It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Janky Red

JAM you are solid in my book

Thanks

We are out there trying to convert tribal people to our western ways, but that is something
one cannot force. These people are very hard people, they do not even trust the ways
of other tribes, so how on Earth are we ever gonna make a long lasting difference?

I don't know about converting? I see it more as bribing. 9 years and counting tells that this war is going nowhere fast.

Winning hearts and minds is an epic fail. Hearts and minds should have been won way before 9/11 ever happened.

The government has never been serious about the Afghan war from day 1. Unfortunately, it is our troops, not the politicians that get all the crap.

even you must be aware that some people go out of their way to paint the US military as the worst of worst.

If any of our troops committed atrocities, then those troops should be held accountable and punished. But to blame the entire military for the faults of a few just doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, it is the mission, but more than that is the people pushing the mission.

10 - 4

Just went up another couple notches in my book

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
The article doesn't SAY ANYTHING and there is no proof that these were United States Military. Come on! Get a grip people. This is the kind of crap that causes people to panic in emergency situations and trample people to death. Get all the facts before you come to a conclusion. This sounds like it is a story that could have easily been twisted. Non military personnel? Im all for ending the war but I still have a lot of respect for US troops and like to think they aren't over there wantonly executing children. Come on! Things are bad and war is hell but let's keep our wits about us until more info comes out.

I'll give you credit on your statement that they haven't pinpointed who it was. I'll also give you credit about using a rational mind to figure out the source. However, I will say this...The United States has had the "baby killing" M.O. for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Afghanistan would not be the first country who has accused us of such things.

That being said, The one thing that WE DO KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT the NATO officials went on record as saying, "The dead were all insurgents." Now, this is highly indicative that NATO forces were probably the culprits. So, that can mean just about any number of the countries who represent NATO could have had a member there, and we actually don't know who was working the detail on that particular day. NATO could also be covering for the actions of the United States, although, I can't find a particular motive for NATO taking the blame if it wasn't actually them.

However, Here is that exact quote:
NATO officials initially said all the dead were insurgents, but later backed off by saying there was no evidence to substantiate the claims that they were civilians. They requested a joint Afghan-NATO investigation to reach an "impartial and accurate determination" of what happened.
news.yahoo.com...

Now, if you ask me, it looks pretty cut and dry who took an active role. However, since I wasn't there, I can't say anything for sure. But, again, this wouldn't be the first time that U.S. troops have been accused of some highly questionable activities.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yet again america shows how evil and genocidal it is . I hope that allah destroys USA in the worst way possible , hopefully in the hands of Russia and Russia stand victorious and hopefully Russia will murder american population enmasse ruthlessly . american people deserve death , because they have helped IMF,US army ,CIA,Illuminati and its minions murder hundreds of millions

Death to America

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by allgoodnamesaretaken

This story is pure BS. If this story even has a one percent element of truth, you can bet the America-haters in the mainstream media will broadcast it. Oh, wait. Maybe not. Their boy Obama is in charge now. I have more faith in our troops than to think they would perpetrate such an atrocity.

I think you're being a bit naive. No one wants to think American troops would do this, but the thing is, there already have been atrocities like these committed by our troops. I don't know whether this one is true or not, but we can't just use a blanket denial whenever these things crop up, just like with any of the conspiracies. We have to be ready to accept the worst. If it's true, it goes to show the extreme psychological torment our troops are under. Combine that with the fact many of them realize they were set up by their own government to enter a war that was based on lies and now they have to keep killing anyway, even if the reason isn't just.

There is no excuse for killings like the ones alleged here, but it's hard to imagine what would happen to our own minds if we were stuck in that hell. I don't think anyone over there can think straight anymore.

P.S. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that these Western troops weren't, indeed, our friends at Blackwater (a.k.a. Xe). Since the last five got away with killing a bunch of civilians because of a very "convenient" violation of their rights on the part of our federal agents, it seems those guys have carte blanche these days. Sorry, I'm still seething over that whole thing. Blackwater just irks me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
you know what i find kinda weird.
almost everyhting i said in my first video were i lied about my service and action in iraq. has come true. just about everything i said happened has happened. i know u all can research just about anything. research the jesse macbeth video listen to everything i said and the date i said it. then research to see if it happened, u will be shocked lol. maybe i should test my self for esp or something

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Because...there are no people who are caucasian looking in Afghanistan that would pretend to be Western so as to stir up sentiment......

and there are no white people who are Muslim....

