It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura's show is waking people up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the user search-stats on Ventura's show topics. I was wondering, do you think it is enough to wake people up, or should people actually do something about it? What sorts of solutions does Ventura's show teach the viewer?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
S&F from me.

I wont say much more except that I've always been a fan of Tesla and bringing this out would do him justice (try a google search on his quotes).

I've watched Jesse's episodes on this and yup - BALLS of STEEL is an understatement. May he make more of his ball wracking specials and live to a hundred and fifty or more.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by headb]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

i liked the blackbox witness from 911 he interviewed.--now that was top notch.----i see some hear think it is over dramatized!!!--i dont think it is dramatized enough.----seen alot of facts come out.----hope he does a show on the global chem-spraying that is dimming the sun and cooling things off for all the global warming skeptics-----i still cant believe people here think global warming is not real and thats why they spray daily here in wisconsin.---for dam near 20 years and each year more and more.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We will know how effective it is if someone tries to give JV a heart attack or a car accident into a lake.

I'm glad this info is coming out in some form no matter how much like a WWE drama it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I've oddly enough had several recent discussions with 'older' generation Americans who have watched this new show and now see 911 in an entirely different light.

I was shocked to see the transformation in these people.

I don't know how, but however cheesy Ventura's show appears, it appears to have made an impact.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by loam]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

There are pros and cons to everything. I guess that is obvious. The cons of the show, to me anyways, seem to outweigh the pros.

The reason I do not like the show is because it is done through television. Like you said, its corny, but the attitudes of the "investigators", and the way they portray it in general (camera angles, music, etc) just seems to be trivialize the whole movement. Not to mention, I am sure they are making a few bucks off the season.

That is just my gut reaction and perhaps I need to watch it some more to get a better idea.

There is something funny about television itself though. We, as humans/observers, most likely take anything portrayed on television as fiction. Even if they say, "based on a true story", subconsciously I feel its 'far away' in a sense, not in this universe or reality if you will. I hope that makes sense.

The pros would obviously be what you stated and proved in your OP. The only thing that worries me is: why would "they" allow this to be broad cast? Are "they" trying to get the general population used to the names of the REAL leaders of the world via conspiracy theory programs, so they can more easily have us submit?

I am going quite far with this but I think it is called for considering what this show 'brings to the table'.

Anyway. Thanks for the info.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

I have to agree. I actually watched my first episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory today - the secret society episode - and while I found the way Ventura and company spoke very corny, I'm glad they're getting this out there.

What worries me though, like you said, is why - if groups like Bilderberg is able to control the media - this is allowed to be broadcasted on television. It's basically telling us government is corrupt and to take some sort of action. Freaked the crap out me when they spoke about how they want to kill 80 percent of the human population through foods and vaccines. Now I don't ever want to get a shot again.

I'm not as keen on all this conspiracy stuff as most guys on ATS are but I lurk the site every now and then. I plan on becoming more involved. My recent playthrough of Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II (a PS3/Xbox 360 video game involving Templar Knights) has gotten me really interested in this kind of stuff. Consider me a newb with this.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've watched all the episodes, they're entertaining but the production quality is so low and the corniness factor is so high it's hard to believe many people outside of the quire hes preaching to will take it seriously.

Maybe if he got himself a better crew and sold the show to the History channel or Space he'd reach some people. You'd think the money would be there judging by all the flying around in private jets he does on the show.

He also tends to come off as fairly gullible too, I don't think there's been anyone he disbelieved on the show who claimed to have information for him. So far, this show is in my entertainment basket, rather then documentary, maybe that will change as the show evolves.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We gotta get a plug on Ventura's show. "if you want to look more into Consipiracy X, you can look at www.abovetopsecret.com and search "ewofwoior" (whatever thread is deemed the best historically on the issue.

Someone smarter than me in media contact go get them.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Why didn't you share the information with your mom earlier?

It seems the program was able to reach your mother when you couldn't or wouldn't.

That is the key. Planting seeds of doubt in the mainstream.

At least it opened up a dialogue.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
We gotta get a plug on Ventura's show. "if you want to look more into Consipiracy X, you can look at www.abovetopsecret.com and search "ewofwoior" (whatever thread is deemed the best historically on the issue.

