) , blame the source from were the article is taken.
When people see a name like that on a thread they tend to follow the first source that was posted and believe it. The next sources they see are just the hand of the ''shadows'' trying to bury the ''truth''.

The first link in that thread was this:www.sott.net...
I don't know from were the one who typed it got the information as he doesn't say.
The host IP/server of the website is in the US from what i understand.

...the thing that i agree with is that this kind of thread builds a hate towards US.But like semper said there is other threads who feed hate towards other nations/religions. US is just among them.

Second-

Don't expect any IP address to be made public here. It's against the rules from what i know. Only the mods and the owners can talk stuff like IP addresses and personal information, but this only in a private section of their own.

PS.I'm not from the US. I live in EE(EU). I just had to put my cents here.

Be well and don't get angry because of this.There were and there will be threads like that in the future that comes.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpaceSilence]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes, I believe it is being used to spread anti American propaganda, there I said it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You have to understand that as a country, America dosn't have many fans. Most countries around the world, either hate the US or ridicule the US.

you may not like it, and feel that other countries should have more respect for the USA, but thats the way it is.

maybe ask yourselves why the rest of the world should have these feelings towards your country.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am an American!!!! And I do love my country!!!!!!. But MY country in my mind is out of control thanks to all the Above Top Secret levels in Government, The greed of Big Business, the oil mongers, the drug cartels, and on and on. The new question I have is does my country love me?. Right now, I can't even afford Health Care.

As for ATS!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody is going to get away with anything as long as this site exists because this place is the info hot line and that is what the whole world needs. On ATS we are all brothers and sisters no mater were we live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Should foreigners that don't like america and actively post on ATS be banned? Should disgruntled americans be banned? Does america not actively engage it's own propaganda machine worldwide? Does america not go to war on false pretenses? Do people have a right to be pissed of?

I understand you get offended by lies and I as an american also get offended sometimes, but since ATS is an open forumn people of various nationalities and backgrounds will participate. That inevitably means different agendas and different opinions.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

NO, IP is Internet Protocol

ISP is internet service providings

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You all have to remember our government loves to seperate us in groups. How do they do this. In a foreign country you have extremist who preach there hate of the U.S. When somebody in the extremist group who preaches there hate finds out somebody turned to violence that they don't believe in they turn them in and themselves become a target so our country brings them here to preach there hate. Sure most will look at them and know what there doing but every once in a while they find a Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. But our government doesn't care about that they would rather not have a country that is united because they would end up being a target themselves. Why do you think the U.S. goverment have ties to so many of the terrorist. They think the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And the government loves the free speach that seperate people why else would they support debate so much even if it is hate speach they are using for debate.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
true but when I had my own servers and web sites, one of those really cool tools I had at my finger tips was a minute by minute report that showed who was visiting my sites by country... If per-say there was a recent spike in activity from say, Iran that would show in the logs... what harm would it do to peek at those numbers?

Well, you can either have an anonymous site in which names and IPs remain private, or you can have a non-anonymous site in which everyone posts under their real names and IP-Addresses.

Both have their Pros and Cons. On a non-anonymous-site you'd have more responsible, friendly posting, on an anonymous one you have more courageous posting and privacy protection.

If you wish to address the admin specifically, you can always try mentioning the subject in the "ATS Issues" Thread. Personally, I dont see much use in IP-Checks though. People could be posting their stuff from any country. And its no T&C Violation to post anti-X (fill in the blank).

Its "everything goes" in the Internet, regardless of how true or false it is. Lets hope our schoolchildren get an education on how to discern the quality of and agenda behind information read on the Internet.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think it is more of the usa is the king of the hill at the moment and we are the ones to be blamed for everything.If china was in charge it'd be them bitched at.

I think nationalities religions and races are stupid concepts to begin with.I have a lot of problems with where our government is going and what it is doing.

That being said most of my family are americans and in the military,so in any conflict I'll side with the home team right or wrong if only to protect my family.

Please people of the world,talk out your problems i don't want to have to shoot folks!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

any conflict I'll side with the home team right or wrong if only to protect my family.

Shame on you, where's your integrity and honour?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

if you read what i said i think nations religion and races stupid concepts.
the only thing i see is my family on one side and a planet full of hairless apes who want to kill each other and would have no problems killing my family.

There is no higher honor than to defend your family.
integrity?that is a question i would ponder over a glass of rum the night after I shot someones face off for attacking my family.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

planet full of hairless apes who want to kill each other and would have no problems killing my family.

