It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agenda before Truth...

This thread is full of hypocrisy.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

So now you think calling me names is going to hurt me.

Please try not to hurt my feelings too much.

You have your beliefs over the topic, and I have mine. It is obvious we don't agree.

Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by rainfall

This is an example of what happens when you push soldiers too far. Stuff like this should never happen to anyone no matter how wrong their family did you. This war needs to end with a quickness and hold the top brass accountable for what has transpired here.

I agree with you....the soldiers have the power to stop this war but they just seem to keep following orders....

The United States is going down the toilet by the actions of the military.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Calling you names?

No, if I were to actually call you a "name," I would be punished on these boards.

I think I can illustrate this much as fact.

To reiterate, if I were to call you a name, I would get some sort of warning.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

JAM you are solid in my book

I don't think the issue is the troops, its the mission...

We are out there trying to convert tribal people to our western ways, but that is something
one cannot force. These people are very hard people, they do not even trust the ways
of other tribes, so how on Earth are we ever gonna make a long lasting difference?
IT WOULD BE LIKE TRYING TO TURN YOU INTO A COMMUNIST AND A HIPPIE

not gonna happen, ever, by gun or gift alike

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The only thing that stands out for me is this: what could be the motivation and possible gain for having 8 children executed? 8 Afghan children, handcuffed and murdered. Does anyone else find this a strange series of events?

What happens when you see a story like this? You feel a rush of anger spread throughout your body, you feel an intense hatred for the US and you want vengeance. It reinforces your already held beliefs that the war is wrong and troops should not be there. You will not accept this kind of behaviour, those responsible must be punished!

A very good example of propaganda. You concoct a situation that is likely to strike a negatively emotional reaction from those who see it, with little regard to whether it actually might be a true event that took place. For the moment, the who, what and why do not matter. The context seems irrelevant. Injustice has been perpetrated by well-armed, strong barbarians against helpless, innocent children through cold-blooded murder.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Snip

I agree with you....the soldiers have the power to stop this war but they just seem to keep following orders....

The United States is going down the toilet by the actions of the military.

I would argue that the people have the power to "try" to stop the war and I would also argue that it is the inaction of the people that contributes to the problems in the US. Blaming the military is single-minded and short-sighted.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You are half right.
Yes, we ARE out there trying to convert triabl peole to "western ways" (democracy)...
But 1) We aren't really. We are really trying to secure leaders in "tribal regions" (that term is highly debatable) that are sympathetic to *OUR* brand of westernism.
2) We don't realize that "tribalism"/FEUDALISM to democracy skips about three levels of progression in education of the masses in order to function.

Simply put, a group of morons cannot govern themselves! You cannot tell the uneducated commoner of the third world that they are now to be responsible for insuring that their representative votes on the issues that beneficial to them if all they know is picking up sh~t in the fields for mortar!

This is Monty Python 101, man!

But yeah, I saw a thread earlier about people being dumbed down.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Valid? Maybe in a conventional sense, but this has by no means been a conventional war. Where in the international laws of war does it mention terrorism at all? International laws of war were created for conventional wars.

The fact that the bombers were from countries other than Afghanistan does not bolster an argument against fighting the terrorist organization with which they were involved. The taliban supported AQ and provided them a safe haven. And, oh by the way, the Taliban government was one of the most ruthless governments the world has seen.

If we shouldn't have gone into afghanistan, how should we have reacted then? Cruise missiles? Spec Ops alone would probably have had the same affects as what we've done already...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Let me summarize all of this with the usual key sentences.

U.S. Military is ruining America.

9-11 was a lie and so is this war.

The american military is barbaric of course they must of did this even though not a single news article said they did (Learn2read OP).

Soldiers need to stop following orders and end the war.

Please let me know if there is any other crap I left out.

Coffinman: please tell me what kind of people join the Army and specifically the Infantry, after all as a vet you should know. Because I think that is a ignorant statement. This isn't Vietnam it isn't Germany and it isn't Japan. The war is different, the enemy is different and the soldiers are different. The rules placed against us only put us in a position to do absolutely nothing while people die.

For the rest of you, I would suggest reading the links. I don't see any where it says U.S. troops shot anyone. I see " Insurgents operating in the area" and "possibly foreign troops".

Another Hate-the-military thread. God this is getting old.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

I did read the damned links.
Yeah, what the UN is saying is that the US shot 8 children, amongst 12 killed in a raid.

They are warning that the US shouldn't conduct nighttime operations (because of the ability to misindentify your target) and they are calling for an independant unbiased investigation of the matter by NATO.

1) Any military man here worth his salt, and is being honest, can tell you that he won't mistake a child for his target. Hell, I remember recognizing squad members by their WALK from 100 meters in the dark.
2) Why would NATO have to do anything? Isn't the UN supposed to be "unbiased?"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
that's war for you.
These kids no doubt would probably have ended up as your next I.E.D. planters anyway...

I know in Somalia you've got 12 year olds toting Ak's...

I say if you pick up a weapon or are involved in combat AGE is just a number...

I can tell you i'd pull the trigger too if faced with a choice...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Wildbob77

Exactly, every search in regards to this article, always end up in the same location. We need confirmation on this before proceeding further.

