It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

All it would take is for you to provide proof it is a Hoax

Lots of words , no proof

Just a familiar cry.

"We wouldn't do such a thing"

Vast majority of soldiers wouldn't

Some would

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh its ok my friend.....I believe my point was made. He may never admit it, but just like he doesn't want to wake up being accused of something he didn't do, neither does a soldier. And when you support a BS article, have no proof, not one shred of evidence, yet say the things he says....well, i'll just leave it at that. This fake bs thread is no longer worth my time!

See you guys elsewhere...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

There is no proof it's true, so lets call a spade a spade. If not proven, it's a hoax, and not worthy of disussion.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

All it would take is for you to provide proof it is a Hoax

I'm afraid you've got it backwards Sean... it's on the OP to prove this is NOT a hoax, not the other way around.

Lots of words , no proof

Very interesting choice of words... I could say the same about this topic...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

These threads bring a lot of emotion to light ,

I understand the passion of both sides , your forgetting that the

mods understand this , and I'm sure they are watching this thread closely.

Let them do their jobs.

If the mods give in because you don't like the thread, Well i want all

of the "I'm a alien" threads labeled Hoax's as well.

I don't care for those

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Nope, not forgetting anything and I wasn't calling for the thread to be closed. What I am saying is that it is incumbent on the thread starter to prove his thread and if he cannot, he should acknowledge that it is speculation, not proceed as if it is fact. As should every other participant. That has not happened and I find it exceedingly hypocritical.

Look, I'm against the war(s) and have been from the beginning.

That does not change the fact that I basically see slander and agenda at work here, not truth-seeking. It isn't the first time and won't be the last, by the way it looks... So much for "deny ignorance" which [it appears to me to be a] heavily overused term that is all but forgotten, in these types of threads.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I may go a little off topic here in my rant and I apologizing first. Ok, I have read this entire thread again. I find this thread disturbing for the most part, other then some logical, well thought out, intelligent posts. How quick are people willing to jump on the bandwagon? Apparently pretty quick from what I have seen here.
I to am concerned with the downward spiral into the pits of hell our beloved America is heading. This is not the same country I grew up in and I still chose to serve my country in the military. You have every right to bash the troops serving in our military, but why would you? I have volunteered; they have volunteered to put their lives on the line to help protect the freedoms that most Americans take for granted. Most enlisted/commissioned men and women are honest to goodness, hard working red blooded Americans that chose to do something to hopefully make a difference. Unlike some of the keyboard commandos I have witnessed here that are all to willing to jump on a bandwagon to lynch all military personnel. What differences have you made sitting behind your keyboard researching conspiracy theories?
There is no way the story presented by the OP could be American military. I have spent a total of 26 months in Iraq and the whole time the "Win hearts and minds" aspect was preached. This is obviously a smear campaign by anti-American loyalists in the middle east...which is pretty much the whole region. I invite any of the keyboard commandos to take a trip to Iraq or Afghanistan; hell I will even go with you, I have been there and it would be nothing new to me. Any takers?

I didn't think so. Keep sitting behind your monitor and believing bogus stories and jumping on what you think is a politically correct bandwagon. See how far that gets you in life. Lastly, I would love to meet those who think the troops should rot in the desert face to face. There are alot of Americans that are not worth spit and not deserving of my (or any of my brothers in arms) sacrifice. That is why I chose to leave the military.

-Nate

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The OP should not have to prove anything - he linked to a story article and faithfully copied the text of the stories headline. Isn't that how we open topics on ATS or ANY forum for discussion?

Back to the topic at hand, it seems the UN is treating this matter seriously, with the usual bit of whitewashing. They are admitting that something took place.

As to whether it was US soldiers, or UN soldiers - isn't that just nuance? The only reason any soldiers are in that region is because of the US led coalition.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Can I quote you on that? The OP should not have to prove anything? Wow, so any link is now acceptable, and above reproach? This thread was only placed here as a star and flag boosting thread in my opinion. I like that though, the OP doesn't have to prove anything.......awesome, sounds like most of the MSM.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

What differences have you made sitting behind your keyboard researching conspiracy theories?

-Nate

The differences I made was choosing not to join the military and invade sovereign countries and slaughter innocent people...

It takes a big person to do the right thing...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

What differences have you made sitting behind your keyboard researching conspiracy theories?

-Nate

The differences I made was choosing not to join the military and invade sovereign countries and slaughter innocent people...

I did not slaughter innocent people...it sure does take a big person to do the right thing. Lynching the entire military populace is not right, so who here is the bigger man? Not joining the military is your choice and I can respect that but do not judge something you know nothing about other then what you read/hear/see in MSM and the internet. I don't agree with why we are in Iraq and Afghanistan either but I will not condemn my friends and colleagues to rot in the desert because I don't agree with it. I will continue to support them, not the reason they are there.

