It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New movie Legion (2010 release) portrays angels as a race of extra-dimensional aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Is Hollywood at it again? Is this another "disclosure" movie disguised as a modernized work of biblical fiction? The premise of the film involves God losing faith in humanity. As such he decides to send his army of angels down to Earth to exterminate mankind. In one scene of the trailer you see commander Gabriel looking down from the heavens in some type of Citadel - perhaps from the "Kingdom of God". Up there the skyline looks very familiar, almost earthly. The army descends and invades our plane of existence. Do they live in another dimension on our very planet? It seems plausible that this advanced race would have the means and knowledge to travel between the two worlds. Perhaps they are the Annunaki, our forefathers. They have been watching us from their veiled kingdom all this time. What was the trigger point? Hopefully the movie will reveal.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by genma
Is Hollywood at it again? Is this another "disclosure" movie disguised as a modernized work of biblical fiction?

You are reaching, reading into the movie things that are not there. Sometimes angels are just angels. Sometimes a movie is just a movie. Not a message to prepare just for disclosure. Just a movie.

How do you people find any enjoyment in life?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Really,i thought they was just angels that came to earth to destroy all humans cause god didn't love them any more or am i wrong BTW good movie trailer.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
Really,i thought they was just angels that came to earth to destroy all humans cause god didn't love them any more or am i wrong BTW good movie trailer.

This is the third time they've made this movie. First it was called the Prophecy. Then it was called Constantine. I enjoyed the first two attempts. This third one, however...the Apocalypse will be decided who ever has the most guns. Right.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Is Hollywood at it again? Is this another "disclosure" movie disguised as a modernized work of biblical fiction?

You are reaching, reading into the movie things that are not there. Sometimes angels are just angels. Sometimes a movie is just a movie. Not a message to prepare just for disclosure. Just a movie.

How do you people find any enjoyment in life?

agreed

thats shameful I mean

EVERY movie that goes out, someone starts a thread saying, well, is this disclosure? lol

I mean, LOOOOL, just LOOOOL

some people just dont have anything more useful to do, or over think too much

just enjoy the movie, and try to do useful things in life, like read about things that really could have some leg

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It just seems to be another generic good versus evil film that is designed for and panders to those with a religious mindset.

For me this film is like Jason and the Argonoughts or Jack the giant killer or even Clash of the titans or other myth based film.

However and just in my opinion “Legion” does not look like it will be half as enjoyable as the golden oldies and from what I was able to discern from the trailer it will follow a formulaic path that involves a group of people coming together and dying heroically one by one for the glory of an unborn saviour blah blah – cue dramatic music and much carefully (over)choreographed fight scenes and less than convincing CGI bad guys and before you know it you wonder why you wasted your money

Much like Doomdayrex has said and I tend to agree with him and say it is a bit of a reach associate this film with any attempt of a disclosure.

Another “Constantine” nothing more - One good thing at leas is Keanu is not in this one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow, looks like my kinda film. Death and destruction, with a bit of sci-fi potential added in always appeals to me in films. Do you know a release date for the UK?

But I'm just thinking, maybe that is all it is. Just a film.
I'd like disclosure just as much as everyone else on this forum, but sometimes people see it where it isn't.

If we're going like this, what about District 9? What about Independence day? Hell, even Doctor Who? What about all those other alien/UFO/sci-fi/apocalyptic films that have come to pass?

People have amazing imaginations, that's one of humanity's defining factors, really.

So I'm guessing that this film is exactly what it is...

If disclosure is coming (which it probably isn't) somehow I don't think Hollywood will be the ones to release it.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
From what I've read about this it seems to be just another rehashed film concept with added top of the line eye candy. I still want to see this at some point either DVD or matinee.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Granny Fly part I remember from TV ad.
Why do movies ad so much on TV.
Movie theaters were against cable TV in the 1950s.
Times have changes.

Morphing has gone too far in this movie.
It might be interesting to some.
See the Rock as the Tooth Fiery, he has wings, much better.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is Hollywood at it again? Is this another "disclosure" movie disguised as a romantic comedy?

The premise of the movie is that a young woman is traveling to Ireland to see her boyfriend, where she wants to take advantage of an old Irish tradition that says a man must accept a marriage proposal on February 29. Along the way she suffers various misadventures, which may delay her reaching her boyfriend by February 29. Clearly, this is an allegory for Disclosure. We keep getting a date for it but something else gets in the way, and it's delayed, postponned or canceled. The lovely Amy Adams is a composite of all the whistleblowers trying to get the information to us. She's probably based on Steven Greer. Hollywood is sending us a message.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I saw this it totally reminded me of that Christopher Walken movie "Prophecy". This movie looks totally cool.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The premise of the film involves God losing faith in humanity.

You answered your own question with the first sentence that describes the movie.

God does not lose faith. It doesn't even have "faith," nor any other dualistic human characteristic that the limited mind can conjure up.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The concept of Judao-Christian religions intermeshing with modern concepts is a train of thought that seems to be gathering pace of late and interpretations on the ancient texts are now fitting into the those in the same way as Egyptology had done years before.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

This is the third time they've made this movie. First it was called the Prophecy. Then it was called Constantine. I enjoyed the first two attempts. This third one, however...the Apocalypse will be decided who ever has the most guns. Right.

um Constantine was based off a comic book id agree on the prophecy the storys are so much alike cant wait for it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yes... you are probably right. However, isn't it odd that there is a new consistency to these themed movies, and the financial backing to them.

I guess maybe these movies are catering to a specific fundamentalist population... but then wait, what about this?!
Ahmadinejad Reportedly Claims U.S. is Blocking Return of Mankind's Savior

Which fundamentalist population are we talking about?!

All I'm saying, is hey man, we live in some interesting times when multiple religions are being amped up at the same time - for the same symbols represented differently through allegory.

It just seems to me there is actually something happening, and we can't just pawn off all these blockbusters to 'Ah, pish posh, its just a movie people!'

Your reaction is typical, how could anyone ever come forward talking about a real Stargate technology, when 'Ah, pish posh, its just a movie people!'

Too easy to dismiss, no discussion involved in that method. Step back a minute, it isn't that one person thinks there is something deep in every new movie, its that there is a PATTERN that makes them think there might be something in the movie, like disclosure symbolism.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
heres a breakdown of the movie

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That movie looks God-awful. Terrible. Outright pathetically acted and envisioned. Feed the homeless, don't feed Hollywood. Seriously, go out, buy a meal for some poor homeless person instead of giving some asshole in an executive suite any $#(**(@& kudos or coin for that waste of time and energy and resources. It's time to stop letting them squeeze us on every available buck just because they put it out.

Additional line.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The basic idea of the film is a great canvass to work on but they always seem to ruin them in my opinion. As soon as guns and gangsta stylee shooting takes place I grab my coat. The film could have been a cross between The Omen and Lord of the Rings classic but will end up as blink-and-you-miss-it showing at the cineplex.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

LOL. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes an angel is just an angel....Methinks you've mis-paraphrased Dr. Freud. Nonetheless, your point is well taken.

Cheers.
tamale

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

um Constantine was based off a comic book id agree on the prophecy the storys are so much alike cant wait for it

Yes, I know...it was very loosely based on John Constantine: Hellblazer. But the plot of the movie was similar The Prophecy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join