It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So and now you know why it is not so stupid to follow these nonsense threats which are just copying information from other sources.

I might have to get masks as well, but I#m still well out of the red, just will start to arrive sometime tomorrow in northcoast of Germany.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Here on ATS - We watch, we report - to those here who listen, watch, report - networking - - The mass media will not publish until all scientific data is returned. They do not want to cause panic. They are on a fence now and I am sure the phone lines and keyboards are melting! I left work today - not anywhere the danger zone. I looked at all the cars and people and thought to myself - they have no clue! What would they do if they did (if the area in question was near me). ? It's a tough line - for Them

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I stick by what I said earlier. This may affect those with existing respiratory ailments but this is not a heavy ash output.

We are NOT, i repeat NOT, looking at a Laki style cloud and I think there is just a little too much scaremongering going on here.

Yes you may see some ash, but the chances are it will pass over pretty much unnoticed. Try finding information on the Met Office - there is none, nor is there anywhere else, so I would not be panicking.

Newspaper article from: The News Letter (Belfast, Northern Ireland) AN ash cloud from a volcano is drifting over the UK. The Meteorological Office has issued...took place on Saturday and a thin ash cloud was being blown towards the UK. A spokesman said there was little...

It ends there and I am not taking out a subscription just to read that!

[edit on 14/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I stick by what I said earlier. This may affect those with existing respiratory ailments but this is not a heavy ash output.

We are NOT, i repeat NOT, looking at a Laki style cloud and I think there is just a little too much scaremongering going on here.

Yes you may see some ash, but the chances are it will pass over pretty much unnoticed. Try finding information on the Met Office - there is none, nor is there anywhere else, so I would not be panicking.

True - my father is in aviation and he said these projections really are for air traffic only and not for on-the-ground events or ash fall...

Still - worth keeping the news coming in from all quarters...
... you can never be TOO prepared *off to buy shares in mask manufacturers*

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Very true Anmarie, very true.

I think they get all the scientific data pretty soonish though, I`m getting a bit shifty.!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yeah, thats a fair point also Puterman.
Cup o tea for me I think, and just go with the flow.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah you are right that is not enough?
Ok look at the video of the erruption rising over the clouds in Island, you can see the coulor is white there, that means water, steam. So for now Puterman is right.

The real problem is with the jet engines. The ash that gets in theses engines is molten again, so it might collect on the turbine blades. They are running at very high rpm. Thats is the reason to close air space.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
reply to post by damn_ummmm

I can`t quite understand it. Surely ATS can`t be quicker at picking up on this than the mighty BBC?

It's simple.

The ATS is mightier than the Beeb

Probably because we read Icelandic news reports and can pronounce Eyja-thingy-bob-jokull

P.S. Fantastic weather map (EUMETSAT) animation from a Norwegian site.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I certainly didn't mean to scary anyone - if I did, I apologize - just for those that are nervous - being prepared for anything helps to ease fears, whether they are just or not. Plain and simple - always be prepared. And we also have to think ahead and if we are watching and reporting we know that - the potential exists for others - As the saying goes - think ahead, prepare for the worst hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well, I woke this morning to a clear blue sky, there are clouds rolling in over the hills, but they don`t look any different from normal.
Would they look different from normal? I dont know.
Anyway, I think everything is fine. The airports are all shut, but thats about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hi,
Here's one of the latest pics of the ashcloud drifting towards northern Europe.

Link
www.dagbladet.no...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
To whom it my interest pictures from the ash plume of etna on april 8th 2010

www.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hico

Scaremongering rag. The pictures shown were right at the volcano and not over Norway , or Europe, at all.

Yup, that probably is about it. By the way what' s a person from Auld Reekie doing being afeart o' a wee bit o' smoke? Lang may your lumb reek!

reply to post by solosister

Nice one. I think we are tending to forget there are other volcanoes!

Ash path

And now for your enjoyment and delectation we present to you 'Ash From Iceland'

Viewers are advised that this is an RGB composite (they colour the elements) and this does NOT mean there is a dirty great thick black cloud about to envelope Blighty.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54fb8cf4cc57.gif[/atsimg]

This is from 04:00 to 09:00 UTC
By the way the brown is NOT ash, that is cloud.

Link to source of ash pictures

[edit on 15/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The only thing I wanted to show was the plume from the volcano and sooner or later this will drift east.
I did not meen to scare anyone, just inform.

And, btw, I don't like beeing called a rag,

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hhaha Puterman, I think the name Auld Reekie sticks still nowadays, not so much because of the smog, but Edinburgh definitely reeks of something!!

So...
What is the volcano doing now? Has it calmed a bit, or is it still doing it`s thing?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've been trying to view the webcam at the eldgos website but the spoilsports are apologising it's down due to maintenance

Probably got a shed load of ash to scrape of the lens !

Any other web cams I could view anyone ?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hico
The only thing I wanted to show was the plume from the volcano and sooner or later this will drift east.
I did not meen to scare anyone, just inform.

And, btw, I don't like beeing called a rag,

You misunderstand the English term 'rag' - it means newspaper.

This was not directed at you personally at all. My apologies.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The latest ash composite seems to be indicating a lessening of the plume.

Can't see on the webcams.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No need to apology. English is not my mother tounge

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

Try this one:
eldgos.mila.is...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>