It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Stop paying taxes so they don't have money to spread terror... sorry, I mean war.
There is blood of children on our hands. That is fact. Is is just the matter of the amount of blood.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You talk as though you could do better, and act like your place here in this country is secure without the work our military does for this country. I'd be willing to bet you haven't been to war nor have you witnessed the misinformation that takes place in an actual war zone. Your ungrateful to the freedoms you take for granted every day you wake up. You should check your anamocity towards our soldiers at the door.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Old Man

Submarines send respects and applauds Angry Old Man!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have sent a letter via email to 3 italian newspapers, I'm sure they have the tools to confirm this news. If so, it would be the worst ever news I have read about the useless war in Afganistan

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, if anyone here recalls Pat Tillman , it goes to show that the military isn't completely squeaky clean so to speak and how much BS we are fed.

I believe that many if not most of the ex military here are honest in their assessment of the willful killing of civilians by US military are concerned though.

I don't doubt though, that the CIA or Special Forces in support of the CIA necessarily operate with the same level of compassion for life.
Especially when it comes to Black operations.

For Example:

In case you don't know, Pat Tillman was an NFL safety for the Arizona Cardinals who enlisted in the Rangers after 9/11 in 2002.

After having deployed to Iraq and later to Afghanistan in 2004 Tillman had become outspoken against the wars.
He had had an arranged meeting planned with author Nam Chomsky upon returning from Afghanistan in 2005.

Tillman was redeployed back to Afghanistan in 2004 and was killed in combat in April of 2004.

Excerpt From Wikipedia:

The Army Special Operations Command initially claimed that there was an exchange with hostile forces. After a lengthy investigation conducted by Brigadier General Jones, the U.S. Department of Defense concluded that both the Afghan militia soldier's and Pat Tillman's deaths were due to friendly fire aggravated by the intensity of the firefight. A more thorough investigation concluded that no hostile forces were involved in the firefight and that two allied groups fired on each other in confusion after a nearby explosive device was detonated. On July 26, 2007, the AP received official documents stating that the investigating doctors performing the autopsy suspected that Tillman was murdered.

So if Tillman was murdered and not killed in friendly fire what had he seen and was subsequently silenced/prevented from disclosing ?

I feel that Pat Tillman as was this hit on the Afghan household of people regardless of their age was done to prevent something they'd seen from being disclosed.

All that I'm saying here is that If we can do this to one of our own, we can certainly do it to others.

Remember:

Dead Men Tell No Lies

The Truth Shall Set You Free

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
LISTEN UP - ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
===========================
I will take this slow for the average modern human that struggles with their attention span, stupidity and arrogance. I aim to remove some of the ignorance.

If this article is infact real or not does not make a difference - lets move past that, what most of you have shown is that you indeed would find this discusting and would feel the war needs to end - if this is happening.. But then some of you go on to say how it could never happen, that the USA would never do that, that it is a simple fact of war - IM NOT DONE, KEEP READING!

Lets start from the start

- why did america invade Iraq?
I can't beleive how many people think you are in Iraq because of september 11th and actually keep posting crap saying you are fighting because of this.. You might want to check which war is for what reason before you keep allowing your government to send in robots with machine guns, missiles, and aircraft all of which can not tell the difference between a terrorist and a citizen ( wonder why that is ? )
I'll give you a hint why you went to war - WMD's, America told all of you this is why you would invade and this is why you supported it.. but you never found any WMD's but by the time this came out it was another commercial and by the time it finished you didnt care because they were the "bad guys" anyway. IM NOT DONE, KEEP READING!

- why did america invade Afganistan?
If you believe the official story, you can use your september 11th reason - because a terrorist group called al qaeda attacked you and killed 2,819 of your innocent people. America was the most powerful nation on earth and decided it was not going to tolerate this so it decided to attack al queda back, right? Wrong - the USA invaded Afganistan, which is a country not a terrorist group.. thats right you attacked another country because a group that hides there attacked you first - never mind the fact that the country is just like any other, full of everyday people like you and me trying to live. Think how much is spent on the war, the USA could buy out citizens to kill the terrorists for them if they really wanted to. But they would rather invade and take control of the resources and governments. IM NOT DONE, KEEP READING!