Someone smarter than me in media contact go get them.

I think this is a bad idea.
There is so much nonsense on ATS lately that it could tarnish peoples waking up

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

No, bad idea.

We don't want to associate ourselves to Ventura's show..

"Governor, they're targeting the food", "turn the plane around!" *plays dramatic music*

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250

Originally posted by someotherguy
I'm glad he's bringing up issues like fluoride & forced vaccines. Maybe I don't like everything about the show, but at least people are being exposed to some of the information.

Don't even get me started !!

What did he say about the toxic poison fluoride?

He said calling it toxic poison was redundant.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi. This is my First post! greetings to all my fellow thinkers!

when I first heard about the show I was pretty pumped to watch it. After seeing the 9/11 episode however, my girlfriend and I became pretty suspicious as to why and how such a show could be aired considering the stranglehold the NWO has on MASS MEDIA. I know some of you have voiced a similar oppinion, and, being a methodical person, I have been trying to narrow down some possibilities for explaination. Ive thought of 3 so far....

1) the reason this show is airing on television is because the NWO are trying to destabilize the country. If more and more people come to fear/hate/distrust/lose faith in the US govenment, it will be much easier to disolve the borders and form the NORTH AMERICAN UNION as I believe its called. Im pretty sure that this is the goal (and reason for their name) of the TRI LATERAL COMMISION. NU, EU, PAC. The implications of this are that Jesse ventura is knowingly or unknowingly, an NWO pawn in disguise.

allow me to get a little creative...

1.6 million viewers for 1 episode, thats a record number. i dont know how many episodes there are, but immagine if every household or viewer got another household or viewer to watch the following episodes. that 3.2 million viewers. EVEN IF HALF OF THESE PEOLE CAME OUT TO PROTEST, the nation would be up in arms, the national guard would be afoot, and it would be WIDELY publicized event protreyed as something to fear (lets not forget this is a VERY effective show, especially for the easily impressionable). add one or two agent provacateurs...and youve got your self a real # storm

2) the reason this show is being aired is to accurately gauge the number of telivision viewers who are interested in conspiracies., because these people pose a threat to the advancement of secret adgendas and conspiracies. The show is letting NWOists know their enemy, where they are located regionally, and other demographic info. This will make it much easier to stratigically place martial law enforcers, or something else (help me out...) again, doesnt seem to far fetched to me, but, im open to critisizm

3) The reason this show is being aired is because, like, benjamin fulford, jesse "the body" ventura is a protected martyr patriot who has nothing to loose by hosting his show and truely believes in waking people up so that we may make progress towards world wide unity and harmony (wouldnt THAT be nice for a change) the implications of this are, as some have mentioned, that jesse is a huge threat to NWO adgendas and that he is putting his life and reputation on the line. further implications are that jesse ventura is a kick ass american patriot, and that there is actually some hope for doing away with NWO ILLUMINATI jerks once and for all.

take your pick..
If anyone else can think of any plausable explainations...you should email me or whatever.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The show is no doubt waking up many people to new realities, HAARP, the 9-11 Conspiracy and the Bilderbergers so far.

Yet the question remains will this actually aid the Powers that Be or will it hurt the Powers that Be. Jesse Ventura is a pretty impressive person as people go a former Navy Seal, a Professional Wrestler, and a Governor of the State of Minnesota.

He is the type of person a lot of people have and do look to for solutions and action.

Yet will the real underlying message of the show end up being even a big tough capable guy like Jesse Ventura is powerless in the face of such overwhelming dominance?

Information ultimately is only as valuable and helpful depending upon what you do with it.

Is the information Jesse is sharing with the world simply going to end up preparing some for the inevitable of these massive conspiracies reaching their fruition, by in effect convincing them there is nothing they can do in the face of such overwhelming evil and power?

Or is it going to lead to a critical mass where people truly begin to take a greater interest and a more active role in the world as it transpires around them with an eye and a will to make a difference and an impact?

Waking people up is great, well as great as waking up to a sometimes terrifying nightmare can be.

Will the awake simply end up being those people who can calm others around them as events happen by explaining look they are taking us to a FEMA Concentration Camp and this is what’s going to happen there.

Or are the awake actually going to fight the good fight to retake control of their destinies and seize the day?