And targetting school children is not a consistent tactic of .... Al Q & Taliban forces.

Could it be NATO soliders? Sure. Doesn't mean it IS.

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here is a quote from the end of the article.

"A statement issued Thursday by the Afghan National Security Directorate said the government investigation showed no Afghan forces were involved and "international forces from an unknown address came to the area and without facing any armed resistance, put 10 youth in two rooms and killed them.

"They conducted this operation on their own without informing any security or local authorities of Afghanistan," the statement said."

It does not say that US troops did this.

[edit on 2010/1/7 by Aeons]

1st post here on ATS and I had to step in. I am a vet, I just finished with the Marine Corps in November and I have 2 combat tours in Iraq under my belt. With that being said, your comments are short sighted and not thought out at all. From experience:
Yes, there are light skinned Arabic people that could be mistaken for "westerners"
I am sure there are white muslims but I don't know any personally so I'll let you have that one.
YES, Al Q and the taliban and any other insurgent group operating in the middle east most definitely makes a habit of targeting schools, children, women and civillian non combatants. I know this from first hand experience.
They do this to recruit more insurgents. Before you make any comments such as the ones you made, perhaps you should "walk a mile in my shoes (boots in this case)" before you start spouting about things you don't know about.

I do not believe this could possibly be military. I have been in those boots before and I just don't see it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheCometif you read the real history,America tried to get japan to attack them,they insulted them with blockades and oil embargoes,which to japan was a declaration of war,America knew a squadron was on its way to Pearl harbor but did nothing to worn anyone, so that they could enter the war looking like the good guys.America drops an atomic bomb on civilians,japan surrenders, America refuses the surrender, so they could test their H bomb on civilians,yeah great!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

yet again america shows how evil and genocidal it is . I hope that allah destroys USA in the worst way possible , hopefully in the hands of Russia and Russia stand victorious and hopefully Russia will murder american population enmasse ruthlessly . american people deserve death , because they have helped IMF,US army ,CIA,Illuminati and its minions murder hundreds of millions Death to America

Well, how lovely. Nice to know you are of such rational mind that you can assume all Americans to be homicidal maniacs based on the acts of a few. What gave us away? Was it the condemnation of the act that every single member who's posted here has expressed? Grow up for God's sake.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I call this story BS.
unless there is video or pictures to prove it anyone can make up stories about the "enemy"

Oh, so you need a pop-up book as collaborative evidence? I didn't see any videos on the Fort Hood shooter. I didn't see it happen in action...therefore, I call B.S. I also didn't see any video of the Nigerian crotch bomber as it was taking place...so, it must be false.

I did, however, see plenty of video evidence when Bush stated that there WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN IRAQ after he sold us a fictitious war BASED OFF THE IDEA OF WMD IN IRAQ,...and you know the kicker??? PEOPLE STILL ARGUE THAT WEAPONS WERE FOUND DESPITE BUSH'S PUBLIC RECANTATION!!!

So my point in all of that is this...

How much do you believe in what the MSM tells you even if they provide plenty of pretty pictures, sound bytes, and famous faces to deliver you the news??? Does that really matter??? Have you ever heard of the word propaganda? Well, my friend, as long as corporations/conglomerations continue to buy up media outlets and then lobby our politicians to create laws, you're always going to be reading an "agenda in action", and in the civilized world, we call that PROPAGANDA. So, long story short...you can't even trust the pretty pictures.

This particular story came from the Associated Press. If you can't believe what AP tells you especially with their reputable background, then I doubt that Fox's candy coated version with videos and soundbytes is really going to change the presets that you have nailed into your brain.

Besides...Do you actually NEED the visuals to reinforce that reality, or can you think outside the box without witnessing the blood and gore of dead children murdered by the hands of psychopaths wearing military uniforms???

No thanks...I don't need those sort of images in my mind in order to see the bigger picture...The AP will have to suffice for now.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Am I alone in laughing at the the "baby killers" name shouted at the troops when more die from unnecessary abortions, bad parents, and bad people by the hands of the civilians in the united states especially? (they are the ones usually yelling the term baby killers)

anywho, I'm still pointing out that NATO says it was non military personnel, as I quoted back. Does that not conclude this matter?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

1st post here on ATS and I had to step in. I am a vet, I just finished with the Marine Corps in November and I have 2 combat tours in Iraq under my belt. With that being said, your comments are short sighted and not thought out at all. From experience:

Thanks for your post. Sometimes we need some reality in here.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
My God, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I hope I never get any of you on a jury hearing my case. You'd have me sentenced and shot before you even hear my side of the story.
Did anyone actually check these reports with trustworthy sources or is that too difficult? Unless you experience these things first hand (and even then seeing isn't always believing) why jump to conclusions?
We all love to be passionate about our opposing beliefs but at least allow the benefit of the doubt until this is confirmed by more than a couple of second/third hand accounts and heresay.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
nwoobserver.wordpress.com...

