It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Window cleaning chemical injected into fast food hamburger meat

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hi friend.

I just want to clear something up. Ammonia, or NH3, is a naturally occurring substance (found in pee, and peat bogs, etc.) and it easily evaporates due to its low boiling point. [I'm an engineer and I own an ice plant and we use this as a refrigerant, so i know about it
].

Nonetheless, it is toxic and could be lethal in large doses. In smaller amounts, it is used as first aid to revive unconscious people.

With that technicality out of the way, let me just say that this is appalling. I believe that you're saying that we eat double dead meat in fast food chains. YUCK!

And meat? Don't get me started on that. Stay away. Love your body.

I hope this clears things up a little though? peace.

edit: And let me add that if inhaled or ingested, this does not do permanent damage to your body as mercury would do, I mean, it won't stay there. Unless you really took a whiff and catch pneumonia or feel the acidic effects of overdose. If you feel you've ingested/inhaled too much, drink lots of water. Water instantly neutralizes ammonia. Tnx!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by headb]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by headb

With that technicality out of the way, let me just say that this is appalling. I believe that you're saying that we eat double dead meat in fast food chains. YUCK!

And meat? Don't get me started on that. Stay away. Love your body.

I hope this clears things up a little though? peace.

Hey i love my body and that is why i only eat lean meats. I'm tired of people having a go at meat eaters. Are you aware of the hormonal effects of meat? Are you aware that up to 70% of vegans and 50% of vegetarians are deficcient in B12, are you aware that meat raises testosterone and growth hormone levels in adult males?

Meat has it's place, fast food has no real place in a healthy diet. Oh it can be used occasionally, i myself indulge but it is rare. I would say once every weeks is a maximum and even then you should pick fast food that is healthier. Like small private pizza stores that use decent ingredients.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You guys do realize that beef DOES have some ammonia naturally occurring in it, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And on the farm we inject amonia into haylege and silage to keep it from rotting. Thats where the meth lab builders try to steal it. Some of us though fill old amonia tanks with liquids from the bottom of the pit and put a spray nozzel on the tank outlet that diverts the waste onto the person. really quite bad if it's been in the sun for a few days. One guy left his clothes with his id in it. But anyway amonia in the beef is nothing new and Mickey D gets their beef from Bolivia I was told

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What is injected into the meat is just one aspect of an unhealthy choice to begin with. Even the condiments used are the lowest quality, and the fried products are also bad. True it can be delicious, but I always notice that I feel slightly ill afterward.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The wine industry in France have been using compounds like this in cheap wine for years.

If you ever have a bargain basement bottle that is very full bodied it will have some form of antifreeze component in it, it produces a fullness similar to what you find in well made, barrel aged wine.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can see clearer after I eat a Big Mac... I now know why. My family has altered our eating habits in the past years after the movie super size me. Maybe this article is the reason he got so sick.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join