That is the million dollar question, for the reality is the only thing it takes for evil to succeed is to do nothing in the face of it.

So far the bottom line message of the show seems to be, there are a lot of big, bad and ugly things going down out there that even a big tough ex-Navy Seal Commando and Governor can’t really do anything about.

Are people just being woken up so that they can better accept the new reality and help those around them better except it?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I wondered the same thing about why are tptb allowing this. I think it is only because they think, most people will not take any of it seriously.
Same with Icke, many will not take him seriously because of the reptile aspect.

But once the information is out there, it will always be somewhere in the back of people's minds. They want to find out about it themselves, just like we did, we had to get our info from somewhere, and so do many others, they just got it from TV, instead of the internet or books. Now they can research the infor further, internet, books,etc

Everything is ridiculed...9/11 conspiracy theories, etc...but many people are not buying the msm's bs anymore. And the msm is reporting that the public majority does not believe in conspiracies But imo this is not a real reflection of what many people really think.. Many people do not want others to know for fear of being called a nutter and being ridiculed.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I am kind of new to this, and I just wondered why this is in skunk works?
Exactly what is skunk works?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia

I am kind of new to this, and I just wondered why this is in skunk works?
Exactly what is skunk works?

Skunk Works is a forum dedicated to conspiracy theories by members that are speculative in nature where proof of the conspiracy likley is not available.

It's designed as a forum where people can put their personal theories out there without the substantiating proof that most forums on ATS require a member to have.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My best friend of over 20 years called me to ask about the JV show. This skeptic, my friend, has battled me tooth and nail over the theories I presented to him in the past. "He says that it's disrespectful to the victims for me to accuse the government of having involvement in 9/11". We stopped talking for months over some of our heated debates.

I was flabbergasted to hear him open the communication line with me about conspiracy topics. Seems Jesse was able to do what I was not. It got him thinking and now my friend is searching for answers. Whatever path led him there isn't important to me. I am just glad he got there.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If I could shake jesse's hand, I would. I appreciate that someone would even make a show like this, let alone being a politician and an entertainer and hosting it!

I hope the masses continue to learn and grow.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Drama sells - people buy. That's television.

A majority of mainstream news - radio, television, newspapers, magazines, are going bust. Part of that is owing to their over generalization of topics of interest to viewers. The competition (the internet) offers information that caters to the ultra-specific interests of its users. Another part of the decline of mainstream media is its apparent (obvious?) bias. The networks are telling people one thing; reality is taking a 2x4 and slamming it against people's heads to show them reality is different...like the new, increased regulations on the financial industries, the banks, that... there'll be jobs in six months... that the economy is really improving. Another part of it is that almost every channel has this unbelievable knack for ridiculing, laughing at and ultimately belittling the views of half of its potential audience.

The more you scorn your customers, the more likely it is they will go to your competition. If they get the same treatment there, they'll shift "products" entirely.

Obviously the Internet is not under total control, neither should it be considered that all media is under control of TPTB.

Everything is pitched at a certain level. Ventura's show isn't for us - because if we are on ATS, we already know most of what he is going to say and a whole helluva lot more. But it is perfect for those who are growing suspicious and starting to ask questions. That is what the Google Trends probably indicates - that the people viewing his show are starting to ask questions.

That's where everything starts - the asking of a single question. In my case, the asking of a single question came to challenge virtually everything I perceived about dang near everything. For me, it started with Building #7.
It came a full 6-7 years after the first someone had with me over the nature of 911...wherein I toed the official line, and he didn't. There was just one little thing he said that meant nothing to me then, but one day something else popped and that single little note popped into mind. It immediately expanded to the video tape for the Pentagon, or lack thereof, continued onto Able Danger, and well...snowballed into several concurrent avalanches going in a lot of different directions.

Main point of it all is that it really is not up to any of us to convince anyone that their worldview is wrong; but to let them reach their own conclusions. As long as we at least persist in the asking of questions, others will start (or continue) to ask questions, too. The danger comes when we stop.

Ventura's show... gets 50 out of 10 stars just for its public reach. Not something I necessarily watch other than to see how he presents it - which really is perfect for the audience. It probably would not get that kind of viewing if presented as another sixth grade science documentary on the origin of bunsen burners or somethin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join