We cannot do anything with this until there is something backing up the story. No need to be the same as the MSM.

edit to add-alright confirmation given by OP, when will it end? We need to get out now, and only involve our country in our own business.

Of course that is what I have been saying all along, but well ****.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by endisnighe]

I think that the Associated Press is all the proof that you need. Regardless of what you would like to believe, it happened, and eventually you will have to come to terms with that.

The AP is reputable and has been an excellent source since the beginning of journalism and has roots deeper than FOX, CNN, or any other news source that you will attempt to find.

War is ugly, and things like this have been going on since its inception. In all honesty, why do you think the American Military is one of the most feared in the world. I'll tell you this...its not because we're civilized. Its just the opposite.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Having read the article posted in the Times, and also some of the comments under the post, one does wonder about the truth of this alleged attack. It is at least being given the benefit of being posted in the news media, and everyone has a chance to comment upon it.

One of the comments did question whether it actually happened, whether it was to make the Americans look bad, or whether it was for some other equally absurd reason.

I wonder how the story came to be told in the first place. Which reporter was on the scene to interview any of the victims who were left at the scene, or any of the soldiers purportedly who made this devastating decision.

The reaction was interesting since someone said that none of these youngsters were al qaeda, but innocent victims...Does that mean had they been associated with al qaeda that it would have been approved?

The story does need to be broadcast to the world so that the victims and the alleged soldiers can all have a day in court, and the truth could come out...

One of the comments about the bible was a bit absurd...this is a very emotional issue so that it would be wise to put this one to rest by getting at the truth here.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

The US was horrifically attacked for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

US, Britain and Israel have a very long history of interfering into other countries internal affairs, assassinations and murder to push their sick agenda for profit and hegemony...

so, saying that there is absolutely no reason to attack america is saying total nonsense by a very naive person

[edit on 8-1-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Its funny watching this thread develop

First you people are saying "We wouldn't do such a terrible thing"

To Now

"They deserved it"

Amazing the American justification

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Is the picture of the children linked to one source?

I am sure these brave soldiers will be given a 6 month sentence or a discharge with full pension and will be cheered as heros as happened when Bush was in office.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

White flashlites and sneakers? Somthing doesnt add up here!

My first reaction is that may have actually been staged by the enemy in this case. Not saying peopl in the Armed US services are not capable. Just this case doesnt seem to add up. BDUs do not look right either.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by IntelRetard]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

JAM you are solid in my book

Thanks

We are out there trying to convert tribal people to our western ways, but that is something
one cannot force. These people are very hard people, they do not even trust the ways
of other tribes, so how on Earth are we ever gonna make a long lasting difference?

I don't know about converting? I see it more as bribing. 9 years and counting tells that this war is going nowhere fast.

Winning hearts and minds is an epic fail. Hearts and minds should have been won way before 9/11 ever happened.

The government has never been serious about the Afghan war from day 1. Unfortunately, it is our troops, not the politicians that get all the crap.

even you must be aware that some people go out of their way to paint the US military as the worst of worst.

If any of our troops committed atrocities, then those troops should be held accountable and punished. But to blame the entire military for the faults of a few just doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, it is the mission, but more than that is the people pushing the mission.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Wildbob77

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

We have killed women and children....many...with our drones...yet our media ignores it.

I do not contest that 'our' government would and has done such, but I do not know all the facts. I will not ever say 'We have' when I do not know.

Our country is in shambles ecomically and we are still trying to push at war THAT HELPED US GET THERE.

Where is the sanity?
That is a bunch of BS. The country is having a depression for the same reason we had one before, the creation of money by the banksters, and the evaporation of that fraudulent money, that inevitably occurs. Has nothing to do with a war. In fact, a war always HELPS create jobs. Jobs in weapons production and the ensuing foreign sales, and jobs in the military. Big BIG money. Not to mention the probable drug smuggling in military planes, like occured in Vietnam. And Afghanistan just 'happens' to be one of the primary sources of heroin.
It is kind of funny, but I don't think it was intentional; e comically?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Gregarious]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Total Barbara Striesand.

Typical lame stream media bias crap.

Get the story out....get the facts out later.

Did Al-Queda leak this to the press? They have a way of bending the truth hoping an anti-American press outlet picks up on it. It never fails.

I didn't know that Al Qaeda was strong enough to influence the Associated Press, or yahoo, etc. And I find it interesting that Al Qaeda would also have the political leverage to force the United Nations into coming forward and spreading vicious lies about Americans who have been known in the PAST to commit these very same atrocities overseas and other places of foreign soil. People have been saying this about us for decades. Sounds like the same story to me...and when I hear the same story coming from different sources and countries who are both enemy and ally, I have to start looking at the origins to which the evidence arises. Maybe you should too.

In short, all I have to say is this...Get your head out of the sand. I'm not saying this to be condescending, I am saying this so that it will finally compute.

Yes, this stuff happens. Yes, we've been perpetrating it for the majority of time that we've been the world's Superpower. If you can't come to grips with that, then you are definitely living a false reality. And if you think Al Qaeda has risen to such strengths to where they can dominate corporate media, then you're a little farther gone than I had expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join