- Where America is now
America is a sinking ship, the whole world can see it. America is in debt that it will never be able to repay, to make matters worse America continues to spend money it does not have on these wars -- yet there was no WMD's in iraq, and do you really think you can remove a group of radicalists by invading their country - or do you think this will only encourage more everyday people like you and me who witness their loved ones being killed to take up arms?

- What is the goal
With all of this you need to sit back and ask, why are we still over in these countries? What is our goal? The current answer is to restore peace - do you really think you can do that by being there and with force? I know this example is always given but if a terrorist group from America attacked china, china invaded and labeled anyone who fought a "terrorist" - would you still fight for your country or would you lay down your arms and say... well that terrorist group from here did attack them first.

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Sean48

No responses because you use one incident to paint the whole military.

It only took 1 incident for America to start the war on terror.

Maybe you should investigate and see if military is really guilty of killing civilians left and right .

Maybe it's not left and right, but the fact is innocent are dying and we need to make sure that is a price we are willing to pay.. which would mean you are happy with why America is there in the first place.

MOST OF THE HORROR STORIES WILL NOT COME OUT TILL AFTER

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Wikipedia is one of the problems. Anything on that site should be read with skepticism, until verified elswhere. Why? Because anyone can post anything there, or add to or modify text that is on there.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Wikipedia is one of the problems. Anything on that site should be read with skepticism, until verified elswhere. Why? Because anyone can post anything there, or add to or modify text that is on there.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As usual on threads like this we're getting the people saying what do you know about such things, it's so easy to criticise from your computer bla bla bla.

Oh well please forgive me, i haven't recently visited a foreign country and slaughtered some children. If you have then feel free to enlighten us with your knowledge.

Then we get the ones banging on about how it's propaganda. Would they be calling it propaganda if it was a story about some Afghan children giving some U.S soldiers a big bunch of flowers for all their hard work?

Even if it wasn't American troops who committed this atrocity, it doesn't make it okay. It's still as bad.

Some of you just can't comprehend that American soldiers or any soldiers for that matter could do such a thing.

I'd hope such a terrible incident as this would be a wake up call for those who still support the war, but as usual when it comes to the American media it will just either be ignored or blamed upon Afghan guerrillas and the American people will just believe it all then go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
reply to post by Sean48

I can't believe that people here on ATS aren't OUTRAGED over this.....

You all just sit back and keep watching 'dancing with the stars' and keep your mouth shut........when the death squads come for us WHO WILL SPEAK UP FOR US!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

Outraged? Outraged just because you found an article that has no pictures or video, has no intel on where these 'troops'... let me show you some of that article again:

A statement issued Thursday by the Afghan National Security Directorate said the government investigation showed no Afghan forces were involved and "international forces from an unknown address came to the area and without facing any armed resistance, put 10 youth in two rooms and killed them.

"They conducted this operation on their own without informing any security or local authorities of Afghanistan," the statement said.

Did you catch the 'unknown' there? People are not freaking out because they have not been presented with anything other than a hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

i have just read a news item that said obama was so horrified at this news that he ordered the executions of the black ops cia people responsible.

the story goes that a special forces team was sent in and executed them
and then blew them up to back the official story that a double agent killed them in a suicide bomb attack .
sorry i am not good at adding attachments but i am sure some of you can find the story . i think it was in beforeitsnews . com

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Children are murdered everyday by US troops.

Just stop being ignorant and supporting any troops overseas at all.

WE ARE OVER THERE ON A LIE ANYWAYS.

Hell, I'd go as far to say just cut off support to them and let the desert eat them all alive.

First off, children are not murdered every day by US troops. There are not even civilian casualties every day. US Troops do not go out murdering children, this 'story' is nothing more than a HOAX. I was over there, I know what goes on. I am a combat veteran. I think you need to calm down with the animosity towards the people that enlist because they want to do something positive for their country. "Its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country" -JFK

What are you doing for your country? Oh yea, thats right... your talking about letting all the troops over seas die in the desert. Without even a single thread of proof your out of your mind saying some of the most inapropriate things. You are easily pushed into the realm of hysteria arent you, it didnt even take any proof.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The problem with most people, world wide is that they take something that is posted somewhere as gospel without any reasearch or verification. If it is written somewhere it MUST be true.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