-Nate

-Edit-
Out of that whole post, that is what you choose to respond to?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, There are a lot of people in this communty with such a burning rage for the US they will litterly believe Anything.

First things first. the article, Is NOT from a credible source at all, second, there is Absolutly ZERO. 0. Evidence, US troops did this. Third, It has been proven before, that terrorists are in possesion of authentic US uniforms. Multiple attacks have been carried out this way. Fourth, somebody said it is not normal for terrorists to target schools, THIS IS FALSE, if you bothered to watch History channel ever, (I love my ww2 shows) I've watched many documentaries from afganistan, and one featured a small village, that NATO built a school in, they would return to this village every week to make sure everything is okay, and they would come back to find the school Riddled with Bullet holes. No kids where killed but the point was made.

I find it oh so hilarious that everybody that will dissagree with this article will be accused of being TPTB or a disinformation "agent" LOL really guys?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Can I quote you on that? The OP should not have to prove anything? Wow, so any link is now acceptable, and above reproach? This thread was only placed here as a star and flag boosting thread in my opinion. I like that though, the OP doesn't have to prove anything.......awesome, sounds like most of the MSM.

First off - the OP is NOT the one making the claim - the article he or she linked to is. The OP linked to the article and copied verbatim the headline and posted it to the forum - in fact that is well with the rules of ATS and a requirement for "Breaking News" forum topics (although this was not posted in Breaking News).

Secondly, if the OP expressed at any other point in the thread a belief, then they are not required anymore than you are to PROVE their belief.

Third, if an OP has to PROVE their topic, then you can ban all the Atlantis threads, Alien or UFO threads, Bigfoot threads, etc. etc. since NONE of those can be proven either.

Why should the OP of this topic have to then go out and PROVE these soldiers in question did or did not kill these students? He or she raised the topic for discussion. And it's a topic well worth discussing.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by Wildbob77

i have just read a news item that said obama was so horrified at this news that he ordered the executions of the black ops cia people responsible.

the story goes that a special forces team was sent in and executed them
and then blew them up to back the official story that a double agent killed them in a suicide bomb attack .
sorry i am not good at adding attachments but i am sure some of you can find the story . i think it was in beforeitsnews . com

who started this rumor? obama himself?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Ionut]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy
Third, It has been proven before, that terrorists are in possesion of authentic US uniforms.

and we can assume that US secret service operatives can get hold of Islamic outfits...

what is this man trying to tell us?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com

KABUL – The United Nations said Thursday that a weekend raid by foreign troops in a tense eastern Afghan province killed eight local students and warned against nighttime actions by coalition forces because they often cause civilian deaths.

The Afghan government said its investigation has established that all 10 people killed Sunday in a remote village in Kunar province were civilians. Its officials said that eight of those killed were schoolchildren aged 12-14.

8 kids, age 12 - 14, admitted by both the UN and the Afghan government.

As to the identities of the soldiers, likely UN. Of course anyone would think that since this is a US led coalition, with the US military as the dominant force there, the soldiers were from the US, I don't an average Afghani knows whether their being shot at by a UN, US, or Talibani by this point anymore.

ps: Mikeyy, I don't know my "reply to" posted above has your name on it, it was meant for an earlier poster above you. Apologies!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I have volunteered; they have volunteered to put their lives on the line to help protect the freedoms that most Americans take for granted.

don't you think that you're just a tad self-righteous. i mean it's not like any of the countries that the US has invaded has ever declared war on America... it makes you wonder how it would have been like if the tens of thousands of people that chose to go Iraq would have preferred to defend American values by giving out copies of the bill of rights..

..ah, I'm a dreamer..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Whatever. You sure do seem to enjoy just finding that, "The US military slaughters innocent civilians!!!!" and hammering it, without any proof other than the single story from someones blog.

Hey, I read in someone else's blog that Elvis is a space alien. Gotta be true, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

From the same source:

A statement issued Thursday by the Afghan National Security Directorate said the government investigation showed no Afghan forces were involved and "international forces from an unknown address came to the area and without facing any armed resistance, put 10 youth in two rooms and killed them. "They conducted this operation on their own without informing any security or local authorities of Afghanistan," the statement said.

So, the Afghan. govt. is saying they do not have a clear idea of the persons involved in committing this horrible shooting... and yet still, the tendency to jump to the conclusion that it was US lead troops is the #1 choice of many people? Why?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
So, the Afghan. govt. is saying they do not have a clear idea of the persons involved in committing this horrible shooting... and yet still, the tendency to jump to the conclusion that it was US lead troops is the #1 choice of many people? Why?

Because it's easier than thinking for themselves.

How many pages of this drivel; 18? The OP posted a story from a blantant anti-US site that has an agenda. And of course, most people fell for it, even after others posted stories and links that discounted the original post.

And most people just keep piling on. "Well, if it's badmouthing US troops, it MUST be true." As I've said repeatly, so much for denying ignorance.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join