It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS being used to spread Anti American Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Lately there seems to be a lot of anti American propaganda going around on the boards... true some of the actions of my country are not always in the best interests of all nations but lately we're seeing some people just make up wild fabrications...
i.e. the post that claims US forces handcuffed and killed 8 kids... even in the posters OP and the news source links he provided, did not claim the US was involved... What it said was the matter is still under investigation...

It's not just that one story either there are several other instances...

I propose to the good people who administer this site to check country codes (IP addies) of just where these posts are originating from. If I'm wrong, okay... but man I'm really starting to suspect someone on here is doing this as part of a hostile state agenda... maybe to doubt our people enough they can forward other plans...

If you can believe there dis-info agents on this site... why is it such a stretch to believe in an organized anti American propaganda, campaign, and what that might mean if true?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Its funny which thread you chose to make this assumption under, other threads with Video proof, you chose not to use..

Just a observation.

It's like you are making a propaganda thread .

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Its funny which thread you chose to make this assumption under, other threads with Video proof, you chose not to use..

Just a observation.

It's like you are making a propaganda thread .

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Sean48]

do you think it would have been better to make my allegation in the board questions... After all I did ask the site admin to check the server IP logs... it is an allegation after all...

as I said if I'm wrong I'll apologize but in the years that I've been a member I've never seen so many blatant Propaganda posts... I will stand by my comment until proven otherwise.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Internet is an "everything goes" zone in which Information, Entertainment, Propaganda, Advertisment are almost indiscernable. This is part of a larger overall information-crisis not particular to America or this site.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Can you imagine if anyone actually believed all the anti American rhetoric? Let them have their day. America is still and always will be the place everyone tries to emulate. I wouldn't let it bother me. Star and flag for bringing it up though, good eye.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
... After all I did ask the site admin to check the server IP logs... it is an allegation after all...

What exactly does this mean ?

I'm a older gent , not familiar with computer in's and out's.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Who defines what is "anti-American"?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

true but when I had my own servers and web sites, one of those really cool tools I had at my finger tips was a minute by minute report that showed who was visiting my sites by country... If per-say there was a recent spike in activity from say, Iran that would show in the logs... what harm would it do to peek at those numbers?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

... After all I did ask the site admin to check the server IP logs... it is an allegation after all...

What exactly does this mean ?

I'm a older gent , not familiar with computer in's and out's.

IP aka: Internet Provider

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think any one posting an opinion unwittingly is posting propaganda in a sence, me included. because you give youre view and interpretaition. a bit like one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter we all have differnt perspective. that dosnt go to say you wont get people posting blatant propaganda to further an agenda of some sort.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Is a simple solution, do like I do when the threads are obviously nothing but propaganda, ignore them I didn't even bothered to open that thread and read the information because it was obviously a way to start something.

Remember a thread thrives because the attention and post it receives.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

IP aka: Internet Provider

Ty for response .

I think what I,m after then is the why the OP asked.

I'll save him the time, all he has to do is ask.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Whenever you get online, your computer is assigned an IP address. If you connect through the router, all of the computers on that network will share a similar Internet Protocol address; though each computer on the network will have a unique INTRAnet address. An IP address is the Internet Protocol (IP) address given to every computer connected to the Internet. An IP address is needed to send information, much like a street address or P.O. box is needed to receive regular mail. Tracing an IP address is actually pretty straightforward, and even though it's not always possible to track down a specific individual...

Tools to do just that are readily available
Google Analytics
Reverse IP Lookup

there are others, some of the really powerful ones like "net trace" can pin point your physical address but is only available to governments...

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

ATS being used to spread Anti American Propaganda

And yet here we seem to have PRO-American Propaganda alive and well..

Some people don't like Americans, they are not going to "Post" positive about her.. So what?

I for one would never hang around a place that would violate my privacy because of me liking or disliking a certain area of the world. I don't see ATS ever doing that sort of thing as much as the Admin here cherishes and protects our privacy.

Propaganda goes both ways

Look at the Anti Muslim threads
Look at the Anti Israel threads
Look at the Anti everyone threads

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

do you think it would have been better to make my allegation in the board questions... After all I did ask the site admin to check the server IP logs... it is an allegation after all...

Thank you for your previous post explaining a IP.

I'm curious why you would ask Admin to check them,

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

very true ... there has always been a lot of anti everything type posts... one thing that keeps this site interesting...

but most of us are intelligent enough to recognize BS when we see it...
however this feels more... organized...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've had the same feeling DB. I know which threads you're referring to and I think you're talking about the military "gone wild" threads. I'm sure some of our soldiers ( and british as well as other coalition forces) have done some very bad things to both people and animals. There is also the problem of having military contractors who seemingly answer to no authority whatsoever. I can understand their POV and sometimes I too feel ashamed of our country for these excesses but mostly for the justifications we have used to start these conflicts to begin with.
That said, I am still proud to be an American citizen. I consider myself to be a conservative but I don;t feel represented at present by either political party. I think both of them have gone off the deep end IMO. Given that these threads and the opinions represented don't actually reach that many people I wouldnt worry about it if I were you. If the mainstream media starts showing stories like these without any proof provided THEN I would start to worry. I think the admins have their hands full here as it is so I wouldn't press the issue.
As the moderater thoughtfully pointed out this is pretty much a given for the internet age where anything and everything shows up somewhere and what it's true purpose or intent is would be anyone's guess. Just make sure you keep on posting YOUR opinions to help keep things balanced. In this way I think the internet and ATS are really very democratic since everyone can have their say.
War is hell and there will always be horrible things that go on. The only difference is that today so much of it is caught on tape and put on the web for everyone to see. If soldiers are guilty then they should be punished as military code provides for. ATS is NOT the place to decide their innocence or guilt however. That belongs in a military tribunal.
The best way to stop these types of ALLEGED events would be to bring our troops home where they are actually in a position to do what they joined to do - defend our country. BRING THE TROOPS HOME! WE WON THE DAMN WAR ALREADY!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

fair question and to answer let me explain how Analytics work... they don't show who. per-say is visiting your web site but they make a list of how many time people from different countries are visiting... some like Google Analytics give you a pretty nifty pie chart.

they would also show an increase of visitors form say Uganda or anywhere else for that matter... it's meant as a tool to help you better understand where your audience is so you can taylor content specific to their interests.

why not meant for what I suggest it would show if there was a sudden spike in visitors from ... North Korea... to name but one

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Stop being so damn sensible will ya?!

You can do my thinking for me anytime Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
most of those threads are bs but they do have some points our country is FAR from perfect

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join