It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier flag protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How do you feel when you look at this soldier?
Pride? Embarrassment? Frustration?

Personally, when I first saw this photo I felt saddened and was reminded how cruel war is. It really does hurt on both sides of the fence.
Memories of innocents killed from a soldiers perspective, forever ingrained in his/her mind and hopeless memories from families whose loved ones are killed by the soldiers of war.

All of this is for what? Terrorism? Oil? NWO?

Sad.

www.i-am-bored.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
He should not disrespect America, but the thugs who have hijacked it. America is not the problem, but who controls it. That's why it's time for some real change.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Disgust and anger. The things that the soldier is protesting or outraged over, are not what that flag represents. The flag has been around longer than the specific politics and deceptions that have divided the country.

The flag is not a symbol of what we are, but what we should strive to be, and what we have sacrificed. It should be used to rally people to that call, not desecrated in protest over politics.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

Umm is that not desecrating a flag? Since he is in uniform can he be court marshaled? As I understand it when in the service you are no longer in possession of your civilian rights. For all practical intents the military owns you. There is a time and place for everything and that soldier choose poorly.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by hangedman13]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just see naivety.

Seriously think about it... The world is full of resources. The resources are scarce. Who controls the resources wield power and influence and wealth. Have there been wars fought over control of resources?

Yes, since the time of man.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Wrong you have rights, It is called the UCMJ, you are still granted your Bill of Rights, you just have to follow orders when they are giving and they our legally binding.... Just because you are in the Military doesnt make you a numb slave to the government.

Now who knows if this kid is actually a soldier uniforms are a dime a dozen.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

I felt nothing. Not a thing.

Say what you will, but the flag, now, is just another corporate logo, like Pizza Hut or Burger King. Just because that logo has been around for a long time doesn't mean that they didn't chang the meaning of it into something totally different.

They rallied people around that logo when they wanted to go to war. So I say piss on that logo. It don't mean a goddamn thing to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It has become very popular among soldiers to write on the flag. There are numerous ones around my town brought back by proud soldiers. They write their names on it, guys that fought together. It looks terrible. They should be punished. This guy speaks the truth. Much better to be shameful than proud of endangering my freedom by killing innocents. Here is one of the first soldiers I have seen that is actually trying to protect my freedom.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I support this soldier in his political statement. I don't get these crybabies shedding tears over the "desecration" of the flag or the statement this man is making about his country. Seems to me his ass over there on the line while you people are sitting fat and happy on your keyboards. He's entitled to his message. Jesus christ it's just a piece of colorful cloth and nothing more. And if you want to fight or suppress what this man did or his message, you're fighting and suppressing the very freedom that flag represents. No wonder why this country is dead and lost, you people are so far gone on incoherent irrelevant dogmas that died a hard death long ago. I hate the American Flag because it's representative of a once great idea hijacked, raped, and destroyed. The American Flag to me is representative of the oppression and we'll free the # out of you until you submit to our will. If any of you people would take an honest look at yourself and your country, you wouldn't need to cast blame or be all offended by reality. But I'm talking to the deaf so what difference does it make?

I salute the man for his bravery and honesty.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkepticSeems to me his ass over there on the line while you people are sitting fat and happy on your keyboards.

The fact that he is sitting around comfortably with time to a make protest flag and pose for the photo op, seems to suggest that he is not over there on the line, if he ever was. And yes, I am sitting fat and happy at my pc now. I did my time and was over there for the opening salvos of OIF.

And if you want to fight or suppress what this man did or his message, you're fighting and suppressing the very freedom that flag represents.

I haven't seen talk of suppressing freedom. I believe a person as a right to desecrate the flag. However, exercising that right doesn't make the action any less despicable and is more akin to a child's tantrum than an adult taking constructive actions to solve a problem.

The American Flag to me is representative of the oppression and we'll free the # out of you until you submit to our will.