CONTINUED
---------------

Cost of war since 2001 (at time of writting) www.costofwar.com...
$ 952,002,103,081
Americas Debt (at time of writting) www.usdebtclock.org...
$12,289,775,235,124

People are not good with numbers so:
952 thousand million (enough to give 952 million people $1000 each)
12 million million (enough to give 12 million people a $1million each)

80.5% of the Sub-Saharan Africa population was living on less than $2.50 (PPP) a day in 2005. If you took the cost of war since 2001 and divided it between all of africas population you would be able to give each person $1400

Can you see now why the world is angry with you now America? Can you see why countries that have looked up to you and always supported you are turning their backs? It's because you have abused your power, and in the war on terror have become the terrorists. I am not saying terrorists are not a real problem I am saying you have reacted wrongly against innocents and your reasons for doing so are unjust. It's time to stand up to your government and tell them that you remember why you went to war, and you no longer support it. When will you be happy?
How many innocent need to die for a war they did not start and can not finish?

America once prided its self on morals, be the bigger people and realise that you have made a mistake. America needs to return the troops home and look after itself before it looks after other countries (which yout tax covers).

How many years are you willing to let your country fight on at the cost of everything that makes your country good?

BEFORE REPLYING PLEASE READ MY ORIGINAL POST (up a couple)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chastral

Gotta agree with Chastral

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Please post a source that identifies where and when this happened.

I can't find any reference to such an atrocity except for reprints of this article.

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

are you kidding me? you do know what kind of folks join the army right? especially the infantry.... people who want to shoot "ragheads". im a vet, i know what im talkin about. no not everyone thats in there is a criminal or a desperate poor person lookin to pop some heads but to say its "hard to believe". youve been living in the basement too long... we massacred vietnamese, iraqis, we firebombed japs, germans and italians during world war II. tens of thousands of woman and children burned to death becasue of our indescriminate bombing of cities... the only country to use the A bomb, thousands insinerated instantly... get over the illusion that "americans" are the good guys please, its makin me sick.

I am a combat veteran, of the Marine Corps. I was infantry then I went into the scout sniper program. I never met anyone that enjoyed killing bad guys, let alone the civilian casualties. It made us sick. We all got sick from it. This is not Vietnam buddy, this isnt WWII. There are sociopaths that enjoy killing, but thats less than 1% of the population.

If there were people among you that killed for pleasure, please reveal their names. If Americans are the badguys list, with proof, what we have done. Your just a disgruntled war veteran, I have met a lot of people like you... frustrated, confused. Go to your V.A. Behavioral health and get some benefits from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and be sure to take your medication.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

We did not start the war in 2001. I see that you neglected to put in your post how much the US spends on monetary as well as voluntary assistance all over the world. What do other countries spend to help anyone else????

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by Wildbob77

i have just read a news item that said obama was so horrified at this news that he ordered the executions of the black ops cia people responsible.

the story goes that a special forces team was sent in and executed them
and then blew them up to back the official story that a double agent killed them in a suicide bomb attack .
sorry i am not good at adding attachments but i am sure some of you can find the story . i think it was in beforeitsnews . com

you just read a news item, but you couldnt copy the HTML code at the very top and paste it into the 'box where the text goes'. Hey buddy i think barney is on youtube. Just go to www.youtube.com and type barney in the search... oh too complicated. Here you go:

www.youtube.com...

This is exactly how rumors get spread. Absolutely no fact. People go looking for the news article... cant find it... so they think they just cant find it. When it was never there to begin with. I dont believe your story for a second, go back and find that exact article. Copy, then paste. Dont say anything else until you get that link to that news article. If you cant do that then you need to be quiet.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Chastral]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't find this posted on any of the mainstream sites either. Funny it isnt on the AP site where the original reporter supposedly was from

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
As usual on threads like this we're getting the people saying what do you know about such things, it's so easy to criticise from your computer bla bla bla.

Oh well please forgive me, i haven't recently visited a foreign country and slaughtered some children. If you have then feel free to enlighten us with your knowledge.

One bit of evidence would go a long way to support such claims otherwise it's no better than listening to Old hags gossip.

Gossip much?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join