It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message From the Ancients? - Or a Geographical Coincidence? - You Decide!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
G'day ATS,

I just recently finished watching an amazing documentary called "Quest for the Lost Civilization" by Graham Hancock! (Links can be found at the bottom)

In it he explored the idea that the oldest civilisations in the world were linked by ONE previous lost civilisation. One that in subtle ways linked the ancient peoples we know today as the Mayans, Incas, Egyptians etc.

For a bit of a laugh really, I decided to get on Google Earth and plot on the globe where these (and a few more) ancient societies lived.

A brief description of the Civilisations or Structures I chose is given for you below:

Teotihuacan

Teotihuacan is an enormous archaeological site in the Basin of Mexico, containing some of the largest pyramidal structures built in the pre-Columbian Americas. Apart from the pyramidal structures, Teotihuacan is also known for its large residential complexes, the Avenue of the Dead, and numerous colorful, well-preserved murals.

At its zenith in the first half of the 1st millennium CE, Teotihuacan was the largest city in the pre-Columbian Americas. At this time it may have had more than 200,000 inhabitants, placing it among the largest cities of the world in this period. The civilization and cultural complex associated with the site is also referred to as Teotihuacan or Teotihuacano.

Chichen Itza

Chichen Itza; from Yucatec Maya: "At the mouth of the well of the Itza") is a large pre-Columbian archaeological site built by the Maya civilization located in the northern center of the Yucatán Peninsula, in the Yucatán state, present-day Mexico.

Carnac stones

he Carnac stones are an exceptionally dense collection of megalithic sites around the French village of Carnac, in Brittany, consisting of alignments, dolmens, tumuli and single menhirs. The more than 3,000 prehistoric standing stones were hewn from local rock and erected by the pre-Celtic people of Brittany, and are the largest such collection in the world.

The stones were erected at some stage during the Neolithic period, probably around 3300 BC, but some may date to as old as 4500 BC.

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 3.2 kilometres (2.0 mi) west of Amesbury and 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones. It is at the centre of the most dense complex of Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, including several hundred burial mounds. Archaeologists had believed that the iconic stone monument was erected around 2500 BC, as described in the chronology below. One recent theory, however, has suggested that the first stones were not erected until 2400-2200 BC.

Minoans

The Minoan civilization was a Bronze Age civilization which arose on the island of Crete. The Minoan culture flourished from approximately 2700 to 1450 BC; afterwards, Mycenaean Greek culture became dominant at Minoan sites in Crete. It was rediscovered at the beginning of the 20th century, at first through the work of the British archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans, when Minoan Crete took its historic place, as Will Durant said in 1939, as "the first link in the European chain."

Giza Pyramids

The Giza Necropolis stands on the Giza Plateau, on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt. This complex of ancient monuments includes the three pyramids known as the Great Pyramids, along with the massive sculpture known as the Great Sphinx. It is located some 8 km (5 mi) inland into the desert from the old town of Giza on the Nile, some 25 km (15 mi) southwest of Cairo city centre. One of the monuments, the Great Pyramid of Giza, is the only remaining monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Karnak

The Karnak Temple Complex — usually called simply Karnak — comprises a vast conglomeration of ruined temples, chapels, pylons and other buildings, notably the Great Temple of Amen and a massive structure begun by Pharaoh Amenhotep III (ca. 1391-1351 BC). It is located near Luxor, some 500 km south of Cairo, in Egypt. The area around Karnak was the ancient Egyptian Ipet-isut ("The Most Selected of Places") and the main place of worship of the Theban Triad with the god Amun as its head. It is part of the monumental city of Thebes. The Karnak complex takes its name from the nearby (and partly surrounded) modern village of el-Karnak, some 2.5 km north of Luxor.

Jerusalem

The city has a history that goes back to the 4th millennium BCE, making it one of the oldest cities in the world. Jerusalem is the holiest city in Judaism and has been the spiritual center of the Jewish people since c. 1000 BCE, when David the King of Israel first established it as the capital of the Jewish Nation, and his son Solomon commissioned the building of the First Temple in the city. Jerusalem contains a number of significant Christian sites, and although it is never mentioned explicitly in the Qur'an, Islam regards Jerusalem as its third-holiest city.

Sumer (Mesopotamia)

Sumer "Land of the Lords of Brightness", was a civilization and historical region in southern Mesopotamia, Iraq. It is the earliest known civilization in the world and is known as the Cradle of Civilization. The Sumerian civilization spanned over 3000 years and began with the first settlement of Eridu in the Ubaid period (mid 6th millennium BC) through the Uruk period (4th millennium BC) and the Dynastic periods (3rd millennium BC) until the rise of Babylonia in the early 2nd millennium BC. Sumer was the birthplace of writing, the wheel, agriculture, the arch, the plow, irrigation and many other things. The term "Sumerian" applies to all speakers of the Sumerian language.