So your ignorant as-well as dishonourable

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I Find it funny that you think America is so perfect that nobody should say anything bad about it ..

Grow up man, some People like the US some people Don't , that is the way it is ..

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, I am sure there is negative slanted propaganda against America on ATS.

Just like the reverse.

Yes, I am sure there is positive slanted propaganda promoting America on ATS.

That is the nature of a nation divided.

Everyone whines, complains, and bitches about Government, yet, no one actually gets off their duff to do anything about it, except go online, and essentially whine, complain, and bitch about it.

Some people are high-test diesel coffee loving, pro-America, mom and apple pie believers.

Some people are low-test diesel coffee loving, pro-America, mom and apple pie believers.

Some people are high-test diesel coffee loving, anti-America, mom and apple pie believers.

Some people are low-test diesel coffee loving, anti-America, mom and apple pie believers.

Personally, I see both sides, and know both sides utilize propaganda.

The U.S. Government not only utilizes propaganda against its enemies, but against it's people.

So does every nation of the world, they utilize propaganda against their enemies, whether it is the U.S. or not, and against their people.

People in power, have resorted to utilizing propaganda, like feeding a baby crack.

When our nations around the world, and I state our nations, as both an American citizen, and as a citizen of the world, this dust-ball called Earth, begin intravenously force feeding propaganda down our throats like pablum, it is unfortunately a time for a change.

I'm not left-wing, I'm not right-wing, I'm not a Democrat, I'm not a Republican.

I was born in America, but I was born on Earth first, because my soul decided to inhabit this body on this planet, and America was where the body was residing.

I am sure and certain there are people from other countries posting anti-America propaganda, just as I am sure there are people posting pro-America propaganda.

I go instead for the middle ground and choose to post about the politics in between.

Whether propaganda is within it, is questionable only to the other ATS'ers, but my posts on here are right down the middle and into the throat of the political lies, political cover-ups, and political crimes committed in our name by men and women who were supposed to be elected to protect and serve America.

That they get away with accepting legal bribery, called lobbying, and serve a different master, the corporate entity, the special interest groups, and lobbying firms guaranteeing that they are not listening to American citizens is something that royally pisses me off.

Was what I said pro-America, anti-America, or political in nature?

Personally, I see everything I say as a politically motivated statement.

Then again, I will be in politics, eventually.

My door will be open to the average citizens, and it will be closed to lobbyists, special interest groups, and anyone who does not have the interests of the citizens, Average Joe and Average Jane, America.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceSilence

Oh, but you can blame some of them........when the thread is a hoax to begin with, has an inflammitory title to lure you in and isn't supported by the reference material given to support said title. These are just star aand flag fests for the same members over and over again. Trolling for the sake of self congradulation of being somehow in someone elses eyes as seen taking the moral high ground is pathetic, in my opinion. again, the good is never posted, not even the half bad, They have to find the most disturbing things, or at least the fabricated ones and start a glad handing thread with no proof. OP great thread.......proganda exists on both sides, some just have to take it to extremes to justify their own impotence at solving anything. Most of these people say the troops should do this, do that, when in fact the starters of these threads haven't done anything to rectify the problem themselves.....hence this is the best they can come up with.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
So your ignorant as-well as dishonourable

soo you wouldn't defend your family?
you know nothing of my honor save a post stating that i would defend my family.

there is not one person on the planet who isn't ignorant in one field or another.

you have only provided one liner taunts at me while expressing no opinion of your own.
Also your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking,maybe you should read my posts again,aloud if that helps.
if not perhaps you could call over a teacher to help.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Our country does make mistakes and some members of the military do commit war crimes. That's not to say all of them do, but there are always some bad apples. The military prisons have plenty of such individuals.

I really don't see how bringing these crimes or wrongs to light if they are true are anti-America. In fact I would say its pro-American. We are suppose to be a country that values free speech and one that is suppose to be hold itself to higher standards than others. Knowing about war crimes and either ignoring them or covering them up makes us no better than the people we are fighting. We be a country that strives to uncover such things and work toward preventing them in the future.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Nope, ATS is not being used to spread Anti-American propaganda same as it is not being used to spread anti-Muslim, anti-Obama, anti-Israel,anti-UFO etc. propaganda.

Truth is in the eye of beholder.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
PS: OP thank you for reminding me, I may now start working on the thread of war crimes committed by US soldiers, since you feel US does not commit war crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join