Congrats on giving in to the hijackers of freedom. The founders and men who sacrificed and died for the freedoms the flag represents, handed it to us, and to you, and charged us with its care and the responsibility to bear it with pride and moving ever forward. Just because you don't like the light that shines on it now, doesn't mean the flag stands for anything different. So will you just sit there with that pout declaring how much we suck, or are you going to do something productive to make it better?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I could really care less what a soldier does to the military flag, but what he does to a civil flag is another story. Oh whats that, you didnt know that the flag the man is holding is not a flag of the people??

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I Love this guy .. He Puts his fellow Human Being before some stupid Flag/Nation

The Flag Means nothing to me ...

And whatever CuriousSkeptic said. ..

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Go go confederate flag.

Confederate Battle flag is the flag of our failed revolution against the free masons.

Oh what i would do for peace amongst people around the world....

good find by the way, i am glad some U.S. corporate military troops are starting to get the idea, and i hope some of them question their orders they recieve.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Disgust and anger. The things that the soldier is protesting or outraged over, are not what that flag represents. The flag has been around longer than the specific politics and deceptions that have divided the country.

The flag is not a symbol of what we are, but what we should strive to be, and what we have sacrificed. It should be used to rally people to that call, not desecrated in protest over politics.

That's exactly what I think every single time that I look at an American Flag with that cutsie little tag on it that says "Made In China" or "Made in Taiwan."

---

Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap peoples minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead. No better example than here. When I look at an American flag, I'm honestly indifferent. When I see a "these colors don't run" bumper sticker, I want to vomit.

When I see an American soldier in uniform helping his fellow man, I smile. When I see people smiling and happy with each other while working over a food line at a homeless shelter on a holiday, I remember what it means to be in a country that actually cares.

I don't need any flag to tell me how or what I should feel at any moment, and it's rather petty really to call the US a "great country" and then bottle all of that emotion, pour it in a Chinese production line manned by 10-year-olds and call it patriotism when it gets shot out of a machine in the shape of our flag.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
That's exactly what I think every single time that I look at an American Flag with that cutsie little tag on it that says "Made In China" or "Made in Taiwan."

Couldn't agree more!

Additionally, I am not keen on any sort of catch phrases seen on bumper stickers, pro or con America or political issue either.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What goes on this flag? Bedspread
What gets wiped on this flag?Beach towel
I’m just making a point that’s all. I’m for soldiers signing their names on the flag, they have earned that right. But not in a demonstration as this soldier has.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Who are you people to tell others when they have "earned their rights". Rights are rights - they aren't privileges. I don't have the PRIVILEGE to speak freely, I have the RIGHT. I don't have the PRIVILEGE of protesting, I have the RIGHT. I don't have the PRIVELEGE of dececrating any flag I see fit, I have the RIGHT - and so does this man. He doesn't have to earn anything whether be his striped in the military or your approval.

The flag has become nothing more than a marketing piece and a symbol for a broken nation. Regardless of how patriotic this flag may be to some, get over it. It is cotton weaved into a certain shape. It is no different than writing a political message on boxer shorts and holding it high - the only difference is because of this predisposed belief that the flag is some sacred piece, everyone will take notice.

Now if it was an older flag, one that actually meant something anymore, then by all means - spout off your lines of patriotism and desecration, but please, spare the stories of how much goodness "this" flag represents because if it represents America as it is today (and I still see it flying proudly so I guess it does) then it is absolutely NOTHING to be proud of.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Go go confederate flag.

Confederate Battle flag is the flag of our failed revolution against the free masons.

Oh what i would do for peace amongst people around the world....

good find by the way, i am glad some U.S. corporate military troops are starting to get the idea, and i hope some of them question their orders they recieve.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Quickfix]

No no confederate flag, the people that fly those tend to not be the brightest crayons in the box.

This is what I fly, the American Civil flag.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.uscivilflags.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

How is this disrespectful? in any way? an upside down flag indicates "distress" America is in distress right now! kinda like an S.O.S.

makes me feel sad and alittle hopeful, that all our men and women over there are not "mindless killers"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jamstrat

Some people isn't all people...

The confederate battle flag is an old revolution flag.

There are also 2 American flags one is square the other is rectangular.

Which one is the real American flag?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join