Indus Valley Civilisation

The Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) was a Bronze Age civilization (mature period 2600–1900 BCE) which was centred mostly in the western part of the Indian Subcontinent and which flourished around the Indus river basin. Primarily centered along the Indus and the Punjab region, the civilization extended into the Ghaggar-Hakra River valley and the Ganges-Yamuna Doab, encompassing most of what is now Pakistan, as well as extending into the westernmost states of modern-day India, southeastern Afghanistan and the easternmost part of Balochistan, Iran.

Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat (or Angkor Vat) is a temple complex at Angkor, Cambodia, built for the king Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. As the best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre since its foundation—first Hindu, dedicated to the god Vishnu, then Buddhist. The temple is the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture.

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

Submerged stone structures lying just below the waters off Yonaguni Jima are actually the ruins of a Japanese Atlantis—an ancient city sunk by an earthquake about 2,000 years ago.

That's the belief of Masaaki Kimura, a marine geologist at the University of the Ryukyus in Japan who has been diving at the site to measure and map its formations for more than 15 years.

Each time he returns to the dive boat, Kimura said, he is more convinced than ever that below him rest the remains of a 5,000-year-old city.

Nan Madol

Nan Madol is a ruined city that lies off the eastern shore of the island of Pohnpei (presently one of the four states in the Federated States of Micronesia) and used to be the capital of the Saudeleur dynasty until about AD 1500. The city consists of a series of small artificial islands linked by a network of canals and is often called the Venice of the Pacific. The name Nan Madol means "spaces between" and is a reference to the canals that criss-cross the ruins.

When I did this I was a little surprised to find that they could be plotted (more or less) on the circumference of the Earth whilst looking down from a little off the North Pole.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3419fa1d221.png[/atsimg]

I found this quite interesting. I just kept doing them and there really did seem to be a pattern. It got me thinking:

Is this intentional?

Is there a message here?

Could this be a clue to the lost civilisation?

Does this maybe show where the Magnetic North used to be millennia ago?

Is it just a coincidence?

Have the lost Ancients (Atlanteans??) left us a clue to where they were from - or the whereabouts of Atlantis?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c677bf5aec62.png[/atsimg]

Most of the places I chose are in the documentary, a few didn't fit my hypothesis, as they were on the other side of the globe!

They were, the Incas, Easter Island and the Nazca. (Thought I'd better add that to be honest!)

I'd like to hear from anyone who like me finds this intriguing, and of course if you don't.

These Civilisations were in some cases separated by oceans and thousands of years, how did thy come to occupy this region? Is it just chance?

All the best!

Kiwifoot!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

As promised, here are the links to the documentary!

It's long but worth it!

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14

All the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Great thread again ... another of my favourite subjects.

I have many theories of my own concerning the ancient civilizations and a link with the enigmatic Atlantis.

Is there any way you could plot a similar diagram ... using the same locations ... but looking from the South Pole instead of the North Pole ?

I'm afraid I'm just no good at that kind of thing.

I'm not only going to S&F this thread I'm also going to 'friend' you because I like the stuff you like (always a good basis for friendship)

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well done for the work you put in. These are the threads I really like and look out for.

Thanks for this one.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Awesome thread! I can't wait to go through all the info.

I really like old civilizations, they are interesting to read about.

S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, it might just be that a lot of these old places just happen to be near the Equator because that's where the warm weather is and where people tended to settle because there was food, good lands to be farmed, and rivers of fresh water. Also longer days to drag big stones around when they got bored.

You also won't find many traces of civilization in the upper Northern Latitudes because glaciers came and scoured anything that might have been there away. There could have been a huge civilization in Canada, for all anyone knows. But it would be long gone now.

People and things come and go on this planet. Some places are better for preserving evidence of that than others.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
Well, it might just be that a lot of these old places just happen to be near the Equator because that's where the warm weather is and where people tended to settle because there was food, good lands to be farmed, and rivers of fresh water. Also longer days to drag big stones around when they got bored.

Hey mate, cheers for that, I did think about the equator angle, but when I looked at it, there were thousands of kilometres beteen the points, all round the globe. I'll plot them on a 2d map so I can show you.

Thanks for bringing that up!

EDIT, here it is, I marked approximately where these places are:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9854fb5ea37c.png[/atsimg]

Of course it goes without saying that climate played a part, geography too ( Nile and Indus for example), but I think that there may be something more to it.

Well, I hope there is anyway mate.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Great thread again ... another of my favourite subjects.

I have many theories of my own concerning the ancient civilizations and a link with the enigmatic Atlantis.

Is there any way you could plot a similar diagram ... using the same locations ... but looking from the South Pole instead of the North Pole ?

I'm afraid I'm just no good at that kind of thing.

I'm not only going to S&F this thread I'm also going to 'friend' you because I like the stuff you like (always a good basis for friendship)

Woody

Cheers Woody, I'll have to get on the South Pole thing tomorrow, I'm sure there may be something to it.

I find it too much of a coincidence not to mean soemthing.

