It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Above Top Secret handle forum gangs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
I once started a thread called "Who's drunk and wants to gang up on some threads?" I was buttkicked immediately. You can check it out on my profile if you want.

CJ

Why did you leave me ?

I recall you posted in my Santa thread. I think we got along quite well
No harm done. The thread was ment to be doomed anyway.

Making a thread where you're recruit people to "gang up" is not the most discrete thing to do

Next time i bring my handback

[edit on 6-1-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
One member of the gang that constantly harasses me recently threatened to out me, i.e., disclose my true identity. Guess what? Nothing happened to that member.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Call me paranoid, but I think there is gang on here with an agenda... they want everyone to think like them, to put up with their prattlings and let them hog the boards....

They are called Christians.

Parallex.

So,am I part of this nefarious gang of board-hogging,prattling,fundamental
CHRISTIANS?
Are there other members screaming...the christians are coming,hide?If
not,I'm doing something wrong and will have to tweak my technique and
approach.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

Dont forget users may post in the same threads due to them being awake at the same time of day . This may just be a coincidence of timezones. I mean I am from the UK but I know we have members from france norway , USA , and australia to name but a few, and they are all in various timezones. I personaly am often online at the same time, and post on the same threads as a few recurring individuals on this site, and I know full well this is because of similarities in our interests regards posts to investigate, and times we can post !

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Never seen a 'gang' on here...

I've seen the usual trolling, bickering and occasional side taking.... but im not quite sure how we'd get a virtual ganag on a global forum?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I had call to use it once (some time back) ... I was u2u'd quite quickly by a mod and the matter was resolved within a very short time ... so yes when required it does work.

However, I think it's only necessary to take such an action when all other methods have been tried ... and failed.

Incidently, I have noticed this kind of ganging-up mentality occurring on one or two of the ATS forums in particular ... but I just tend to walk away if an initial rebuke fails ... lifes to short to loose sleep over an ignorant bully who needs the support of others to feel 'clever' ... people can usually spot them for what they are and ignore them.

Woody

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think it's more than just ignorant bullies ganging up on people here. I think we're dealing w/ COINTELPRO or something of that nature in some cases.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by someotherguy
One member of the gang that constantly harasses me recently threatened to out me, i.e., disclose my true identity. Guess what? Nothing happened to that member.

How did they make this threat, in a U2U? You should take a pic and post it!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

How did they make this threat, in a U2U? You should take a pic and post it!

No, it was on the thread. That's a good idea. I think I will do that! Thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by someotherguy

You're welcome!

I do agree with you in that I do believe there are some counterintelligence people who post on here. And I do believe that they know who at least some of us are in real life. I have had many sinister experiences in my own life to corroborate that.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
I do agree with you in that I do believe there are some counterintelligence people who post on here. And I do believe that they know who at least some of us are in real life. I have had many sinister experiences in my own life to corroborate that.

I know someone who recently had a bizarre attack on the bus w/ some sort of irritating powder. Another person had a menacing encounter, also on the bus, but it was just a stare-down - no battery was involved.

I know they know who I am, but I'm not letting them intimidate me into silence. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees, right? Anyway, I think they would regret outing me, actually, b/c I happen to have excellent academic & professional credentials. If they out me, then I will just use my real name & leverage that credibility when I'm on the radio or whatever.

BTW, I looked for that threat & didn't see it. Maybe they removed it, or maybe I just haven't found it yet.

It is nice to know that I'm getting to them! lol

[edit on 9-1-2010 by someotherguy]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Did you report this to the mods? Because I think that's a pretty serious violation of T&C and not something they would take lightly.

If you did and you didn't see any results, it may just mean that they handled it through u2u communication instead of on the open boards?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Did you report this to the mods? Because I think that's a pretty serious violation of T&C and not something they would take lightly.

If you did and you didn't see any results, it may just mean that they handled it through u2u communication instead of on the open boards?

No, I didn't. I've alerted them about posts I thought were over the top before, & it didn't really seem to do any good. Maybe they did handle it over U2U, though.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It can sometimes be a hard call for them I think, trying to decide what's over the top and what's not. But threatening to post personal identifying information about another member is just unacceptable (not to mention potentially dangerous).

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you don't alert the staff HOW can you feel you've been honest in making a statement "someone threatened me here and nothing happened to them"?

I mean really. If you don't alert the staff HOW are we supposed to handle it?

Springer...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

If you don't alert the staff HOW can you feel you've been honest in making a statement "someone threatened me here and nothing happened to them"?

I feel I was honest in making that statement, b/c I don't know how things work behind the scenes at ATS. I see that threads are moderated by certain staff members, so I assumed there was some over-sight. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I wasn't being dishonest. In the future, I will certainly alert the staff if anyone threatens to out me again. I regret not having done so now.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I know someone who recently had a bizarre attack on the bus w/ some sort of irritating powder. Another person had a menacing encounter, also on the bus, but it was just a stare-down - no battery was involved.

Oh wow. Yes I've had the "minions", as I oh-so-affectionately call them, pestering me on the bus and subway and stuff like that too. But nothing quite at that level yet.

They have demonstrated to me over and over and over again that they can monitor everything I do with my cell phone, for example. But of course, if I were to try to tell anyone about that, I'd just sound like a lunatic. Exasperating isn't even the word for it.

I know they know who I am, but I'm not letting them intimidate me into silence. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees, right?

I'd really, really rather not die. There are a lot of things I still want to do with my life. But I refuse to stop fighting for what I believe in either.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I feel I was honest in making that statement, b/c I don't know how things work behind the scenes at ATS. I see that threads are moderated by certain staff members, so I assumed there was some over-sight. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I wasn't being dishonest. In the future, I will certainly alert the staff if anyone threatens to out me again. I regret not having done so now.

If you ever have any issues, concerns, problems and so on please use the ATS Complaint / Suggestion form which is reviewed by all staff. Never hesitate to contact staff for anything. This is what we are here for.

[edit on January 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Never hesitate to contact staff for anything. This is what we are here for.

Thank you so much. That is greatly appreciated.

Major Disaster,

Who do you think those "minions" are? Do you think they are government if they can monitor your cell phone? That is troubling indeed...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Major Disaster,

Who do you think those "minions" are? Do you think they are government if they can monitor your cell phone? That is troubling indeed...

I believe most of the time they are lower level rats/informants/thugs. They are told "watch for this MajorD guy at this place and time and shout these aggravating things at him.". There is someone well placed within the Bell network or something like that who coordinates these activities.

It is always done in such a way that all the other people around have no idea that anything out of the ordinary is happening. But these "coincidences" are so specific and jarring to me that they can leave me awake at night thinking, how the
did those people know that???

It is called "gang stalking". The idea is to subject a person to these endless psychic attacks and slowly drive them nuts until they can't stand it anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join