This site shows photos of the people killed They all have beards except one I beleive. I would say mostly 16 to 20 in age. They say class 10 or in class 11 Which I think some reporter or propagandist changed to there ages. I can't say for sure but the picture of the one in the yellow shirt looks like hes in front of a big bag of nitrogen of some kind? The photos are not of happy campers veiw at your own risk.

Oh and can somebody explain what class uses a big bag of nitrogen? I never took that course in high school or middle school.

And what school dorm allows peasant and there wife to live there?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Am I alone in laughing at the the "baby killers" name shouted at the troops when more die from unnecessary abortions, bad parents, and bad people by the hands of the civilians in the united states especially? (they are the ones usually yelling the term baby killers)

anywho, I'm still pointing out that NATO says it was non military personnel, as I quoted back. Does that not conclude this matter?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Gorman91]

Personally, I'm not calling any names here and I am not taking a side. I am presenting an alternate viewpoint illuminating the current reputation that America has by our continued pursuit of these very costly wars. Regardless whether we like these tags that our country has received, they exist, and it isn't limited to protesters in America.

As far as the abortion issue goes, that seems to be your personal pursuit. I've never had a girlfriend who has had to have an abortion and don't plan to run out and get one anytime soon.

To my knowledge, the reason that the current abortion law exists is to provide the freedom of choice to women and to give them rights of what occurs within their bodies. In God's infinite wisdom and will, he/she/it gave us all free choice, whether for right or wrong...however, it always seems that many of God's most adamant followers are the first to infringe on God's decision to do so (this is not meant to be a personal attack, or to make you angry). In essence, it is of my opinion that when you infringe on the will of another, you may be infringing on the very plan that God had initially enacted. Again...I have no real opinion on abortion, however, I will say this...I think that taking away someone else's rights to choose is not the plan of God, it was the dominance and greed of man. I don't claim to be correct, I am just adding another point of view.

Now, as far as your reference to NATO. Yes, I will agree. The issue is solved as far as I'm concerned. They have essentially taken some form of responsibility, and more information should probably be coming in soon. Or, the story will just die with a million others and it will fall into the background noise of atrocities that go unpunished.

Either way, thanks for the question/comment and the civil conversation.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

nitrogen fertilizers , what else do you expect with farmers , nuclear bombs eh?
murdering by nukes,drones,robots,cruise missiles etc. is a american speciality and novelity

the best thing that could happen to downtrodden ,exploited,broken and abandoned muslim world , would be when USA gets destroyed , along with CIA puppets like osama , due to whom muslim world suffers .

I hope allah shows no mercy on america , when he unleashes russia upon you the west , for where mercy is concerned you americans deserve none

[edit on 8-1-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

I hope allah shows no mercy on america , when he unleashes russia upon you the west , for where mercy is concerned you americans deserve none

[edit on 8-1-2010 by sadchild01]

Why the Russians, or are they next in line for Allah's wrath.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The scary thing for me is that even on here, you get people contending that America is the world's policeman. So overall, how prevalent is the view in the States? Has it sunk in yet with the general population that we support brutal dictators when it suits?
As for these poor kids, getting to the truth of the matter is always going to be difficult as war is also about propaganda on all sides. But I think most of us would recognise that war can brutalise the combatants. To get people to kill, you have to dehumanise the other side. And then I guess boundaries become blurred and the heat of the moment can take over. I was shocked when my own father mentioned casually the incidence of rape committed by OUR troops (the 'great and the good') in World War 2.
Of course everyone is rightly shocked at the thought of kids being hauled out of bed and shot in cold blood. This is crossing the line. But is it so morally different from blitzing a nation (Shock and Awe anyone?) in the knowledge that civilians, young and old, will die in their thousands?
Are we saying that because it is not done face to face, it doesn't count?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

That and $1.00 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

this is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yeah? allah show mercy on america? well maybe. but if there is a good force in the universe, muslims should be asking it to show mercy on saudi arabia for its APPALLING and CRUEL and DISGUSTING treatment of women and girls.

at least women have more rights in america.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join