The documentary explains the significance of the Karnak Temple, Angkor Wat and others asrtologically. They are definitely planned mate!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

How would they fit, if they were placed on the world as it grows
flag,star and friend just because its cool to Experiment

[edit on 6/1/10 by Whateva69]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Look forward to seeing the south pole diagram.

Thank-you.

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nice thread Kiwifoot - I simply love stuff like this.

Star and Flag for your effort!

I am not entirely sure that there is something to it, other than they all (individually) occupied huge areas of land-mass in their prime years, and chose to build their most prominent structures/features on, along or close to the equator line, for the reasons previously stated by someone else, but I could be wrong.

I recently bought an excellent book, which I know you (and all the ancient culture/structure lovers) out there would be fascinated in reading, called "Hidden Records by by Wayne Herschel"; which completely shows how all of the sites at the places you mentioned, and others around the world, including those on the Moon and Mars, align accurately with the constellations of the stars, geometrically and in other ways. I am almost finished with it and it is not short of BRILLIANT - I don't want it to end TBH

This is a screenshot of an excellent online game I play called Travian (you can see the names of my villages to the right - topical to my interests to say the least):

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Best of luck with anything you can uncover in the future regarding these marvels of our time, left as proof (for us to descipher) of their knowledge and wisdom in all things geometrical and in the heavens.

For one thing, I don't believe they all had this knowledge to build such amazing things using primitive tools, then lied in their documentation about where they got the knowledge. That is to say, from visitors from the stars!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

Thanks for the post, going to get that book as soon as I can!

I really began by fust playing around with the locations, what got me is that the climates Are different throughout.

Some are deserts, some rain forrests, some islands etc.

Interesting if not intentional!

Cheers again for your post, all the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can see one slight problem with this -- the civilizations you mention go through a 6,000 year time frame. If they were all related as one global civilization, they'd all be doing the same sorts of things and having the same technology at the same time.

The pre-Columbian cities and Ankor Wat are only 600 years old, while Giza is 4,400 years old and the Sumerian civilization is well over 5,000 years old.

Each has a foundation (artifacts and things from the people who lived there right before those things were built and as they were built (except for the "underwater pyramids", which are geological features)) -- and none of the technology or artifacts from 6,000 years ago is similar to that from the features built only 600 years ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
if the earth is in fact growing, and you hold to the belief that it is alive. Could you say the 7 tectonic plates are really the Chakras of the planet?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hello Kiwifoot,

You may be interested in this article by researcher, Jim Alison, who presented similar ideas back in 2001. From these ancient sites Alison calculates a former Earth pole to have been located in south Alaska.

Exploring Geographic and Geometric Relationships Along a Line of Ancient Sites Around the World

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Interesting that none of the yellow dots you plotted are in the Southern Hemisphere. I wonder what the reason for that could be? I can see the logic in where they were - it's a nice climatic band.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The underwater pyraminds are NOT geological features!

A lot of professionals and archaeologists have dived at the sites and have confirmed that they are in fact megalithic structures similar to those around the world still above sea-level such as at Gizah, Baalbek, Machu Picchu, Chichén Itzá, Luxor, Palenque, Pumapunku, Teotihuacan, Tiahuanaco, Uxmal, Yaxchilan, Tikal, etc, etc, etc.

Furthermore, they are not just pyramids. Some are entire cities with intact walls, houses, giant causeways, arches, tombs (containing human skeletons I might add), halls and stairways to name but a few features, and all are of megalithic size/scope.

Edit to add: Also, they were built in the last (lost) "age", before the great deluge which the Bible and other ancient collections of books/knowlwdge/myths speak of, before the sea-levels rose instantly worldwide about 400m (after the last ice-age), somewhere in antiquity between 13,500 bc and 9500 bc.

[edit on 7/1/10 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

The Earth is not "growing" but rather expanding -- two totally different things. In order to grow, it would have to be "alive", in order to expand, it simply needs pressure and/or gases pushing from the inside out.

Plus, equatorial bulge is caused by centrifugal force and occurs in any planet that orbits rapidly. However, it has been documented that the equatorial bulge reaches a maximum, and then contracts again throughout history. The theory is controversial however so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Byrd, I kind of agree with you, but at the same time disagree!

Let me explain, the very argument you give as a problem, may also actually prove it!

It depends on how one looks at it I guess, there's millennia between them so there can't be a connection, or there's millennia between them so there must be a connection.

I'm finding it hard to articulate what I want to say, long 13 hour day at work!

Sorry if it doesn't make sense!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Interesting that none of the yellow dots you plotted are in the Southern Hemisphere. I wonder what the reason for that could be? I can see the logic in where they were - it's a nice climatic band.

Ah But I did mention that in the OP!

Most of the places I chose are in the documentary, a few didn't fit my hypothesis, as they were on the other side of the globe!

They were, the Incas, Easter Island and the Nazca. (Thought I'd better add that to be honest!)

It's simply impossible to view two sides of a sphere at once!

I'm working on s Southern one!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join