It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Window cleaning chemical injected into fast food hamburger meat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me glad I'm a vegetarian. Not that processed food(which I do eat) is any cleaner.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
they should change the article to: "Plant food injected into fast food hamburger meat"

Or Urine there is ammonia in urine too.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Glad I eat wild game and buy my beef from a local butcher shop. I'm thinking of going to nothing but wild game. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well aside from the ammonia...you've also got massive amounts of hormones in the meat.

Nothing like a big mac on steroids. Hold the lettuce, pickels, and ammonia.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is this part of Codex Alimentarius? Has it gone into effect in the US? What would it take to get the FDA closed down. They are making our food too hazardous for our health.
Our family has almost quit eating meat and turned to black beans. Black beans better not be GM.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Is that what makes it taste so good?!

Seriously,I haven't eaten fast food in years. Not a big meat-eater,either.

Everything we eat and drink and breathe has been tampered with. I gave up worrying about it too much.(I still smoke cigarettes,so I'm asking for trouble right there!)

Chocolate hardly even tastes right anymore,and that was my all-time favorite food group!

It's nice for people who can grow or hunt their own food,but no way to do that where I live.(No green-thumb anyway,even if I could.)

The good thing is,our bodies are really remarkable in adapting. Maybe what doesn't kill us really does make us stronger?

Frankly,if I'm not around in a few years,it won't bother me at all. The rate things are going,it's not the kind of world I want to live in anyway!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This practice has been happening for quite some time.. And while the New York Times may be considered to be mainstream media, there seems to be some truth to the article posted above as verified by the Times. I'm still on the fence on the entire situation, but I wanted to bring this additional article on the subject to light if it hasn't been mentioned already.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Bleck!
What some money-hungry people won't do to make a buck!
Keep too many cattle, too close together, without 'proper' feed, butcher the diseased, the pus-ridden, 'the ones on their last leg', then irradiate, Inject it with ammonia- NYTimes, spray it with formaldehyde
to kill the crap that grew in your disgustingly-kept, cattle!
Oprah started a LOT of the 'outing' of the beef industry and she got sued.
www.cyber-dyne.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No kidding?! Makes me want to be a vegetarian....almost...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is discussed and illustrated in the documentary, Food, Inc. I watched it twice, it was an eye opener.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I always wondered what that new born baby smell was,
Now I know.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Begin sarcasm.

Maybe we are building up an immunity to this crap. 3 generations down the road we'll be able to get our nutrients and survive from eating just plastic. Which was the plan all along. Solves that nasty plastic problem. haha.

End sarcasm.

I'm not surprised.
Would it hurt to inject some good old vitamins and minerals in the meat too? *sheesh*

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have beef with this article because I like beef... maybe not so much anymore

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Exactly!!

And according to the article, it doesn't even seem to be preventing E-Coli.

So, all this is done so humans can be fed what was once considered dog food.

Hey, at least it no longer is only grandma reduced to eating pet food...we're all eating it!!

Life, or at least food, IS an illusion...accomplished through the marvels of food engineering.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Reminds me of the list of allowable "non-food items" in hotdogs!
Kinda ruins a good picnic to bring that up huh?

Oh well, we will just cover it in cheese so we cant see it and eat it anyway.

Yes I am now officially being sarcastic!

Thanks for the posts everyone!

And what did we have for dinner tonight?
You guessed it!
How ironic!
But at least they were huge top of the line burgers anyway!
I actually ate half of mine with a ton of fries!
It was hard after reading this article though!
Dont know if I should have shared that or not...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
S&F OP!
I really only have one word and 2 numbers to describe what this is:
AGENDA 21!!!!!
Now I know why I get really sick when I eat fast food burgers.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why all this sensationalist rhetoric?

Of course Ammonium Hydroxide is found in food. It has been in use in food for many years. Most of anything you have eaten from a store has been exposed to it. Your air and water has a small amount as well.

That is like screaming OMG they are poisoning us with apples, corn, cashews, etc. because they contain hydrogen cyanide!

Of course we know or should know that fast food restaurants have never served very good food. Upon watching the Discovery Channel on a fishing vessel they referred to the type of fish used by fast food patties as "trash fish".

Q: In what foods is ammonium hydroxide used in processing?

A: The list of foods in which ammonium hydroxide is used as a direct food additive is extensive and includes baked goods, cheeses, chocolates, other confectionery (e.g., caramel), and puddings. Ammonium hydroxide is also used as an antimicrobial agent in meat products.
Ammonia in other forms (e.g., ammonium sulfate, ammonium alginate) is used in condiments, relishes, soy protein concentrates/isolates, snack foods, jams and jellies, and non-alcoholic beverages.

The World Health Organization has listed hundreds of food types that may be processed using ammonium hydroxide when used in accordance with good manufacturing practices. These include dairy products, confections, fruits and vegetables, baked goods, breakfast cereals, eggs, fish, beverages such as sports drinks and beer, and meats.

Questions and answers about Ammonium Hydroxide used in food.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Damn..I eat fast food all the time, mostly because when I get out of work at 4am, those are the only places open.

Does any of this ammonia beef make it into the grocery stores??

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Thanks for the post!
It may be retoric to you but many of us havent heard of this!
Of course we dont read the labels on our food either....

Just because its approved for use in food by the WHO doesnt mean its any good for ya.
I agree about the resturant thing, I use to work in one of those too.

At this point, the lean trim may be treated with a pH enhancement process that forms ammonium hydroxide in the finished product. Ammonium hydroxide is a natural constituent of meat, GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) approved by the FDA, and used in other foods such as baked goods, cheeses, gelatins, and puddings. In two independent process validation studies conducted by Iowa State University and National Food Laboratory, Inc., the BPI process1 eliminated all E.coliO157:H7 in the inoculated product, as well as producing significant reductions of Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. The pH enhanced product is marketed as BPI® Boneless Lean Beef Trimmings. BPI® Boneless Lean Beef Trimmings are approved for unrestricted use in ground beef and hamburger with no labeling restrictions other than beef.

www.beefproducts.com...

Sounds yummy!
At least it dont have E coli!

We'll feed it to the neighbors when they come over!
(I'm kidding)
Is this part even legal btw:

BPI® Boneless Lean Beef Trimmings are approved for unrestricted use in ground beef and hamburger with no labeling restrictions other than beef

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Does this mean I have to go out and slay a cow myself just so I can get meat that won't be tampered with? Though even then I suppose I still have a high chance as I really don't know what they do with the cows.

Though coming from a person who eats fast food, almost every time I work ( sometimes I'll skip eating all together, but more than likely if I do it's just to eat chips at work ).

Thing is I have been feeling sick the past few days, Nausea and the like I've been taking Tylenol and Pepto tablets today, honestly the only thing that has helped was some Green Tea from Japan that didn't have any sugar or anything. Anyway star and flag for the information, looks like I'll have to purge myself or something and just stay away from the foods as best as possible. I don't know though is subway also on the list? If not then yay! If yes then, I suppose I'll bring my own lunch from home from now on...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join